Murcielago_ESP

Death Match 4, Players + AI

Multiplayer.png

Multiplayer.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Armaholic.com => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20699

Steam =>

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mgllgm/myworkshopfiles/

DM4 is the first mission created with a new solid addictive death match mission system.

Game type: DM (Multiplayer/Single player (LAN))

Players (And AI units): Up to 28.

This new update is basically a mature version of my DM mission system that I started in Arma I when I found a way to allow players to respawn safely on predetermined places. This one is version 4 (4.5)

This new version has almost 90+% of de code reviewed! Looks like very similar to the previous version but I changed many things to make it work even better.

Features:

. Arma 3 fatigue system removed to make gameplay more pleasant. (new)

. 7 different high quality locations.

. Safe Respawn system.

. Complete AI system.

. Winner Camera.

. 3D Weapon Menu system.

. High quality environment design focus on gameplay.

. Ammo spots in the middle of the map and limited ammo on respawn have been introduced to make the matches more dynamic!

. Dynamic Score system.

. Death penalty available (Every time you die a point will be removed from your score!)

. Day/Night and fog parameters.

. Weapons, sights, silencers, hand grenades, night vision goggles and third view options.

. Smart corpse remover system.

. Now you can select clothes. I really love this feature because you can identify the avatar with the player!

. Introduced end by time. I created a solid code that allows the server to manage the time and at the same time everyone can see the same remaining time.

. Now DM Info not only shows the best current player, his/her score and your score in addition it also shows the remaining time and how many players and AI units are in your server.

. The Winner Camera has been improved. Now the camera will be placed exactly where the last killed was, like before, but it will show always the corpse. It also features a draw and win by time options.

. Introduced objects to make maps more alive!

. Locking door system. This is a easy script that allows you to respawn on buildings but it will lock building doors once you get away from the respawn point. This little feature increases the gameplay and makes easy to create maps as now you can pick towns to create your DM missions.

. And many other small changes.

You can use the DM4 mission pack to train yourself as you can fight against AI units! Or you can wait for your colleagues in your own server! (The mission have been created with the idea of being Pc friendly and Network friendly!)

I removed every single thing that can create issues and I just left rock solid features and I tweak most of the codes and I introduced new features.

Mission pack content:

1. Aggelochori - NEW (28 players – Altis - Big)

2. Kavala – NEW (28 players – Altis – Big)

3. Athira – UPDATED (28 players – Altis – Big)

4. AgiaMarina – UPDATED (28 players – Stratis - Medium)

5. AirBase – UPDATED (16 players – Stratis - Small)

6. AirStation - UPDATED (28 players – Stratis - Big)

7. Complex - UPDATED (28 players – Stratis - Medium)

Installation:

1. Place the pbo files inside “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissionsâ€

2. Open the game and go to PLAY\MULTIPLAYER.

3. Click on NEW.

4. Select LAN or INTERNET for the HOST (INTERNET if you want to play with other players and LAN if you want to play alone)

5. From MAPS (Islands) pick select STRATIS or ALTIS.

6. Select a DM4+ mission from MISSIONS list.

7. Press PLAY.

Changelog:

I did clear the changelog because many things have changed and I did remove some features to make it look solid and to be SOLID! Some features can return and sure new ones will be added... ;)

v11JAN15

Arma 3 fatigue system removed to make gameplay more pleasant.

Now you can select clothes. I really love this feature because you can identify the avatar with the player!

Ammo spots in the middle of the map and limited ammo on respawn have been introduced to make the matches more dynamic!

Introduced end by time. I created a solid code that allows the server to manage the time and at the same time everyone can see the same remaining time.

Now DM Info not only shows the best current player, his/her score and your score in addition it also shows the remaining time and how many players and AI units are in your server.

The Final Camera has been improved. Now the camera will be placed exactly where the last killed was, like before, but it will show always the corpse. It also features a draw and win by time options.

7 different high quality locations.

Introduced objects to make maps more alive!

Locking door system. This is a easy script that allows you to respawn on buildings but it will lock building doors once you get away from the respawn point. This little feature increases the gameplay and makes easy to create maps as now you can pick towns to create your DM missions.

And many other small changes.

Edited by Murcielago_ESP
New version
  • Like 1

Hi Murcielago,

Some very nice touches. Overall a nice DM mission. I liked the COD style Strike Mission available after kill streak.

