Sign in to follow this  
Ban13

PvP Action gone?

Hello,

I've seen a lot of PvP servers up in the first month or so after A3 Alpha came out, but now they seem to be disapperaing. I see a lot of talk about different mods for A3 but I don't see any servers hosting them. All I see are Wasteland and Co-Op servers and I don't like that. Am I doing something wrong, did I miss some kind of an update, do I need to download mod files for PvP servers?

Thank you!

Nope, wasteland seems to be the majority of PvP nowadays. Your not missing an update or anything.

There are still the ArmA-IL and ArmA3.RU servers that run practically only PvP and are often active during the busy hours. There might be more I've missed, too, so keep your eyes open.

Since the game doesn't have that many players, especially so long into an alpha, there aren't many servers that are actually populated 24/7.

yea i noticed the same. at the beginning there were lots of blitzkrieg servers. even some without crosshairs and 3rd person. i can never find those now. guess it's time to join an organized community for the first time since ofp.

I have about 4 Raid PVP missions. thing is we run Dev build....so we get max 4 on 4 when the server is an 8 on 8 (2 fire teams ) basically we raid camps, kill/Protect VIP from other teams AND working on a PVP convoy mission right now so i have been known for hosting co-op missions left n right but just stepped into the PVP arena PM me for steam account info if you would like to be invited when servers are running!!!

I have been playing at J4F servers. They are very good. Almost no lagg, and first person view. You can filter for them in the browser.

for the first time in weeks I had seen a few PvP servers up .. then in the past few days i haven't seen a Single One.. Its all Domi, and Wasteland...blech

hi Guys,

we invite you to play and fight with us. Our Server is 24/7 100% PvP and 100 % C&H. We playing with much Veterans from OFP, AI-A3 and much new Players from Shooters :). We love Teamplay and Communication via TS. Our Server has 90% reality Settings and 10 % for Fun.

Fight us at the J4F Server.

IF BIS patched the .exe again we open a second MOD Server "classic Enemies" with US/GUS Equipment.

greetings [J4F]

Like I said, for PvP you'll have to look for servers during prime time, and even then it's a hit and miss. But the servers are there, and people definitely do play on them!

It's quite interesting that there are a lot of people asking for PvP but servers for it are rare.

You'll just have to give it time for the Beta to be out and then the full version.

Arma has sadly never been much of a PvP game, but rather PvAI/coop or CTI style.

There are a couple, or often just one really good PvP server that runs on Arma2. Hopefully there will be a few more servers out there for Arma3 who run PvP missions. I mean actual PvP, not the rpg style missions like Wasteland etc.

CTI is alive and well, although not as popular as Wasteland, but I'm working on increasing its popularity.

the community im with is trying to set up an AAS server, I will reply again when its up, or you could check out our website from time to time: ourforums.net (your choice ;))

The lack of good PvP servers is sad, sometimes there's only domination and wasteland populated!

I spoke to a few friends and we are thinking about starting up a new 24/7 PvP No AI server located in NA.

The main missions would be C&H, TvT like Battle for Stratis or the new FT-2(Old Valhala ported to A3)..

Anyone interested in joining us , my steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965553442/

Thanks!

Promote the hell out of that server! Admittedly sometimes people's "JIP" decisions are made by, frankly, server-capacity-filled-percentage...

What you have to remember is that some of the Arma 2 PVP Tournaments, Need time to migrate. At Arma Wargames we are trying to get ready for Arma 3. While still running an Arma 2 Tournament.

I only play PVP and don't enjoy some of the experiences on say Wasteland or domination servers. We are used to good performance and fairly big numbers, But we have to work on the game and a Mod to get to the point were everything works.

But also promotes the PVP Teamwork aspect.

Our Current Campaign is our last in Arma 2. We now have a Arma 3 server. Although its pass worded until we get it working with a suitable PVP game mode.

Running a PVP game relies on people joining who want Teamwork, For every suitable player, Their might be four idiots , Who spoil the fun.

We like other will open up to all public players, But once we are ready for a new Tournament, It will be restricted access. Join the community in other words, that way we can sort out the good players from the noobs.

Promote the hell out of that server! Admittedly sometimes people's "JIP" decisions are made by, frankly, server-capacity-filled-percentage...

Actually, this is an important point. The masses are looking for good populated servers, for sure.

ArmA3.RU is still running DTAS and is mostly populated during evenings (European time).