Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Strange sorts of alcohol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ July 27 2002,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My ount and my oncle live in kenya and they told me that people cant afford ordinary drinkable alcohol there, so they buy artifical spirits there (which have other purposes than to be drinks)and drink it. In the western world those alcohols have a bitter taste added so people cant mix with water and drink it. But in Kenya they have no such bitter-additive and many many people go blind. The cook of my oncle&ount was one of them. He passed out and fell asleep on the side of a road and woke up blind. In Kenya being blind means no more future!   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That happens here once or twice a year... some dirt poor person decides that drinking some paint thinner or anti freeze is worth it to get drunk.

Luckily here at least the government takes care of them... because stupidity and desperation shouldnt be fatal in a civilized nation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stupidity .... shouldnt be fatal in a civilized nation.<span id='postcolor'>

Human evolution has stopped then sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 27 2002,07:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stupidity .... shouldnt be fatal in a civilized nation.<span id='postcolor'>

Human evolution has stopped then sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL.

No..because the TRULY stupid will always end up here!!

biggrin.gif

Think of it as Evolution in Action!

I like jagermeister i am not kidding... well only in one little cup

dead nazi is a great drink.

I cant stand girlie drinks with millions of

fruit juices and just some cheep south of the border

beer uhhh!

As for my age i had one that my dad made me and he said if you like this you will never have you drivers license... tounge.gif

I'm surprised no-one mentioned Long Island Ice Tea. Perfect if you need to get plastered in a hurry tounge.gif. It's a bit on the expensive side, so normally I just stick with lager or scotch though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That happens here once or twice a year... some dirt poor person decides that drinking some paint thinner or anti freeze is worth it to get drunk.

Luckily here at least the government takes care of them... because stupidity and desperation shouldnt be fatal in a civilized nation.<span id='postcolor'>

I lived with some indians on an reservation in an sub-arctic communtity for a year and there, the major problem was that they would get so plastered and when they'd leave where ever they were drinking to go home, they'd pass out outside on a snow bank and freeze to death in the -30 below weather. The year I was there, this happened 4 times in my village alone. Hell, once I got so drunk that I walked home bare foot in the snow and -30 weather. I would have to say that at least 60% of that town were alcoholics, and I was going down that path too so that's one of the reasons why I left and came back to civilization.

-=Die Alive=-

The funny part is that it took us about 3 months to drink one bottle of Stroh. If I am going to Austira next year I am buying more of that shit! tounge.gif

I suppose my favourite tipples at the moment are;

Stella Artois : Standard pub drink

Hoegardden : White Beer. Tastes great and comes in a pint glass so huge (It looks like a glass ashtray), it constitutes the ultimate in defensive barfighting tools.

Tiger Lager/Beer : It's Asian, and its great!

Any Shiraz thats at least Å10 a bottle (Any cheaper and it usually tastes pretty vile)

Plus a nice Brandy or Port. Ideal by themselves, and when your trollied and smoked all your cigars, simply add them together. Mmm!

Guest Scooby

"I'm surprised no-one mentioned Long Island Ice Tea. Perfect if you need to get plastered in a hurry . It's a bit on the expensive side, so normally I just stick with lager or scotch though. "

In Finland you cant get proper long island ice tea because maximum amount of hard alcohol that bars can put into one drink is 4cl's. Talking about stupid laws...

I used to drink jaeger but I no longer do. If you like jaeger or other herbal drinks you might want to try czech becherovska. Though atleast to me it gave nice hangover.

I've always though that Stroh was Estonian, not australian. Atleast it is widely available in Estonia.

I dont think there is anything girly in drinking drinks. It just makes alcohol to taste better. I have no troubles of drinking vodka or other drinks raw but in that way you'll just end up consuming it faster. If you can enjoy, why shouldnt you then. Besides it is fun to experiment with different mixes of alcoholic to find out new tastes.

Jägermeister, Kilkenny, whiskey (Johnnie Walker Blue Label is the best I've tried; costs about 220$ per bottle smile.gif) and dry red wines are my favourite.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let me just tell the story about Tequilla, this sort of Tequilla where you see a worm iniside: as you know the real Tequilla is won only from one specific Cactus. And this cactus has ony one specific parasite, this worm. So the worm inside is nothing else than a proof that is authentic Tequilla.

<span id='postcolor'>

That would be the Agave plant. Jose Cuervo Gold is the only kind that I will drink regularly.

A few rules

1. Do not mix tequila and diet coke.

2. Do not drink vodka that costs only $5.00 for 1.75 litres.

Tequila is an aquired taste, I didn't enjoy it at first, but it kinda grew on me. Especially margaritas, or just shots with salt and a lemon slice. I also like Bombay Saphire Gin.

