Sign in to follow this  
malkekoen

Sounds when driving

Just did some driving today and I really feel alot of sounds are missing. Currently there's the engine noise and that's about it I think. (Nice though that outdoor sounds are now cut-off unlike in Arma 2 where you, encased in some heavy piece of armor, could hear a bee outside).

Currently I really miss the sound of the wheels contacting the ground to get a better feel of the traction, and the sound of small pepples hitting the frame when driving over rough terrain or gravel. (I loved the Humvee sounds of JSRS in A2/OA). The sound of the vehicle itself could be nice (not engine): To cruise along on a bumpy road in a big Hunter and hear the seats creaking and some gear shifting, you all know what I mean :j: It just feels weird now, so silent.

I hope it will be done, and I know BIS is currently overhauling the sounds.

Another thing as a side-note: I still feel the driving feels a bit awkward. I know this is not a racer, but games like Dirt and GTA somehow had a better feel, and more precision. Maybe BIS could learn some tricks from a quick glance on how other companies adjust their input variables :cool: