Sign in to follow this  
slatosniper

Problem with custom Flag Texture!

Hi all!

I've been starting to create a little map for myself and a few friends but have encountered a very strange problem. I have several flag poles around the map and have assigned a custom flag image to them using "this setFlagTexture "flags\myflag.jpg". It works for me when I preview it in the Editor but when I save it and try and run it for my friends they ALL get "Cannot load texture ...flags\myflag.jpg". When I am in the multiplayer map with them I get no such error and can see it fine. I have tried using 256x256 and 256x128 and both have no luck, it still gives my mates the error. Before anyone asks, yes I have googled the question and tried some solutions people have found but I believe they all relate to the map maker not being able to see his flag in the first instance, not the end user.

I have had one of my friends extract the .pbo file for the mission and he can confirm that the flag texture is there.

I am using other custom textures for some signs around the area and they work for both myself and my friends.

Let me reiterate it again. I can see the flag fine in the Editor and the Multiplayer session fine. The problem is my mates getting the error and no flag showing up.

Any help would really be appreciated fellas, this is the last thing I have to do before it looks like a map fit for a king and its been rattling my brain all week.

maybe they cannot load it in time. delay the command to check

instead of

this setFlagTexture "flags\myflag.jpg"

put

null = this spawn {sleep 3; _this setFlagTexture "flags\myflag.jpg"}

maybe they cannot load it in time. delay the command to check

instead of

this setFlagTexture "flags\myflag.jpg"

put

null = this spawn {sleep 3; _this setFlagTexture "flags\myflag.jpg"}

Just gave it a go with a friend. It did indeed sleep for 3 but the error still came up.

I am using the object Flag (US Army) if that helps at all.

Edited by SlatoSniper

Can you upload the .pbo? Sounds like a filepath issue to me.

I gave it a go with your .paa file but it still doesn't work. I am really puzzled.

Works fine on my dedi server. Did you edit your flag object init lines? They should now read:

this setFlagTexture "flags\ausflag.paa"

I've also tried using a dedicated server and it works, for me only. Try hosting your server again and getting a friend to join and see if they have the same problem.

I've also tried using a dedicated server and it works, for me only. Try hosting your server again and getting a friend to join and see if they have the same problem.

I have a true dedi server - separate box on a separate network.

Did you edit those init lines?