Wanna get really messed up? I mean so messed up that you have to hold onto the lawn to keep from falling of the earth?

Try a Car Bomb:

1 pint of Guiness

1 shot of Irish single malt Scotch wiskey

Drop the shot into the glass and slam it. Have a few, all the girls in the room will look like Victoria's Secret models in no time flat. tounge.gif

Turn 21 on Friday. Legal alchol abuse here I come! wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 29 2002,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wanna get really messed up? I mean so messed up that you have to hold onto the lawn to keep from falling of the earth?

Try a Car Bomb:

1 pint of Guiness

1 shot of Irish single malt Scotch wiskey<span id='postcolor'>

I've tried a similiar drink. After a few of those (about 6-8; I can't really remember sad.gif) I found it very hard to ride my bicycle. I don't know how I was able to ride 5km from the bar to home. The next morning I had the worst hangover of my life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,08:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 27 2002,07:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stupidity .... shouldnt be fatal in a civilized nation.<span id='postcolor'>

Human evolution has stopped then sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL.

No..because the TRULY stupid will always end up here!!

biggrin.gif

Think of it as Evolution in Action!<span id='postcolor'>

I browsed the "Darwin Awards" website now. This got me laughing my ass off:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(28 February 2000, Texas) A Houston man earned a succinct lesson in gun safety when he played Russian roulette with a .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol. Rashaad, nineteen, was visiting friends when he announced his intention to play the deadly game. He apparently did not realize that a semiautomatic pistol, unlike a revolver, automatically inserts a cartridge into the firing chamber when the gun is cocked. His chance of winning a round of Russian roulette was zero, as he quickly discovered.<span id='postcolor'>

The weirdest shit I've ever seen people drink is called "miesbooli". The recipe is quite simple:

-1 l of absolute alcohol (96,9%) You can steal it from any lab.

-3 l of water

-2 packages of sausages chopped up to little pieces

Mix the ingredients and incubate in room temperature for two hours. Have a laugh.

It's so horrible I have hard time believing that somebody actually drinks it, but they do.

Anyway, when I want to get plastered in a hurry I down Hot Shots, Salmiakkikossu and lager. In an hour I can be totally ass-upwards.

If you want to try salmiakkikossu yourself, dissolve two big bags of Turkish Pebers to a 0.5 l bottle of 25% or so vodka. Enjoy cold.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ July 29 2002,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 29 2002,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wanna get really messed up? I mean so messed up that you have to hold onto the lawn to keep from falling of the earth?

Try a Car Bomb:

1 pint of Guiness

1 shot of Irish single malt Scotch wiskey<span id='postcolor'>

I've tried a similiar drink. After a few of those (about 6-8; I can't really remember sad.gif) I found it very hard to ride my bicycle. I don't know how I was able to ride 5km from the bar to home. The next morning I had the worst hangover of my life.<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting fact: In Australia, if you are caught by the police riding a pushbike intoxicated, you can lose your car license. Pretty rough, eh? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 29 2002,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Turn 21 on Friday. Legal alchol abuse here I come! wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I thought you could legally drink at 18 if you're in the military confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought you could legally drink at 18 if you're in the military <span id='postcolor'>

Nope, not in CONUS. Although some of the posts near the Mexican border enforce a drinking age of 19 on post to discourage soldiers from going across the border.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 29 2002,08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting fact: In Australia, if you are caught by the police riding a pushbike intoxicated, you can lose your car license. Pretty rough, eh?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same here in canada (my province for that matter).  And the same goes for golf carts, lol.   And if you're a passanger in the back seat of a car and are caught without your seatbelt on, you lose demerit points and the driver loses as well. And say if you don't have a license yet, they keep track of it and when u do get your licence, you'll start off a few point lower.

I once drove my bike when I was drunk, and I slammed head on to a parked car and dove head first into the windshield, then rolled off the hood and landed on the street.  I remember just laying there laughing non stop, until a porch light turned on and I stood up and dragged my bike (it had a messed up front wheel and handle bars) far away.  I remember the next morning waking up with this big bump on my head and a bunch of cuts on my body, but nothing broken.  I walked passed that car a couple days later and I must say, I really did some damage to that car, the windshield was all cracked, the hood was concaved, and the front grill was cracked (it was an older, late 80s car, a Buick I think).  But  my bike was really messed up.

I do a drink with a big 16 oz glass of beer (the cheapest beer I could find, mostly either Coors light or some other "light" beer), and drop in a 2 oz shot glass full of Canadian Club rye, and then I'd tap the bottom of the mug on the bar and guzzle it down in one motion.  My record was 4 of these and I was falling over fast.

-=Die Alive=-

Have any of you tried Skyy Blue yet? I'ts gooood.