Sign in to follow this  
Meus

This game is not realistic.

Okay where to start i can fire a nlaw or any missile launcher the back blast does not kill anyone. All the guns sound the same all the guns feel the same. Why does BI rely on mods to get the fullest experience possible? ACE 3 is probably years off which will most likely fix all these issues but still why cant they implement better sounds and a true to life gun experience. For example back blast and shooting and breaking someones leg, more weight = slower character i could go on. It feels as if the person with the fasted mouse wins gun battles think Counter Strike it was not like this in arma 2. I only hope things improve in beta but so far im not impressed. Also the physics needs work i shoot someone and it does not phase them this is 2013 last time i checked we are not in the era of golden eye anymore. Relying on mods to implement things that should already be in a "Real to life" shooter is just sloppy.

I had to join the military for 1 year in Russian conscripts before signing on for a four year contract.

throw down your fanboy pride and look at the flaws.

And no i dont play any other shooter but Arma 2 OA.

I hate to be the guy that says this.... but "alpha".... ;) different contents like sounds for weapons.... that sounds like just waiting for the sound dept. to get around to it. You might be aware that the sound engine is undergoing an overhaul... launcher backblast.... it's an opinion whether it should be in or not, I think it should be, but I don't think it breaks the game to not be in.

Yup, Arma 3 isn't realistic in many aspects and it shouldn't try to do so.

Though some of the missing features you mentioned are well possible to follow later as the game is in a very early stage atm and much of what is planned just isn't finished yet.

I disagree with you on the sounds. The close range mechanical noise is very nice and the samples themselves have a very high and clear quality. If you play with a high volume, you can feel a punch. But still, some sounds aren't perfect yet and need some work. (Minigun etc)

Additionally, you should search before posting since there are multiple threads to post your impressions and requests...

it's an opinion whether it should be in or not, I think it should be, but I don't think it breaks the game to not be in.

Indeed. If you were playing the game realistically you wouldn't be walking behind someone with an NLAW anyway ;) Buuuut joking aside I would like to see it in

I hate to be the guy that says this.... but "alpha".... ;)

Mhm, again. I am not siding with anyone, but the beta is coming within like a month.. If you have been following Alpha development from the start you should have a good idea what to expect from Beta by now. Sadly, once the Beta hits the new meme will be "It's BETA!" all again.

I could have swore on day 1 i got killed from back blast on escape from stratis.

What you need to do is go here: http://feedback.arma3.com

and submit something called Feed back, the first one should be "Missile back blast does not aways damage other players in some cases" then you should fill that report out with as much detail as possible.

You should then search the already submitted feedback to find out that some one else has already submitted a bug report about all the guns having the same feeling.

encumbrance or fatigue is supposed to be in game i can't remmber which one.

Additionally you should find that the physx bug report has also been submitted that it does not act accordingly.

I had to join countless lists of betas for the last 7 years before signing on to make my own mods in retail games.

our ex military needs to throw down their elitest pride and help by submitting bug reports. Some real life experiences dont really apply to software testing unless you have experience testing software. your experience counts mechanic wise but you still need to help out by properly submitting feedback, otherwise this is just a rant that isn't going to help fix the game you want to be more realistic.

Edited by xyberviri

Launchers are just placeholders. I want to belive they will improve them a lot, because right now.....

Sounds also don't appear to be final, they had to laid down the new sound system first to tweak them further.

And the medical systems are not implemented at all!

Are they aiming for something like that (except for the gore thing)?

Launchers are just placeholders. I want to belive they will improve them a lot, because right now.....

Sounds also don't appear to be final, they had to laid down the new sound system first to tweak them further.

This is just AWESOME!

The Game will always be a Game and never be realistic to all detail...because it's a Game.

The guns don´t sound all the same. The new movement system is fantastic, and the Alpha was only about the basics anyways.

If you note, for example, there is a "disposable" entry in the weapon configs, which may be hinting at disposable weapons. And adding backblast is just rivetcounting and making things more complicated than they need to be.

