Sign in to follow this  
Hammerballz

Wrongly signed Mods on the Server ACRE, CBA

Okay it´s driving me nuts so I hope anyone can help me out with this:

I am running a ArmA 3 Alpha Stable Branch Server 0.56 with verifySignatures=2 .

Installed mods: UOCBA_A3 , JayArmA3Lib, ACRE

Modline : [...] -mod=@UOCBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE [...]

All ".bikeys" have been extracted from the folders into the ArmA 3 root Key folder. Everything should be set up correctly.

However, clients still can´t join the server with those listed Mods and they keep getting the "Files .../@ACRE/acre_api.pbo ,...etc are not signed or accepted by this Server. Install additional Keys or remove them blah blah nuclear misslebomb" Error Message!

How come? I dont want to switch off verifySignatures on the Server!

What I tested without success:

1. Downloaded different CBA (beta 3) and several other Acre Packs which should work according to other Server Admins

2. verifySignatures=1

3. Tried CBA, ACRE alone

Any more guesses? :confused:

Thanks in Advance!

Server.cfg:

// JOINING RULES
checkfiles[] = {};					// Outdated.
maxPlayers = 40;					// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 0;					// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;					// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed). 
equalModRequired = 0;					// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
//requiredBuild = 12345					// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;					// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 1.00;					// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;						// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 10;					// since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30
persistent = 1;						// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";				// Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
BattlEye = 0;                                           // Server to use BattlEye system
hudGroupInfo = 0;                                       // Green Diamonds on Units

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";					//
onUserDisconnected = "";				//
doubleIdDetected = "";					//
//regularCheck = "{}";                                  //  Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature - READ WARNING ABOVE - makes cheating possible!

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";                // unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";			// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";				       // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

Edited by Hammerballz

We also tried creating our own signatures using the Dssignfile.exe and Dscreatekey.exe. Even used Addon Signer GUI from Armaholic with no luck so far getting always the message that files are not signed with a valid signature accepted by the key. Here is the link to the tool i used.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14124

As far as i remember i have since ArmA 2 the problem that my own created signatures are not working anymore. In ArmA 1 everything was fine. Any help or an advice on how to create signatures and keys which are working would be much appreciated.

looks like it should work... bad copy ?

looks like it should work... bad copy ?

It´s a legal copy of ArmA 3 Alpha, if you do mean this.

Does it maybe depent on if it´s signed for Stable Version or DEV ?

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Small Update:

It appears that CBA running alone does work with verifySignatures=2 ! Though when I add JayArmA3Lib, I get the same error again. It must be a problem within JayArmA3Lib and ACRE then..

Maybe some other Admin with a running Sigcheck=2 ACRE Server can send me his working JayArmA3Lib and ACRE + Keys ?

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Update 2:

Fixed JayArma3Lib; Wrong bisigns in place... Added the ones from ArmA 2 ;-)

Now ACRE is the only Mod that doesn´t want to work out. I did add the Bisigns from ArmA 2 and well, Server shows up green and it nearly worked!

Only 2 Pbo´s have wrong signatures now:

12:58:49 Player Hammer: Wrong signature for file D:\Software\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ACRE\addons\acre_api.pbo

12:58:49 Player Hammer: Wrong signature for file D:\Software\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ACRE\addons\acre_arma2.pbo

I´m not sure what else I can do now

Did you get this sorted out? I could send you the versions I have as well as the .bikey files

Did you get this sorted out? I could send you the versions I have as well as the .bikey files

No, Sadly not! It appears that the ACRE Mod uses some UO-Bisign, so I guess it´s using a United Operations.bikey aswell?

I DO have acre.bikey and acre2.bikey already but it does not work out, since there are no bisigns for that :O

It would be awesome if you could send me over the stuff! Is it working with verifySignatures=2 ?

PM me the link please!

Savage, I have had this same trouble and posted about it in the ACRE thread some time ago. If you run with verifySignatures=2, and dont have connection issues, please share some more as I would like to fix this as well.

Will try your Addons today, but on the first look they seem to equal mine what I have. what Jayarmalib.bikey are you putting into the Key folder? The one in the ACRE folder or in the JayArmA3Lib folder?

the server I look after has checkfiles turned off... maybe grad a clean config that works and give it a go. T

Sorry guys we were running without sig checks.. .I had forgotten this was before the dedi files and when there was huge desync on connecting and we had to turn of verifysignatures to allow players to join. Sorry to get your hopes up :(

Got it fixed. Sorry for posting the link!

Topic can be locked though...

ACRE related questions belong in the ACRE thread.

Do not re-release other peoples work without their permission, just cause you got serverkey working does not mean you can release your version to the public here. I have removed the post with those links. Topic locked.