Sign in to follow this  
gearheadman

Graphics induced Crash.

Ive got a GTX570 and have been having issues all along, but have increased 10x since the latest default branch patch.

What happens is that my video crashes; get a screen full of green $signs overlaying the last game frame and the screen goes black. At least half the time my audio is still running tho: can hear players talking and ingame effects. Task mgr would indicate app was unresponsive tho.Downloaded and installed the latest drivers from nvidia sans the 3d glasses drivers, and did a steam validation of my game files. Started running MSI Afterburner and did notice something significant. Everytime it crashed, the gpu utilization completely spiked to 100% in a split second. It could have already been at 99%, but much more often it'd be running at 40-60%. Almost like it was told to calculate something with a zero in the denominator (infinity).

I was running the nvidia drivers available just when the game came out. Only switched to the latest after the latest alpha came out and my probs spiked. Have switched back but no diffrrence.

On a bad day, crashes ever 30 min or so. Good day 2-3 hours. Average is about 70 mins.

Anyone else have these probs? If so, what settings you used to correct? If you have one of these nvidia cards and dont have probs, what general settings u use?

Thanks all!

do you have overclocked your card? Or overheating issue.[/quote

Don't overclock my card. It was getting in the 62C range, but upped my fan with MSI to 50% so it stays in the mid-low 50s.

Heat was one of the first things I thought of; had to hang fans blowing directly on the GPU back in the day of dedicated 3D cards (Monster).

It literally is a vertical spike in % GPU to 100% from 40-50%. Started loggin in MSI, but can't seem to read the format yet (.hml, NOT html).

Thanks,

Please upload your Arma 3 report file, found in 'Users > Name > AppData > Local > Arma 3 Alpha'. You may need to enable the displaying of hidden files through 'Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options > View'.

Ive got a GTX570 and have been having issues all along, but have increased 10x since the latest default branch patch.

What happens is that my video crashes; get a screen full of green $signs overlaying the last game frame and the screen goes black. At least half the time my audio is still running tho: can hear players talking and ingame effects. Task mgr would indicate app was unresponsive tho.Downloaded and installed the latest drivers from nvidia sans the 3d glasses drivers, and did a steam validation of my game files. Started running MSI Afterburner and did notice something significant. Everytime it crashed, the gpu utilization completely spiked to 100% in a split second. It could have already been at 99%, but much more often it'd be running at 40-60%. Almost like it was told to calculate something with a zero in the denominator (infinity).

I was running the nvidia drivers available just when the game came out. Only switched to the latest after the latest alpha came out and my probs spiked. Have switched back but no diffrrence.

On a bad day, crashes ever 30 min or so. Good day 2-3 hours. Average is about 70 mins.

Anyone else have these probs? If so, what settings you used to correct? If you have one of these nvidia cards and dont have probs, what general settings u use?

Thanks all!

Also besides the report file make sure you have removed the drivers completely. Just un-installing does not completely remove the drivers. Get something like driver sweeper or a progy like that. Not doing a clean install can lead

to some frustrating issues.

Will look into both.

The later does have me puzzled; NVidia install has a check mark for clean/fresh/etc. install which appears to remove the existing drivers. I am assuming that this doesn't do the trick either?

Last fault

Fault address: 68B56DD7 01:000D5DD7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

file: 404Wasteland_ArmA3 (__CUR_MP)

world: Stratis

Prev. code bytes: 44 D9 04 43 89 5D F4 8B 45 E8 8B 55 E4 8B 4D C0

Fault code bytes: 89 04 8A 8B 17 89 57 04 8B 0E 8B 55 D0 89 4E 04

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:493613A0

ECX:00000000 EDX:6E5FFC00

ESI:494A7A1C EDI:49468BFC

CS:EIP:0023:68B56DD7

SS:ESP:002B:23BBFEA4 EBP:23BBFF38

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Roger\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Alpha\arma3.mdmp

so it´s PhysX- related?!

did you try different PhysX- settings in nvidia- CP?

Only option is to choose what does the physx processing: card chooses, cpu, or gpu. Have run the first 2.

Did 2 things and it ran for 3+ hours with no crash, which it hasn't done in a quite a while.

Directed Physx (thru nVidia control panel) to only use GPU for Physx.

Rolled back drivers to 310.90.

EVGA forum indicated that artifacting, which was the symptom in my crashes, has been an issue with randon nVidia boards for drivers past 311. No common thread, it just seems to affect a random sampling of GeForce GPUs, regardless of type motherboards, CPUs, etc.

Not sure which did it, or both. Might try to find out.