SpaydCBR

How to do the UAV sitrep thing?

how do you do the UAV aerial view sitrep thing at the beginning of a mission?

Check this one out also a little bit easier to set up. I have this one running on a few of my Missions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19289

Here is part of the Code but this will not work the way he has it written. You will need to fix it.

[getPos orbit1," This is the part to change for the sitrep",300,200,180,0,[]] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

What you have to do is place any marker in the editor named orbit1 or any thing you want to just make the change in the script. Also you need to Change getpos orbit1 to getmarkerpos "orbit1"

Since Iam on my laptop right now I will check my code later to make sure it is correct.

// set side colors

private ["_colorWest", "_colorEast"];

_colorWest = WEST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

_colorEast = EAST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

// set transparency for colors

{_x set [3, 0.73]} forEach [_colorWest, _colorEast];

[

markerPos "MARKER", // Target position (replace MARKERNAME)

"Take over Stratis and take out the Caches found around Stratis", // SITREP text

400, // 400m altitude

200, // 200m radius

0, // 0 degrees viewing angle

1, // Clockwise movement

[ // add Icon at player's position

["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_inf.paa", _colorWest, getPos player, 1, 1, 0, "Base", 0],

// add Icon at enemy/target position

["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\o_inf.paa", _colorEast, markerPos "MARKERNAME", 1, 1, 0, "Enemy Camp", 0]

]

] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

i named the marker "Marker" so name a marker marker and it will focus on that

Excellent, this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Been making little engagements for myself since A2 launch but I'm new to scripting; figure it's a good time to learn whilst A3 has a limited amount to work with during alpha. One thing I'm struggling to find, is a way to freeze the action during the UAV SITREP. The way I have the WPs and Triggers set up at the moment - the mission is already well under way by the time the very brief SITREP is done.

Is there a script I can put in the init that basically tells everything to hold 'til the SITREP has done its thing? I'd rather not go back and rearrange everything, which would include re-recording my lengthy choreographed littlebird attack run.

Is this possible, or should I realise my error in mission design workflow?

Love this thread too, thanks! I'm looking for something opposite, how do I force the sitRep to automatically time out after a say 10 or 15 seconds and automatically dump the players at the starting location?

I think it does, doesn't it? In testing the first time I opened the client I'd get the "press space to advance" console nonsense, but every other time that wasn't there. I seem to remember it just advancing on it's own though.

Using this code it went right into the mission on it's own without asking.

0 = [player, "Alone on the beach, a young man dreams of love.",80,nil,270,1] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

Yeah, after monkeying with it I noticed it times out about 18-19 seconds. Main thing I was trying to figure out was how long to delay some music at the intro of the mission so it didn't get chopped off by the sitrep screen swapping to the main game.

Main thing I was trying to figure out was how long to delay some music at the intro of the mission so it didn't get chopped off by the sitrep screen swapping to the main game.
waitUntil {!isnil "BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing" && {!BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing}};

Edited by Larrow

Hmm, trying that by putting it in my init.sqf at the end, but keep getting "Undefined variable in expression: BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing" errors.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

You know, the funny thing is, that the waituntil actually works, but it's still throwing the error.

Thought it may, i changed the above while you were posting to check for if its defined yet.

You can use either BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing or BIS_missionStarted, just for reference

Edited by Larrow

Is it possible to add NVG or TERMAL VISION to this? On Night Missions this Intro does not works :D

pls help!

UPDATE: GOT IT!

true setCamUseTi 0; <- 0 to 7 for all TI Modes

camUseTERMANL true; <- For NVG

Edited by Clawhammer

I have this strange tiled overlay covering the uav shot. It's grey/black tiled (like when you escape to option screen) and almost opaque. Is this a bug or how can I avoid this?

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

true setCamUseTi 0; <- 0 to 7 for all TI Modes

camUseTERMANL true; <- For NVG

Where did you put this code snippet please?

