Sign in to follow this  
Psycho5553

How do i save an paa as jpg?

Hello. how do i save an paa file into Jpg? When i search on the forum i cant really find how to do that

Texview2 in the bis tools will help you :-)

Enviado desde mi LG-2X usando Tapatalk 2

Yep... really easy.

1. Open the .PAA with Texview.

2. Click File > Save As

3. Go to "Save as Type", and select "All Files"

4. Then, for the name write whatever you wish and put .JPG after it.

Now, I would NOT recommend JPEG. It destroys the file quality, but does use a lower file size. For very accurate, high resolution textures always just .TGA or .PNG. .PNG works with nearly anything, while .TGA I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) only works with Photoshop. Regardless, if you want to do re-skins, definitely use Photoshop.. the features are excellent especially since you can get .paa plugins I believe and other cool stuff for game work.

Richards

TBH if you're trying to save it as a file to edit, I.E rextexture a soldier/vehicle. Save the PAA file to .PNG

Here's an interesting Wiki page about the different texture types you'll find in use...

Notice the different file suffixes - _co, _ca, _nohq, _nopx, etc - if you check the Wiki page you'll see that some of these textures have an Alpha Channel, and some don't... by reading the file suffix you can decide whether to save the texture out from TexView2 in either .tga (best for files with an alpha channel), or .png (good for general purpose textures that don't require transparency, or 4 channels for some other sneaky purpose).

Both filetypes should load no problem in either Photoshop (get your 100% legit and free copy of CS2 from Adobe HERE ;)), or in GIMP.

You should use the appropriate file suffix for new textures you make too, like "blahblah_co.png" for a plain texture, or "blahblah_ca.tga" for one with transparent bits - TexView2 will read the suffix as it loads the file and it helps ensure you get the correct "type" of .paa file when you convert.

B

Edited by Bushlurker

while .TGA I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) only works with Photoshop.

GIMP also can handle .tga format and i think also others can. TGA isn't that exotic. ;)

.tga can be read and edited by most modern editing software packages (including things like acdsee and others). As myke put it, there is nothing exotic about it.