Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

To server admins: Expect the update tomorrow.

The only thing left on this update's to-do list is to finish handcuffing and add in some sounds to go with these actions.

Updated!

7/15/2013

Sound effects when picking up and dropping items and taking and giving items in a trunk or backpack.

Bug fixes

Player interaction menu functional (police can arrest, restrain, search, etc)

Mining Added

Resource Depot added - Sell wood and rocks to it.

Repair kit added to gas station.

Respawn button disabled.

Remade the jail.

Admins can access the admin construction tool via the admin menu. (Use it in LAN so you can copy and paste templates)

Global banlist added.

Reveal fix (fixes problems with players not getting actions for objects until their unit "knows about" it)

Jumping disabled near jail

Climbing code tweaked for better accuracy

Globalization function for code (functions\globalCall.sqf)

Updated!

7/15/2013

Sound effects when picking up and dropping items and taking and giving items in a trunk or backpack.

Bug fixes

Mining Added

Respawn button disabled.

Remade the jail.

Admins can access the admin construction tool via the admin menu. (Use it in LAN so you can copy and paste templates)

Global banlist added.

Reveal fix (fixes problems with players not getting actions for objects until their unit "knows about" it)

Why did you disable the respawn button? I get suck in some rocks often and I can only get out by respawning.

Updated!

7/15/2013

Bug fixes

Mining Added

Respawn button disabled.

Remade the jail.

Global banlist added.

Zooloo you are a god among men

Good work zooloo!

Got my merge process with my personal commits down to a tea with current update plus future ones. That is assuming you don't rewrite the entire mission on me :rolleyes:

Also i see you have jailbreak detection (friend teleported out and sirens went off, nice touch!) other than teleporting how do u plan on allowing people to break out ?

Edited by Malfate

Good work zooloo!

Got my merge process with my personal commits down to a tea with current update plus future ones. That is assuming you don't rewrite the entire mission on me :rolleyes:

Also i see you have jailbreak detection (friend teleported out and sirens went off, nice touch!) other than teleporting how do u plan on allowing people to break out ?

There's a helipad in the jail. Once I find it necessary to implement helicopters into the mission, they can be used to bail out a friend from jail :)

i had a feeling helicopter would be involved! that will be one ballsy, and nearly impossible breakout (like it should be).

Hey zooloo75 , would you upload your server RPT log file, because I would like to compare it with mine. I'm still getting that massive rpt log spam with errors like

0:53:00 Server: Unhandled user message Type_109
0:53:00 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_animals_f_chicken
0:53:00 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_structures_f_items_cans
0:53:04 Server: Unhandled user message Type_109

etc.

and I'm unable to play the mission. Re-installed my Arma 3 (also tried dev and stable), also re-downloaded the server with no luck. Still trying to figure where this errors come from...

BTW anyone running this mission under Windows 7 64 bit using dedicated server?

Found similar issue in the tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5897 and I'm wondering if it's related to my problem...

Here is my log: arma3server_2013-07-16_00-49-41.rpt

Edited by helldesign

Hey zooloo75 , would you upload your server RPT log file, because I would like to compare it with mine. I'm still getting that massive rpt log spam with errors like

a3_animals_f_chicken
a3_structures_f_items_cans

etc.

and I'm unable to play the mission. Re-installed my Arma 3 (also tried dev and stable), also re-downloaded the server with no luck. Still trying to figure where this errors come from...

BTW anyone running this mission under Windows 7 64 bit using dedicated server?

Found similar issue in the tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5897 and I'm wondering if it's related to my problem...

Here is my log: arma3server_2013-07-16_00-49-41.rpt

The next stable patch (currently in dev branch) they have a disable log, launch parameter (-noLog). They said it will prevent RPT spamming and MAY help with performance with some people (seems like its focused for people, who seem to be getting RPT spammed.

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159155-quot-nologs-quot-may-improve-performance-no-stuttering-read-details#.UeHxEEjtXkY.reddit

Edited by Malfate

Yes, I know about "-nolog" in dev branch, but I'm trying to find why everyone else except me can run this mission without problems. I completely deleted my Arma 3 game (and server) then re-installed and still have this issue. Something is messed and I don't know where to look. Maybe the problem is related to my OS...? (Win 7 64 bit)

A quick Google of those "type_x" messages showed that it's caused by having animals on the map...

A quick Google of those "type_x" messages showed that it's caused by having animals on the map...