Couple of fixed required.

Need to edit Main.Sqf and change "20Rnd_762x45_Mag" to "20Rnd_762x51_mag". This was changed in a recent update.

No ""optic_Hamr" available in Sights Selection

"Land_Ytong_F" no longer available.

And spelling mistake "DEATH MACTH 4" in 3D gun selection.

Thanks beerkan!

Thanks for your comments. I will include the changes soon.

One question, what about:

Did you have any issue with it? My colleagues and I we did not experience that issue. May be is a random alpha bug.

The spelling mistake... No one saw the error before and many people helped me with the mission test... :(

My bad!

...One question, what about:

Did you have any issue with it? My colleagues and I we did not experience that issue. May be is a random alpha bug...

My bad!

Well there was an update today. Perhaps the item was removed in the latest patch. I didn't have an issue with it, per say, just that it caused an error on loading the mission.

I suggest you replace it with another item, then no errors will appear. (Which is what we all want).

Just to add, you need to search and replace in ALL your scripts and change "20Rnd_762x45_Mag" to "20Rnd_762x51_mag".

In the meantime, keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

:)

This kind of fresh mission is what shows the power of open world/sandbox games with editing! You took an amazing military simulator toted mostly for coop and turned into the most intense COD style death match that probably has ever existed on ARMA! Your mission editing skills along with ARMA 3s MUCH IMPROVED handling that helps with FPS style play have opened up a new realm of COD/BF3 style gameplay in the ARMA 3 engine. (great graphics/lighting etc) I have been playing Arma since 2008 with ARMA 2 so I am by no means a COD kid. I do love the battlefield series.

This versatility allows me to buy ONE game = ARMA, and in turn play so many different "Games" including PVP capture the flags, car races, terrorist hunts, and death matches like this which I love and is, sadly, the minority in ARMA.

Because it is the minority and so hard to find good PVP servers, your inclusion of AI so I can play without anyone or with few people is a god send that brings me back to the old days of playing with bots on Perfect Dark 64. ;)

Please continue to make different "levels" and add features! Expand on the COD style "Perk" thing you have going and you will help BIS to sell thousands of copies if the reviewers get to play your mission packs! So what if it brings COD kids. It adds money to BIS coffers and they will probably be too bored to interupt coop for too long. I would love to see you widen the maps. Maybe add a re spawning tank/APC once BIS releases those to the map for someone to control or add team death match versions!

Finally, if you need ANY help testing or brainstorming ideas for your next awesome PVP mission let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Murcielago always surprising us with some of the best developed missions for the Arma series, and always full of new details and features.

Great work, like always.

Looking forward for the next surprise.:don 14:

Hi mates!

DM4 can be defined as a smart update of the death match system that I created forma Arma 2. DM4 use a smaller and improved code that allows this cool mission to run without issues.

I have been asked several times about if it will be possible to include AI inside my DM missions but there were technical issues with Arma 2 engine and the complexity design of my missions (AI was capable to go through the extra objects that I added) But despite the Arma 3 AI has the same problems it is a great added value for a DM mission so I started this project trying to minimize this issue. I created and a cool complex environment where AI units have virtually no problems to move, in fact I'm sure that some times it will hurt your pride! Don't worry for it... You will not be the first one...

DM4 is a good quality death match mission that can be used also to improve your fighting skills in Arma 3 because you can play against AI units. Due to its construction it can be used to create a fair competition as every players has exactly the same conditions.

The code behind this mission does not use triggers or public variables thanks to this unique system DM4 is Network friendly but in addition it is also Pc friendly. This will ensure that everyone will have the best smoothest experience possible.

Summarizing, we have:

. a solid DM system.

. a challenging AI that adds value to the experience.

. an amazing new set of animations.

. and great graphics!

So that was enough motivation to create DM4! But this time I was thinking to push the envelop so I created the code, from the begging, in a way that will allow me to introduce new features:

. Winner camera.

. Visual menu to pick your weapons.

. Strike system.

. Dynamic score system with a death penalty feature.

I let you know that I had a working prototype where players after killing some enemies in a row received a mine but I rejected it as mines create a conflict with the AI movement.

I have another idea where helmets and bullet proof vest will add additional protection. The current Arma 3 does not make a difference if you use a bullet proof vest or not. I can fix that...

