Murcielago_ESP

Death Match 4, Players + AI

Chortles thanks for your info!

Currently death penalty is a parameter with two values, off and on. When death penalty is activated every time you are killed one point will be removed from your score but I will modify that with the next update so the new parameters will be something like: Off, -1, -2, -3 (Being -1 the default value)

Chortles, about magazines class name changes it will be easy to fix. There are two files managing the units gear: AI_Gear.sqf (For AI units) and \WeaponMenu3D\Main.sqf (For players)

Again... THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Hi, I didn't quite get how to obtain the strike capability. Is that like a reward during gameplay ? Or is it just a menu item which is available ?

Thanks,

OP

Old_Painless,

In DM4+ you need to kill 2,3,4,5,6... (Admin can change this value, default value is 3) in a row to be able to use the strike. "STRIKE: ON" message let you know that you have reached that value so you can use the strike.

Plus delivering a backpack to the designated spot on the map will give you more points or strikes!

You will need to bring the backpack to the north or south of the map.

If a backpack is dropped at the south of the map the player who takes it will need to bring the backpack to the north and vice versa. Believe me to do that is not easy at all! (Points received for delivering backpacks can be changed by the admin)

Chortles thanks for your info!

Currently death penalty is a parameter with two values, off and on. When death penalty is activated every time you are killed one point will be removed from your score but I will modify that with the next update so the new parameters will be something like: Off, -1, -2, -3 (Being -1 the default value)

Chortles, about magazines class name changes it will be easy to fix. There are two files managing the units gear: AI_Gear.sqf (For AI units) and \WeaponMenu3D\Main.sqf (For players)

Again... THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Thanks for explaining things re: the new death score-penalty parameters.

Note that the Sniper Package content is apparently coming to stable branch as part of a pre-E3 update (to 0.60).

I have to ask though: the "only one FAK" choice seems clearly meant to make this a game mode with at least somewhere different from "standard regenerating health" shooters (plus if Wasteland is to be believed FAKs can only take the beneficiary up to 75% Health anyway), but I'm going to ask why did you choose to prevent inventory selection by force-closing the Inventory menu... more specifically, why prevent players from also being able to take up the downed opponent's magazines?

New update!

v.20130603:

. Included a new bigger scenario, Agia Marina.

. Respawn event handler have been removed due to reliability issue where scripts after respawn are not started 100% of the times (Lees commands -> Higher performance!)

. Little change to backpack system to control when players carrying the backpack leaves the server.

. Small change to the winner camera.

. New camera options: Short, medium and full. Default value now is, medium. This option will allow you to see at the end the last killed unit and its killer with a quick cool camera.

. Added an anti-camper feature (Disabled by default)

. Added a new flexible system to limit the battlefield area.

. Introduced street lamps to create a cool night experience.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20702

Enjoy it!

Always enjoy playing this. The strike system is a lot of fun!

Great mission!

Any chance we could get an updated version with weapons from "Sniper Patch"? Preferably together with the ability to chose the ghillie suit.

I actually pulled that off back when that content was only in dev branch. :D Don't want to make the OP's work redundant though, so I'll let him answer...

Hi guys!

I just finished testing the new version of my Death Match 4 + mission system.

Update Log:

v.20130612

. Included a new big scenario:

. Air Base: Small scenario for 16 players (Or 15 AI units) perfect for medium and small weapons and with a lot of action.

. Agia Marina: Perfectly balanced medium size scenario for 16 players (Or 15 AI units) suitable for all types of weapons.

. Air Base (Sniperland): Big size scenario for 18 players (Or 17 AI units) perfect for long range weapons.

. Included a feature to heal you but it will cost you 1 point.

. Strikes are now more powerful. Now the 5 projectiles will be capable to damage/kill units inside an 50x50m area.

. Backpack system improvements.

. Removed respawn event handler and some changes done to the code to avoid usage of non stable commands/systems to resolve the score count game bug and people respawning without the weapon menu.

. Respawn spots improvements.

. Changes made to work perfectly with the 0.6 patch.

Same link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20699

I'm proud to say that DM4+ has only a 10% FPS loss even when DM4+ has cool features like: death penalty, strike system, backpack mode, healing system (NEW!)

Stay tuned!

More features and scenarios are on their way!

Please post here your comments about future possible features or issues you may have had with this mission system.

Special thanks to the people who helped me to improve the mission during the open tests!

Enjoy it while is free!!!!

I should charge for it! :)

Quality is not in tools, quality is in people who use tools.

Thanks man! I love your mission!!!!

