Sign in to follow this  
kernriver

AT soldiers animations: odd behaviour

Althought I posted this in another thread, I feel it deserves it's own thread since the problem exists for a very long time now in Arma games.

I've fiddled a little with AT soldiers (Bluefor and Opfor) and found some odd behaviour regarding animations.

Stand up position

1. When you equip a soldier with AT weapon, you can't crouch.

2. Equip your soldier with AT weapon. If you hit prone key, soldier puts AT weapon on his back, equippes the rifle and remains standing.

3. Equip your soldier with AT weapon. Use binoculars. Sodier puts AT weapon on his back and looks through binoculars. When you unequip binoculars, soldier puts it in a pouch, equips AT weapon, then puts AT weapon on his back and finally equips the rifle.

Crouched position

1. When you equip a soldier with AT weapon, you can stand up. Of course, you can't crouch again.

2. Equip your soldier with AT weapon. If you hit prone key, soldier puts AT weapon on his back, equippes the rifle and remains crouching.

3. Equip your soldier with AT weapon. Use binoculars. Soldier reaches for binoculars with his left hand, while holding AT weapon with his right hand on his right shoulder, which I think is great. But when you unequip binoculars, soldier puts it in a pouch, puts AT weapon on his back, and equipes the rifle.

Prone position

1. When you're prone, try to equip your soldier with AT weapon. He stands up and equips it.

2. Binoculars work fine, but animations are like 2 times faster, it's like watching a silent movie.

Inventory

Go to crouched position, equip AT weapon. Go to inventory. Exit inventory. First tap run key once. (mine is RMB) Start running. For approx. 5 seconds soldier is sliding on the ground, there is no running animation. If you dont tap run key, but hold it down instead, animation is fine.

This happenes on both non-developer and developer branch.

Feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8298

Agree, plus sometimes I find myself getting up in the enemy line of fire after some movement behind a rock or in slope....

totally agree, i can't understand how these things are still present! weren't they focusing on infantry?

I hate to say it but the 'clunky-ness' is still present with certain movements including this very issue with the AT. Try reloading and moving (even slowly) impossible!! How about the ability to cancel out of an animation - impossible. If I had a dollar for every time I had been killed while shouldering my AT because I could not move, I would be a wealthy man, lol But.......I do know its an Alpha and its the Dev build ;)

Hope springs eternal!!

I have post some video in the feedback

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8298

Standup with nlaw+key shift & W+key X=change to primary (appear sometime)

Some time you just have to go crouch or stand up with nlaw to change weapon alone (end of the video)

Standup with Sec_weapon change to nlaw and press key X=change to primary (appear always)

Prone and Take an Nlaw in inventory=standup (appear always)

Fire nlaw and key Z=change to primary (fixed on the ground)

Standup with nlaw and just press key V=Little animation bug

Standup with nlaw and just press key B and key X=Little animation bug and change to primary

Standup with nlaw and just press key Z=change to primary

Prone and take Binocular+key X+key X+key X=change to primary and binocular for heach positions

key shift & W -> fast forward

key W -> forward

key x -> standup to crouch and crouch to standup

key Z -> to prone

key B -> Binocular

I notice that sometime when you take an nlaw in the inventory it appear on your character with a nlaw missile and sometime without.

Edited by gonza

1.) ArmA3 Standup+W+W+X=change to primary

2.) Arma3 change weapon alone

3.) Standup with Sec_weapon change to nlaw and press key X=change to primary

4.) ArmA3 Prone and Take an Nlaw in inventory=standup

5.) ArmA3 Fire nlaw and key Z

6.) ArmA3 Standup with nlaw and just press key V

7.) ArmA3 Standup with nlaw and just press key B and key X

8.) ArmA3 Standup with nlaw and just press key Z

9.) ArmA3 Prone and take Binocular+key X+key X+key X=change to primary and binocular for heach positions

The standard keyboard shortcuts do not work as expected. This is a bug for sure. But I can't confirm the bugs, because your shortcuts do not match exactly to mine. But probably others can reproduce the errors.

This arrangement of At-animations is for 10 years a chain of temporary solutions and can not be solved in 6 postings.

I would like to know more about it, but have to know first, what is expected in each situation.

3.) The pistol (secondary weapon) was accidently invoked because there is a glitch in the menus. When you watch the movie in slowmotion, you can clearly see that the cursor slipped to the "P07 9 mm"-menuitem. This is a known bug since ages.

I would like to see that all weapons, let it be AT-launcher, binoculars, M203, pistol, handgrenade, smokegrenade, satchel or whatever can be free configurable in the shortcut-dialog. So, when you have choosen a shortcut for the pistol, the item "P07 9 mm" will no longer appear in the standard-menu. It's just a suggestion...

4.) So you are missing a prone loading animation for the AT-launcher?

9.) So what's the point here? You are in the prown position, using the binoculars. Then you invoke the crouched position, and the avatar don't go directly to the new stance, but changes to the rifle?

3.) The pistol (secondary weapon) was accidently invoked because there is a glitch in the menus. When you watch the movie in slowmotion, you can clearly see that the cursor slipped to the "P07 9 mm"-menuitem. This is a known bug since ages.

I take the pistol in the menu and I take the nlaw after that I go to crouch position and the weapon change alone from nlaw to primary

4.) So you are missing a prone loading animation for the AT-launcher?

Yes why not, the character go to stand up alone (really dangerous on the battlefield)

or tell to player that is not possible to take an nlaw in prone position.

for me your character must never changer position alone.

9.) So what's the point here? You are in the prown position, using the binoculars. Then you invoke the crouched position, and the avatar don't go directly to the new stance, but changes to the rifle?

yes

Yes unfortunately the AT animation when coupled with Bino's is horrendous - it is literally game breaking. Play DayZ again and getting killed because when I wake up after getting hit by a zombie takes me through a string of animations you are stuck in.

It's really about time the animations got fixed and if the current engine can't do it, make a new one from all the sales you made off dayz mod.