Sign in to follow this  
Monkeyshots

Precise movement commands (fighting the cover-indicator line)

Hi,

often when i play with the AI and want to issue a move command to a certain point (ex. 8 meters ahead) i have to fight with the line-indicator that pops up near cover-spots like corners.

In a Situation like that, is there a way to get rid of the indication line and issue the movement command to the precise point of where i want the AI to go? (other than using the map)

Or is there maybe a parameter in the config file that defines the snappines of the indicator line popup?

Further on i was wondering if its possible to queue 2 or 3 waypoints to avoid the AI taking a bad route to the selected location.

Thanks.

Replace the 2D indicator with a 3D "on-world" one, making it more precise and all. Should solve this annoying issue.

Hi, i think that it can't be fixed because the AI "Yeltsin pathfinding" itself. Is like order an AI to take something from an weapons/ammo box... they gonna get close taking a weird, long and slow route to take whatever from the box, you see the box... but they take it from the proxy (2m away from the box model), wich makes many times that they be unable to take anything because the proxy is outside their reach instead take the same space than the physical model of the weapons/ammo box; the AI pathfinding is very bad and i doubt that BIS gonna add a real time orders system over the map, that be like the missions editor but more simple, without scripts, text lines and things like that; just orders ala R6 Raven Shield. Let's C ya