I´d be happy with properly violent screen effects for guns and such. But actual damage effects would make stuff challenging for the AI unless you cheat like ACE and make the AI exempt from the effects, or just let them kill themselves. I´d rather keep with Occams Razor (if that´s even applicable here, but I´ll just use it for now.) and trim off everything that´s excess and stick to the basics and make them work first to begin with.

If the core game works, maybe ponder about adding these wacky addons if you can make them work in a fashion worthy of a AAA title. I for one will try to stay away from AI and Effects/Difficulty mods as long as possible, because I feel unless you are part of a heavy duty multiplayer community you are subject to diminishing returns, because these mods break as many parts as they add in.

The Bodyarmour will probably not be like the VBS2, and right now it does not seem to be implemented at all.

What a great way to WASTE your first post on these forums.

Useless troll is useless.

what is this senseless cruelty? and why isn't it possible in arma yet? every time someone posts a vbs video i get really sad. first the underground bunkers (actual underground) and now this. there should be a rule for posting vbs videos that says that they have to be hidden in a spoiler with a warning.

i hope we get at least a general wounded walk instead of just being force to walk when severely wounded. and please for the love of god don't forget to put back in wounded legs forcing you to crawl.

i really hope this is true. while i like the visual bleeding effect i really dislike the magical medikits. FAKs should only stop the bleeding and not heal you. that's what medics are for. and bleeding should have a lot more impact. like in dayZ. i really liked how it was there.

And adding backblast is just rivetcounting and making things more complicated than they need to be.

Not necessarily, back blast would require players to think of their surroundings before firing off a missile and could go a long way to balancing the infantry versus armor issue.

Example, player is in a town, around a tightly knit corridor area and hears a tank.

Currently that player can pull out the AT launcher and fire from any position possible without any concern for their own well-being.

With back blast in place this means that you cannot safely hug yourself to a wall and fire without a care, and with the new movement system infantry gain a new advantage over armor while it stagnates.

This is another case of "realism=balance".

It also stops players from pvp'ing with rocket hunting techniques, IE pull out the rocket launcher, go into a high place and hug a wall and try to kill players that way.

Only difficult thing with that backblast is how AI will handle it.

what is this senseless cruelty? and why isn't it possible in arma yet?
Because apparently no Arma player who isn't affiliated with BI seems to have RN/RAN contract money? :p That's my personal joke about why VBS features don't cross over to Arma 3 -- different devs, and apparently no one has thrown money directly at Arma 3's devs to contract them for specific features.
Only difficult thing with that backblast is how AI will handle it.
And therein lies one of the bigger problems with Arma 3, who knows if some desired features are being held back on account of an not-admitted-"can't get the AI to play along"? Edited by Chortles

ahhh, the moments that will be created for youtube/backblast/physx :cool:

thats what he meant by "realistic".

AMAZING. Period. The shot at 1:23 - it is not so much the realistic wounding effect, but the fact that the guy getting shot fires his gun in the air out of pure stress. The whole package is so cool - the wounding, the immediate reaction and the pure pain displayed by the poor trooper.

And therein lies one of the bigger problems with Arma 3, who knows if some desired features are being held back on account of an not-admitted-"can't get the AI to play along"?

The AI don't think the way players do though, they don't run into corners to suck their thumbs like we do, they don't perch on top of a building edge if they can, they don't stick to the walls or have the same thought process...now that is a for better or worse, it has its pro's (I mean we players do some really stupid things at times) but if it becomes too much of a problem then just exempt the AI from some things. Unlike a human player, the AI won't fight infantry and sit in a corner with a rocket launcher waiting for movement or accidentally throw a grenade to their own feet.

More and more it seems as though the AI is holding back possibilities than anything else, don't get me wrong I'm not saying things like "improve AI pathfinding" but how is an AI supposed to maneuver its way around a forest like a human player would? Backblast, underground structures, interior combat, so many things held back for the sake of the AI. We have to face it, AI will never be as fully capable as a human, i mean an AI helicopter will still engage a laser target from close range...hell they'll use countermeasures as a weapon in some cases.

