released version 0.13 to fix an issue with vanilla sniper rifle attachements

Thanks for fixing the vanilla sniper scope bug. A few other mods are having this same isssue. Could you tell me exactly what changes were made to the cfg to correct it? Maybe it'll help the other mod makers too and definitely will help me whenever I get around to crafting some of my own gear. If you haven't considered it yet, I think either of your weapon mods would be great contenders in the Make Arma contest.

Purple, whta @carne_molida meaned is that when you use the shortcut Shift+B (it happens with either the Famas and your Benelli shotty), you loose the mag (or the shells in the Benelli case) loaded in the weapon!!! Could you take a look at this issue?

Cheers!

@distractor2004: to fix the issue, i simply removed the references to classes WeaponSlotsInfo class SlotInfo and Rifle_Base_F from CfgWeapons definition:

Before:

class CfgWeapons

{

class Rifle; // External class reference

class Launcher;

class UGL_F;

class WeaponSlotsInfo;

class SlotInfo;

class ItemCore;

class InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F;

class InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F;

class InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F;

class GunParticles;

class Rifle_Base_F;

After:

class CfgWeapons

{

class Rifle; // External class reference

class Launcher;

class UGL_F;

class ItemCore;

class InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F;

class InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F;

class InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F;

class GunParticles;

It looks like when you refenrece those class, it messes with some other configs ...

@Corporal_Lib[bR]: ok, thanks for the feedback; I'll try to reproduce it (because ive never experienced it) and fix it...

cheers,

Purple

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Purple.

I was using this pack and I quite like it, one problem I have been having is this,

the magazines for it are not capitalized and personally it is kind of annoying me so I can't use them ;)

In all seriousness though, as it is called the FAMAS, could you update the mod so the magazines say "FAMAS X Rnd 5.56×45mm Mag" or somthing like that just to look more proper and such, instead of "famas mag", mostly because all other magazines have capitalizations and it makes these look weird along with them, especially with the weird ArmA 3 font. (Or like "X Rnd FAMAS 5.56×45mm Mag") (Rnd meaning round as a abbreviation I believe the vanilla game does it like that)

Thanks for this great mod purple and I hope you can do this.

(Also, If i am somehow using an old classname that isn't capitalized but you maybe had updated it with new ones that are before and I didnt know?) I don't know but please explain if somthing is wrong on my end)

Great pack keep it up.

(Edit)

I also remembered that the "Folded/Unfolded" bipod message isn't capitalized either, isn't a big deal, but its somthing that helps to add to the quality of the mod if you fix little things like that

Edited by MikeTim

Hey Purple,

loving your mod! Not only the FAMAS, but also the rifle grenades are a joy to use.

Are you planning to add adjustable sights for the rifle grenades?

@distractor2004: to fix the issue, i simply removed the references to classes WeaponSlotsInfo class SlotInfo and Rifle_Base_F from CfgWeapons definition:

Before:

After:

It looks like when you refenrece those class, it messes with some other configs ...

@Corporal_Lib[bR]: ok, thanks for the feedback; I'll try to reproduce it (because ive never experienced it) and fix it...

cheers,

Purple

Awesome and thanks for such a detailed response!

@lonesquad: i may add the grenade sights, the problem is that most of the famas i have made have the additional rail mounted on the handguard, thus you won't be able to unfold the grenade sights (especially when you have optics) ... so i don't think these sights are really in use anymore:

e776d8fc-c495-40b4-b937-d217fc5ceaa1.jpg

... but maybe, if i have some extra time to spend i'll make an raw famas without rail (like used in the 80s and 90s) and with the rifle grenade sights

Ah I see, thanks for the info! I was just wondering if I missed something, because i couldn't find a way to aim them properly.

So are rifle grenades obsolete in the French army or are there other ways to aim the grenades?

It is pretty hard to find an example of someone shooting a grenade with an optical sight installed. Here is one, but the soldier isn't using the rifle grenade sights it seems. Same here. Here is a video - at 0:52 is a pretty nice shot.

I don't get it. :(

Pack updated to work with 1.24: version 0.14

cheers,

Purple

Edited by Purple

Hi Apache7, i came back from vacation, i'll update the pack with fixed rtm soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I released version 0.15 with the updated rtms.

cheers

Edited by Purple

Just released Version 0.16 (updated to work with Marksmen update).

Updated mod v0.16-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Purple , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.