Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience, ArmA 3 Preview

VTE_logo.gif

ArmA 3 - Vietnam: The Experience, Preview

PMC has been making addons for the past 10+ years, please read this important message and support our addon making:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/donate.php

Vietnam War Mod goes to ArmA 3!

This is only a preview version of VTE which includes;

• US Army
    Vietnamese Village Rebel
    Vietnamese Civilian
    Viet Cong
    M16A1
    AK47
    PBR boat
    Rung Sat Special Zone 12.8 x 12.8km terrain

These are old models ported from existing ArmA 2 VTE. We are now looking for 3D modeler and texturer to join our team so we can make new content for ArmA 3. Anyone interested, please contact me. We are fully aware that especially the vegetation models look low polygon / resolution, no need to mention that thank you.

c2Em9GpezbM

Changelog 09-04-14 release

--- fixes 09-04-14 release
- bis v1.22 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/VTE_faction_usa.icon'., fixed.
- bis broke weapon sounds in v1.24 update, fixed.
- config class missing errors, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\drevena_bedna_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\hng_skrin_front_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\hng_skrin_side_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_acess_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_acess2_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_bila_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_bila_trans_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\postel_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\ubrus_2_co.paa, fixed.
- rssz terran name switched to use the full long name plus abbreviation.
- us army helmet splitted from character model.
- vietnamese rice hat splitted from character model.
- us army vest splitted from character model.
- vietcong vest splitted from character model.
- rssz terrain center position was not centered, fixed.
- rssz terrain ui image is missing, fixed.
- rssz terrain ui picturemap is missing, fixed.
- rssz terrain removed stupid bis loading texts.
- aircav pilot character removed (it was silly to be there the first place), mission compatibility ok.
- vietcong shadow in first person view broken, fixed.
- pbr cargo position cant get in, fixed.
- pbr cargo passanger proxy animation wrong, fixed.
- pbr gunner doesnt work, fixed.
- VTE_pbr: mainTurret - unknown animation source mainTurret, fixed.
- VTE_pbr: mainGun - unknown animation source mainGun, fixed.
- ak47 gunsights mode shows head of the character, fixed.
- vietcong has white mans face, fixed.
- vietcong has modern sun glasses sometimes, fixed.
- vietcong head clips through rice hat, fixed.
- us army character has modern sun glasses sometimes, fixed.

Depending on the feedback on this preview release we will continue tweak it, however later date we plan on porting (with help of new modeler/texturer) the full VTE to ArmA 3. If no feedback is given as its been most often the case, this is the only release. Please provide some feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Download vietnam_the_experience_arma3_preview_09-04-14.7z - 151mb

Torrent - Gameupdates.org

Dropbox

Google Drive

HubiC

Mega.co.nz

Bitcasa

All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Snake Man

Giddy up buddy - I love this mod.

Thanks so much for continuing the tradition with A3 :D

Thanks for the great mod mate! I love it...

Dirty Haz

Would be really nice to see this over in Arma 3.

Good luck with it..:)

Can't wait for the finished product! There's already so much done. Thanks for your hard work!

Would be really nice to see this over in Arma 3.

I have to assume you mean would be really nice to see FULL VTE over in ArmA 3, then yes :)

Thanks guys for the nice replys, I'm glad the small notes made it clear to anyone that its just an quick port and we definitely need a modeler/texturer to join our team to improve the content for full version.

If anyone has any specific bug report requests that fixes for those would make their missions run better etc, just post and I'll see if it can be fixed in the context of this preview version.

Congratulations on the preview release SM :)

Altitude based fog is going to be glorious on a Vietnam map :)

Well done SM, really looking forward to seeing VTE in ArmA 3 engine.

I have to assume you mean would be really nice to see FULL VTE over in ArmA 3, then yes :).

I suppose you could bring that over as well..;)

I remember having a vietnam mod in OFP, dunno if it was this one or some other, but flying a coop mission in a formation of Hueys, just a few meters above the jungle, was just awesome. Having this mod with updated graphics would be just awesome, nothing less

My Goodness this is going to be a freaking beast on Amra IIIs graphic engine along. I can only imagine with the enhanced fog and lighting.

I just tried the preview (never played the Mod on ArmA 2) and i have to say WOW!This mod will have a bright future in A³,it is a fantastic way of switching to something different than the "near future" setting.I absolutely love it and hope you guys can port the whole thing.

I loved VTE since OFP days and still play it today with ARMA2. I look forward to continuing the tradition with ARMA3's new engine.

I f I could make a couple suggestions; don't make it as large as the previous mod at least not at first. I would like to see content delivered over time rather then a huge conversion the way it was done from ARMA1 to ARMA2. The reason I say this is because it is soooo much work for you guys and that means a long wait for us fans. I'd like to see VC, NVA, basic weapons (AK-47, PK, Static MG), US Army (or Marines), helicopter and a single well tested island. I know that sounds like a lot already but for those of us who remember the last port to ARMA2 there was an amazing amount of content including 20 islands (not sure exactly but a lot), tanks, trucks, planes, music, sound, the list goes on. It was amazing and I loved it but sooo much work.

I look forward to VTE in whatever form and content for ARMA3 you guys provide.

Even the newest VTE terrains are pretty much well tested by now. The quality of the stuff doesn't rise any more if we leave out some models/terrains. The quality only rises if we get some modeler / texturer to join our team to help us out.

thanks Snake Man.

Some stuff will probably have to wait until the full release of ARMA3 and compatible tools to take advantage of all ARMA 3 will offer to the modding community.

Until then thanks you for the VTE preview.

If I had any modding skills I'd be happy to contribute but sadly I don't.

Any idea of when we may see another classic VTE map like A Shau or Ia Drang?

Edited by Dr@gon

I'm so looking forward to this mod -ARMA 3 is the perfect platform to simulate Vietnam era missions and battles ie. consistent with how we're currently playing domination missions on mp servers. Heck, we could do a simple swap (ie inf as American/Aussie for bluefor, VC/NVA for opfor, hueys for choppers, and relevant weapons, etc) and the mission would be the same as domination! We just need more jungles, etc or a map that represents south Vietnam.

Mmmm just thinking of the possibilities...A1 sky raiders, F4s, F100s for air support to complement hueys, Huey gunships and cobras....riverine boats, M60 tanks with M113 APC's....

Excited to see this finished/polished.

Ever since I Found ArmA 3 a short time ago, I've been showing it to friends & family. Brother is a huge 'Nam fan (right word?) and keeps asking if/when this will be finished. We both will watching and waiting. Very Cool! Keep it up...

I sincerely hope they also include Aussies as well as us army and usmc. Aussies obviously love playing as Aussies :)

in vietnam war games are really beautiful if then there is the flamethrower is even better =)

Any updates on this project?

I am particularly interesting in seeing the VC & NVA units in Arma 3.