Sign in to follow this  
wildw1ng

[MP] conqu3st

Hey, our clan really likes your missions here and were wondering with the VAB is there a way for me to fit the =BTC= Revive with it?

Mostly just to respawn with our selected weapons...

If there is any way to do that alone i would greatly appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance!

hey, if you want to respawn with your selected gear just hit "load on respawn" button in the virtual ammo box

please provide also a normal download version usable for dedicated servers. thanks

;2487261']please provide also a normal download version usable for dedicated servers. thanks

What he said ^^^

its up, hf :)

* v1.52

- added new map "conqu3st - Kavala" (infantry only)

- minor changes in respawn scripts

- updated Virtual Ammobox System script to v1.8

- TAW View Distance script to v1.2

Awesome mission, very impressed! We're checking it out and running it on our dedicated server tonight: Crazy Papa's Battlefield-style Stratis Conquest - NJ/NY - Veteran

We've been running this for a few nights and have encountered 2 strange bugs each night.

Sometimes random players are showing up "purple" on the map and are unable to capture flags and get in vehicles with teammates. It's like they're on their own team but friendly players still see a marker on them.

We also sometimes get an error message that pops up when people load into the game but not every time.

hfLDzig.jpg

You stole my project name <3!! Now I have to change it when I port it over here! In any case, I had alot of fun earlier player your conquest. Was the most fun I've had in a while.

* v1.6

- updated Virtual Ammobox System script to v1.9

- fixed respawn script bug

- disabled ammobox simulation

- added tanks, artillery, support vehicles and cas drones to 'conqu3st - Stratis'

wildw1ng - http://www.icarma3.info uses your game mode as a base currently.

Just to let you know, if you want to join in or get their feedback. :)

Is there anyway to change the range that the flag can be captured from, per flag? I'm creating some custom map layouts and would like to change the distance that the flag can be captured from for a few flags.

Also is there a way to "randomize" the spawn locations when you spawn on a flag? Right now you just spawn directly on the flag pole and it's a very frustrating experience for users.

Is there anyway to change the range that the flag can be captured from, per flag?

Its a static variable, cant be changed for separate flags.

Also is there a way to "randomize" the spawn locations when you spawn on a flag? Right now you just spawn directly on the flag pole and it's a very frustrating experience for users.
You would be moving the player to a random location in a radius next to the flag after the respawns. Ill try to implement it in the next build.

Sometimes random players are showing up "purple" on the map and are unable to capture flags and get in vehicles with teammates. It's like they're on their own team but friendly players still see a marker on them.

We've kind of narrowed this one down and seems like it's part of Arma? Not sure if it can be disabled by the server or maybe something in the mission. Lets say an enemy is in a vehicle that was from your side, and you kill that enemy in your vehicle, you become purple and unassigned from your team, which is why they are unable to capture points or get in vehicles with friendlies. The only way to fix it is to respawn.

Renegade state? Make sure players stay positive all the time with addRating.

I was checking this out for one of my servers and its a awesome mission but we keep getting random "freezes" . It doesnt affect all players at once but tends to hit 1-2 at a time every 3-5 minutes.

Any idea what the issue is?

Fixed, I replaced the clean up scripts and it works fine now.

I was checking this out for one of my servers and its a awesome mission but we keep getting random "freezes" . It doesnt affect all players at once but tends to hit 1-2 at a time every 3-5 minutes.

Any idea what the issue is?

Fixed, I replaced the clean up scripts and it works fine now.

hey, what clean up script worked for you?

Any chance to add to the teams the Civilian Side? I have done modifications to the script but i get an error in the respawnflag.sqf.

"varyable not defined line 216" The hud don't appear.

if (_x getVariable "side" == civilian) then

{	

_marker = format ["respawn_civilianFlag%1", _forEachIndex];

_pos = getMarkerPos (_x getVariable "namemarker");

_marker setmarkerpos _pos;

_flagName = _x getVariable "name";

_marker setMarkerText _flagName;

_marker setMarkerType "mil_flag";

_marker setMarkerAlpha 0;
		} else {

_marker = format ["respawn_civilianFlag%1", _forEachIndex];

_marker setmarkerpos getMarkerPos "baseCivilian";