Murcielago_ESP

Death Match 4, Players + AI

Murcielago is back! :yay:

With a "big" update! -> Fixes for all issues! and new maps... TDM maps! My new CTF mode will be sold separately... ;)

. I already fixed the errors related to beta update.

. I added the new weapons with a very nice clean automatic system (Removing the ammo issue)

. I added a feature to limit sights too.

. I manage to improve the code to make it even more stable and better!

. I converted the CTF environments to TDM! You must see these mission designs!

. Added Automatic anti-team killed feature with vote system (For TDM missions) This is a tweaked version of my system to punish team killers with no public variables or triggers -> 0 LAG! (By the way... I created a new Capture The Flag system using only one public variable... Soon I will publish this baby... ;) )

I have been busy getting ready for job interviews and creating the CTF mode for my Spanish colleagues (http://www.88th.es)

Thanks for your comments and time! I really appreciate them specially when I still have no job... :( Hard time... specially when you are refused because you know to many things as you can find another better job in another company... it is sad to listen that when I have spent all my life learning... But what does not kill you make you stronger!

By the way... this is my web: http://www.freewebs.com/mgllgm/Pics1.htm

Keep the this secret... I'm not a professional programmer... But I have been doing programming since I was a child with and Amstrad 64 bits... ;)

Like I said... I'm sure the DM and TDM missions working like silk will be out on Monday!

Quality takes time... ;)

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Chortles,

You must free your e-mail box! I tried to sent you a message but I could not do it due to your e-mail lack of space

(I sent you a friend Steam invitation)

I took a look to your mission modification. Feel free to use it but soon I will have the new version ready (Is already ok but I want to test it several times before I release it)

I think tomorrow... today... I will made changes on the structure of the code to make easier to create new missions (Keep the things even more tidy)

Edited by Murcielago_ESP
error

Maybe i'm retarded but did you posted a download link to the new version:confused: I'm very excited to play deathmatch on beta;)

Hi all!

I'm having an issue with the page where I upload the file. I hope It will be fixed soon.

By the moment take a look to the pictures of the team death match missions that are included on the new release (I guess it will be released today)

Pic_TDM_Colosseum.jpg

Pic_TDM_Quake.jpg

Pic_TDM_System.jpg

These are the capture the flag environments, that soon will be released, converted to a team death match mission type. These missions are included in the new update for free! ;)

Edited by Murcielago_ESP

Murcielago, Colosseum and Quake look cool as heck, but I'm wondering how "System" works... and would you please resend the PM?

System means... The TDM mission system... This picture shows your respawn area with the TDM+ system you will be protected every time and in addition it is easy to use! There are details like arrows on the ground letting you know which direction you need to take to go to the battlefield area.

By the moment I added the TDM missions like a bonus thing but we will see if I decide to keep every thing together or make separate packs. I want to add new features and add to it the info and some quality touches.

Avout the PM is gone! I though it will be kept... but is not. I let you know on my message that I fixed every thing and I even reworked the code to make easy to create mew missions. I separated the part of the code related to the specific mission values: radius area, number of players... so is nearly copy and paste.

Adding new weapons will be dead easy as is all automatic. Just you need to add the name of the weapon on the weapon list and that is all!

Have fun!

Guys you must see the fight on Colosseum... smoke, explosions be able to spot and cover your colleague... (You can see your colleagues on the battlefield because the map special design and in addition I added a smart code to show your colleagues on the map.

I hope the file update issue will be fixed soon!

I hope the file update issue will be fixed soon!

Why don't you use Dropbox buddy?

Thanks dale0404, I used Dropbox. It makes sense!

So thanks to dale0404... ;) we have here... The... new.. UPDATE!

v.20130715:

. Fixed the errors related to beta update.

. Added the new weapons with a very nice clean automatic system to make me easier to introduce future weapons.

. Reworked the weapons menu to make it even more solid!

. Added a feature to limit sights too.

. Ready for dedicated servers (Fixed camera direction for weapon menu and corpses and weapons will be removed)

. I converted the CTF environments to TDM! You must see these mission designs! I called them... Colosseum and Quake!

. Team death match mission based on remaining lives per team. The first team running out of lives will lose the match!

. Final camera where you can see the winner team members! (FINAL CAMERA DURATION parameter allows you to control this option)

. Added Automatic anti-team killed feature with vote system (For TDM missions) This is a tweaked version of my system to punish team killers with no public variables or triggers => 0 LAG! This systems allows players to forgive their killer. If they do not forgive their killer (Default option so you do not need to waste your time) the killer will be aware of his action (The screen will blink and a message will be shown) Actions:

. 1st kill = warning message.

. 2nd kill = temporary lock + kill.

. 3rd kill = long lock + kill.

