Sign in to follow this  
Konyak

Manhattan in OFP

Consider these two pics. This is not to be taken the wrong way. I do not want a "let's fly into the scyscrapers" mission. That is utterly disgusting.

manhattan.jpg

manhattan2.jpg

My point with these pics is that this can be modelled quite easily, and would not tax the CPU, because a huge building could be as low as 5 poly's.

They would of course not be playable, but there could be street battles and heli chases around the buildings.

It could be quite fantastic.

Konyak

It really looks cool, but when seeing the twin towers

I can't help feeling a little depressed knowing they are

not there anymore.

Hi Konyak

I dont know if you know but I am working on a mod called Crimecity

http://users.pandora.be/crimecity/

And the mod is about cops and terrorists in NY.

( A sick idea at the moment, I am fully aware of it sad.gif

But you got the look right, that is what we are aiming for ( forget about attackhelis in the City, just plain and simple helis)

cheers

BAROBA

Don't post that sort of pictures, that are the kind of pictures that are very popular in the Fundamentalistic Arab countries!

How about someone makeing a terrain of Afgan will mountains with Underground hideing spots

and maybee some Taliban Skins

Or if someone would like to help me on this just email me..

That could have gone horribly wrong with the current affairs as they stand Konyak - you're lucky you didn't start a war.

Did BAROBA get deleted because of the subject of his MOD? If so I think that is a bit hash since he wasn't to know what was going to happen when he designed the modification.

Take a look at the second picture and ask yourself what in the name of all things holy is that Chinook doing?

The pictures actually bring back memories of the Matrix - don't know why.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from The Jub Jub Bird on 10:28 am on Sep. 16, 2001

Take a look at the second picture and ask yourself what in the name of all things holy is that Chinook doing?

<span id='postcolor'>

He grabbed the part that said "DO NOT GRAB"

Good pictures Konyak.....but why is the CH47 scouring a Skyscraper, if it's diving he's never going to recover!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from LordZach on 12:42 am on Sep. 17, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from The Jub Jub Bird on 10:28 am on Sep. 16, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

He grabbed the part that said "DO NOT GRAB"

<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL!!!!!

The trade centre really dominated the skyline.

that manhatten is dead cool. Any plans to make it in flashpoint?........... please.

like tanks drving down the streets and stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Gambba on 12:29 pm on Sep. 17, 2001

Good pictures Konyak.....but why is the CH47 scouring a Skyscraper, if it's diving he's never going to recover!

<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe he spilled his drink and fell asleep. Flying transports *CAN* be boring. Or at least in the missions in the game...

beautiful pics mate, just a pity about the subject matter. having said that, it would be very mice to see a big city in flashpoint, even as a modded island, where you could fly between buildings, like sega mega cd classic thunderhawk 2 (i think?)

beautiful pics mate, just a pity about the subject matter. having said that, skyscrapers and large buildings would be very cool in OPF, even just for a modded island. you could zip between buildings in choppers, like sega mega cd classic thunderhawk(?) you know what one i mean.

konyak,

is it possible that you could realese this as an addon? i think it would be awesome if you could! great work!

yeah, i know! but i think it should be considered a possible idea to create large cities that could be added to the islands. i don't know what it would take, but i think that there are some people out there who have the talent to create cities for this game, it would be fabulous!

I know, it would rock. Making buildings like that would be extremely easy. If they are made unenterable, then they'd only have to be 5 polygons. To make them a little better looking they'd need a few more, but unless you're making the spire ones like Empire State, 20 polys will go a long way. And texturing would be simple too.

Given the SDK, those pics could become a reality in an afternoon.

Konyak