alienz960.jpg

ALIENZ MOD FOR ARMA 2

Version: v1.0

First Release: May 19, 2013

Well, we are all a bit tired of killing zombies, so here come the Alienz ;) some of you know these guys from old Isla Duala Full release, they were later removed from newer updates. They are now back with a stand-alone release, including BadBenson's outstanding work on new model. You probably know him from several other amazing things he did for armaverse community. Be sure to check out readme file for all the details, such as classnames ;)

Mod features:

- infantry alien units, Zetaborn faction under Independent side

- two alien tanks

- three alien spaceships

Download mirrors (52.6MB):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20769

Edited by IceBreakr

Hell yes! Been waiting awhile for this release. Been plotting a few mission ideas for these guys for awhile

Hi,IceBreakr.

I also liked the old version of alien units.

Could you add it?

Very nice,I get some X-Com vibes from them.

So what's the deal with the Zombie Aliens? Are they literally undead Aliens or just Aliens that use the zombie logic? What's the exact difference between the bloodseekers and the spookers?

Also aren't their eyes supposed to glow in the dark?

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Gen.Reaper: see the readme for all the info. They are the aliens that use "hunt" FSMs and are able to take down players in suprise. Differences are mentioned in the readme too (rtfm). Basically two bloodseekers use different logic (one more agressive than other, but other is much more stable and less prone to object clipping) and spooker usually doesn't even engage enemy but just lurks around nearby and spooks.

Thanks for this Icebreakr and Bad Benson!

Really looking forward to plating about with them in the editor :)

hey, awesome release :)

how to disable the alien vision for human players?

I noticed if 1 player is a zetborn, all the other players get alien vision even if they are on a different side/faction

Sturm: it is strictly forbidden to use mod in A3. Stated in readme.

Ryan: yuck, we thought we eliminated that bug... No chance right now, dont use aliens for players yet.

alright :) also the AI zetaborn air, apart from the mothership the other two aircraft are reluctant to engage ground targets, tanks etc. maybe add a movable turret like the alien heavy tank has to the aircraft?

also love the new bloodseeker AI adds a great fear factor to the game

Sturm: it is strictly forbidden to use mod in A3. Stated in readme.

Ryan: yuck, we thought we eliminated that bug... No chance right now, dont use aliens for players yet.

A quick look in the zetaborn init, this might solve the issue currently you guys use:

if (!isPlayer _caller) exitwith {};

but you might want to use instead:

if (player != _caller) exitwith {};

Which will check if the player is the Alien the script is running on, and exit if it isn't.

Had a run with them and although I like the improved models I will sure like if it was possible of course to add the old models too.

Other than this I have a small bug with the tanks.They flip up way to easy.

WOW!!! Thanks IceBreakr, your the man! :icon_dj:

By the way, do these alienz bite, LOL! :beam:

Wow Bloodseekers are scary as fuck when you're playing on a night mission without NVGs and unarmed because you never know when they're going to pop out and get you

Wow Bloodseekers are scary as fuck when you're playing on a night mission without NVGs and unarmed because you never know when they're going to pop out and get you

Very true...If they try to pop out and get me in the game. I'd be shooting where the sound comes from. :popup: :681:

Sorry dcal, I wanted to send you a preview version prior to release but I got held back on other projects. :/ hope you can enjoy it now, can't wait to see another of your masterpieces ;)

Don't sweat it my friend, you guys are doing a great job providing some very cool content for the Arma community. We all appreciate it greatly.

awesome, i planned to make a zombie campaign on abandoned island, but the Alien idea is more better. :bounce3:

Are you plan to make arma 3 as well?