. 4th kill = PERMANENT LOCK!

The system will lock the killer until server will change to other mission.

By the way... This system is real and it does what it say on the tin:

. Automatic.

. 0 lag!

. Voting system.

. Dynamic (If player behave after they do a mistake the system will remove a team kill every 8 minutes.)

(I created my own gear menu with two ideas in mind. On one had to show the weapons as they are and, on the other hand, to let the player see his avatar so you know on which side you are. In addition I lock the gear menu so no one can change their clothes)

. Mission code and structure reworked to make easier to create new missions => copy and paste idea!

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/590y70ahyf9b2xi/DM4v20130715.zip

Enjoy it!

Remember guys!

I don't finish things... I make them better!

soon we will have more missions and features! and even the cooler capture the flag missions you have ever seen! (You can voluntary drop the flag -> backpack)

Stay tuned!

Murcielago

Edited by Murcielago_ESP

Have only just come across these gamemodes/maps - ran it on our clan server and had a blast. Good scenerios, great work.

Will keep an eye out for updates.

Yep, played some of these on my server last night, had an absolute blast! Keep stuff coming buddy.

yes it can Bigshot, I was doing that last night at the start, pretty good AI!

Thanks to all of you guys!

Yesterday was a nice day! I had the joy of playing my missions in a great server, the server of the J4F clan (Veterans of Arma games), with many people inside! That was awesome... it was close to what I feel when I receive positive comments for my work! Thanks guys!

I let you know that I'm currently working on my CTF mode but I always work in many different directions... I guess that I can have a new TDM map ready for Friday as I can move this new CTF map to a TDM type. In addition I will add something new... Knife kills! I'm thinking to give extra points to knife kills... I will be testing the multiplayer knife kill system today and if I'm happy with its quality we will have it!

Guys please feel free to use my missions or part of them to create your own missions! If you have basic knowledge of mission creation is dead easy as I make my codes clear and easy to use (I will appreciate if you mention me)

Stay tuned!

Awesome! I cant wait to try this tonight!

Also, good luck finding a job! Hard times everywhere sadly.

We have sound issues - players killing can hear their gun fire but thise dying do not hear gun firing. Anyone else had this problem?

I was just constantly having problems with what I thought was opposing players killing me through walls/obstacles in places without firing ports or back routes to where I had spawned...

About sound... Nothing to do with my mission. Arma 3 has currently several sound problems:

- Reload sound broadcast to everyone even when they are far away!

- Missing or very weak sounds for players around you (In Arma 2 I knew where everyone were thanks to sound)

- Loop issues with the sound of some weapons.

- Is not possible to locate the sound of some sound sources.

I'm pretty sure they are working on the sound issue! We need the sound quality of Arma 2!!!

By the way! I did a first test of my multiplayer knife kill... IT WORKS! so I will include with the next update!

I'm also working in a new automatic healing system -> Better for this kind of game!

May be tomorrow the update will be out!

See ya!

Murcielago

About sound... Nothing to do with my mission. Arma 3 has currently several sound problems:

- Reload sound broadcast to everyone even when they are far away!

- Missing or very weak sounds for players around you (In Arma 2 I knew where everyone were thanks to sound)

- Loop issues with the sound of some weapons.

- Is not possible to locate the sound of some sound sources.

I'm pretty sure they are working on the sound issue! We need the sound quality of Arma 2!!!

By the way! I did a first test of my multiplayer knife kill... IT WORKS! so I will include with the next update!

I'm also working in a new automatic healing system -> Better for this kind of game!

May be tomorrow the update will be out!

See ya!

Murcielago

OK thanks for the info.

Hi all!

I'm sorry about the delay... but it has been for good!

I did have some issues with the new map called The Beach (TDM and CTF versions) due to it "special nature". I'm very happy to say that now is all perfect!

The other reason for the delay was the knife code... It was good but not perfect! So I rejected two versions because they were not 100% secure... sometimes you killed yourself with the knife when you kill someone on the move... Accidents happens at work! ;) But I was not happy with it so today I created the peace of mind knife kill script! No public variables or triggers involved... just markers... ;)

The current knife kill:

- Plays a death animation on the victim and victim will be capable to look around for a few seconds before he/she dies! While victim is dying the victim will listen a gagging noise and the screen will fade out a few times to make clear that the victim is dying!

- The killer will receive a point and the killer will be able to finish off the victim receiving another point for that.

- The killer will remain anonymous by the moment... I think it is cool like that but I will listen to you guys! Thanks to the anonymous nature and the delay involved on the action because the victim takes 5 seconds to die... you can kill more than one in a row and no one will notice it... just when it will be too late! I manage to kill two guys in a matter of seconds during the test and it was amazing!

