Murcielago_ESP

Death Match 4, Players + AI

How do you set parameters on a dedicated server?

And is there a way to change the default parameters on a client server?

Thank you :)

Johnlol,

To change mission parameters in a dedicated server you must be logged as admin -> Introduce inside chat box "#login ServerPassword". This will give you the admin rights and now you will be able to modify mission parameters.

My missions normally have some parameters to allow players-admins to create what they want (Weapons, sights, light conditions, backpacks, strikes...)

EUREKA!

I found a CLEAN, EASY, TINY and SMART solution to transfer info without using public variables or triggers! And it is even more flexible than my previous system as I can transfer a TEXT and 2 numbers in one go!

I will test it with my colleagues today and if all runs ok I will flood the Arma community with the smoothest DM, TDM and CTF missions!

The new systems is something like that:

1. One tiny script (1kb) runs on the server checking the markers on the mission. This script is looking if someone created a marker with a special text (Including the name player inside)

2. Clients will create this tiny markers containing their names on it every time they kill with a knife, die, score a backpack... NOW WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!

3. The server script will detect the presence of this special marker and it will do its job (Currently add or remove points) and remove the marker.

Stay tuned!

Murcielago

Johnlol,

To change mission parameters in a dedicated server you must be logged as admin -> Introduce inside chat box "#login ServerPassword". This will give you the admin rights and now you will be able to modify mission parameters.

My missions normally have some parameters to allow players-admins to create what they want (Weapons, sights, light conditions, backpacks, strikes...)

Hi Murcielago!

I'm not sure i quite understand.

So there i no way to change the default parameters to have, say, strike on 4 kills for every mission?

Because if i run my server and i'm not there, then when it changes mission, Strike is "off" again :(

I would like it to be on by default for all 3 of your DM4+ missions

Thank you

John

The new improvements sound good Murcie. Looking forward to playing it. Then you join my server again ok? ;)

Hi Murcielago!

I'm not sure i quite understand.

So there i no way to change the default parameters to have, say, strike on 4 kills for every mission?

Because if i run my server and i'm not there, then when it changes mission, Strike is "off" again :(

I would like it to be on by default for all 3 of your DM4+ missions

Thank you

John

You will have to de-PBO the mission and change the default settings yourself.

Thanks zeep!

It will be a pleasure!

Everyone is welcome to join us! I normally open my server from 20:00h to 23:59h (UK time) -> server name: 88th.es - [88] Murcielago

There you will see my last missions/updates and you will be able to download them and place them on your servers!

Thanks ALL!

I GOT THE JOB!!!! :yay:

I'm moving to OXFORD!!! :yay:

I'm very happy right know as I'm going to be working doing something I love! Chemistry and nanotechnology!

Do not worry guys! I will not leave ArmA! Simply, I can not. Is like a drug. :nuts:

Thanks zeep!

Good news!!!!!

Now I fully understand what I created!!!! I already have a working mission working like silk and without error messages!

This new GENERAL system... is amazing! It will allow to do things that previously where not possible! In addition is a multi-channel system!!!

Today I will test the missions running with this new code version... as I needed to modify several scripts!

Stay tuned!

EUREKA!

I found a CLEAN, EASY, TINY and SMART solution to transfer info without using public variables or triggers! And it is even more flexible than my previous system as I can transfer a TEXT and 2 numbers in one go!

I will test it with my colleagues today and if all runs ok I will flood the Arma community with the smoothest DM, TDM and CTF missions!

The new systems is something like that:

1. One tiny script (1kb) runs on the server checking the markers on the mission. This script is looking if someone created a marker with a special text (Including the name player inside)

2. Clients will create this tiny markers containing their names on it every time they kill with a knife, die, score a backpack... NOW WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!

3. The server script will detect the presence of this special marker and it will do its job (Currently add or remove points) and remove the marker.

Stay tuned!

Murcielago

Not sure exactly why you are doing this but this probably has more overhead than using publicVariable or publicVariableServer or something. It might seem simpler using a marker and some trickery but you can probably guess that the marker stuff uses publicVariable or the same mechanism as publicVariable.

Hi Delta99,

Your thinking is right and normal but the truth is that something is not ok when you use publicvariable commands.

Looks like it was perfectly working in Arma 2 but no way is working in Arma 3.

In addition... did anyone thought about that a marker can be deleted... or not? Do you know what I'm talking about... Think about the power of it! Variables that can be kept or not... or even saved with the mission file!

Did you realize that sometimes people start to create many markers on the map just for fun before the mission start... that does not make any difference at all on mission performance... try do the same with public variables... allow then to trigger many public variables at the same time...

;)

(5 sec and we will have new update! Please anyone make a comment to differentiate this post from the update one!)

Murcielago

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

UPDATE TIME! :yay:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2mj838zhu8dwlt/DM4v20130729.zip

v.20130729:

. Fixed the errors related to last big update.

. Included Multiplayer Knife Kill System.

. Code reworked and made it even easier.

. Included bonus 3 Team vs Team missions.

. 100% on dedicated server.

Enjoy it!

Murcielago

Awesome! Cant wait to try this when I get home tonight.

Also congrats on getting a job you will enjoy! Best of luck!

Thanks Murcielago for your work, with my team we play a lot your missions, I have a question can you had a different weather conditions to th parameters ?

Is the knife mode automatically set to a key or does one have to set a key?

Thanks

Hi Murcie, i just played a few rounds online. The DM mission had really weird damaging. Shooting AI, they take almost 30 rounds before they die. Sounds like a bug :P

Thanks

I believe it is via the action menu, not tried it myself yet though.

