Sign in to follow this  
mecharius

AnvilMG - An Arma Mission Generator

banner.png

Presenting the Anvil Mission Generator

What is it?

A Windows utility which lets you rapidly build randomised missions for ARMA2. Build a fully functioning mission with waypoints, markers, and friendly and enemy units in under a minute.

What are the features?

- Various mission generators including defend, capture, patrol and air patrol

- Support for Takistan, Chernarus and Lingor

- Support for OA units and some ACE units

- Build customised squads to suit the way you and your friends play

- Easily implement and include scripts, or add your own to the online library at http://anvilproject.com

- Export to a mission folder with a single click or copy and paste the SQM

Where can I get it

Get the latest version from http://anvilproject.com/downloads

Also mirrored at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19587 (currently version 0.2)

Tell me more!

Nope... I'll show you :)

A mission in a minute:

A more detailed feature preview:

Change log

v0.3

+ New "Capture" mission type generator

+ New "Patrol" and "Air Patrol" mission type generators

+ New units added, now ACE and RU, US and INS units supported

+ Select generator type in UI

+ Add map markers

+ Optionally add waypoints for BLUFOR

+ Support for Chernarus, Takistan and Lingor

+ Text box to filter unit type in mission generator wizard

+ Add "airfield" type spawn points for air patrol missions

+ Units and Groups are all named in the mission SQM to make scripting easier

Previous versions:

v0.2 (Preview)

+ the default mission generator creates a defensive missions including triggers and waypoints

+ significantly more units available in the editor including Insurgent and Russian troops

+ scripts can be uploaded to http://www.anvilproject.com/ and browsed in the software

+ scripts can be automatically downloaded from http://www.anvilproject.com/ and included with your mission

+ automatically generate a mission folder and include any selected scripts

v0.1 (Preview)

+ Custom data manager

+ Mission generator wizard

+ A very small number of units (but you can make your own)

I have not yet tried this out, but I want to say the concept is really great! I know there was a website along the same lines as this at one point, possibly still around, which I tried once, but it's great to see this kind of development proceeding. I have come close to trying something like this two or three times now, and with Arma 3 it would be great to see the concept taken to the next level. I can't really commit any time to the idea right now but I've always thought a dynamic campaign outside of the missions - a la Total War Series' strategic Campaign map vs. tactical Battle maps, could be implemented with technology just like this. The possibilities are truly endless and I've always thought it was a shame a team hasn't approached the issue. Then again, here I am talking about it, and not approaching the issue ;)

Wow, nice! yes there is a version that does similar things with planned assault by _William, but the more options the merrier.. might have to fire up A2 again and take her for a spin!

Just tried it out and I like the concept. But I ran into an issue: I tried to generate a simple Defense mission, with a USMC squad defending and two Russian infantry squads attacking. When I tried to run the mission, it said "No player was selected".

I've always thought a dynamic campaign outside of the missions - a la Total War Series' strategic Campaign map vs. tactical Battle maps, could be implemented with technology just like this

Yeah I've thought a bit about using the Arma .Net libraries - you could potentially get it to dynamically generate the mission, but given the other amazing libraries out there I didn't go down this path. However a persistent strategic campaign is is a fun idea.

Wow, nice! yes there is a version that does similar things with planned assault by _William, but the more options the merrier.. might have to fire up A2 again and take her for a spin!

Yes, I saw this site but haven't really tried it. This one grew out of being bored one afternoon and just seeing what could be done. :)

Just tried it out and I like the concept. But I ran into an issue: I tried to generate a simple Defense mission, with a USMC squad defending and two Russian infantry squads attacking. When I tried to run the mission, it said "No player was selected".

The mission generator by doesn't know which soldier you want to play so by default all units are set as "playable". You can fix this warning a few ways:

1) To change in one mission: open the mission in the editor, double click on the soldier you want to play and set its playable to "PLAYER"

2) To set up a custom squad configuration: create a custom unit with playable set to "PLAYER COMMANDER". Then create a custom squad with this unit included. Include this in your mission. See

for some hints about how to do this. The option I'm talking about is here:

jrmCqxZ.png