Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

Private Military Contractors [W.I.P]

Loving the MX re-texture! As a suggestion, maybe instead of going with the usual Hunter re-texture, could you do a Black Ifrit? That would look amazing with your PMC units, and you would be the first to do it! Thank you for taking your time and making this mod great!

Decided to do an MX retexture for this mod. Im finding the reflections on the MX a little too intense which is washing out the colours. Having problems trying to change the properties to reduce it.

Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/MPKntM1.jpg

Looks great!

Decided to do an MX retexture for this mod. Im finding the reflections on the MX a little too intense which is washing out the colours. Having problems trying to change the properties to reduce it.

Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/MPKntM1.jpg

Doesn't even look like a video game, it looks real! It's mind blowing how far we've come from the OFP days. :)

Loving the MX re-texture! As a suggestion, maybe instead of going with the usual Hunter re-texture, could you do a Black Ifrit? That would look amazing with your PMC units, and you would be the first to do it! Thank you for taking your time and making this mod great!

Sadly the Ifrit hidden selections are not working right now. So no retextures are possible right now :( Maybe in the Beta phase of A3.

@pomigit:

The rifle looks great :)

Legislator;2416073']Sadly the Ifrit hidden selections are not working right now. So no retextures are possible right now :( Maybe in the Beta phase of A3.

Aw no, that's why no one has done it. Thank you for the info, and I really hope they give out the selections during the beta.

Legislator;2416073']Sadly the Ifrit hidden selections are not working right now. So no retextures are possible right now :( Maybe in the Beta phase of A3.

@pomigit:

The rifle looks great :)

Thanks mate, ive noticed hiddenselections is a little buggy, its not working consistently for all items that's for sure. I haven't tried retexturing an ifrit but if hiddenselections doesnt work you can just create a copy of the ifrit model and edit the p3d texture paths using a hex editor.

Either way im not currently planning on using the hunter or ifrit for this mod. I've got my fingers crossed for some sort of SUV and or MRAP being added at some point. It would be nice to include a car of some sort in the initial release but I wont hold it back if nothing suitable comes up.

Actually, the "Hunter" is a MRAP. But either way, I would love to see a SUV model come out and be implemented into A3. Thanks again!

Actually, the "Hunter" is a MRAP.

yes that is true. I adjust my statement to "other than the hunter and ifrit" :)

Thanks mate, ive noticed hiddenselections is a little buggy, its not working consistently for all items that's for sure. I haven't tried retexturing an ifrit but if hiddenselections doesnt work you can just create a copy of the ifrit model and edit the p3d texture paths using a hex editor.

I doubt this will be legal as I remember discussions about this in the past. The Ifrit hidden selections are referring to a place holder right now so chances are good that they'll be finished in the future. I'm eager for a black Ion Inc. Ifrit :D

Legislator;2416337']I doubt this will be legal as I remember discussions about this in the past.

There is a sticky post from DnA about permissions for forward porting content from Arma 1 or Arma 2 (see here) but nothing taking content from Arma 3 and redistributing within Arma 3. I thought this was ok. I'll try find out. Unless someone can point me in the right direction?

I hope this is right because I had to do this with the MX as there are no hiddenseletions with weapons.

Edited by pomigit

looks really nice. specifically the clothing look i like. :)

hex editing is a form of reverse engineering, which is forbiden by the signed EULA. just because bi has blind eye for it doesn't mean it is in accordance with their agreement.

hex editing is a form of reverse engineering, which is forbiden by the signed EULA. just because bi has blind eye for it doesn't mean it is in accordance with their agreement.

Thanks for your input PuFu. Ultimately I want to ensure I do the right thing and if I have to get rid of the MX retexture so be it :(. I've actually been in contact with BI (DnA to be specific) who has indicated its not quite as black and white as that, its a bit of a grey area and there is no blanket answer. The issue is more broadly about preventing the distribution of content to people who do not own a copy of ArmA 3.

I'm currently seeking further clarification and will let everyone know the outcome once I know.

Edited by pomigit

ah man that's sad :( Let's hope they'll include more hidden selections in the future. HS is a very good thing which put me deeper into modding.

Good news folks. I have the go ahead from DnA to include my retextured MX in the mod :D

Important note:

I have been given approval because I respected the rules and because the MX is still dependent on core files to work. This outcome however applies only to my specific case and should not be taken as a green card for everyone to go nuts editing core content and redistributing.

It's still very much a grey area so until BI make a clear public statement I recommend anyone looking to modify core content to contact DnA directly to obtain approval to distribute.

Edited by pomigit

so any news related to release date ?

That's what I wanted to ask when I'm home. Looking forward to the release.

I've been a PMC in Iraq since 2004, why does everyone think there's just Blackwater? Almost every company now out here has to have a Company Logo on their shirts to follow MOI rules and regulations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking BW, I had some good mates work for them, they were loved and hated alike.

I've only ever worked for 5 different companies, one an American one well known for wearing desert tigerstripes, they were the dogs bollocks for photo's, and the other 4 were UK based.

I've done everything from PSD through to convoys, and now I sit behind a desk as a Security Manager for an oil and gas company in the South.

If you need any reference stuff PM me, if I can get my hard drives to work, I can provide pics too.

so any news related to release date ?

Hi sorry for the delay. Had to take some time out from modding, it was taking up too much time. Ill be back at it shortly. Expect a release in the next week most likely. In the mean time, here's something to keep you going http://www.pgservices.herobo.com/

Lol nice! Love the website. Can't wait to "hire" these guys.

Man, these look AMAZING, pomigit. I can't wait to make some missions with PGS! Good on ya, mate! :)