The current version works for AI and Players (AI do not use this system) Soon I will have a Team vs Team version of this system (That will be dead easy but I will need to test it too before I released it)

My idea is to do some test today an record a video to show the multiplayer knife kill system.

I did not add an animation as the system should be smooth and free of issues. If anyone knows animations to use for this knife system I would appreciate it!

Thanks for your time!

Murcielago

“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did itâ€

― Howard Newton

I can´t wait for the new version with knife code.

Thanks for the great work.

Cant wait for the new releases but please do different versions, with and without the knife thingy!

Hey, i have been playing your mission endlessly since i got Arma 3, its great!

I'm looking forward to new maps and features such as TDM :)

You wrote earlier that we could write if we found some bugs or wierd issues.

I noticed that sometimes when i kill (think it might only be AI?) i loose one point instead of gaining it.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this, but i remember being on 14/15 points and killing an AI resulting in me being at 13/15 points.

This has happened very rarely though, still best mission out there! Also very glad you worked hard at optimizing the mission to reduce lag, you can really tell!

Hi all!

Good news and bad news...

Bad news are... The new patch changed the rules of how to use variables in Arma 3 and this had introduced error messages even when code works... but I do not like that at all! So I will fix it!

Good news are THE MULTIPLAYER KNIFE KILL WORKS! (Dedicated and non dedicated servers, with players and AI!) and the Knife Kill system use a new system to transfer info smarter than the previous one and is not affected by the variable issue thing... Give me a few minutes and we will see the first step of the new DM mission type as this new code will allow more crazy things!

Give me some time so I will start to understand what I'm creating right now... ;)

Thanks Johnlol,

About score system and Arma... it is a tricky thing... I hope they fix their "special" score system... I'm aware that sometimes when your victim dies at the same time like you you can lose a point. Nothing to do with my code. My code only removes a point if you die and the death penalty parameter is activated. I hope they fix the score system...

About TDM... I'm working on that... I have TDM missions and Capture The Flag missions with backpack to carry the flags... (This CTF game mode looks like from another galaxy! - If you take a look to the code! Clean, smart and VERY LIGHT!) The TDM missions have a lives counter system... Soon I will publish them too! I normally test my missions ever evening (UK time) on my server: 88th.es - [88] Murcielago Every one is welcome... to try my knife! TDM missions they have knife kill system too! Give me a week and you will see what Murcielago can do... You must see this new missions... I'm pushing the envelope... Yesterday I spent some time just to edit the music for the missions... like always... is all about: performance, reliability and QUALITY!

Stay tuned!

If you want to read more... take a look to my words on Steam, I post in a thread where a guy complain about FPS issues in Arma 3:

"...Due to lack of quality in Arma missions I decided to create a system to rate missions -> FPS efficiency and you will see that on all my new missions updates... near Murcielago name! So when you will play a Murcielago mission you will feel the difference!..."

"...FPS Efficiency (FPSe):

Frames Per Second efficiency is a system that will allow you to know how good the mission performance is. There is an easy way to check the FPSe. To do it, go to the editor and create a player unit, then look to the ground (Or sky), go to game video options to see the FPS indicator (Below your nickname) This value will be the highest value that your Pc can reach as the game engine is rendering the easier scene possible (And there are no extra scripts running). This value is linked to View distance, environment complexity, direction, light condition (Day/Night), weather... and graphics settings! The idea is that with same or similar conditions the FPS number should be similar when you do the test on the editor (Running no extra code) and on a multiplayer mission. The difference between this values will be linked to the multiplayer mission code... or in other words... The difference will be linked to how good the mission code is! The smaller the difference between the values the better and, the higher the FPS efficiency will be. A 95%+ FPSe means that the multiplayer mission code has nearly no impact on game performance! That means LESS LAG and MORE FUN!

Now go and check the FPSe on other multiplayer missions... ;) And you will understand why I created the FPSe logo ;) Many multiplayer missions have less than 50% FPSe... By the way... the FPSe value should be same from the beginning to the end of the mission... This is why I'm so proud that I add my nickname and e-mail to my missions.

If you still reading this... I'm going to give you a nice tip... To setup your Arma 3 graphics settings go to the editor and place the player unit at [2936.14,5983.07,0] (This is the current most complex scene on the game. Command => Player SetPos [2936.14,5983.07,0]) and work on your game settings. If your game works there with more than 45 FPS LOOKING FORWARD and with a view distance of 1500m you are ready to fight and ENJOY Arma! (If not try to get the higher FPS value there!)..."

FPSe95.jpg

From now on you will see this logo in my missions and in addition I will include the FPSe value and my nickname in all my mission names so MORE people will be capable to see the difference between missions.

Murcielago

(Chortles you must empty your mail box mate!)

“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did itâ€

― Howard Newton