I have this strange tiled overlay covering the uav shot. It's grey/black tiled (like when you escape to option screen) and almost opaque. Is this a bug or how can I avoid this?

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature!

// set side colors

[

markerPos "marker1", // Target position (replace MARKERNAME)

"You are being deployed behind enemy lines. Stay low, hit hard and get out. Remember, you and your team are alone out here.", // SITREP text

250, // m altitude

125, // m radius

0, // 0 degrees viewing angle

1, // Clockwise movement

[ // add Icon at player's position

["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_recon.paa", _colorWest, markerPos "m1", 1, 1, 0, 0],

// add Icon at enemy/target position;

["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\o_inf.paa", _colorEast, markerPos "e1", 1, 1, 0, 0]

]

gettin error: "6# 0 is type scalar, must be string" in the editor when preview. its working but with the error. ideas? ty!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Where did you put this code snippet please?

+1 when i added that code to the script it would stop the establishing shot from playing altogether?

Yes, establishing shot would stop in around 10–15 seconds, or you just can press space to skip it.

no the question is where to insert the NVG/TI script modification

Like this:

[] spawn
{
   true setCamUseTi 0; // Turns thermal vision on
   [player,"Alone on the beach, a young man dreams of love.",80,nil,270,1] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot; // Your establishing shot
   waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing" && {!BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing}}; // Wait until establishing shot has stopped playing
   false setCamUseTi 0; // Turns thermal vision off
};

Edited by RegEdit

Okay thanks, yeah works for TI

but the NVG script camUseTERMANL true; doesn't work.

Should have been camUseNVG

If you create a camera in the init or with a script run from the init - eg:

_cam01 = createVehicle ["camera", _camPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_cam01 camPrepareTarget _targetPos;
_cam01 cameraEffect ["INTERNAL", "BACK", "rendertarget1"];
_cam01 camPrepareFov 0.700;
_cam01 camCommitPrepared 0;
waitUntil{camCommitted _cam01};
_laptop setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(rendertarget1,1.0)"];

You must delay it till after BIS_fnc_establishingShot has completed or the "rendertarget" will fail and display a black or white screen. Use something like:

waitUntil {!isNull player}; //or waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_missionStarted }};

in the script before the camera is created.

How or why this bug occurs I don't know, but if your camera textures fail or work intermittently or BIS_fnc_establishingShot cuts to the player internal cam - this could be the cause.

Updated - if you use the debug console camera during the mission it also affects rendertargets so:

enableDebugConsole = 0;

in the init.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

hello, So I am trying to add a music track to this intro. This is not correct, can anyone help?? Thanks

[] spawn {

scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";

// set side colors

[

[1219.54,8842.99,0.00143909],

"Nato Amphibious Assault,|something here,|something here," // SITREP text

50, // 50m altitude

100, // 100m radius

120, // 120 degrees viewing angle

1, // Clockwise movement

["a3ui_fdatamapmarkersnatob_inf.paa", _colorWest, markerPos "Mission Start",, 1, 1, 0, "mission start", 0],

[playMusic "mymusic";

10 fadeMusic 0.8;

waitUntil {!isnil "BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing" && {!BIS_fnc_establishingShot_playing}};

8 fadeMusic 0;]

]

};

Edited by JAndrews1

You have an extra "]" - remove the 3rd-last line

[] spawn {
scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
// set side colors
[
[1219.54,8842.99,0.00143909],
"Nato Amphibious Assault,|something here,|something here," // SITREP text
50, // 50m altitude
100, // 100m radius
120, // 120 degrees viewing angle
1, // Clockwise movement
["a3ui_fdatamapmarkersnatob_inf.paa", _colorWest, markerPos "Mission Start",, 1, 1, 0, "mission start", 0],
[playMusic "mymusic";
10 fadeMusic 0.8;
8 fadeMusic 0;]
};

If it still doesn't work I would try playMusic before the intro starts then the fadeMusic after the intro is complete (ie: take them out of the establishing shot spawn)