Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Here you say point # 4.

I really would want to put this onto my server, problem is though, for the iniDB iI have to do that line but I am on a hosted account at Vilayer for arma 3. How do I go about installing this all on my account as I can not run the game with an alternate modline.

PLease advise

You'll have to contact them, I don't how Vilayer does stuff.

can you add me on skype johny305 i need to ask you something

can you add me on skype johny305 i need to ask you something

I don't use Skype, and you have my on Steam.

You'll have to contact them, I don't how Vilayer does stuff.

So you're actually saying here that iniDB can only work when added that line to the shortcut?

So you're actually saying here that iniDB can only work when added that line to the shortcut?

All he said is. He do not know how the Vilayer Company handle there server management, and it is up to you, to ask at Vilayer Support for more info about how to manage a vilayer server.

Just put the newest build on our Server if anyone wants to check it out. I'll leave it up for anyone.

Also suggestion of the day (wouldn't be surprised if it was already suggested) is the Hitman job. Come on, you know some of you are contract killers :P

Edited by DrMayhemMD

Fixed the trunks, now they work properly!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Added SONAR to the UW Archaeology job. When activated and the wreck is within 200m, it will emit beeps with a delay based on the distance.

Just installed the Beta and found dogs :3

I will be adding Police K-9 Units later on! They'll be able to sniff for drugs on people and attack people.

I LOVE YOU BIS! :D

stratis_rp_22.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Found some police stuff in the beta! :D

Feels like Christmas already!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Adding chicken farming!

Edited by zooloo75

Did you find the old police car shown in the lighting showcase a while back?

BTW, how did you get dogs? I don't see them under ambient life, in beta. How did you get chickens, for that matter.

Did you find the old police car shown in the lighting showcase a while back?

BTW, how did you get dogs? I don't see them under ambient life, in beta. How did you get chickens, for that matter.

No police car yet, and the animals are under cfgVehicles.

Ported the mission to Beta (Dev-Branch Only).

Added a new job (chicken farming).

Added a submarine to the UW Archaeologist job.

Added police uniform retexture.

Various beta additions.

More to come!

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

stratis_rp_23.jpg

Looks awesome. Also, if you're interested in a Stratis Repair Service, I believe GLT Legislator added a repair truck to his mod, as seen in this post from his mod's WIP thread:

Legislator;2410764']And here's something nice before I go to bed ... the Limnos Repair Service!

http://i.minus.com/jThTkokhCev8H_xs.jpg

http://i.minus.com/jbc8t17W3WNeqZ_xs.jpg

Looks awesome. Also, if you're interested in a Stratis Repair Service, I believe GLT Legislator added a repair truck to his mod, as seen in this post from his mod's WIP thread:

That can be achieved without mods :)

Ever though about allowing the mayor to host events?

Having the mayor to get tax from people, and use tax money to fund events such as races using vehicles or running, find the mine (and disable it or get blown up and taken to the hospital), bunny/easter egg hunt etc.

Obviously the mayor has building privileges, but maybe have a job that that mayor gives out himself... the Building Contractor, so a select few people get a chance to have building capabilities.

This would help with creating and building events, such as placing barriers along the road, and placing ambient civilians to watch a race, by standing around a road etc. Also for the mayor to plan a place of build and send his builders to do it for him.

Will try the server today, hopefully its updated to the latest Dev version, otherwise i dont mind waiting until the mission is further developed.

One suggestion for the chicken farming job: instead of just going to the farm and stealing a random chicken, how about you have to buy chicken-feed, feed the chickens and collect their eggs the next day?

In order to reduce lag from stats, I'll have the server save stats of players for stuff such as weapons, uniforms, etc (anything that the server knows about)

-I'll be working on that today.

Could you add a tutorial in briefing, listing all the controls for everything? I looked through the first page but I'm still largely lost.

Could you add a tutorial in briefing, listing all the controls for everything? I looked through the first page but I'm still largely lost.

I will be creating a help menu via F1 key that will explain everything newbs need to know. This is planned once the mission has reached a playable state.

