Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

WIP Sahrani Arma2 Port / Arma 1 Buildings Project

[uPDATES]

28 Jul 2013

Yowser... Bushlurker took some AMAZING shots of the project... I can see how his terrain's end up so nice.. he "has a good eye" without a doubt:

q77uOBUl.jpg

HoMpTlhl.jpg

5PicPEKl.jpg

agwRsaal.jpg

KGVvaifl.jpg

24 Jul 2013:

Latest build is 99pct done:

M1lkM8n has completed the object swap using Mikeros MoveObject and the Guidance of Bushlurker! Autumn tones will be color shifted, we just wanted to show off some the progress! (Updated 11 Jun 2013)

M1lkM8n maintaining a crazy pace, gotten all the texture errors sorted, believe all the roads are laid out, and he's now adjusted the color of the ocean, IMO it's about as perfect as it's going to get, the transition between clarity and light blue to deep blue are AMAZING.

Jammed into A3 for some Glamor Shots of those gorgeous textures

A0z5BQ6l.jpg

Cfm2W8Sl.jpg

More to Come!

++++

[ORIGINAL POST]

Greetings Armaverse!

We are a small dev team who are very happy to announce our first projects.

1. We will be (ARE) porting Sahrani to Arma 2

2. We will be (ARE) building interiors for many Arma 1 Buildings that are currently un-enterable

Goals:

1. Release a fully functioning 100pct pure copy of Sahrani for Arma 2 for everyone to enjoy!

- A2 veg/clutter

- A2 AI Pathing

- Num/Num coordinate system to replace A1 Alpha/Num coordinate system so Artillery computers function

2. Create a customized version Sahrani that is optimized for use in the mod DayZ

3. Open up (or fix previously open buildings/bridges with clipping/collision issues) as many Arma 1 buildings as possible

This is just a brief outline and introduction to the project. More details can be found HERE:

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=309

and HERE:

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=293

This project will be 100pct open and people interested are welcome to contribute, and anyone who wants to use any of the assets born of these projects are free to use them as they please!

There will be 2 separate threads created one for the Building Project, and one for the Map Project. This thread will serve as a discussion/suggestion/promotion thread.

We are VERY proud to have been given this opportunity and truly all of us appreciate that we are standing on the shoulders of GIANTS! There is no way any of us separately or together would have gotten this far if it was not for the amazing Arma platform we all love, the amazing Arma community that has provided such a great draw to the platform, and the dedicated Arma modders and addon makers that have shared so much of their work and knowledge.

VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Bohemia Interactive for their approval and providing source files! Thank You! Ivan, Ota, and Dwarden!!!!

@Caa1 and EVERYONE who contributed to that! Special thanks to .kju[PVPSCENE]

@CBA and EVERYONE who contributed to that! Special thanks to Sickboy!

The BIS Forum Moderators - Special Thanks to W0lle (you will be sorely missed, and your legacy will thrive here for years to come!)

THE COMMUNITY!!!! Thank you for existing and sharing your knowledge humor and assets!!!

Special thanks to Icewindo for allowing us use of his Sahrani Citizens!

Special thanks to Dean Hall and the DayZ Dev Team for drawing so many of us into this amazing game by way of your amazing mod

Our Team:

Lead Programmer - Seven

Lead Modeller - Shermanwtf

Lead Terrain - M1lkM8n

Lead Loud mouth - ME! (project coordinator (NonovUrbizniz/CiforDayZServer/DayZSahraniHelp)

Ex Members:

PepinKr - Thank you for all your work!

Advisors (without whom we again would be babes lost in the woods!):

.kju[PVPSCENE] - Your knowledge is only surpassed by your willingness to share it!

Bushlurker - Bushlurker? HOLY SH!T! has been the general response of the team!

Max Power

W0lle - I can't thank you enough for course correcting me on entry. I would have surely burned up in the atmosphere if it were not for your sage advice and no BS attitude!

Thanks to:

Iron_HFW of Clear Backblast

Please feel free to PM us or to join either of the groups we've started!

Edited by CiforDayZServer

Although I use Sahrani quite often in A2 and the ai are really good with most things, it would be nice for it to be 100%. The fact you are going to work on the buildings is great, the more enterable the better.

Good luck with your project and I look forward to following your progress.:).

Yeah the same here. Since I gonna be stuck with ArmA 2 until I loose interest this is some great news and a great project.

Keep it up.

Hey guys!

I just want to second what nonov said in the op. we are extremely excited to be givin this opportunity to take a legend and bring it into arma 2 and hopefully eventually arma 3.

We are going to work on replacing a1 veg with a2 veg.

The rocks will most likely get re-textured to a2 standards.

The sat and layer mask will most likey be upgraded to higher res and more varied terrain surfaces.

But what we really want to stress is that the utmost care will be taken with this project and placement and replacement of assets as the slightest thing misplaced could potentially ruin missions and such.

So stay tuned and well keep you updated as we progress :)

By "replacing a1 veg with a2 veg" I hope u don't mean to ruin that great vacation island feeling we got on Sahrani? I think autumn trees wouldn't nearly do it as our beloved palms we're used to :D

By "replacing a1 veg with a2 veg" I hope u don't mean to ruin that great vacation island feeling we got on Sahrani? I think autumn trees wouldn't nearly do it as our beloved palms we're used to :D

Ha yea, fear not. I mentioned that to the guys the other day. To keep it as original as possible we looking into retexturing those trees as well.

although I think Sahrani was a great map the buildings were crap.

In what sense? I personally think the architecture of Sahrani is far nicer than any other map I've played... it just lacks enter-able buildings which will be part of this project.

