Sign in to follow this  
bluedrake42

Stop f&*#ing up the control schemes

Given BI's focus on consistency of experience this time around, I'm sure they'd want to hear about this controls problem if they aren't already aware of it. I think they could do without the rage, though.

Feel free to post a rage-free bug report on the feedback tracker.

http://feedback.arma3.com/

If you lack the mental capacity to understand what an alpha development stage is and you ignore all the warnings about the game being still in development, you shouldn't play an alpha.

If you want to voice your opinion you should politely file a ticket in the feedback tracker.

And if you think the game hasn't undergone any changes in the last 10 years, you can keep playing OPF, nobody forced you to buy the game while it's in alpha.

Given BI's focus on consistency of experience this time around, I'm sure they'd want to hear about this controls problem if they aren't already aware of it. I think they could do without the rage, though.

Feel free to post a rage-free bug report on the feedback tracker.

http://feedback.arma3.com/

I will, thanks.

If you lack the mental capacity to understand what an alpha development stage is and you ignore all the warnings about the game being still in development, you shouldn't play an alpha.

If you want to voice your opinion you should politely file a ticket in the feedback tracker.

And if you think the game hasn't undergone any changes in the last 10 years, you can keep playing OPF, nobody forced you to buy the game while it's in alpha.

I do still play OFP. More than ArmA. Because its still better.

Nobody forced you to reply to my thread, but you did that too.

You might also want to check if someone else has already produced a similar ticket, and just upvote that if it's close enough to what you're looking to have resolved; PurePassion's already going to be making one.

Yeah that's definitely not how it should be and the whole "still aiming when doing everything" issue has to have its own ticket... (which I will create later)
You beat me to it.

I can confirm this, pressing the right mouse button to bring up the sights when walking in tactical pace now actually increases your running speed.

From a dev:
Thank you for your feedback. This problem has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Just under 4p per day, well in UK that is, over 10yrs.. For that cost, $200, good value I’d say..

But I know its easy to get mad at it, just do what I do, test in A3 and play proper in A2, well until things settle down.;).

this thread is hilarious. :rotfl:

i'm a bit worried though. you seem to be a bit overly emotional. it's just a game you know? you're either playing too much or have a general problem with your anger. everything fine at home pal?

Just under 4p per day, well in UK that is, over 10yrs.. For that cost, $200, good value I’d say..

But I know its easy to get mad at it, just do what I do, test in A3 and play proper in A2, well until things settle down.;).

unfortunately I don't like arma 2 either

tbh I don't know why I keep buying these

I play OFP, and keep hoping the next arma will return to its roots

but it never does.

I want a better control scheme, tank and light tank interiors, 3D scopes, a less crap interaction menu, and better AI.

I've been waiting, paying, and posting about these things for 7 years. And it never happened, and probably never will.

At least OFP has the first two... and tbh for whatever reason I prefer the OFP menu to the new one too.

I'm sorry but the only thing we've ever gotten in ArmA sequels are better graphics. and I could give less of a s#*t about that.

Project Reality for ArmA II was headed in the right direction, but it never got polished enough to really prove itself.

Right now my favorite tactical games are Project Reality for BF2, Digital Combat Simulator, and Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis (with FFUR)

Seriously... play Cold War Crisis. I'm not exaggerating. The ONLY difference between it and ArmA/ArmA II are the graphics.

Its frustrating, when you know there's only a few little things, no more than a few weeks of work, that could be changed that would make this game the most mind blowing military simulator on the market.

But instead for the past 10 years, all we've gotten is the same thing, wrapped in a different package.

I really wish codemasters and bohemia stayed together... because dragon rising had the polish, tuning, and accessibility arma lacks, and arma has the depth, mod support, and authenticity that dragon rising lacks.

I really hope you all are right, and ArmA III finally turns into something professional, bug-free, and immersive.

But right now its looking to be just as disappointing as all the other ArmA titles I waited so patiently for.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

this thread is hilarious. :rotfl:

i'm a bit worried though. you seem to be a bit overly emotional. it's just a game you know? you're either playing too much or have a general problem with your anger. everything fine at home pal?

I'm emotional because I want to play the game I want to play before I die.

And right now that game doesn't exist.

And ArmA (and project reality) is probably the closest thing to it, but its no closer now than it was 10 years ago.

and I don't exactly want the Matrix here either, or some absurdly complex game

If I could go back in time I'd become a programmer and finally make the game I want.

Maybe I'll get super famous on youtube and start my own game company.

pretty doubtful though.

maybe Project Reality 2... but tbh that game is decades away as well.

PR:A3 is probably gonna be amazing.I found this video of a map they are making for it and OMG its BRILLIANT and I'm not British!!Just watch it and be amazed at the beauty and immersion it will bring.

I'm sorry but have you played OFP with FFUR 2008? The AI is better than ArmA III. Hands Down.

