b00ce

United States Colonial Marines

Its been 3 years since I started this project. Still don't really have anything to show for it. But I'm happy with what I have so far and want to share my work.

th_412e8e05-7457-4797-96fd-a41642d4686e.pngth_arma32014-12-2918-12-57-97.png

Content in the pack:

• M41a Pulse Rifle
  • VP70 pistol WIP (Texture needs a lot of TLC, no RVmats, no Shadow LoD)
  • M5 RPG WIP (Texture needs a lot of TLC, no RVmats)

• Helmet WIP (Texture needs a lot of TLC, Normal map needs work, Mic needs to be UV mapped)
  • Marine retexture (Placeholder)

Content on the backburner:

Weapons:

• M56 Smartgun

• M240 Flamethrower

• SADAR anti-tank missile launcher

• PIG

• Shotgun

Vehicles:

Equipment:

Known issues:

• Error Popup regarding "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UniformSlotInfo.scope'."
  • No reload animation for the RPG

Special thanks to everyone for the help that I've gotten over the past few years. :D

Download:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/c378d9b9-427b-4c20-82a9-3a907d646b46/logos/banner-420x120.png

ArmA3.de mirror

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6alL0752UOIZUcwZnFfYjhSSm8/view

Edited by b00ce

Good to see you're back from your (mis)adventures, and back to ArmA modding!

Reference your motion tracker concept: Perhaps you could speak to Shack-Tac about their HUD thingy and see if you can work out how to do it from that? :)

It should work. I don't see where I can "enable" it.

Good to see you're back from your (mis)adventures, and back to ArmA modding!

Reference your motion tracker concept: Perhaps you could speak to Shack-Tac about their HUD thingy and see if you can work out how to do it from that? :)

It was fun. lol

And I want to have the MT stuff displayed on the tracker itself.

The download for this file has not been enabled. Only the user who uploaded it, can enable the download option.

I'm not seeing an option. However, it has been downloaded twice so far...

Ok, fixed it.

Nice work, im also really interested in the flamethrower, ive modelled one myself but dont know where to begin making it actually shoot fire

I know I44 has a flamethrower. I'll have to ask how they do it once I have something presentable

Nice work, im also really interested in the flamethrower, ive modelled one myself but dont know where to begin making it actually shoot fire

Vilas also made one as part of the update to his old Colonial Marines pack a few months back. :)

Also B00ce, might be worth having a look at a early ArmA 3 helmet cam mod thing that was doing the rounds a month or two ago :)

looks interesting. Maybe I could have a memory point on the helmet where the camera is. Maybe this way I can have the little flip down FLIR eye piece.

Need some better pictures. The photobucket link doesn't work for me.

Fixed. Buggered up the url.

Fixed. Buggered up the url.

Good man. Right so I was going to ask, are there going to be any heavy vests or anything along those lines. They look a bit puny without them. Maybe a smooth vest with a sci-fi look?

Like these

Edit: I am blind. LOL I see you already are.

Very nice, my unit was just talking offhand about wanting to try out pulse rifles in the game. Can you list the class names so we can equip the weapons in the initialization? I'm interested in making a zombie survival mission with this weapon. I've tried all of the obvious variants of the M41A, nadda.

Also, the VP70 and the M5 RPG are not showing up in the Virtual Ammo Box (the ammo is however) and I don't see any weapon box for your weapons in the editor?

"CM_M41a"

"CM_VP70"

"CM_M5_RPG"

"CM_M5_HE", "CM_M5_HEAT"

"95Rnd_PulseRifle", "4Rnd_M38_HE", "4Rnd_M60_SMK", "4Rnd_M60_SMK_Red", "4Rnd_M60_SMK_Green", "4Rnd_M108_Shot", "4Rnd_M72_White", "4Rnd_M72_Red", "4Rnd_M72_Green"

"21Rnd_VP70"

The ammo boxes are in the ammo section at the very bottom with USCM in the beginning of the name.

Although the game itself was a monstrosity, are you considering adding any of the kit featured in Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Maybe some of the armor the Weyland mercs had, I thought it looked cool and fit within the whole Aliens theme. I don't plan on making the uber high-speed battle rifles and schtuff; to be honest, they look dumb.

However, I just bought FarCry3 last night... :whistle:

Fair points well made. I guess the scripting to allow the APC to be loaded into the Dropship is still good to go?

Maybe some of the armor the Weyland mercs had, I thought it looked cool and fit within the whole Aliens theme. I don't plan on making the uber high-speed battle rifles and schtuff; to be honest, they look dumb.

However, I just bought FarCry3 last night... :whistle:

Hope it was the Blood Dragon version.

Nice work on the USCM stuff so far, I get to use a more authentic Pulse Rifle thanks to you. :)

Some of the USMC stuff in ACM are stuff from the tech manual which is pretty cool, like the M4A3