Sign in to follow this  
WCG

Arma 3 newbie practice (US timezones)

Any Arma newbies looking for a casual co-op game? I'm a newbie, myself, who could use the practice, and maybe you could, too. I've downloaded a bunch of co-op missions, and I already play those with a guy most Saturday and Sunday evenings, but maybe we could play sometime on a weekday evening (by preference, though I wouldn't rule out some other time). Reply here and/or send me a private message if you're interested.

I'm pretty flexible on times, but evenings will usually work best for me, which is why I indicated US timezones. (I'm in Nebraska - Central Time - myself.) Maybe you want to join a clan sometime, but would like to practice a bit while you're looking? Maybe you want to learn the game, but are struggling to remember all the controls? I don't care if you're a complete newbie, because I won't be much (if any) better. And this will be completely casual.

However, one of the things I want to practice is teamwork. I'd prefer to work together, probably with one person leading and the other(s) following orders, because I need practice in both leading and following. So if you're more interested in playing Arma 3 as a first-person shooter, that's up to you, but you should probably look elsewhere. Otherwise, I don't care if you're struggling to learn the game or just need practice.

I think I'm past the complete cluelessness I experienced when I first bought the game, but I still remember how it was. And make no mistake, I'm still very much a newbie.

Bill

PS. I hope this is the right forum for this thread.

I played a little Arma 2 and some of the Lite alpha, im downloading the Alpha now and id be happy to join you :D

I would if I knew how to buy a gun. I've only played once or twice but i swear i've ran around the full map just to go get mowed down by some dude in a corner.

Yeah i think so . Been playing some cops n robbers mod or something. I really have no idea whats going on.

Yeah i think so . Been playing some cops n robbers mod or something. I really have no idea whats going on.
Ahh, that's be it, Wasteland is essentially "scavenge the map for guns and ammo and loot, then team up or kill other players for in-game cash with which to buy more of the above". As for the cops n robbers mod, not sure. There is thankfully TDM out there, gonna try to play that tonight (US Eastern) myself.

There is a team deathmatch ? Can i just pick my guns from a load out menu in that ? I do enjoy the scavenging but when you dont find anything or when some dude who seems like hes leading you to a mission actually leads you out to the middle of the sea to die , you kinda get a little frustrated with it . Im eastern aswell .. whats your steam name ?

Deathmatch (both team and free-for-all) among the first game modes for Arma 3. :p More recently, Death Match 4 is an interesting example of DM (the "everyone vs. everyone" sort) in Arma 3, which can be played with other players or single-player against AI.

My Steam info is in my BI forums profile, as is my Skype info (see the icons under my BI forums username). I should be on tomorrow night as well, maybe after 8 pm?

I would if I knew how to buy a gun.

GribTavish, thanks for the reply. I've sent you a PM.

Yukmout, note that I was talking about regular co-op missions in Arma 3. You don't have to buy a gun in those. Wasteland is a mod, basically, and deathmatch is a different game mode from co-op play. It's all a matter of personal preference, of course, and many people play all of these. But my original offer here was just for casual co-op play.

As I noted, I'm a newbie, myself, and just looking for practice - and maybe get to know other players with a similar play style to my own. I'm not ready to join a group, so I was thinking just a casual game of co-op.

Bill

I just thought I'd add this here, in case it's useful to other newbies. I keep personal notes on the missions I try - mostly just to jog my memory, though I also include a link, so I can check for updates - and I've uploaded them here (SP missions) and here (MP missions).

I'll try to keep that updated, but don't expect too much. As I say, they're just my own personal notes, not intended for anyone else. And I'm just a newbie. I haven't played most of the missions more than once, and in the majority of cases, I didn't get to the end. Also, the missions are constantly being updated, with the things I disliked often getting fixed in the next version. (I might point out this mission, which I hated the first time I tried it, but loved after a revision.)

Still, if you're a newbie looking for a mission to try, that might help.

Bill

I would be very interested in some Casual to Semi-MilSim Missions, I think it would be tons of fun, I am new to Arma so I cant promise anything good, but I will try, Im also looking for a group to play Wasteland and other Casual modes with, so if your interested HMU on Skype - Crimsxnn

I would be very interested in some Casual to Semi-MilSim Missions

Crimsxnn, I sent you a PM awhile back. Maybe you missed it? Or maybe you just changed your mind. No problem.

Note that I've been playing Saturday and Sunday nights with a few older gamers (in their 40's, 50's,... 60's), so I've got less time than I had. There's more information here, for anyone interested in joining us. So far, we've had four players on peak nights. Heh, heh. (And we don't restrict people by age, if you don't mind playing games with your grandparents. :p )

However, my original post still stands. If you're a complete newbie and just want to try co-op (North American timezones), I can always make time on weekday evenings. I know how lost I was at first! Make no mistake, I'm still very much a newbie (not having played Arma 2), and I'm definitely not very good. But I'm more comfortable with being not-very-good in co-op play now, I guess. :)

Otherwise, I probably have all the Arma 3 play I can handle, given that I play other games, too. I need a few more days in a week (or hours in a day), I think.

Bill

Hey WCG, I just read your post and thought I would respond. I have been playing FPS for years and have grown very bored with them. I found Arma, bought the alpha and it looks like it could be an incredible game. I am totally lost though. I usually try to play most evenings and would like to get involved with your coop games if you are still looking for players. Mind you, I am a total noob and would need some serious guidance but I as well am looking for a team experience on this game. Let me know. thanks, mc

I sent you a PM, MadDog515. That sounds good. I haven't been playing much on weekday evenings (I'm busier now than when I first posted this), but I can always make the time. Or you can join a handful of us on the weekends. Either way, we can work something out.

Bill

Good evening everyone.

I would love to join you guys as well.. I'm totally new in "Arma", but im expecting a lot from it as well as - expecting to participate into this game a lot.. I love these kind of simulation games. I would be glad if i could as a part of your group/clan or just be able to join game with you guys and practice..

Cheers,

Eagle_Eye.

Anyone looking for a team is welcome to play with me. Darkfire66/davidwalkerv on steam.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to join you guys as well.

Sounds good to me! I just sent you a PM.

Bill