Sign in to follow this  
ataboo

ataboo's XM-25 Airbursting Grenade Launcher (ATA_xm25)

;2492370']Hi Elena! Definitely it still works' date=' but as you may know, the reticule only shows up if you´re playing a mission with this code on init.sqf

null = execVM "\ATA_xm25\scripts\ATA_Hud_Start.sqf"; 

[/quote']

Thank you for the Information. Yep, i know that i need this init-Code, i even have got a quite old mission still floating around which had a XM-25 loadout and the working .init - Sadly, it doesn't work anymore since the early aplha change of ifrits' classnames, so i guess i'm gonna port this mission over to beta/devbranch soon-ish. Again, thanks for the info, glad it still works - bt i remember in Alpha, there was at least an animation played to relaod it, even though it was the standart rifle reload anim.

Hey Elema, you can use the Alpha to Beta tool to convert your old mission without any other hasle... looking forward to play it (plz post it here, as well on workshop) =)

Sorry guys I've been busy with work over the summer. I'll take another look finishing this off after release if I get some time this fall.

Sorry guys I've been busy with work over the summer. I'll take another look finishing this off after release if I get some time this fall.

Thanks a lot Ataboo, just take your time, good to know you´re still going to update it, no matter when ;)

BTW, when you get back to it, please, don´t forget to include an ammobox =)

cheers!

I absolutely love this mod. I just have one issue. The animations don't work; if anyone could provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated :)

I absolutely love this mod. I just have one issue. The animations don't work; if anyone could provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated :)

just to clarify whats going on, I have had a chance to look through the pbo files to do with this mod and it appears that BI changed the naming of certain pbo's when transitioning between alpha & full release, that this mod references for the animations and sounds. I'm sure that Ataboo is aware of this and working on it.

Ataboo, I pm'd you a few weeks ago regarding this mod but had no reply, possibly because your busy elseware at present. I would like the oppertunity to discuss a few things with you if poss at some point regarding a mod I am currently working on.

Regards,

is there any updates to this mod I love it and was using it in my own game but I can only get to the gun by using Virtual TrainingSpace 4.0 - A3 and buying it through there would love to add it VAS or get it in the game some how?

is there any updates to this mod I love it and was using it in my own game but I can only get to the gun by using Virtual TrainingSpace 4.0 - A3 and buying it through there would love to add it VAS or get it in the game some how?

If you have it in the game, VAS will show it. IIRC it works with mods.

If you have it in the game, VAS will show it. IIRC it works with mods.

Although to get the guns sights fully working properly you'll need to add a few lines into your init.sqf as in the readme's and original first post.

ok thank you for the help but I had one more problem I added it the the game and dont know where to start by: "add "null = execVM "\ATA_xm25\scripts\ATA_Hud_Start.sqf";" to init in mission to make the airburst/scope work.

Set Interface Size to Large in Video Options" part. Am I adding it to the mission or another type of file? Yeah I am confused because I am new to adding weapons to the game and this is the first weapon that I wanted to put inside my game.

A few people have contacted me wanting to update/work with the XM-25 project and sorry again for not checking in sooner.

Here's a DropBox dump of my XM-25 assets and working directories: XM_25_Shared.zip (~122MB)

Anybody's free to use them as long as it stays free.

Sorry that it's a bit of a mess, but it was one of my first projects. Also it was made for the ArmA 3 Alpha (BiTools 2) so could use some updating.

I don't check in on the forums very often (obviously haha) so the best place to reach me with questions is email.

ataboo

Thanks a lot Ataboo, I used your Xm25 a lot, till bootcamp dlc fubared all its sounds =P

Great to see you back!

cheers!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** The source files are available from our downloadpage seperatly!

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Would it be possible for you to make a sub mod with this, but one where we have air-bursting rounds for some of the vehicles. Like the 20mm gmg's and maybe like a 30 shot mag for the apc's. I mean it is the future and air-bursting rounds would be a useful thing for a armored vehicles that commonly engage infantry.