Hi Delta99,

Your thinking is right and normal but the truth is that something is not ok when you use publicvariable commands.

Looks like it was perfectly working in Arma 2 but no way is working in Arma 3.

In addition... did anyone thought about that a marker can be deleted... or not? Do you know what I'm talking about... Think about the power of it! Variables that can be kept or not... or even saved with the mission file!

Interesting. I trust that you tested and proved this. I will have to see what you are doing with your marker system. It might be a good idea to package it up on its own as some sort of framework.

Like u said Murcielago mate...

Awesome performance/lots of objects providing nice cover.

Well done :)

Thanks Murcielago for your work, with my team we play a lot your missions, I have a question can you had a different weather conditions to th parameters ?

They have parameters to change the light conditions (Where the sun will be and its high using time) I added to fog but rain is not activated right know in Arma 3. I will include it as soon they make it available.

Murcielago

Thanks

Hi jungleZN,

Like I said... This is the first version...

I did not include animations at this time because they will introduce hassle to the player as animations depend on you gear,stance,movement... and I did not want to introduce any issues, only a new feature.

With the time I will include more features. If anyone is a kind of expert on animations and they can be added as script... please contact me!

About a key for the knife... is a problem as players in Arma will kill to have more keys available for them this is why I created as an action. I intentionally place on the top of the list to make it easier to reach it. Like I said in the video. If you select the actions with the LEFT mouse button instead of RIGHT mouse button is easier to use the knife kill action (Wheel up + LEFT mouse button) You can use the MIDDLE mouse button for something more important.

Like I said, that was the first version... I always pay attention to what people say.

Thanks for your time

Murcielago

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Hi Murcie, i just played a few rounds online. The DM mission had really weird damaging. Shooting AI, they take almost 30 rounds before they die. Sounds like a bug :P

Dear zeep,

The mission code does not modify any AI parameter or thing... yet! That is all about the game damage system...

The mission only:

. Teleport the AI units.

. Add the gear to the units.

. Force them to move away from the respawn point

. Recycle them if they try to "scape" from the battlefield area.

Once the AI unit is moving away the respawn point only the game engine manages the AI units.

I HOPE THEY WILL FIX THE DAMAGE SYSTEM SOON AS IT IS PISS... OFF MANY PLAYERS!

FREE TIP:

Many times players or AI do not die because you are shooting to his weapon (Sometimes you can see even the smoke due to the impact on the weapon) This do not happen in other modern games.

I have some experience on this field...

I created The Shooting Range and The Real Damage System:

About having issues to kill units... That does not happen all the time but when it happens... it does not make you feel... happy! If that happens all the time... is because your server is lagging (Reduce the AI number before and then try to reduce the number of players) Kick players with ping higher than 250! I will fix the ping issue soon... Creating my own code to block high pings!

Murcielago

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

I believe it is via the action menu, not tried it myself yet though.

Ladies and gentlemen... I created a video to explain the Multiplayer Knife Kill System:

Short answer is: Action menu ;)

I spent some time creating the video... as I still thinking is a great contribution to Arma because Arma does not has any easy multiplayer melee attack feature.

Murcielago

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Interesting. I trust that you tested and proved this. I will have to see what you are doing with your marker system. It might be a good idea to package it up on its own as some sort of framework.

Hi mate!

The Multiplayer Knife Kill system is only a tiny group of scripts. People can use it on their missions if they want (If some people ask me I can release as a mission example)

Like I said, please feel free to use it or modify to make it better!

I normally do my Arma projects because they are challenges so I like to fix or create them with... "special" codes... Is a hobbit... Some people spent to many hours watching TV... I like to create things... for Arma and at work...

The short answer is that I have many fingers in many pies!

- New revolutionary Capture The Flag system.

- Team vs Team misions (TDM)

- Create more missions for DM and TDM missions (We need more working missions in Arma...)

- System to make talk AI without broadcasting variables (I did it for Arma 2 but I did not released it as I kept it as a catch when I was looking for a job in gaming industry... You must see Arma with AI talking around you... By the way... The system I created for the knife system is going to make it even better that it was!)

- Shooting Range mission for Arma 3 (Waiting for Arma 3 to settle)

- Real Damage System for Arma 3 (Waiting for Arma 3 to settle)

- Silent Rescue mission for Arma 3. (Waiting for Arma 3 to settle)

Murcielago

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Like u said Murcielago mate...

Awesome performance/lots of objects providing nice cover.

Well done :)

Hi and Thanks!

I need to say that I was impressed with the mission performance when I tried on someone else server! I know I created but now I can realize why many people say that my server is one of the best when I test my own missions... The server performance was amazing so it was a pleasure to play Arma there!

Like I said... ArmA is not the problem even it has bugs due to its beta state. The BIG problem is the mission code... and errors! They kill the gameplay... They kill our game :(

I spent my time to create codes that have a tiny impact on performance and testing them. I normally release my missions when I fully tested them with other players and even doing it some times you have a little issues. Missions should be tested in medium performance Pc before to be released and they should work fine from the beginning to the end... if not you have work to do!

It takes time... But people appreciate when they can play a mission decently from the beginning to the end.

Murcielago

Edited by Murcielago_ESP

Keep up the good work Murc. I've followed your other work and it is all top notch.

Murcie, can you add the Default Walk Mod to your missions? I guess it's just a variable instead of mod, but you probably know better.

I just think that the default movement speed should be Walk when you spawn, not Run.