Thank you for the response. Mod is looking good, aside from the occasional what am I doing, or just bugs. I fondly recall purchasing a boat and being killed in the process, then being unable to pickup my food and precious moneys. Appears to be going very well, seemed very ambititous compared to past life missions, in my opinion.

Updated the mission. Off-loaded a lot of stat saving to the server to reduce lag.

This mission looks great and I hope it will become a great success! :)

I'd like to present some of the ideas from Daylight RP project team that might be compatible with your mission. You're free to modify and use the ideas in any way you want! I hope that you get at least inspiration of these suggestions. :)

• Concept: Global factory
    The unbalance between illegal and legal actions as civilian was one of the most remarkable issues in the existing Life missions in my opinion. We designed a brand new concept, global (illegal) factory to balance the gameplay without artificial restrictions, actually even increasing the level of freedom and realism in the game. The core idea of the global factory is that every illegal factory or any place that functions like a factory (eg. money laundering house) has an unlocked global storage. This means that the storages in these illegal factories are the same on every player, and any civilian can access those at any time because they're unlocked. The police can search and impound the illegal items in the factories, but they can't pick up or move any illegal items in their normal inventory.
    There are some major benefits of global illegal factories: they simulate the brutality of underworld, rendering everyone who is not your friend as your enemy, maybe even your friends; on the other hand, because of that it balances the illegal actions almost automatically, because the better stuff or higher profit you're doing as illegal civilian, the higher-valued target you are to other people, just like IRL. So you gotta play your cards right when you decide to enter the underworld! We believe that this increases the need of roleplay and tactical teamplay, that we saw (personally) as major benefit.
  • Role of mayor
    Player who has been voted as mayor is an important person because he/she has a lot of power in the game; he can even change the direction of the whole game if he knows what to do. He can set taxes and laws and he has the right to ask the police to protect him. He's the link between civilians and the police and the only person in the game who can transmit money to players of both sides. The mayor has an another "tax account" where the taxes are put in. He can then decide what he does with the money, maybe use it to a new car or support civilians in trouble. His choices would naturally have consequences, civilians remember pretty well what the mayor has done with his money...!
    New mayor is elected every 60 minutes; the first mayor is elected when runtime hits 30 mins. The votes of players are persistent (meaning that once you vote someone as mayor, he will have your vote even in the next election if you're still in the game and haven't voted anyone else. The mayor is forced to resign if he (1.) resigns himself (2.) spends more than 3 minutes in jail (3.) leaves the game and does not return back in the game within 10 minutes. In this case, the applicant who has got the most votes after the resigned mayor will be selected. Running the mayor position costs a little to prevent everyone from becoming an applicant "just for fun". The mayor can write a short speech to the voters when leaving the application at the town hall. Giving players this much power can be problematic, but on the other hand, we believe that players would learn soon the importance of mayor and not to vote everyone who asks for it.
  • Centralizing the functions and creating theme areas on map
    Thanks to the huge size of Arma maps, we wanted to use restricted area on the map (probably not necessary with Stratis though) and centralize most of the functions in order to prevent players from scattering around the map and barely meeting each other. The main idea was: towns are the best (safer) areas for legal civilians because there are lots of legal activities and increased risk of getting spotted and caught as illegal civilians in towns. On the other hand, the most of the areas with many illegal activities were located on the landside (such as money laundering houses, illegal factories and so on). Legal civilians would have had to leave the towns regularly eg. in order to move between towns or to mine and gather resources from the resource fields on the landside, illegal civilians, for their part, would have had to visit towns regularly eg. in order to get essential supplies, like food, medkits, fuel and repair kits.
    Different areas on the map would have had themes, eg. on Chernarus Balota was the idyllic, small village with almost only primary production there. Elektrozavodsk was the industrial town, and Chernogorsk had most of the services on its' area. The centralized functions and theme areas would have increased the interaction between players a lot (that is found to be very important factor in practice) and made the map to feel more like an actual nation with a history, with a story to tell to you.
  • Gang areas located in towns
    We heard often complaints about the gangs being too separate from the gameplay in Chernarus and Takistan Life. People said that they'd like to increase the amount of interaction between them and the other players as a gang member. So we moved the gang areas in towns. The gangs and gang areas work like in Chernarus Life except that there is tax-like "protection money rate" that gang leader can set, eg. between 0 and 15 %. The protection money rate works like a local tax in the town of the gang area; with 15 % protection money rate the prices increase by 15 % and the difference will be given to the gang members of the gang that controls the town. This would lead to more interaction between gangs and other players, and eg. the gang leader would have to be careful in his actions; if he increases the protection money rate too much, the civilians will start to hate him and eg. report the movement of his gang to the cops, and vice versa.
  • More realistic civilian tracking system for cops
    NO civcam, please! :D Why not? My arguments against it can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144378-Daylight-RP-coming-soon&p=2284104&viewfull=1#post2284104. One of the features that caused the most of the complaints was the ubiquitous wanted system that was like a BB watching every player all the time, setting them instantly wanted for eg. murder if they did it in middle of nowhere. We replaced it with more realistic spotting system. There would have been a high risk of getting spotted often and accurately in towns (automatic script in the mission) and lower risk of getting spotted often and accurately on landside. The cops would have got reports like "PSAP: Civilian XXX (bounty: $70 000) has been spotted in northern Chernogorsk, north from the hospital" and "PSAP: Civilian YYY (bounty: $150 000) has been spotted somewhere on the landside, south from the Mogilevka". The higher bounty, the more likely it would be that illegal civilian would get spotted (naturally, depending on the area where he moves).
    The police would still have a method to track the players manually, that would cost them some money, just like civcam. It would be the triangulation of the location of their mobile phones (see suggestions below and a description here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144378-Daylight-RP-coming-soon&p=2284051&viewfull=1#post2284051), showing an area wherein the tracked civilian is. The area would be remarkably large on landside and more accurate in towns, just like IRL. It would prevent the major flaw of the civcam, that gave the most advanced cops even more advantage compared to the newbs, because the experienced cops know the map throughout and always knew where the target was while newbs not. The meaning of civcam was particularly to help new cops, but it worked rather exactly vice versa. This wouldn't be an issue with the mobile phone tracking system, because every cop will see the results of phone tracking with equal accuracy.
  • Built-in support for proper server administration (focus on situational awareness)

