Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

VM_s-P3D_Export.mcr

Recommended Posts

I discovered VM_s-P3D_Export.mcr from the Arma 3 Modding Characters and cannot get it to work.

I can run the script ok, add it to the toolbar, run export.

This results in file with no extension. It then imports into Universal BI Studio TXT and from there O2 is deviod of any model at all.

Has anyone had any luck with this script yet?

Edited by shinkicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, can't say I've run into this problem with it before, does the file the exporter produces have any information in it? (Like if you open it in notepad, is there stuff in the file or is it blank?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmm, can't say I've run into this problem with it before, does the file the exporter produces have any information in it? (Like if you open it in notepad, is there stuff in the file or is it blank?)

Yes, the file had quite a lot of info in there. Let me grab some details and screenshots when I get back home later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the solution to your problem and mine! In the exporter you put "save as" you add a name and touche the "+" button and then save, then export, it produces a non format file but you can import it to O2 as txt file!

So basicaly import the nonformat file to O2 as Universal bistudio TXT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I find the solution to your problem and mine! In the exporter you put "save as" you add a name and touche the "+" button and then save, then export, it produces a non format file but you can import it to O2 as txt file!

So basicaly import the nonformat file to O2 as Universal bistudio TXT

Will try this now, (also forgot about this thread, so thanks for the response too stalkergb)

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

ok, I recently upgraded (new install) to 3ds 2013.

Installed the script again, followed foxtrop's method and this is the result, a text file containing:

:header

version 1.0

sharp SG

:lod "1.000"

:end

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

got it now, will make a video tutorial on this for anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

something go wrong in the exportation if things goes right it should be fulled of matrix numbers data, and texture paths.... IN MY METHOD I COMMIT AND ERROR YOU DONT NEED TO PUT SAVE, YOU SELECT THE OBJECT;P3dEXPORT;SAVEAS,"+"BUTTON; and EXPORT

other think to mention that could or could not make any diference I edited the script cause the path of the O2Patch wasnt right(BEFORE KNOWING HOW TO EXPORT) so i change this line

Local O2Path = "C:\\bis\\Oxygen\\O2Script.exe "

with the correct path of the Oxygen tool, im not sure if that mades any diference but if nothing works could be that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×