Thanks for the reply zooloo

Now the question is why only me having this issue if we all using the same mission file with the same version of game client and server.. :confused:

and how can I stop these "animals" :D from bugging my server :j:

Edited by helldesign

It looks like BIS_fnc_MP is very broken now. After a while it stops working completely - nothing gets sent across the network with it. Broke quite a bit of stuff in my mission - I guess it's time to either wait for the function to be fixed or convert these to my own PVEH's.

Also loaded the mission in dev build only to find that it spits out tons of errors about undefined variables. It makes no sense since my variables get defined during the initialization process. Also these errors didn't show in stable build. I'm honestly feeling like just waiting for the final release of the game and just redoing the entire mission but I doubt I'll have time then...

Nevermind, my problem seemed to be a typo I couldn't see! :j:

Edited by Lethality
Found solution

I'm honestly feeling like just waiting for the final release of the game and just redoing the entire mission but I doubt I'll have time then...

I hope till this time you create a team to help you and continue your work when you are busy and the mission not to be forgotten :)

Sure, add me on Steam: Zooloo75.

^ This goes for anyone! :)

hey mate i like the layout, love the direction ya heading, got a question for ya tho.

chopping wood, where does the wood go coz each time i chop wood cant see any wood on the ground, is that working or does it need to be looked at?

im sure there are a couple of other small things i noticed too but cant think of them at the moment lol.

hey mate i like the layout, love the direction ya heading, got a question for ya tho.

chopping wood, where does the wood go coz each time i chop wood cant see any wood on the ground, is that working or does it need to be looked at?

im sure there are a couple of other small things i noticed too but cant think of them at the moment lol.

The latest patch broke almost everything in my mission and I don't know why... The same build worked perfectly 2 days ago.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I fixed the undefined vars that happen only in dev build right now. Even though the variables get defined during the initialization process in my mission, they still don't get defined. Had to define them in a separate script. Now to get rid of all BIS_fnc_MP's due to their unreliability.

Also I'm not sure if the dev build is broken or if its my mission but I'm hoping its the dev build as I'm finding a lot of bugs in the game itself such as when you freelook and stop freelooking, your player turns.

EDIT: I'm seeing lots of errors in other people's work too. I guess it's safe to assume that BIS broke something?

Edited by zooloo75

Didn't you hear the First expansion to ARMA 3

ARMA 3: OPERATION ENGINE FIX AND ACTUAL OPTIMIZATION

i kid of course, but its fun to poke fun off

Edited by Malfate

It looks like BIS_fnc_MP is very broken now. After a while it stops working completely - nothing gets sent across the network with it. Broke quite a bit of stuff in my mission - I guess it's time to either wait for the function to be fixed or convert these to my own PVEH's.

Also loaded the mission in dev build only to find that it spits out tons of errors about undefined variables. It makes no sense since my variables get defined during the initialization process. Also these errors didn't show in stable build. I'm honestly feeling like just waiting for the final release of the game and just redoing the entire mission but I doubt I'll have time then...

Apparently BIS never knew the function was broken.... LOL... I made a post about it in another thread and a dev told me he was never aware of a problem with it... Made a feedback tracker post about it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11703

Edited by austin_medic

Luckily medic, hopefully this is good news, and this item may take some sort of priority if it affecting so many. Thanks for doing that, I need my Life scripts working ^_^ (courtesy of zooloo lol)

I plan on redoing the vehicle purchasing system. That was one of the first things I made when I started development, and now that I look back on it, IDK what I was thinking when I coded that lol.

Also had a little discussion on another thread about the BIS_fnc_MP problem and Tonic said that it is due to script kiddies loading a certain hack that has an "anti-anti-hack" which pretty much breaks the function.

So I'm hoping that this is true and if so, once BattleEye rolls out on stable build I can attempt to block the suspicious vars and activity.

Is any of the following going to be added? Some features are SealTeamSloth but would be very nice to see on here

-Nametags that hover over names when you get close

-Item and Gun Shop

-Licenses

-Airfield Shop

-Gang Areas

-Rebel Areas

Is any of the following going to be added? Some features are SealTeamSloth but would be very nice to see on here

-Item and Gun Shop

-Licenses

-Airfield Shop

-Gang Areas

-Rebel Areas

Item shop?

-Item and Gun Shop

-Licenses

-Airfield Shop

-Gang Areas

-Rebel Areas

Sorry but did you even play my mission?