Sign in to follow this  
papy.rabbit.08

SP_Operation Hackpoint

Operation Hackpoint

BY PAPY.RABBIT.08/SWITZERLAND

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/438/ophackpoint.jpg (174 kB)

Description:

In Operation Hackpoint, you'll have to rescue 3 civilians retained by the militia of Stratis. And then, try to escape.

With the use of IR-pointer and sound suppressor, try to be as silent as possible. After getting the 3 hostages, try to escape from the island.

The mission can be quite difficult or easy, depending on how you deal with the game.

Features:

• Infantry/Special Forces
  • Night OP: NV-Goggles, sound suppressor, IR-Pointer
  • Dynamic AI
  • Choices to do
  • Diving
  • At least 30 minutes to one hour of gameplay, and probably more!
  • Long-range and short-range shooting

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder.

Note:

Read carefully the briefing first and all the informations given to you. Don't hesitate to give me a feedback afterward!

You can also try my other mission: Operation Hashpoint(BIForums)!

Link:

Rapidshare

SP_Operation Hashpoint and SP_Operation Hackpoint? I played the former (several times, in fact), but I almost overlooked this one, due to the similarity of titles.

I'll try this sometime, but you might think about renaming it. :)

Bill

Ok, thanks! It was also similar, so the people recognize it was the same autor... But I think you're right! Give me a feedback when you try it!

Give me a feedback when you try it!

OK, I tried it, though it didn't go well. :) I think that's just because I had trouble seeing anything, even with night-vision goggles. In some circumstances, night-vision goggles seem to work fine, but this whole mission was just very, very dim. Of course, that might be my eyes. But I really don't enjoy peering at my monitor, trying to figure out what I'm seeing.

At any rate, one of my guys died immediately, right when we landed, because they didn't spot any enemies and I didn't either, not until after he was shot at close range. The remaining two of us made it to Agios loannis, right outside the building where the hostages were supposed to be, and I tried to sneak around, but we didn't get very far. My AI buddy died quickly. I didn't last much longer, because the AI could see me better than I could see them, even though they weren't supposed to have night-vision goggles. Well, I was able to shoot a couple of them, but then someone shot me.

Basically, I had two problems with the mission, but they might both be a matter of personal preference (so other people might not have the same problems). As I said, I don't enjoy peering at the screen, trying to make out dim shapes. My eyes aren't that great, I suppose, and it's just not any fun for me.

The second thing is that I really don't enjoy long journeys cross-country without anything happening. I play a lot of missions like that, where you have to walk, or run, for some time before you can get to where something is happening, but I never enjoy it. In this case, I'm sure if we'd taken the wrong route, something would have happened (something unpleasant, likely). There was a reason to be stealthy, I know. But we didn't actually have to sneak, because visibility was so bad. We just had to bypass obvious locations of the enemy. So it was just something which had to be done to get to the good parts.

I'm sure that wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been killed so quickly at Agios loannis. But it seemed like we'd be facing a similar journey if we'd been successful in rescuing the hostages, too, and I wasn't looking forward to that. I'd rather be inserted closer to our destination, so we could avoid the tedium of foot-travel. (Or give us off-road vehicles, so we could drive there.) Again, that's probably just personal preference.

I understand that this is a stealth mission, and I suspect it's just not my cup of tea. I suppose I could change gamma settings and try it again, but your other mission just suits me better, I think. (I really did enjoy that one.)

Sorry to be such a downer!

Bill

Thank you for the feedback Bill! I tried an other kind of mission.. I hope not everyone will not like to play it! I'm sorry for you. But I tried to have some realism, with the long journey, and for the night, with NV, I think it is also something that can happend. I mean they are there to be used! So I though it was not so difficult if the enemies didn't got NV Goggles. And in a way, they don't see anything, so the first part is not too difficult! I hope I will get more feedback from other people, because your the first.. Thanks anyway! I hope you'll like the next ones...

I have two problems, after i free hostages:

1) One hostage stay in house and don't follow me!

2) Noob question: how do i do for choose radio? :P

Thx for realising, anyway.

The hostages have sometimes a strange behaviour, I have done so much to inhibit the behaviour changes as I can. So try get back to another save, sorry :S. And for the radio, just press 0, and again 0, then you have the choice between 1 and 2 (alpha, beta). Tell me I you have other problems!