Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Current build up ZooLoo. What were you saying a while back about refreshing iniDB when you do updates? Aren't I suppose to delete something?

Current build up ZooLoo. What were you saying a while back about refreshing iniDB when you do updates? Aren't I suppose to delete something?

It's not necessary, but if you start experiencing errors, the first thing you should do is delete the database entry located at @iniDB\db\stratisrp.ini

It also helps during development to delete the database at every update to ensure no old or unused variables are present.

Perfect that's what I wanted to know. I blast a message stating that anything can be deleted currently for that reason. I would prefer a clean DB after each revision until you are ready for your release. I think it would be helpful to refrence the above in the first post too. Just for anyone else hosting. Figure one less repetitive question down the line as I know it was asked before me. Just couldn't find it anywhere in this thread. Thanks again ZooLoo

Edited by DrMayhemMD

Loving the progress since last time I checked in.

Btw how does the Underwater Archaeology job work? I've got the Scuba set and the SONAR, I'm in the water near where the guy said to go, now what?

Also you said "Added tasks to the job and hints so players can keep track of the progress." What exactly did you mean by this?

Cheers, awesome work dude.

Edited by Drunkn

Loving the progress since last time I checked in.

Btw how does the Underwater Archaeology job work? I've got the Scuba set and the SONAR, I'm in the water near where the guy said to go, now what?

Also you said "Added tasks to the job and hints so players can keep track of the progress." What exactly did you mean by this?

Cheers, awesome work dude.

press shift+e on the guy you get the job from then he'll give you some co-ordinates... go to the co-ordinates. By Tasks he means that when you are on the map you can click tasks and see what you were told do and where to go

Yeah figured it all out now, its very cool, the beeping of the SONAR is a very nice touch. Cheers =)

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Just 1 suggestion after trying out the Archaeology job. Fuel runs out much too early. I got one job at the very bottom right of the map, my boat didn't even make it half way there (By the way, is there any way to refuel boats and the SDV?). So I tried driving to the closet beach then swimming to the location, which cost just over 50% fuel as well, meaning I had to ditch the car when I was about 500m away from the petrol station. Its a good idea as it forces players to be careful with fuel but it does need to last a bit longer in Cars, and a lot longer in the boats.

Also with fishing, it seems you can only hold 1 fishing net which = 2 fish. It takes way too longer to make any money what so ever. Same with chicken farming. Maybe upgrade the inventory space a little bit?

Edited by Drunkn

Yeah figured it all out now, its very cool, the beeping of the SONAR is a very nice touch. Cheers =)

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Just 1 suggestion after trying out the Archaeology job. Fuel runs out much too early. I got one job at the very bottom right of the map, my boat didn't even make it half way there (By the way, is there any way to refuel boats and the SDV?). So I tried driving to the closet beach then swimming to the location, which cost just over 50% fuel as well, meaning I had to ditch the car when I was about 500m away from the petrol station. Its a good idea as it forces players to be careful with fuel but it does need to last a bit longer in Cars, and a lot longer in the boats.

Also with fishing, it seems you can only hold 1 fishing net which = 2 fish. It takes way too longer to make any money what so ever. Same with chicken farming. Maybe upgrade the inventory space a little bit?

About the Inventory space, there is a way to upgrade it by yourself, the drug dealer is selling some good drugs :D

you really should check him out^^

about the ships and fuel, thats a good question, if we could pull a boat with a pickup truck, you could simply drive to gas station and re-fuel it, but atm there is no water-gas-station :D

About the Inventory space, there is a way to upgrade it by yourself, the drug dealer is selling some good drugs :D

you really should check him out^^

about the ships and fuel, thats a good question, if we could pull a boat with a pickup truck, you could simply drive to gas station and re-fuel it, but atm there is no water-gas-station :D

Yeah that would be good.

And haha I heard about the steroids. How long do they last? Also the Drug Dealer on this server isn't showing up on the map for me anymore =/

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Haha just found a nice glitch, the First Person feed in the submarine video is the video feed from the CCTV in the Prison Cell, so I can't see where I'm going xD

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Lastly, although tedious, I pushed my SDV up onto the land closest to the petrol station, than pushed it next to the pump and refueled =D Only took about a minute to push up, refuel, and have it back in the water

I guess a refuel can wouldn't hurt :)

I guess a refuel can wouldn't hurt :)

Yes please =D

I also plan on redoing the notification system (that box on the bottom right) so that its more dynamic and requires less coding to use.

Job Idea I dreamt of last night =P

Pirate/Privateer.

When some mates and I where playing last night we were doing the Archaeology job and another mate jumped in a boat and followed us out to the ocean where our jobs were located, claiming to be a Somalian Pirate, and than proceeded to ram us and he managed to steal 1 of our boats at one stage. It was hilarious but also (somehow) could be a good idea for a job I thought. Like he could steal our boats/our knowledge of the underwater wrecks and sell the boat and Information to someone possibly? Just my 2 cents.

Added gas station shop - fuel cans and beer sold there.

TRY THE BEER!!!!

Don't forget to get behind the wheel too! (ingame preferably)

AWESOME!!! =D Can't wait to test that.

Also a pretty game breaking bug to report, me and a couple of friends figured out that if you pick up money that is on the ground at the same time you all get it. For example, if I drop $100 and we all pick it up at the same time we all get $100.

I already had like $30mil just from Interest gains from the bank (made a bit of money from Underwater Archaeology and used interest to get to 30mil) Using this bug we all are now on $100mil+ Money.

AWESOME!!! =D Can't wait to test that.

Also a pretty game breaking bug to report, me and a couple of friends figured out that if you pick up money that is on the ground at the same time you all get it. For example, if I drop $100 and we all pick it up at the same time we all get $100.

I already had like $30mil just from Interest gains from the bank (made a bit of money from Underwater Archaeology and used interest to get to 30mil) Using this bug we all are now on $100mil+ Money.

I'll see what can be done about that.

Dumb question: How do I use the fishing net???

Press Shift+1 to open your inventory, then select the fishing net and press use.

Hey, I was just playing the mission (with you :D) and I passed the police comprehension test, but I don't know how to access the physical test and firearms test. Are they finished?

Hey, I was just playing the mission (with you :D) and I passed the police comprehension test, but I don't know how to access the physical test and firearms test. Are they finished?

The shooting test isn't implemented. To do the physical test, go to the cop at the course and press Shift+E.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Added some basic help on the map tabs, fixed respawn bug, other stuff tweaked.

One problem i saw that occured and happened to me on a build that was from 4-5 days ago. Someone took a police vehicle/or something and knocked over the ladder climb portion for the physical fitness test and wasn't able to complete it.

great work

Added woodcutting, and a supply shop (to buy an axe).

TODO: Finish wood export job.

I think the 7% interest is a bit overpowered. After doing a few Archaeology jobs I used that money to live off the interest, after a few hours of being afk I now have over $3,500,000,000

Really good RP, now would be nice if arma 3 would get more optimized, would be perfect then :)