Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Your variant of Stratis Life/RP sound really nice, i can't wait.

But i have some problem report about existing and request to ask, i hope you will think about it for your own Stratis mission and that other will do the same...

And i also hope you it will work well and you will importing your mission to Atlis with final game will be release.

Actually two HUGE issue,

First one is with the save system, and the other about inventory.

First issue is cause Arma is not a 100% stable platform, mainly now in Beta, and even for the final like every game a lot of game crash will be present.

The big issue is that with the actual saving system we can't keep our stuff, how many time after buy a license it automatically disappear even after a death or a small disconnection (and the money is lost) or how many time cause of a simple bug we lost everything.

Please you can make the game using client side save like Day Z for Arma 2 or like VAS do ?

Our gear, health status/level, hunger, thirst and wanted level, but also our car (automatically spawn in our garage rather than need to put it inside for save it, cause it don't prevent car loose from server/connection or game crash) and position of the player, possibility when we die to recover our stuff from our corpse.

Also another issue, a really big and annoying one, is the inventory.

It have 3 issue :

_When we get object like apple/water bottle or anything else, we don't see it in the inventory, only in the custom interface.

Of course i don't ask for the 3D object, but the item in the inventory with name and weight will be nice.

It will fix the issue 2 :

_Unrealistic gear size management, when we go to take apple we magically can carry 80 on us for most of the actual Stratis Life/RP server and with a backpack we can go up to 120, which is too low value for a backpack, it will permit to use our vehicle to carry it, possibility to sell them from our truck (we park the car in a merchant parking and we can sell what we have inside the car inventory without need to : take them from the car, sell it and do it again and again), it will also automatically fix the issue of the double size inventory with the Stratis Life/RP + the real one.

_Last thing that will be really useful and nice, is to permit to lock car and backpack access for other people, how many time people take thing from our backpack without any possibility for us to even know it (in real life we have to open it, it make noise and the backpack move and also if someone take something out of it we will feel the weight difference) or simply troll us and play to put it on the ground with possibility for car owner to unlock inventory of the vehicle WITHOUT link it with the vehicle itself, it mean when we unlock the vehicle for go on it, it don't unlock car inventory, in real life the car trunk is not automatically linked to the rest of the door.

Cops can ask us to open it and not magically open it themselves, but i'm sure if someone don't want to cooperate he will get trouble.

About car, possibility to buy tire to change any tire of the car (directly put inside the car inventory), it can temporary fix the issue of the unrealistic weak car tire or the fact that when we loose 2 rear or front wheels the car can't move (in real life we can move it, its hard to control but we can).

With Housing system and Burglary (i have always wonder this) it will be nice if you can including possibility to protect the house, alarm for the lower cost, it only told to the house owner that someone is inside, alarm that alert owner and cops (cost most) and the most expensive the secure key system, hard to buy cause really expensive but no one can just enter that easily in our house, make a system like the general bank that need several minutes (5 for example) for the guy to get inside our house, and a way to protect it while not connected on the server like a message : House owner is actually inside, you can't enter.

It will prevent people to enter inside our house and rob everything while we are no way to protect it or to simply kill us inside our house when we are inside...

Also another nice thing to do with the bank card will be a secret code, 3 number (that we can see in the game menu for avoid to forget it) and if someone get our card he have to know this number for use it.

And final request, if you including car with radio, can we please have the possibility to play music from custom folder in OUR computer + the one in the server, simulate CD and Radio, also if you want a really good idea for radio (i'm not sure it can work) it can be to make the player play M3U file for the radio with a list that you have preset and listen real life radio in live !

If you can get a working M3U System it will be really nice !

Also be carefull with the handbrake, for example i actually play with a PC wheel with 2 pedal, one for the accelerator and until BIS use a descent brake system/gear and other i use the actual ingame handbrake function as a brake cause it is bad and unrealistic when we brake to see our car go backward just cause brake = backward function from vanilla, and also a lot of people use CTRL as a modifier, for example i don't play with my keyboard, i play with G13 gamepad and i use CTRL for access to several things, map, GPS and other and i'm sure a lot of people do the same.

I hope you will like my idea/use some of them, anyway thanks for your future Stratis RP, i'm sure it will be epic/great and the best !

Hi zooloo75,

Is it recommended to create a PBO to run this mission properly and can I use it as folder?

Thank you.

Hi zooloo75,

Is it recommended to create a PBO to run this mission properly and can I use it as folder?

Thank you.

You need to download the folder, then change the serverID variable located in serverID.sqf.

Once you do that, you must PBO the mission and put it in MPMissions located in your ArmA3 directory.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

stratis_rp_26.jpg

Working on the construction feature.

WOW ... I can't wait for this feature. :)

stratis_rp_27.jpg

Something I built in a few minutes with the new construction interface.

