Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

Private Military Contractors [W.I.P]

Hi sorry for the delay. Had to take some time out from modding, it was taking up too much time. Ill be back at it shortly. Expect a release in the next week most likely. In the mean time, here's something to keep you going http://www.pgservices.herobo.com/

i really appreciate the work and time you are putting into your mod mate. that's what this community needs imo. keep up the good work bud :) i didn't mean any pressure by asking a release date btw. just wondered about whats happening :) thanks for the new info :)

i really appreciate the work and time you are putting into your mod mate. that's what this community needs imo. keep up the good work bud :) i didn't mean any pressure by asking a release date btw. just wondered about whats happening :) thanks for the new info :)

No pressure at all, I appreciate your keen interest. Keeps me motivated :) The good news is that I've sorted out the issues that were taking a while to resolve, so now I just need to tie up a few loose ends and clean up some code. Should be on track for a release at the end of this week

Edited by pomigit

This looks awesome. I can't wait to try it out. As you can see by my post count I'm very new to the forums and relatively new to the ArmA series. Just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the work the community does to help make this game even better.

No pressure at all, I appreciate your keen interest. Keeps me motivated :) The good news is that I've sorted out the issues that were taking a while to resolve, so now I just need to tie up a few loose ends and clean up some code. Should be on track for a release at the end of this week

The sad moment when I realised it's monday. I'm really excited about the realease. These guys look awesome.

Maybe you can tease us with some nice screenshots? :)

Nice stuff!

I actually started working on my own PMC addon, and was a little dismayed when I saw the great job you're doing here! Even the weapons used are almost the same!

It's made me take a less generic route as you usually see with PMCs (just random guys with military gear) and go for for a more directed rip-off approach of some PMCs from other game (uniforms, branding and whatnot).

Anyway, just thought I'd tip my hat to your lovely work, looking forward to seeing more!

I really like how these guys look! Is it possible to tone down the really shiny knee pads though?

I think you could give them a hunter or the badass green truck that I don't remember the name of. The green helicopter and the Ka-60 are also both good for bigger helo's. I think the opfor one is black.

I like the HAMF weapons a lot as well, though I have seen some AK packs which would also be cool, maybe the RH PDW for the bodyguards or RH's mk18's and also the benelli from that hk430 back or the KSG's? The new skorpion and the kriss vector vanilla guns are also nice.

Vanilla gun's are seriously lacking, though I guess people can just equip them with whatever they'd like anyways. Which is why you don't have to listen to me :D

I'm really excited about the realease. These guys look awesome.

Maybe you can tease us with some nice screenshots? :)

Thanks man, I could do more teasers but it will be out hopefully by this weekend so no need. There will be a few extra surprises for people. The mod's changed a bit since the first pictures I released. Fair bit of refinement (im a perfectionist), some things removed and even some new items not seen in any of my previous screenshots.

Nice stuff!

I actually started working on my own PMC addon, and was a little dismayed when I saw the great job you're doing here! Even the weapons used are almost the same!

Thanks for the compliment, appreciated. Certainly don't give up on your mod, there's plenty of room for different PMC mods, after all there's certainly more than one Private Military Company in real life! Good luck with it :)

It's made me take a less generic route as you usually see with PMCs (just random guys with military gear) and go for for a more directed rip-off approach of some PMCs from other game (uniforms, branding and whatnot).

Cool, have a look on the forum for other PMC mods people are doing, AlexVestin for instance is doing a nice Metal Gear Solid PMC mod

I really like how these guys look! Is it possible to tone down the really shiny knee pads though?

Yes its possible and I agree they are a little too shiny, but its a hassle to do. In the scheme of things its a minor issue and not on my radar.

I think you could give them a hunter or the badass green truck that I don't remember the name of.

The first release will not have any road vehicles as part of the mod. Mainly because I am aiming to offer people something different. I'll hold back until something i'm happy with comes up. In the mean time, people can use whatever they want. Easy enough to drop an empty vehicle on the map and add units.

The green helicopter and the Ka-60 are also both good for bigger helo's. I think the opfor one is black.

Aside from the MH-9 retexture I've done, I have no plans to use any other helicopter with the mod.

I like the HAMF weapons a lot as well, though I have seen some AK packs which would also be cool, maybe the RH PDW for the bodyguards or RH's mk18's and also the benelli from that hk430 back or the KSG's? The new skorpion and the kriss vector vanilla guns are also nice.

I've trialed a few weapon mods and there's some really decent ones out there. But I've decided to go with vanilla weapons for now. I will though be including the black MX I did as a primary weapon used by PG Services.

Edited by pomigit

These units look really great. Keep up the good work. I think that they would all look much better though without the default pants that come with Arma 3. I think the jeans and such look much better and match their attire more than anything. Either way you do it, looks promising and something to look forward to.

I'm hoping your final touches didn't give you problems for the release!

yes unfortunately I hit a couple snags on the weekend which took up a lot of time to resolve. Back on track now but looking like the release will be mid to late this week. All the better for it though :)

Edited by pomigit

I'd be mad if I didn't know that every delay just means a better mod.

yes unfortunately I hit a couple snags on the weekend which took up a lot of time to resolve. Back on track now but looking like the release will be mid to late this week. All the better for it though :)

It's the end of the week! I can't wait any longer, any news?

im sure that he's working to make the mod flawless or close to that :) if he needs time that means he needs time. leave the man alone :)

It's the end of the week! I can't wait any longer, any news?

- First post

- Telling him it's end of the week and demanding he needs it now

I'm sure if you do pomigits house work and job work he has more time to work on the mod. go ahead.

Yup, to maintain feedback centralized and organized, please continue any discussion or suggestions in the release thread listed above :)