Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Interest rate added.

Some GUI improvements too among purchasing and vehicle interactions.

And its looking amazing so far, keep up the good work Zoo

just a little tip for the non addon version. i'm pretty sure you can use "setobjecttexture" on most arma 3 character models (if not all) since they are better set up now than in arma 2. meaning they all have a "camo" selection making it easy to retexture them on the fly. so you could easily make cop units without any addons just by placing textures in the mission folder and using "setobjecttexture".

just a little tip for the non addon version. i'm pretty sure you can use "setobjecttexture" on most arma 3 character models (if not all) since they are better set up now than in arma 2. meaning they all have a "camo" selection making it easy to retexture them on the fly. so you could easily make cop units without any addons just by placing textures in the mission folder and using "setobjecttexture".

Yea, I've experimented with this and found it successful when I was developing my hostage rescue mission. I'm glad that jpg's work for retextures; keeps file size low :)

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Added vehicle hijacking! Scroll next to an unlocked, occupied vehicle to attempt a hijacking.

Working on gas stations.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Gas stations complete!

Stratis_RP4.jpg

Drive near a pump and stop to pump gas!

Good job man

Thanks!

Just added money dropping when a player dies.

Added clothes shop! Inside are mannequins in which the player can walk up to and open the interaction menu to purchase its outfit!

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Stratis_RP5.jpg

Added clothes shop! Inside are mannequins in which the player can walk up to and open the interaction menu to purchase its outfit!

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Hello man,

I really like your map so far, you doing nice work.

Im running my server now with your map, I hope Im allowed too. I named it: [DE]Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Hello man,

I really like your map so far, you doing nice work.

Im running my server now with your map, I hope Im allowed too. I named it: [DE]Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Thanks! You can host a server if you like, but the mission is no where near complete, so it's pointless unless you're testing it out.

This sounds very very good and i hope you create the real "sequel" to the ArmA2Life mod! Kudos to you

Zoo sorry i missed you last night, work man, anyways saw your post about the mannequins.... Genius! Sure you could have just added a shop but no you had to go and make it better. Original man what can i say keep it up!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Development is going smooth - next goal is to create the inventory system.

For jobs you could add heli taxi, water taxi, Militery (for when cops and swat can't handle the situation), and commercial pilots.

For jobs you could add heli taxi, water taxi, Militery (for when cops and swat can't handle the situation), and commercial pilots.

Please elaborate upon each job and give a description in the format seen in the first post please :)

Job Name - Description

job Idea:

Car mechanic - Is able to pull broken vehicles back into city, and can repair them at his garage

(would be cool if only the Car mechanic can repair vehicles, and only at his garage not outside on streets)

ambulance - drive around the map allways ready to save a life

(he should be able to revive people. injured people should get a counter like 3mins untill death, so the ambulance needs to speedup)

Edited by marcEOTT

job Idea:

Car mechanic - Is able to pull broken vehicles back into city, and can repair them at his garage

(would be cool if only the Car mechanic can repair vehicles, and only at his garage not outside on streets)

ambulance - drive around the map allways ready to save a life

(he should be able to revive people. injured people should get a counter like 3mins untill death, so the ambulance needs to speedup)

Lol thats funny we were just talking about that last night :) Car repair part.

Just caught your "join.me" looks good mate. My favorite part of CrimeLifeRPG was the crafting. You mine coal/iron and take to factory to make steel. Mine sand/unrefined oil to make silicon then electronics. steel + electronics + iron + ?? to make vehicles and such. Throw in sulfur to start gun powder, cotton for clothing, wheat for sammiches. Then you got an MMO.

so are you regularily hosting this for testing? i'd be really interested in seeing this in action.

i recently learned UI stuff myself and i really like how you work on the interface a lot. it can make a big difference in playability.

i also really like your style. very organized and clean. good stuff!

so are you regularily hosting this for testing? i'd be really interested in seeing this in action.

i recently learned UI stuff myself and i really like how you work on the interface a lot. it can make a big difference in playability.

i also really like your style. very organized and clean. good stuff!

I usually host this every night, except for tonight (I did a live stream instead, showing my workflow)

Thanks to the 20+ or so people who were on the stream!

I redid the notification box code. It was very confusing, even to me! So I cleaned it up a lot, and now it should be much more accessible to anyone that wants to modify it, and it is much more optimized! I also cleaned up some other code.

I am also working on a market.

Pic of the market (WIP)

Stratis_RP6.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Just caught your "join.me" looks good mate. My favorite part of CrimeLifeRPG was the crafting. You mine coal/iron and take to factory to make steel. Mine sand/unrefined oil to make silicon then electronics. steel + electronics + iron + ?? to make vehicles and such. Throw in sulfur to start gun powder, cotton for clothing, wheat for sammiches. Then you got an MMO.

Thanks! I haven't decided upon resources and the whole industrialization aspect yet, but it will definitely be there!

Hi,

its maybe stupid to ask, but I tried to run the mission with the "iniDB" function you liked in your first post, I could not get it to work for me.

Are you going to give your mission a server-side save by your self?

So I mean, should I just wait for your solution?

IniDB is only needed on the server. Just load it up like any other mod and it will work.

I do plan on releasing all the requirements with the final mission.

now I got the iniDB to work.

so if someone want to test a little, im allways trying to stay up-to-date with your mission on my testing-server

name: [DE]Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Arma Version 0.56 is requested to join

now I got the iniDB to work.

so if someone want to test a little, im allways trying to stay up-to-date with your mission on my testing-server

name: [DE]Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Arma Version 0.56 is requested to join

Thanks for hosting :)