The Daylight RP team has about 3000 hours of experience in administrating a popular (public) RP server. The Chernarus Life was a great mission, but the lack of built-in support for proper game administration made it pure horror to admins, forcing them to administrate the server always when they were on, because almost every task and check had to be done manually or couldn't be done at all. Great example of this is checking the amount of money on certain player. There's no way to check it in the game except kicking the player off and joining with his nickname, waiting for the game to load, then check his bank account and every possible factory that he could own (and thus be able to hide money there), this simple thing took easily over 30 mins to complete. And just think about the number of complaints that had to be queued when checking the player! In addition, you had to have strong evidence against the suspected player before doing anything because you had to kick him off the game in order to check him, that was very hard thanks to lacking tools, took a lot of time as well and made it very stressful because there was always a risk of kicking or banning a legitimate player and making him angry, for a reason. It just was simply impossible to get the information that was required to confirm that someone was breaking the rules, and because the game would have become unplayable if we kicked and banned only people who were confirmed to be causing troubles, we had to kick and ban people also without proper evidence but intuition instead, that resultred inevitably in punishing legit players as well. It was very stressful to find out repeatedly that you had punished legit players. With this I mean that I sincerely hope that there will be built-in support to check stats of players (a little history would be even better) and eg. the ability to select a player to follow (Kegetys' spectator script would be ideal for that) him in free cam mode.
    The administration of RP server is really, really demanding when compared to any other mission or mod there, especially if they players aren't whitelisted. In my opinion, the quality of administration is often the bottleneck of enjoyability of RP servers. Nice admins are really hard to get, because the best will go somewhere else if you don't have anything to support them in their job and even the ones that become admins will become stressed (and thus bad) admins because of the huge amount of work. Based on our experience, it requires about 1 experienced admin per 25 players who is administrating non-stop in order to keep the game enjoyable on existing life missions, and because you mostly get complaints about both players and yourself as admin, no-one stands it endlessly. So the vicious circle starts again... There were situations where nearly 10 people kept spamming us admins on TeamSpeak because there was something badly wrong on the server, and you can just imagine the amount of work and frustration of both admins and players when even simple checks and tasks could take over 30 minutes. I really, really hope that the situation will improve with your mission and I'm sure that you're aware of the issue and working on it. The server-side databases will make it much more easy and reliable to realize, I believe. I just hope that no-one will ever again have to dive into that shit what the administration was in most of the Life servers.
    Here are our suggestions to the admin menu:
    1. Spectate -> Select player -> OK (free cam, moves the player next to the player who is being spectated in order to see the direct chat that is very essential)
    2. Online players stats check -> Select player -> OK (shows the critical information about the player and even a small history; eg. "Runtime 49 mins: Player received $50 000 from player Y (ID: xxxxxxx). [---] Player bought the gun factory with $250 000.")
    3. Offline players stats check -> Select player -> OK (same as above but from offline players)
    4. Give a warning to player -> Select player -> OK (locks the player movement until he has read the custom message and confirmed the dialog, admin gets notified when player confirms the dialog)
    The admin tool uses player IDs as reference naturally, but naturally links the IDs to the player nicknames that have been used with the IDs.
  • Mobile phones that can't be stolen on every player; text messaging option and autonomic emergency services menu
    Mobile phone on everyone would help to get rid of the issues with the chat, because you would always have a chance to get in contact with someone without letting outsiders to know about it. On the other hand, important part of it would be a 112/911 menu that is linked to task list of emergency services and gives them enough information to help you. Would help especially newbies, and I believe you have done something like this because you have disabled the only indirect method to communicate between sides in the game: the global channel. I have fully completed algorithm to the 112/911 menu, can show it to you if you want. It priorizes the tasks and shows the essential information about the tasks automatically, and is able to block players spamming the menu automatically. Another option would be to make the mobile phones stealable, but we found out that it would result in many issues in the game.
  • A regular and a major sell point (export point) for every sellable illegal item
    Shortly: normal sell point for every sellable illegal item with normal profit, and one major sell point (probably eg. Agia Marina docks) that would have higher profit but higher despawn (export) time. The major sell point (where you can sell every sellable illegal item in the game) would use the global factory concept. It prevents cops from camping sell points and adds interest in the gameplay as illegal civilian, because there's more room for different tactics to be used.