One request though, could you add flashlights please? I like playing at night with them instead of NVG's.

I think is the right time to add flashlight and laser attachment.

I will introduce it into the next update.

Murcielago_ESP,

Great work on this mission mode. Excellent design.

I have some suggestions.

1. Could you include a kill cam in the background of the scoreboard when one is killed? It is a very brief period I understand. As always not everyone would want that so make it optional.

2. Other types of strike like a helo strafing maybe for higher point earned streak. Strafing would be selected by clicking two points on the map for line of attack?

3. For maps like Air station Mike moving around gets boring as the characters get tired if you are running around for a while before you find enemies to engage. Can sprinting fatigue be toned down or is this a core part of the engine not available to tweak?

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you do with Altis and Beta!

You indicate that "Sniperland" is at the air base, but when we tried that setting, I thought it looked remarkably like the first. Heh, heh. Yeah, "air base" wasn't the one I wanted, huh? So when I finally found out which game I should have loaded, I saw how much different it really was.

These are all lots of fun, but I've got to say I really like the variety. All three settings are very different from each other. The gameplay is quite different in each. That's great. And these are the perfect games to play while waiting for other people to show up, or to wind down after another mission. Thanks!

Bill

Hi guys!

I'm not dead... yet!

I'm working in a different project right now, new CTF mode like never has been done before! This is not bad at all as I'm learning new "tricks" and I will apply them to the next DM4+ update!

About including a "killer camera" could be cool, we will see.

About Air Station map (Or like I like to call it, Sniperland) I think is the perfect size as this map should be only played with long range weapons and this is why is the bigger one. There is a medium size scenario (Agia Marina) and a small one called Air Base.

The idea with DM4+ missions that:

. You can use them as normal death match missions.

. You can use them to train yourself (Against AI to improve your movement and aiming skills)

. You can use wait in a server for your colleagues or other players. You can play this mission alone in an opened multiplayer server running the small map. When there are enough players you can change the map to a medium or bigger map or swap to a bigger game mode... my new CTF system! ;)

When I created the missions I took special care to the number of players per area (Gaming density...) if there are too many players in the same place (High gaming density) the game is chaotic and I was trying to create a serious DM missions. Thanks to the environment design we have (When the mission is full with players):

Hi action map -> Air Base (Not designed for long range weapons)

Medium action map -> Agia Marina (All types of weapons)

Quiet/smart (It feels like if you are hunting!) action map -> Air Station (For long range weapons)

What kind of map you will like to see next? (Big/Medium/Small)

By the way! Soon I will do open tests to my new Capture The Flag system! You are all invited!

Stay tuned!

I think is the right time to add flashlight and laser attachment.

I will introduce it into the next update.

Thanks man!

Also looking forward to your CTF! Again, thanks for your hard work. I love your mission!

Thanks man!

Also looking forward to your CTF! Again, thanks for your hard work. I love your mission!

+1

And another small map please :P

When Will This Be Updated To Beta Build?

Im sure Murcielago_ESP will update it as soon as he can, please be patient the Beta was only released today at 15:00 CEST.

What R0adki11 said, there's not only classname changes, compatibility changes and "adjusting to beta changes" to make but also needing time and room to experiment with and redesign the weapons menu UI.

I privately did a de-PBO during the Sniper Package-on-dev-build-only days with Murcielago_ESP's permission where I added both AMRs and the SOS to the menu of this dev-build only version -- which was never publicly released, although I kept in touch with Murcielago_ESP about it, and it was eventually made obsolete by his later updates -- and believe you me I took me a good bit of experimenting, on-the-fly learning and troubleshooting just to add those two weapons and one scope. It may be easier for him to implement his desired changes, but the beta means a bunch of more weapons to add than I did, along with a new optic and another suppressor, and making sure that everything is as bug-free/mistake-free as possible (i.e. the TRG series caliber change).

So as I understand it it can be played as single player via the MP lan thing? However, thanks for your effort :)

You have to play it through the MP menu and play a LAN match, but yes. :) It's "SP" in the sense that you end up being the only connected player so the other slots are filled by AI.

Hmm I only had 20 Minutes time to test play this morning... All slots were filled with AI except first one, which is me. OK then I played in the town and onceat the airbase... Where is all the AI? I hardly met anyone. As for the airbase, I turned the no camping mode on and well, I saw one AI unit... But with 15 AI slots I expected the playground to be crowded... probably misunderstanding on my side?

I think the mission does not work with the Beta (yet). But i'm sure Murcielago will be here soon.