Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Canceled

Edited by zooloo75

Looking forward to see how it turns out :)

Sounds good, also nice that you're looking into stats saving. Back then in A1 I had alot of time so starting over didn't annoy me as much, but now it's keeping me from trying out any "life" missions.

Thanks alot for keeping this opensource, back in A1/A2 the only life mission that had stats saving disallowed others using their system or hosting their mission. This was pretty limiting.

Some more ideas:

Hunting

Hunt Rabbits (maybe also snakes ?)

Speeding Cameras

Cops could setup cameras to catch speeding people - this would also give the cops some less lethal objectives

Car Theft

Stolen cars can be sold at several dealer points (not just one so it's harder for cops to camp the spots), cops can also check the license plates/ID of a vehicle (which get randomly created at spawn of a vehicle)

In general I think there should be alot more "casual" jobs/work for the cops so they have less ambition to run on a killing spree (which I experienced).

Thanks for the input Icewindo!

It never hurts to go open source! :)

Sounds awesome! I really like your ideas.

I played Takistan Life Revolution for ages and have been playing Stratis Life but it feels pretty limited so far.

Placing buildings is a good one because then there can be more cities/towns on the Stratis map which is kind of bare at the moment. But when the proper Arma 3 map comes out that will be awesome! Stratis is like 20km and the full map is going to be more than 200km.

The jobs idea is good too.

A few ideas if possible - (I have no idea what would be possible so i'm just throwing ideas i'd like out there.)

-Players able to choose clothes at the start... different kinds of shirts/pants and colors. Because in the current Stratis life everyone is wearing nearly the same thing.

-At collection points (e.g apples/oil/etc) actually have apples there instead of it just being in the middle of nowhere with nothing different except for a scroll option to pick apples.

-Housing for players (though it sounds like you may have that planned).

-An EFTPOS type ability so you can buy stuff from shops using a card without having to carry money around.

-More kinds of cars if possible, very limited choice in Arma 3 Alpha.

-An unarmed fighting system, even if just punching or something so you can atleast have a little chance to defend yourself when unarmed. Maybe even have melee weapons.

-Night Clubs - With music/DJ's/Security.

-In addition to the npc's have players who can sell cars/have a caryard or open a shop selling whatever they want. Maybe buy or rent a building where they can do this and open different kinds of buildings.

Jobs -

-Bounty Hunter - The cops hire you to help them hunt criminals who are on top of their wanted list for money.

-Drug Dealer - I guess this would depend on having the drugs in game actually do something, but they would also need a downfall to taking them over the long term.

-Racecar Driver - Could have a track where you race for money. Or players could create their own anywhere on the terrain.

-Bum - Sit on the streets in raggedy clothes and beg for money. (this would kind of be funny and for realism, because nobody would make much money doing it.)

-Real Estate Broker - Assuming player houses are put in, there could be people who sell the houses and take a cut. Though I think this would have to be limited in number say 1 or 2 per town.

-Martial Arts instructor - Assuming unarmed system could be put in, there could be a martial arts instructor that increases your strength/unarmed damage/speed. Whether it be a NPC or another player fulfilling the role.

-Security Guard - For nightclubs or businesses, where the business owner could hire security to protect against robbery.

-DJ - To play music in the club, if possible using mp3's from their pc.

-Bartender - To work in club, also have alcohol have an effect temporarily of the player walking weird and having blurry vision or something.

It would be so awesome if all this stuff was there. I have had thoughts of how awesome it would be if a proper game company made a game like these life servers from scratch with millions of dollars of funding. Though I guess it would have to be indie so it isn't watered down or dumbed down like alot of games are.

Can you imagine a Life game built from scratch by a group of professional designers with alot of funding!

Edited by Dominance

Those are all very good ideas and most of them are planned!

I don't plan on using any addons though, so any new content such as models will have to rely on whatever is available in ArmA3 by default.

There's nothing stopping people from expanding upon my mission in the future with addons though ;)

http://s23.postimg.org/6etdi0skr/Stratis_RP.jpg (131 kB)

Currently working on vehicle interactions.

On a side note - Dear BIS, please include a model of a pile of money for ArmA3 or a briefcase, similar to what you had in ArmA2! I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Edited by zooloo75

Keep up the work man,if you need any helping testing give me a shout.Available any evenings

Sure, add me on Steam: Zooloo75.

^ This goes for anyone! :)

Update

-Added info bar that displays money, hunger, and wanted level.

-Owner vehicle interaction complete!

Todo: Non-Owner vehicle interaction

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

EDIT: Implemented sales tax. In the future it will be influenced by the mayors of the towns.

Town-based sales tax will encourage importing/exporting since you could buy cheap and sell high at a town which sells even higher :)

Edited by zooloo75

Nice work :) . The vehicle screen looks great, way better than the normal action menu thing .

Thanks Icewindo!

Hey zooloo added you on skype (Michael Tomasulo), down to help anyway I can.

Hey zooloo added you on skype (Michael Tomasulo), down to help anyway I can.

I don't use Skype (I have it, but I never get on).

Add me on Steam: Zooloo75.

You will find me on it whenever I'm available!

hahha misread it and found someone else with that name will add to steam now

Stratis_RP2.jpg

Player vehicle selling is now operational!

Ran into a problem of bad text scaling when UI size setting isn't set to small.

Edited by zooloo75

Fixed, lowered text sizes.

Added off-roading crime and framework for bounty and crime system.

When a player does a crime, it adds to their bounty. If appropriate, it adds a wanted level (wanted level increases from crime will have voice-acted police scanner responses according to the crime (voice acted by me personally :P)).

Also added more radio loops. Song is chosen at random when clicking Radio.

I am currently working on the bank system at the moment.

Stratis_RP3.jpg

Edited by zooloo75

Very cool, your making some good progress. I like the bar up the top with all the information, that's an improvement over current life servers where you have to push a button to see it.

I know I have seen some vehicle mods in different places for Arma 3, maybe you could ask the authors if you could use some of them? Though the Arma 3 Beta should be out soon and I assume there will be more vehicles with that too. Anyway, I look forward to playing this :)

Very cool, your making some good progress. I like the bar up the top with all the information, that's an improvement over current life servers where you have to push a button to see it.

I know I have seen some vehicle mods in different places for Arma 3, maybe you could ask the authors if you could use some of them? Though the Arma 3 Beta should be out soon and I assume there will be more vehicles with that too. Anyway, I look forward to playing this :)

Thanks for the compliment :)

I plan on making an addon-dependent version of the mission after release using content from the community on my own server.

Looking good man, if you need any help testing anything tomm. give me a shout free all day.

Thanks Vinny!

Just made the deposit and withdraw buttons functional. Now for wire transferring and interest.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Finished wire transfer!

Now for interest!