soolie

Suicide Bomb Tutorial

Create a player named terrorist1 and save. Create a new folder inside that mission called "SuicideBomb". Copy and paste the following code into new files and name them what I did (suicidebomb.sqf, armbomb.sqf, deactivatebomb.sqf, and detonatebomb.sqf). Keep in mind that I'm a scripting noob and any feedback is appreciated.

suicidebomb.sqf
arm = terrorist1 addaction [("<t color=""#FC2B05"">Arm Bomb</t>"),"suicidebomb\armbomb.sqf"];

armbomb.sqf

terrorist1 removeaction arm;
hint "Bomb Armed";
det = terrorist1 addaction [("<t color=""#FC2B05"">Detonate Bomb</t>"),"suicidebomb\detonatebomb.sqf"];
deac = terrorist1 addaction ["Deactivate Bomb","suicidebomb\deactivatebomb.sqf"];

deactivatebomb.sqf

terrorist1 removeaction det;
terrorist1 removeaction deac;
arm = terrorist1 addaction [("<t color=""#FC2B05"">Arm Bomb</t>"),"suicidebomb\armbomb.sqf"];

detonatebomb.sqf

splodee = "M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos terrorist1);

Edited by Soolie

LOL you might confuse google with this thread title :)

Haha. If you dont hear from me for a few days, call wiki leaks and tell them Im in guantanamo bay

• Haha 1

Add a condition for the AddAction, otherwise everybody and their dog can arm the bomb :)

arm = terrorist1 ["<t color=""#FC2B05"">Arm Bomb</t>"),"suicidebomb\armbomb.sqf",[1],1,true,true,"","_this == player"];

should be something like that. Its late though, so pardon me if its wrong.

Thanks for the tip. This is the first draft, just made it bc I saw a request on youtube. If I ever use this it will be for sale in a shop with an icon but no model (terrorists dont wear suicide vests on the outside) and will I guess work with wait until player has to addaction.

@scoobs

Looked through the anims, was trying to find something where the dude lifts his fist up to chest level like he's pressing a button on a detonator. Couldn't find anything. If anyone knows of one pls tell.

@zooloo75

Thanks dude

@everyoneelse

check out zooloo75's rp-life mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154870-Stratis-RP-Ultimate

maybe add some very silent beeping to the suicide bomber :D

Because bomb makers go out of their way to put beepers on their products :)

Nice Killzone what's the explosive ur using?

all thats missing here is a nice playsound on 'trigger bomb' right before it goes off..

Error.. missing '/sounds/aluakbar.ogg' :rolleyes:

dont know if "allahu akbar" really is fitting for greece terrorists/suicide bombers :D

I'm having troubles with having "Arm Bomb" Going away after I activate it. i.e. I use action 'arm bomb' and 'det bomb' and 'deac bomb' come up and 'arm bomb' doesn't leave. So, I can just keep doing 'arm bomb' 'arm bomb' 'arm bomb' and then have a list of 6deacs and 6dets.

IDK how to fix. If I figure it out I'll edit this post.

For anyone who is wondering how to restrict the visibility of the addaction selection to just one person:

Create a condition on the addaction for distance and make it something the game engine wont allow your character to reach in relation to the person "with the bomb". I managed that with this:

arm = terrorist1 addaction [("<t color=""#FC2B05"">Arm Bomb</t>"),"suicidebomb\armbomb.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this) <0.2)"];

With this, just the player, in this case "terrorist1", is able to use the action created because the others cant get close enough to the character to activate the script. This also hides the appearing red text from other players unless they reach 20cm from his body, allowing the suicide bomber more security in a pvp scenario.

I have not tested this on a dedicated host yet and could not tell you if it creates problems, but it seems to work on a local host and editor.

6 hours ago, JGames Family said:

Im doing an Altis Life server and when i press the bottom detonate bomb the bomb dont detonate, can you help me please?

Sorry but this is very old and is deff not good enough for a life server. There have been a few good ones made since this. KillzoneKid I know has one on his site. You would be much better off searching for a more complete version made by someone else.

all thats missing here is a nice playsound on 'trigger bomb' right before it goes off..