If possible features that could be in locale for the sake of balance are pardoned for the sake of AI compatability then that means keeping the players on tight reigns.

Imagine that mentality with a full fledged penetration system, holding back on the idea of varied armor thickness because the AI has a more expected area to hit as opposed to a player who would aim for specific points be they weak or strong. I mean we have destroyable wheels but how often does the AI aim for those as opposed to a human player?

Edited by NodUnit

The AI don't think the way players do though, they don't run into corners to suck their thumbs like we do, they don't perch on top of a building edge if they can, they don't stick to the walls or have the same thought process...now that is a for better or worse, it has its pro's (I mean we players do some really stupid things at times) but if it becomes too much of a problem then just exempt the AI from some things. Unlike a human player, the AI won't fight infantry and sit in a corner with a rocket launcher waiting for movement or accidentally throw a grenade to their own feet.

More and more it seems as though the AI is holding back possibilities than anything else, don't get me wrong I'm not saying things like "improve AI pathfinding" but how is an AI supposed to maneuver its way around a forest like a human player would? Backblast, underground structures, interior combat, so many things held back for the sake of the AI. We have to face it, AI will never be as fully capable as a human, i mean an AI helicopter will still engage a laser target from close range...hell they'll use countermeasures as a weapon in some cases.

If possible features that could be in locale for the sake of balance are pardoned for the sake of AI compatability then that means keeping the players on tight reigns.

Imagine that mentality with a full fledged penetration system, holding back on the idea of varied armor thickness because the AI has a more expected area to hit as opposed to a player who would aim for specific points be they weak or strong. I mean we have destroyable wheels but how often does the AI aim for those as opposed to a human player?

its not something that can just get fixed. AI is limited by how clever the guy programing it is, what he can predict, he can design for. the more he predicts the better.

you can't sit there and demand a better AI, its not like saying "replace this colour with this one" its more like creating probability trees, the more branches the better the AI. and each combination of braches has to have a answer. and if you fail to predict the combination of over 20 brachches, that at each choice have 20 options (so 20^20 total options) you get shat on

Regarding the "launcher issue"; NLAW has a soft-launch system, there isn't a backblast and it can be fired even from inside a building :o

its not something that can just get fixed. AI is limited by how clever the guy programing it is, what he can predict, he can design for. the more he predicts the better.

you can't sit there and demand a better AI, its not like saying "replace this colour with this one" its more like creating probability trees, the more branches the better the AI. and each combination of braches has to have a answer. and if you fail to predict the combination of over 20 brachches, that at each choice have 20 options (so 20^20 total options) you get shat on

But I'm not asking for a better AI (though having them not fly directly at laser targets in a helicopter would be nice..) but rather have the AI exempt from some things if it means some featuers for the player, back blast being one due to them not thinking the way we do. This is why I touched on the prospect of a player sitting in a corner with an AT launcher, waiting for people, something the AI wouldn't do or at least nearly as much.

Regarding the "launcher issue"; NLAW has a soft-launch system, there isn't a backblast and it can be fired even from inside a building :o

this!... its like a sort of advanced javelin.

But I'm not asking for a better AI (though having them not fly directly at laser targets in a helicopter would be nice..) but rather have the AI exempt from some things if it means some featuers for the player, back blast being one due to them not thinking the way we do. This is why I touched on the prospect of a player sitting in a corner with an AT launcher, waiting for people, something the AI wouldn't do or at least nearly as much.

How did ACE do it in A2, I remember players having BB, but I cant remember what they did for the AI, maybe it would be a solution as it worked quite well as I recall. (and I agree with realism=balance)

AI considering backblast was in ArmA2 mods since 2009. If not in earlier games.

SLX for example had AIs clear backblast radius whenever they saw a dude taking out the launcher if they were in a danger zone.

Many AI mods prove that there's a lot of headroom for AI improvement without even changing anything in the engine.

And look at Rydygier's mod. If after HETMAN mod happened ArmA3's high command won't feature the option for AI commander I will be sorely disappointed.

Edited by metalcraze