Or simply I can add game mode variations... I quiet like something I will call it something like "Hunting the fox"...

The idea behind DM4 system is to create SOLID COMPETITIVE MISISONS with special features to increase the gameplay but always with a realistic approach, for example the strike action is not instantaneous and it does not show you where enemies are.

Stay tuned!

I guess I can have something new ready for this Friday.

What you want guys?

Bigger map size or new game mode?

What you want guys?

Bigger map size or new game mode?

Personally, I don't want anything but to thank you for this. It's lots of fun, especially when I need a break from co-op missions (or just a break from life).

Thanks!

Bill

About what I will include for next Friday I guess I should work in adding new features as Arma 3 looks like that it currently has an issue with AI vs performance. There is something weird when AI units respawn so if you make respawn many AI units you can see a performance drop. It is not a huge impact but is not acceptable. Sure BI guys will fix it soon.

I currently added a script to create markers with perfect fit for the mission markers on the editor and for the objects I added to the mission. This will help when people use the strike feature.

Thanks guys for your comments!

Different locations with less objects. Like in a forest / valley with just some sandbags here and there. And in / around the village.

edit:

Also please the end movie, make it skippable or allow admin to set time. i.e. 1 second. It takes very long.

Maybe add a flyby heli with some rockets to swap with charges?

Edited by zeep

Thanks for all your comments!

By the way zeep, I will include your idea of shortcut the winner camera. I love that camera but this mission in not for me is for us so I will include it!

About other features vs bigger map size... I'm going to focus on adding new features and improving things until Bohemia Interactive fix some issues with AI, score, visuals fluidity... then I will knock down the walls...

About new features I would like to mention that in addition to a system to add missing markers (To increase game experience when using the strike system) I achieve something... cool? A backpack system! If backpack system is activated a backpack will be generated in the middle of the map then players will need to fight for it. Once a player grabs the backpack the player will need to delivery it to an specific point. If the player deliveries the backpack he/she will receive extra points and a new backpack will be created in the middle of map. If the player carrying the backpack dies the backpack will be dropped at that location.

Thanks for your time!

Murcielago

Hi Murcielago. Your ideas sound cool. It will be nice to have a small sub-mission like delivering the backpak. That can work for team vs team too.

I told you before, the gear selection screen is very nice. I like it because it's very fast, and then a quick spawn.

Looking forward to waht you can add in the future. I hope to talk with you more about it later.

Good luck! muchas gracias ;)

Thanks zeep!

Like I told you... first step is to create a solid system... then I will expand it!

Yes mate! Team missions will arrive! I have great codes and ideas... I have even 2 new missions for Arma 2 that I did not published yet!

I guess I will have a new DM4 version for Saturday. I need to change something little as I'm not happy with the Arma 3 waypoint system.

Stay tuned guys!

Just let you know that I'm currently working on solutions for the issues that the 0.58 patch has introduced to the mission.

It will be bigger... It will be better!

May be Saturday... DM4+

NEW VERSION: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20702

v.20130525

. Fix issues introduces by game update 0.58.

. Included an optional backpack feature. Players will receive extra points if they pick the backpack in the middle of the battlefield and they deliver it to the random spot on the map.

. Increased the size of battlefield area.

. Added 4 new player/AI slots.

. Added markers for most objects to make easier to use the strike system.

. Introduced a change to fix the game score issue related to rating.

I'm currently working on it...

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Zeep!

I let you know that I included your idea in this version, making the winner camera shorter (Now is optional and the short version is the default one)

In addition I'm more than happy to see that people liked the backpack thing so soon we will have an update making it more "visible"... The new update will show an small camera showing where the backpacks are generated and some basic ideas to make sure that every player understood how the backpack mode work (System description is include to on the notes sections)

Thanks for you comments guys!

Issues:

1. Engine changes that do not allow anymore to hide Stratis objects. I hide/"delete" some walls and objects from the original airfield to increase the gameplay (Creating new paths for players and AI) Due to the patch 0.58 I was not able to hide/"delete" objects so I changed the lay out of the mission.

2. Magazine class name changed for ammunition ("20Rnd_762x45_Mag" -> "20Rnd_762x51_mag") [Reported on this thread by Beerkan]

3. "Land_Ytong_F" no longer available (Object is there but with a different name). I edit the Mission.sqm replacing this object name for a working one. [Reported on this thread by Beerkan]

In addition I introduced an script to create markers for all missing important objects I introduced and for the original Stratis objects.

