kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

The rucksack itself is a weapon IIRC. I'll check it all out in the next two weeks, sorry, I'm kinda busy :wink_o:

• Like 1

It is Januar 2019 and I digged out OFP after some years because of watching ARMA: Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis) campaign. Part 1 on youtube

Question: The PR MOD replaces this MOD? I cannot ask in the PR MOD Thread because it is closed - The Title says it is a total replacement.

Any known Issues with WW4 and Version 2.01 besides fwatch not working?

PR Mod and WW4Ext have almost nothing in common, apart from the fact that both use WW4 as their basis (so do other mods) and that I was involved to some extent with both. Total replacement is a type of mod which replaces vanilla units/models with it's own content. WW4 and WW4Ext are not total replacement mods, however if you'd like to see @kenoxite vision of what total replacement should be, please check out Extended Effects (ExtFX).

@barccy I haven't forgot about you! I'm still investigating the rucksack issue, I'm just kinda busy with real life, so sorry for taking so long!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A sad non-update of sorts.

First of all: from reading the files, I don't think that AIs were ever able to use bandages - should not really be a surprise since bandages were part of original Mapfact Rucksacks addon, along with other interesting features never introduced in WW4 Ext (like Mapfact's radio and tent systems). Still, I agree that bandages are useful, and should be integrated.

However, it seems to me that at the moment the AI rucksack management is completely broken altogether. Not only cannot AIs rearm (either from their own rucksacks, or ammo bearers), but rearming from fallen comrades will freeze the game. Since I don't really know what is happening in the scripts (everything looks fine and dandy), I'm unable at the moment to provide any solutions apart from don't use rucksacks with AI. If anyone have any ideas, feel free to post them - help is appreciated.

In other news, I posted an outdated hotfix on ModDB. It fixes issues with FWatch and Personal Menu, which Kenoxite posted here in 2016. Since not everyone reads these forums, I hope some will find that useful.

• Like 2

Hello @kenoxite, thank you very much for this excellent, and fantastic mod! And all those who made it possible! 😄

I'm doing this post, because I want to do a mod of my country's military units. But I have encountered a problem...

I don't know how to make the units of my mod compatible with your awesome mod.

Example:

V7PePeK.png

Is there any way to solve this problem? Or is it very complicated? Thank you!

@Hideki Ishimura What's exactly the problem? The difference in appearance of both units? If so, WW4 Ext uses Kenoxite's excellent (or terrible, depends on personal preference) OFP Materials. Standalone version of OFP Materials contains example files for addon makers, to assist in creating Materials-compatible mods.

I had some issues with the installation:

• It requires two hotfixes (which isn't mentioned in the first post) and your own fixes
  • Link to "copy.com"  doesn't work
  • Link to "detailed instructions" in the first post is incorrect (should be page 3 instead of page 4)
  • Installers copies outdated OFP Aspect Ratio version (the one which relied on modified configs)
  • WGL Cloudlets aren't installed if you uncheck Aspect Ratio option
  • ZIP archives contain "_Missions Tests and Demos" and "KZO rabbit hunt" but the installer doesn't seem to have it

I've repackaged the files for a painless installation:

WW4_EXT

WW4_EXT_VEH

WW4EXT_CW

WW4EXT_ARCTIC

Also added this mod to the list of availabe mods on the Game Schedule website.

Thanks to @krzychuzokecia for help.

===

Further fixes:

• Krzychuzokecia fixed AV8B_A1.pbo so that it doesn't crash dedicated server with bad texture format
  • Random weather nofog was causing a syntax error on the client
  • Static MG kord wasn't firing at the enemy infantry
  • Static M60, M240, PKM couldn't hit enemy infantry so I lowered dispersion, however, enemy still doesn't fire back at them
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks faguss,

I looked at all the files I have archived for this and it is a mess. Your repackage will make installing much simpler.

I search "MLRS" and find this topic. I wish to know the className of MLRS (or M270) vehicle in this mod. I can't find it in Mission Editor or in CONFIG files.

Well, if you found mentions of MLRS in this topic, you should also find out that it's a mode for virtual artillery module. As such it should be rather obvious, there's no physical M270 unit.

These two videos should clear up your confusion:

And a follow up:

• Like 1

Alright. I'm unfamiliar with this mod thus have some misunderstand. Good videos. Very clear in displaying the module.

Since the trajectory is calculable now, I'd like to introduce it into CTI. There is a TOS-1 from DKMM mod, and I'm looking for M270 unit for WEST side. All M270 for OFP I can found are two, one is in COC mod, and another very old one looks same as in COC. Both of them are rough, but if I can't get more I'll use them.

Has anyone noticed WW4Ext isn't very responsive and becomes even less so when fwatch is running? The reload and slow walk require multiple and inconsistent number of key presses to activate the animations. I've never noticed it before, and wonder if it might have something to do with recent windows 10 18362 update. I tried running base game and other mods and they worked fine. Then used a previous manual install of ww4 ext which has the same problem as the current one.

No problems on Win7, with FWatch. How it works with just WW4 (without Ext)? WW4Ext doesn't change anything in terms of animations (WW4 alone provides them), so either it should also happen on WW4, or for some weird reason Win10 doesn't like Ext.

Edit: have you had any Ext specific features (rucksacks or effects) enabled?

What I did in that video was just place a unit on the map and start playing around, but I'm loading up missions I've made in the past that have enabled features, and I'm not seeing the problems so far. I'm not sure what's going on.

So in missions it works okay? I'm shooting blanks here, but maybe it's related to this particular unit, or Desert Island. Also, maybe the materials are an issue, since this is only thing that can affect performance - try disabling them.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:11 PM, CTI player IF said:

Alright. I'm unfamiliar with this mod thus have some misunderstand. Good videos. Very clear in displaying the module.

Since the trajectory is calculable now, I'd like to introduce it into CTI. There is a TOS-1 from DKMM mod, and I'm looking for M270 unit for WEST side. All M270 for OFP I can found are two, one is in COC mod, and another very old one looks same as in COC. Both of them are rough, but if I can't get more I'll use them.

I've managed to complete that (phisical) artillery module in CTI. A video for displaying.

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Hi,

since this thread is still somewhat active and I recently reinstalled CWA and WW4 Extended, I'd like to know if there are any CTI style MPMissions out there to play with WW4 Extended?

Can someone help me please?

Hello everyone, I would like to share a beta version of my Operation: Iron Fist campaign for WW4EXT - Arctic Expansion, I thought I would post it here rather than create a new thread.

As far as I know, the missions are all in working order and there are no real errors. So far, the missions just go from one to the next, I haven't created a scoring system or game over conditions. I am planning to implement a scoring system  in future, so that Colonel Blake will give you a bollocking if you mess up or praise you if you do well. I'm just focusing on testing at the moment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UHZqWTq7V2LzSwUEN5GjyXIrr8BEhg7p/view?usp=sharing

Updated file 16/11/20 - Version 1.0

Edited by Apocalypse 83
Update
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1