glad most people dig the aliens. i'm not really happy with the way they animate but i gave up on trying to get it to work better since i refuse to work any more with o2. the good news is that i already started to update the model with the help of the new arma 3 character models and the results are great. so i will replace it very soon with a version that animates a lot better than the current one.

i will also release an infantry only version for arma 3 very soon using that updated model. so stay tuned for news.

@dcal: i expect some epicness of you! looking at your avatar i assume you are the guy behind that incredibly awesome video on youtube named "return of the Nephilim". i suggest you wait just a little bit with actually recording anything since i'll update the model soon as i mentioned.

P.S.: apologies to icebreakr for making him wait. i just really lost motivation after struggling so much with the damn sickness that is oxygen2 :p

I created custom character like you.

I hated because mostly i couldn't make good bones point, I add weight all part on the named selection, but it just sometimes worked.

So I decided to create only weapons because the weapon don't have knee and elbow :D

Anyway, keep it up the good work!

Edited by Hogthar

glad most people dig the aliens. i'm not really happy with the way they animate but i gave up on trying to get it to work better since i refuse to work any more with o2. the good news is that i already started to update the model with the help of the new arma 3 character models and the results are great. so i will replace it very soon with a version that animates a lot better than the current one.

i will also release an infantry only version for arma 3 very soon using that updated model. so stay tuned for news.

@dcal: i expect some epicness of you! looking at your avatar i assume you are the guy behind that incredibly awesome video on youtube named "return of the Nephilim". i suggest you wait just a little bit with actually recording anything since i'll update the model soon as i mentioned.

P.S.: apologies to icebreakr for making him wait. i just really lost motivation after struggling so much with the damn sickness that is oxygen2 :p

One and the same my friend;-) I have two videos that I will be making. One will be a movie trailer style vid highlighting the AlienZ mod and the second will be a little longer. I have other machinima I am working on for War Thunder, Planetside 2 and Arma 3 so I will work on those while you are tweaking the models. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this.

IceBreakr, Bad... thanks for releasing this. I love 'unique' mods for Arma like this one and have been patiently waiting for this after finding them long ago on Duala. This is what sets Arma apart from other games (for me at least). One banana for you:

:yay:

Alienz vs Predator vs Colonial Marines vs Halo on Lingor.... .heaven??

hey, awesome release

how to disable the alien vision for human players?

I noticed if 1 player is a zetborn, all the other players get alien vision even if they are on a different side/faction

A quick look in the zetaborn init, this might solve the issue currently you guys use:

if (!isPlayer _caller) exitwith {};

but you might want to use instead:

if (player != _caller) exitwith {};

Which will check if the player is the Alien the script is running on, and exit if it isn't.

i will fix it as soon as i can. what is missing is a check for the unit type. so since you seem to have unpacked the pbo, try out this.

if (!(isPlayer _caller)or!(_caller isKindOf "babe_zetaborn_Base")) exitwith {};

i'm not sure if icebreakr changed the classnames but that'S what i called the base class last time i checked.

These are some bithin' looking aliens! Well done gents :D

BadBenson: class is the same: babe_zetaborn_Base

No changes. It seems to be a typo in if

I just tried this with the Invasion 1944 mod, and I have to admit; Dogfighting the motherships with P-51 Mustangs was awesome, even if they eventually managed to shoot down all of my fellow comrades and forced me to bail.

I just wish the motherships had better targeting against aircraft, it's sort of a shame that they almost never hit jets and it takes a while to hit helicopters/prop planes.

A new mission pack featuring Alienz mod: Green Cyclone.

Be advised: only 6th mission features them, others are human vs AI/human ;)

Sooo much fun!! Just wanted to leave some feedback on the units and their behaviour.

(using DAC and/or UPSMON)

-AI cannot drive the tanks more than 50m without flipping or crashing

-AI firing the energy rifle seem to have problems with aiming too low/short - I've noticed this before with other mod units like star wars stormtroopers and the blaster rifle

-energy grenades - they don't seem to work as in I cannot select or throw them even if they are in my inventory

-no ammo box picture for the M92 grenade launcher

-I have not seen the XZ07 or XZ09 air units with AI pilots actually fire their weapons at an enemy

-mothership is awesome and scary... decent air vs air performance too... at least vs enemy choppers.

-spooker/zombie type alien unit is great

Thanks again for your work on this mod!!

:)

Finally found this mod (ive been on holiday), i will download now and test. IceBreakr are you still planning to host a MP night with theses?

Yes, probably next week. Will keep you posted.

Fixed the human vs human/alien vision bug.

if (player != _caller) exitwith {}; works fine, thank you good man =)

I'll release a patch.

About the event... would it be cool to make it on Thursday? My SBP team would play as alienz. We'll prepare the missions. Should we use ACE? Tell us, we need to post the event info tommorow.

Edited by IceBreakr

A new mission pack featuring Alienz mod: Green Cyclone.

Be advised: only 6th mission features them, others are human vs AI/human ;)

Hi, I cannot find the mission pbo to download on the "Green Cyclone" thread.

You have all the information about installation, but no link for the mission itself.

Pls help.

EDIT:

Found it on your web page.

You may need to update the info because these missions need ACE.

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi, I cannot find the mission pbo to download on the "Green Cyclone"

Link is on my website (banner in sig) or Armaholic? Also in the first post of course!

Here is an archive 7zip:

http://www.intella.si/files/AlienzMod_v10.7z

Edited by IceBreakr

What, no interest in the MP event humans vs alienz this Thursday?

My SBP team would play as alienz. We'll prepare the missions.

1. Should we use ACE?

2. Would island Panthera be fine?

Tell us, we need to post the event info tommorow.

Link is on my website (banner in sig) or Armaholic? Also in the first post of course!

Here is an archive 7zip:

http://www.intella.si/files/AlienzMod_v10.7z

Thank you for your reply. Enjoying it.

You may need to remind players that ACE is needed.

Also, there is no overview, so the missions are "ghost" out, therefore, have no idea what the order is.

Thanks for the hard work!

Kommiekat, of course there are briefings - use missions in MP. There should be Notes.

Kommiekat, of course there are briefings - use missions in MP. There should be Notes.

Sorry, I meant when you first click on SCENARIOS.

When you go into your Missions with a list of all the missions you have, your Green Cyclone does not appear but as empty slots.

Perhaps if I put them into the MP mission folder and play on LAN? Then they show up?

I think Kommiekat write about overview file with picture and short info about mission. All the stuff which we see in SP scenario menu when we choose mission.

Released a fixed version, v1.1.

Changelog:

- fixed non-alien night vision (MP compatibility)

- added first/last names of aliens

- added energy rifle reload sound

- added a simple aiming sight for a rifle

Click my sig pic for download links.

Hey! How about a micro campaign that simulates an early X-COM mission. An air combat to shoot down the UFO could be an intro. After its shot down an early X-COM unit (normal special forces really) is sent in to secure the crash site. This mission would simulate how it looks from the perspective of X-COM operatives during the early stages of the conflict.