A "little" fix to help with the score bug... Before this "little" change the game not always add a point for every kill so sometimes it remove a point instead of add one for every kill. I realized that it was something to do with the rating... so I created a system to broadcast the rating without public variables or triggers ;) Currently in DM+ this problem is removed but occasionally a kill is not counted but mission is 100% playable! I guess this issue was there before.

Feel free!

Stay tuned as soon I will release an update!

If you have any issue with my mission please let me know.

In addition any cool ideas are welcome!

Murcielago

Thanks for the update Murcie.

I understand about the problem with removing objects. I hope you can change the map back to the first version soon.

The current layout doesn't play so nice compared to the first one.

An idea for the object/backback that spawns at a random location. Maybe it would be nice to have the object come down by parachute (like it's dropped out of a plane). Then everybody sees it falling and rush to where it *may* land. This can give some unique situations because some may rush in, other may hold off and shoot from longer distance etc..

A good option can be that he package gives immediate bonus to the player and disappears, or it works like you said and the player has to drop it off somewhere.

That gamemode would work very well for Team vs Team too. And then it's also possible to enhance it like: One team has to protect the object and the other team attacks. Random locations. Can work anywhere on the island. The defending team spawns closer to where the object is falling by parachute than the attacking team.

Anyway, i'm just thinking out loud and mixing aspects of different gamemodes in my mind.

OK, I tried the latest version, and it worked great. Still lots of fun! It seemed harder than the other times I've played it, but I liked the map changes. (The second time I tried it, I won the match without dying even once, which is a near miracle for me!)

Keep in mind that I usually play this as a single-player game, or with one other person (which is how we did it yesterday). And I'm also a complete newbie, so that might make a difference. But I like the mission as quick practice or as a change of pace when we've been playing co-op.

What would I like to see? Well, I'd really like to see random maps, if that's possible. That's one reason I enjoyed the new map, I think - because it was new. If it's possible (it might not be), I'd like to see differences each time I play it, so I can't get too comfortable with a particular map.

Also - and this might just be me - I'd like the option to set the penalty for death a little higher. I think dying should be significant, so I'd like to see us lose two points when we die, not just one. But I know this won't be universally popular (even the guy I play with will hate it, probably - heh, heh).

Anyway, thanks again for this. I have no interest in death match games in general, but this is really nice!

Bill

Hi mates!

Zeep, I quite like the idea of making fall the backpack... I will do some tests to see if I can manage to create something solid!

Bill, About increasing the penalty for death... consider it done for next update! I was thinking to introduce but I did not want to create rejection but now that someone is asking for it I will include it as optional.

About new maps and teams version they will arrive. My idea is to create a perfect DM system and then I will introduce new locations, ideas and finally I will export the ideas to different game modes... like team death match.

You must bear in mind that Arma 3 alpha is "dynamic"... I do not want to invest to much time in a feature that it will be removed later... Take a look to what it happened with the ability to remove walls... they remove this feature with the 0.58 patch and I needed to make a new lay out.

In addition I let you know that some game bugs are... I do not know how to tell it with words... but for people like me I can tell that some network bugs are... pain in the ass!

The idea behind this mission is to create a mission where you can train yourself, have fun with colleagues or have a great competition against other players! but the most important thing is to create a high quality game system that could be applied to other game modes.

Be patient guys, give me some time and I will fix a "little" Arma problemo... Most Arma multiplayer missions -> low frame rate missions, poor quality and no explanation for new players.

I'm taking my time to create missions with: high frame rate, high quality and information to make players life easier.

By the way... tomorrow we will have another mission update. Take a look to this:

Like always... stay tuned!

I have to say that "AI enabled" is one of the best things about DM4... it's not only something that can keep me coming back but something that allows me to actually play/test a mission when the player count is literally just two, much less one...

P.S. Murcielago, since the death penalty is optional, does that mean that the amount of death penalty is now optional as well, in the form of a new Parameter?

P.P.S. It seems that there's at least an error or two on dev branch when running DM4, one of which stems from the TRG-20/TRG-21 being essentially broken by a change to 5.56 x 45 mm STANAG instead of 6.5 x 39 mm.

Edited by Chortles

Excellent mission - good for a fast playbreak. Thanks!