Sign in to follow this  
j0nes

AH-63 gunship (project "operation future point" kickoff )

Since A3 is set 22 years in the future and the improvements in military hardware since 1991 have been nothing short of incredible, we can safely expect the progress to be the same all the way to 2035.

I know the OFP puns have been done to death, but I still see it fitting to call this mod series "Operation Future Point".

some of the projects on the list are:

AC-130X (see this thread in A2 OA: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154667-Ac-130x-(wip)&p=2394760#post2394760)

AH-93 Gunship:

post-814-0-75384800-1368469767_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-76155000-1368469768_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-02817200-1368469770_thumb.jpg

MKII submarines: (pictures forthcoming)

the VTOL series:

HTAC (heavy transport attack carrier): (pictures forthcoming)

LTAC (light transport attack carrier): (pictures forthcoming)

and any other vehicles myself or the community can think up.

This project may include some weapons, but I know there are people out there who are better than me in that and the character creation area, so Ill leave that to them :)

now back to the AH93 progress report:

-model working in game

-flight model complete

-weapons in progress

-untextured

-custom animations in progress

some intial flight testing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaHPTsvTan4

Awesome. Just one thing. Why AH? Why not KA-93? Looks more like a Russian helicopter rather than an American AH-designated helicopter.

its funny you should say that....the front half is an MI28, the back half is a KA52 (with modifications of course). I think the real reason is Opfor already has a decent attack chopper and Blu just has a littlebird? but I may make 2 versions. one with the current structure and one with more the nose of an apache.

as for a transport version, this one takes another cue from the MI 28 in that aside from the pilot and gunner there are three seats internally. though the L and H TACs will have waaaay more seating, imagine a huge osprey with magnetic clamp/claw things for carrying light armor, like the drop ships from starwars:

http://spaceships.30doradus.org/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=452&g2_serialNumber=2 (418 kB)

sooooo.... remember when I said

imagine a huge osprey with magnetic clamp/claw things for carrying light armor

It should read "imagine a VTOL C5 Galaxy with magnetic clamp claw things for lifting whatever the hell it wants"

pretty cool concept and idea jones!

Would be even better if this wouldn't be based on CMA Mi-28, but rather on a your very on creative concept. ;)

If this is indeed based on the mlods from CMA then I think the attribution/non-commercial/share-alike license requires you to post the credits that accompany the files.

very well done jOnes... the rotor animations are well done.

I build and fly tricopter RC models if I can help at all.

thanks for this very cool mod!

Jeff

This reminds a Orca vtol from C&C :D

It does look like a Orca. Can we see the AH-93 in a yellow colour scheme :D

Would be even better if this wouldn't be based on CMA Mi-28, but rather on a your very on creative concept.

my first thought too. like it is now it has some kind of steam punkish mad maxian feel to it. like someone welded those rotors on an old chopper.

still very nice though.

my first thought too. like it is now it has some kind of steam punkish mad maxian feel to it. like someone welded those rotors on an old chopper.
Hey, maybe it got procured despite a politician pointing that out. :p Still, a cool "future warfare" concept even if the interior reminds me of the AH-64 just based on the sheer amount of "I can't see, the airframe is in the way!"

Sounds are done too. Just some tweaking here and there and you are good to go. Sent you the first package, J0nes ;)

LJ

@Max Power

The MLODs are not from CMA, all my own creation :) Im very good about making sure credit is given where its due.

The only parts I used that were premade was the tail from the KA-50 out of the ArmA sample vehicles and weapons release from BI.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Also: the point of this project is to be reasonable with the advancements, so

like someone welded those rotors on an old chopper
is exactly what I was going for! Its not so much a sci-fi mod as it is just advanced technologies.

Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Nice, really nice work! I feel tempted to suggest you should consider a naval variant. By which I mean a tilting or sliding mechanism for 'stowing' the rotor hubs for parking it on a carrier. Like naval aviation folding wings and rotors. I don't imagine it would be a ridiculous amount of work, but I wouldn't know much about it. :)

Since the only thing I know about is repainting, I'll ask: Do you plan on hiddenselections to enable repaints? :)

how did you know! I already have the wings capable of being folded :) and yes ALL of my vehicle models will have hidden selections as well as wireframe templates for you to retexture. Ill try to do desert, woodland, snow, and grey (see ah1 or c130J) as included camos for all models as well except the submarines obviously