The buildings and even the vegetation on Sahrani is very well o.k, respecially the enhanced sarahni map that came with Queens Gambit...no real need to update anything, just port it over fully compatible. Sahrani and Chernarus are still the best maps in the whole series in my Opinon

I remembered I remodelled the medium sized apartment to be enterable, but think I deleted/lost it but I have a quick snoop around. Best of luck with this, Sahrani is by far my favourite map in nearly every game I've played.

The buildings and even the vegetation on Sahrani is very well o.k, respecially the enhanced sarahni map that came with Queens Gambit...no real need to update anything, just port it over fully compatible. Sahrani and Chernarus are still the best maps in the whole series in my Opinon

Bushlurker is advising M1lkM8n on all the map porting plans and process, so I'm pretty confident they have it well in hand. Spoke with M1lkM8n tonight and progress is coming along well. Faster than I was expecting for sure! The textures are not at all high resolution, yes it does look gorgeous, but it could look mystifying! We have our priorities set though, a "quick and dirty" one for one port will be released first! Then we will spend the time required making the textures higher res.

I remembered I remodelled the medium sized apartment to be enterable, but think I deleted/lost it but I have a quick snoop around. Best of luck with this, Sahrani is by far my favourite map in nearly every game I've played.

Certainly high on our list, let us know if you do find it!

+++

Glad to say Inlesco has also joined up and will be helping with the building project! Spoke with Sherman tonight as well, and after finishing a couple things for our DayZ Mod, he will go back to work on a couple of the buildings he's started on.

LASTLY.

We really really want to fix bridges, and some structures in both A1 and A2 that destroy/damage some vehicles. I've poked around the forums a little looking for answers, and I'd imagine it's a missing lod or config, or possibly even the objects components and seams... but haven't found a definitive answer...

If anyone knows for sure what the root cause of:

AI not pathing on A1 or A2 docks (Corazol northern retaining wall style docks with bollards)

Players being bounced/broken on A2 Docks (Chernogorsk with gantry's)

Vehicles being destroyed on Damns/Bridges (Prodeco Damn) (ATV over almost ANY bridge in Sahrani) (between Pushtoshka and Vybor)

We would love to know for sure, instead of digging around ourselves.

a) Missing/faulty AI pathway LOD probably.

b) and c) Missing/faulty geometry LOD probably.

ok all

here's some preliminary screen shots of the fully a2 sahrani.

much much more work needs to be done. don't worry its not autumn sahrani either, the trees need to be retextured.

http://i.imgur.com/JnUTRoQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LEhOFbP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OmCY4PH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tx6VOQA.jpg

Edited by M1lkm8n

I think its great what your trying to do here, only thing that might be a concern is the performance side.

With Sahrani there is pretty good performance, how will performance be, do you think, with the new sahrani, I know its early to tell probably, but any idea.:)

A few pics with counter to illustrate: (running a lot of mod/addons here too)

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/832/arma2oa2013060823131536.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/5456/arma2oa2013060823124162.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/174/arma2oa2013060823121317.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/4224/arma2oa2013060823110324.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/9596/arma2oa2013060823093328.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/4281/arma2oa2013060823084262.png

Well honestly it shouldn't really change all that much.

The most important factor I think in this case would be the height map and were not changing that for a2. Maybe when it comes time for a3 we might bring it to 4096x5 meter cells but for a2 it doesn't make sense to do that expecially with the 4096 bug in visitor.

So with the height map staying the same it's just textures and opening up some buildings.

Performance really should not be effected that much at all.

I'll take some fps screen shots for you :)

Edited by M1lkm8n

Well honestly it shouldn't really change all that much.

The most important factor I think in this case would be the height map and were not changing that for a2. Maybe when it comes time for a3 we might bring it to 4096x5 meter cells but for a2 it doesn't make sense to do that expecially with the 4096 bug in visitor.

So with the height map staying the same it's just textures and opening up some buildings.

Performance really should not be effected that much at all.

I'll take some fps screen shots for you :)

Thanks.:)

I can run some comparison tests too... right now I don't think it will matter much, once all the objects have higher resolution textures then it might start to have some effects... but with such a small total landmass and for sure fewer objects than a map like Chernarus, it should perform better than that for example... I'll do some testing in all 3 at 2 or 3 different resolutions, and a couple of different graphic settings.

Wow this sounds amazing! Thanks to all involved in advance. Cant wait to use an overhauled Sahrani, maybe we can revive some old ArmA 1 missions and finally make good use of project racs :)

Yeah nice work guys. I'm looking really forward to it. Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

Fantastic, a dream.

I've tried more than once to change the island replacing all vegetation (trees), but due to having to install the addons objects, I had to give up, since only the island of his heavy.

Sorry for the bad English.

Edited by Bestime

This is looking great guys, thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to the end result :D

Wow this sounds amazing! Thanks to all involved in advance. Cant wait to use an overhauled Sahrani, maybe we can revive some old ArmA 1 missions and finally make good use of project racs :)

Wld427 is one of the first guys I talked to on here! So he's well aware of the project and very excited as well! We're glad to give back to a community we've gotten so much out of!

M1lkm8n deserves ALL the credit on this one he's really been putting in the hours to get results cranking out.

JUST talked to him today again and looks like bridges are set, roads are just about done, which leaves rocks as the last object positions he needs to adjust.

It's Getting there! I'm about to go take a look at the latest version myself! Will post pics if I have some time

Na I pass it on to bushlurker and mikero. If it wasn't for those guys I'd be huddled in the corner crying.

If you guys redo the pub building in North Bagango I will love you forever. Many a night RPing an Irish pub owner on SLR-RPG there.