I'll add more ideas here later, but I'm sick atm and running out of power... :p Hope you got some inspiration from these suggestions. I'm sure that your mission will be success! :)

Regards

Ezcoo

Edited by Ezcoo

I got a few more job ideas, some which would require certain things.

Aegean Armed Forces: Undoubtably using the independant Green Army, got greek since flag is different, I'm guessing the islands split off from mainland politically and become one giant united nation of islands. You play a soldier in a group similar to the National Guard going on patrol or doing odd jobs on base for cash. To join you must go through a recruiter who will ask question similar to police comprehension test, as well as go through training similar to real life fitness tests for military. To make things interesting, when you go on patrol you may run in to terrorists, or just civilians in trouble similar to how National Guard help after floods.

Factory assembly worker: Simple, you work in the place, make some dough putting together parts. Maybe you can make a minigame out of it or something.

Stratis Repair Service: Take the repair truck to those poor souls who's car broke down because the check engine light is useless. :p

Coast Guard: Recover people lost at sea, either with helicopter or boat. You would probably sign up under Aegean Armed Forces or Stratis Police.

I was wondering about an EMT/Paramedic job, but not sure how you would do it.

Is there any chance you could release the vehicle handling/breaking, radios, and police cars, police lights, police sirens as a standalone to enhance the driving of various missions as yours is currently the best?