BTW where exactly are the user stat saves? I cant find them in the server directory or maybe they are saved client side?

Can anyone tell me the exact path?

BTW where exactly are the user stat saves? I cant find them in the server directory or maybe they are saved client side?

Can anyone tell me the exact path?

I think thy're saved client-side.

Cant wait for the construction jobs! Will you have to buy a piece of land first to build on and only you/designated builder can build on it? Otherwise I forsee a lot of 'road walls' and griefing. :) Just a thought.

Cant wait for the construction jobs! Will you have to buy a piece of land first to build on and only you/designated builder can build on it? Otherwise I forsee a lot of 'road walls' and griefing. :) Just a thought.

I am still thinking of a way that allows freedom, but keeps control of where things are placed. For example, I have it so you can't build near the police station or Agia Marina.

so i understand that right, the Server saves your gear and Money just Luke in dayz, right

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Like in dayz

=Update=

Added construction interface. Goto the supply shop for construction tools. This feature is still a WiP.

Some good news: A good person has given me access to their dedicated server, and now I can host the mission!

Server name: Stratis-RP:Ultimate | Official Server |

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

stratis_rp_28.jpg

The result of three testers on my server when I gave them construction tools xD

It's starting to look like something, lol.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

stratis_rp_29.jpg

Edited by zooloo75

Ported the mission to Beta (Dev-Branch Only).

But it seems that your server is in the stable branch now.

Is your mission available for DEV branch servers?

Thanks

But it seems that your server is in the stable branch now.

Is your mission available for DEV branch servers?

Thanks

It works on both.

stratis_rp_30.jpg

A little update on our town! More people joined :D

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Last picture of the town before I head off for the night!

stratis_rp_31.jpg

A small group of players built this!

This will be a fun and interesting map to play on. :D

Yes :D

It's amazing, what you can do with this feature :bounce3:

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Do anyone have this kind of message in the RPT server log "Server: Unhandled user message Type_109" ? I'm not sure if it has anything with the mission or it is a bug in the server (DEV branch) but my server logs are spammed with this. I restarted my server 7 hours ago and now my "rpt" log is 280 MB...

I have a clean RPT :Oo:

THe great stratis peer

DB7B621402A9EE7406F900B12E67A7A9C06A61E5

2048x1152.resizedimage

Everyone needs a highway, even if you aren't suppose to build into the city :-p

2048x1152.resizedimage

Tonight at 9PM we'll be hosting a kick off as we begin building on our Dedicated server. Anyone who's interested is welcome to join in. This is the very beginning of something big. We'll be another dedicated host of this mission and we encourage those interested to join. Server info in the sig below.

WoooW .. great work Malfate ! :bounce2:

It would be nice as well in the sea (resp. in low water close to the beach). ;)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Well i decided to put up a modded version of StealthStick's Life Mod:

Goal:

1. Easier for newbies, information for quick,easy access.

2. Less Hassle / Investment time - Get started building quickly... but not ridiculous, still got to work for stuff if u want to really go crazy.

==CONSTRUCTION LIFE==

-Changes from Main Branch[Official Version]-

• Starting Money: [$50,000 - Cash] & [$300,000 - Bank] - May slightly decrease bank amount
  • Global/Side Chat Enabled - For casual conversation (Actively Monitored for abuse). Make community more lively and adds to game play.
  • Shortcuts/Hints/Rules/How to's ON MAP... Can't Miss it
  • 8 ATM/Supply shops in various camps spread throughout island so you don't have to carry all of your cash on you (and potentially lose it). Now you can more easily build in the boonies! Note: Still need to come back to town for food [Market], or you can always harvest your own!
  • Interest rate increased to 8% [every 10 min]. (KEEP CASH IN BANK, unless u need it or u may lose it + You gain interest if its in the bank!)
  • Soon: Anti-hack/scripting. Too many kid's griefing.

I'll try to keep it up to date with Stealth Stick's Life (keep it within 2-3 days of recent version).

I don't want to make major changes to anything just small/"style"tweaks to make it more fun in short term (quick building / buying) but still need to work/get more money go build bigger and better things [build empires/cities].

Mainly because structures are not persistent/ and missions need to be restarted often. ALso having problem with people running hack scripts so i'll probably have to add anti-cheat/hack soon

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by Malfate

Can anyone check my RPT log and help me with the errors in it:

arma3server_2013-07-07_20-39-16.rpt

This massive RPT log spam kills my FPS after a period (from 50 it goes to 9-12) and makes the mission unplayable for me.

I already did clean installation of my Arma 3 server "STABLE" branch with "steamcmd", no mods or anything additional.

Tested "404wasteland" and it works fine (no rpt error spam and fps not changing in time), so I'm not sure where I should look...

Edited by helldesign