Sign in to follow this  
Beerkan

Enhanced Stratis by afroVoodoo

I thought I'd bring to your attention a rather excellent template I found on Armaholic website. A mission template created by afroVoodoo.

Basically what afroVoodoo has done is to create a mission.msn file that adds a number of extra buildings and accessories to the standard Stratis Island. Hence Enhanced Stratis.

I know there are other buildings and accessories mods for ARMA3, but this is not a mod. It can be directly inserted into your missions and will work for all versions.

Hopefully this will inspire other mission designers to include these ideas in their own missions. Just be sure to credit afroVoodoo.

Link to Armaholic Enhanced Stratis by afroVoodoo

Here's a couple of images from the template to whet your appetite. Be sure to check out the other images on the site.

2013_05_13_00001.jpg

2013_05_13_00002.jpg

IMPORTANT

With the latest update, there are now errors in the original .pbo file.

Hopefully afroVoodoo won't mind, but here is the fixed mission corrected for the latest ArmA3 version.

Download 'Enhanced Stratis' by afroVoodoo fixed by Beerkan with added FARP

As an added Bonus, I've added my Airbase FARP to the Stratis Enhanced mission fie.

intro.jpg

Once you've downloaded the file, you'll want to merge this with your own mission. Open up your mission in the ARMA3 editor, then either press Ctrl-M or click on the Merge Icon and load in Stratis_Enhanced.

Check on the editor and you will see the additional content from Stratis_Enhanced has been added to your own.

Now save your mission and the content of Stratis_Enhanced will be merged with your mission.

N.B. To remind you. All credit for this template must go to afroVoodoo for this, as I am merely posting details of this for others. If you use this content, please credit and acknowledge the original author afroVoodoo.

(Except the Airbase FARP. If you use that, credit me Beerkan.)

Place a trigger over the FARP and use one of the many rearm repair scripts available.

Edited by Beerkan

I've notice a few mission developers are now using this template which is nice to see. So I though I'd bump this thread to give new mission developers the chance to see and use it too.

Hey beerkan. Do you use any tools or utilities to build in the editor. Something like lining items up, positioning things exactly how you want them like at 90 degree or directly on top of other items

Also is there a way to spawn in already created templates?

Thanks

hey beerkan this is also the template I used for the GoT Wasteland (v2 and later) mission (Aside from that airbase settlement since that wasnt in it when i got the template from armaholic a few months ago)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20647

It's a great addition to stratis! :)

@bloodx with a littlebit of fiddling you can get the old arma2 3d editor to work on stratis, theres a few youtube videos explaining how :)

hey beerkan this is also the template I used for the GoT Wasteland (v2 and later) mission (Aside from that airbase settlement since that wasnt in it when i got the template from armaholic a few months ago)...
If you check out the date of my first post above, this is not a new thread. Just taken a while for people to notice it, I guess.

And the the (F)oward (A)rming and ®epair (P)oint (FARP) at the airport is mine. I hope you like it.

2013_07_07_00005.jpg

I added it when I fixed a classname change in original Enhanced.Stratis. See my IMPORTANT note in the first post.

Hey beerkan. Do you use any tools or utilities to build in the editor. Something like lining items up, positioning things exactly how you want them like at 90 degree or directly on top of other items

Also is there a way to spawn in already created templates?

I still use the standard editor and it's a bitch lining things up. But once you understand how the position command works in the editor, and also setpos, you can line things up precisely.

position[]={1815.4611,5.5,5871.1382};

See setPos command from community.bistudio.com/wiki

With regard to templates, you will see in the first post, I mention merging mission.sqm files. But you can also copy and paste small sections of items from one map and paste them into another.

Open up first map then highlight the area you want to copy and press Ctrl-C. Now open up the second map and press Ctrl-V to paste. You will still have control of the pasted items until you click the mouse button elsewhere, so after you Ctrl-V to paste the item you can still move and rotate it to precisely where you want it.

Edited by Beerkan
The Spelling Bee told me to.

his link is dead Link to Armaholic Enhanced Stratis by afroVoodoo

thx, but i just checked it, i openend the pbo file, extracted it, got the file with with a mission.sqm

ive replaced the vooddo mission.sqm and replaced it with yours.

i can now play it in editor..BUT.....

i can only see you're FARP base at airfield, flew over island and didnt see anything else new...?

Open the file in the editor and you'll see where the new buildings are.