Unfortunately that mod isn't multiplayer compatible, but the other one is, and the AI is still probably better than ArmA III

You might also want to check if someone else has already produced a similar ticket, and just upvote that if it's close enough to what you're looking to have resolved; PurePassion's already going to be making one.

Here it is :)

Okay, this thread is turning into a generic rant thread. I think we have the information we need: There is a tracker for feedback, and a ticket we can vote up. Further tickets can be searched on the feedback tracker, made if they don't already exist, and threads created for individual issues if they are a productive topic of conversation.

On the topic of the thread title, the game is in development so by definition things will be changed, tweaked, altered, added, deleted, broken, and fixed. Feedback is welcome but there is no need for vitriol.

If we have anything else productive to say about the controls, let's do that.

I'm sorry but have you played OFP with FFUR 2008? The AI is better than ArmA III. Hands Down.

Unfortunately that mod isn't multiplayer compatible, but the other one is, and the AI is still probably better than ArmA III

Yes I've use FFUR, SLX, WGL etc.. Ive played them all. Theres one simple reason why AI back then can't compare to Arma 2 (Ill admit Arma 3 still needs some major tweaking) -AI couldn't use cover back then. They hadn't implemented micropathfindingTM until Arma2 -so the Ai previous to that couldn't discern objects and distance in the inches but were stuck guessing in the meters. That's a huge deal and the reason why OFP AI simply lay prone so often to return fire.

Ive got a pic some where laying around of 25+ AI in Zargabad literally squared off in a 50m radius from each other and about 90% of them are leaning out from something or even using the holes under the fence. OFP Ai taking cover was all happenchance.

And don't even get me started on their total inability to enter a house, the glitchy stairs, walls......................

Edit: Woops^^^. Ok Im done here :)

Here it is :)

uh... thats not the thing

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yes I've use FFUR, SLX, WGL etc.. Ive played them all. Theres one simple reason why AI back then can't compare to Arma 2 (Ill admit Arma 3 still needs some major tweaking) -AI couldn't use cover back then. They hadn't implemented micropathfindingTM until Arma2 -so the Ai previous to that couldn't discern objects and distance in the inches but were stuck guessing in the meters. That's a huge deal and the reason why OFP AI simply lay prone so often to return fire.

Ive got a pic some where laying around of 25+ AI in Zargabad literally squared off in a 50m radius from each other and about 90% of them are leaning out from something or even using the holes under the fence. OFP Ai taking cover was all happenchance.

And don't even get me started on their total inability to enter a house, the glitchy stairs, walls......................

Okay granted thats true, but they were still able to use suppressing fire and aquire targets in a more realistic manner than what we have in ArmA III

In short, they were more fun to actually fight against than the AI in ArmA III right now. Right now I can run up on AI in ArmA III in urban places, and they don't even look in my direction

Also they can't see barely any enemy infantry beyond like... 50 meters.

That's your original post

Now when I right click, whenever I move I go out of ironsights... and I don't feel like having to switch back into combat pace to use it... I used to be able to jerry-rig the system into a semi-decent setup. now thats all out the window

I'm tired of pressing 50 billion keys to go through 50 billion different walking/running stances, that all have inconsistent handling of looking through the sights

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHEIVE!?

Being thrown out of the combat stance while aiming down is exactly part of this experimental system which should be changed.

... then go make the ticket and report the problem that you're having, since it's not what PurePassion reported?

The thing is:

The game is the same with better graphics, yet it changed too much without changing anything. What you guys ddin't get?

I think we should probably stick to the controls topic, or move on to a different thread. I would regret to have to enforce the spam rule... well, maybe a little.

Okay granted thats true, but they were still able to use suppressing fire and aquire targets in a more realistic manner than what we have in ArmA III

In short, they were more fun to actually fight against than the AI in ArmA III right now. Right now I can run up on AI in ArmA III in urban places, and they don't even look in my direction

Also they can't see barely any enemy infantry beyond like... 50 meters.

Does A2 not exist in your world? ASR AI with TPWCAS is brain-f***-ingly good. Flanking, pie-ing corners, suppression...and fully configurable.

edit - please don't tase me, Max

I can offer no more in thread warnings. All further interventions will be administrative.

Please add to the same ticket changing the weapon stance or character stance after checking the map. That's equally annoying.

Please add to the same ticket changing the weapon stance or character stance after checking the map. That's equally annoying.

You mean this?

Indeed, thanks.

What is killing me is the going crouched when the angle you are prone on increases.I was fighting over a ridge and everytime I crawled to top to get a shot I suddenly stood up into crouch stance.And then here I am getting shot at and I cant go prone unless I walk 2 feet backwards.Now that was and is clunky but oh well.:rolleyes:

I posted a ticket about it also but that was shot down.