kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

I've been having a small problem with the Support features.

http://i.imgur.com/yGt1uVg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KtcFJ4j.jpg

I've read all the instructions and I think I've got the hang of everything, but when I use the Force Radio option it won't recognise the fact that I have a radio and/or RTO soldier in my group. I've tried writing the codes into the other gamelogics, then an init file with same results, with and without personal menu. Ideally I would like to have the option of needing a radio ww4_radio in the group to be able to call in support. I tried setting the default radio to "ww4_radio", but no joy. I haven't tinkered with the weapon loadouts either. Everything works great apart from that.

I've read all the instructions and I think I've got the hang of everything, but when I use the Force Radio option it won't recognise the fact that I have a radio and/or RTO soldier in my group.

You're right. That was an oversight. While I was previously checking for RTOs in the group, after the force radio check I only checked for vehicles in the group, ommiting the prevoius RTO check. It's now corrected. Get this file and place it in WW4_EXT\addons (overwritting the existing one).

• Like 2

Alrighty. So. I tried to use the installer that gets rid of almost all the work. Problem is. There has been a few times where I completely wiped my arma game. So the installer has a folder that I completely forgot to remove and it tries to repair my game. Problem is it brings up this weird error http://i.imgur.com/xxXXlef.png?1

Here is the folder I cannot find and/or delete http://i.imgur.com/2llcfhj.png?1

So what do I do? 

Alrighty. So. I tried to use the installer that gets rid of almost all the work. Problem is. There has been a few times where I completely wiped my arma game. So the installer has a folder that I completely forgot to remove and it tries to repair my game. Problem is it brings up this weird error http://i.imgur.com/xxXXlef.png?1

Here is the folder I cannot find and/or delete http://i.imgur.com/2llcfhj.png?1

So what do I do? 

The folder from the second screenshot only contains a bunch of shortcuts. It's placed in the windows menu just for convenience (to start the mod, read the documentation, etc). If the installer doesn't remove it you can simply delete it manually.

You can either right click on it in the windows menu and select "delete" or however the option is called to eliminate the folder. The menu might look like this for windows 7 or below, or like this for windows 10 (inside the "All Apps" in the lower left corner).

Or you can navigate with Windows Explorer to where it's located and delete it there (for me it's in: C:\Users\<My User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OFP & CWA mods).

As for the installer being able to damage your OFP/CWA installation, that's not possible. If anything, you might end up installing the mod expansion in the wrong place. The installer only installs the aforementioned folder with shortcuts in the windows menu, some shortcuts on the desktop (both of these are optional anyway) and the mod folders per se, which are: WW4_EXT, WW4_EXT_VEH, WW4EXT_CW and WW4EXT_ARCTIC. You can also choose to install vanilla WW4 (@ww4mod25).

And you can check what's installed and how by checking yourself the script I use with Inno Setup to create the installer.

But if you still have problems with the installer you can always use the proved zip files instead.

Thank you very much. I didn't know I could use the explorer to find it. Thanks for helping me out! :D

Oh, and the first picture you really haven't made mention of. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Since I can't use any kind of / or \ if it's calling for me to include the C: drive

Oh, and the first picture you really haven't made mention of. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Since I can't use any kind of / or \ if it's calling for me to include the C: drive

You seem to be having the same problem spirit_jat reported time ago (his sshot for comparison). TBH I'm not sure what's causing that.

Do you have CWA installed in C or is it in another drive? Is there anything unusual with the pathing of where it is installed? Do you use steam? Is it CWA installed in the same drive as Steam does? Just give me some extra info. I'm about to create the next installer and I'd like to sort this out before proceeding. I thought it had to do with some kind of incompatibility when reading paths when your system was in russian, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I will use a new version of Inno Setup that works with unicode characters, though, just in case.

Dear developers. Your mod are amazing. Play it like a mad. It's like ACE mod for OFP. So brilliant. But have one question:

Is it possible to add DSAI (Dynamic sound for AI). Cause everything are so cool in mod, but with DSAI it will be TOTALLY PERFECT! Do you plan to add this stuff in the feature updates or it will be not?  :z:

• Like 1

I made a complete clean install of Cold war Assault on my computer. It seems typical as it is loaded in the usual folder where games go. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault

Dear developers. Your mod are amazing. Play it like a mad. It's like ACE mod for OFP. So brilliant. But have one question:

Is it possible to add DSAI (Dynamic sound for AI). Cause everything are so cool in mod, but with DSAI it will be TOTALLY PERFECT! Do you plan to add this stuff in the feature updates or it will be not?  :z:

That would be nice, idd. But I'm afraid it's not planned.

There's an alternative, though, which is Drongo's Toolkit Voices - standalone DSAI. As it doesn't have 100% control over a mission's units it's not as responsive as ECP built-in DSAI (they don't comment on everything). But, unlike ECP's, it allows you to give any faction any language, not just english for west and russian for east.

I made a complete clean install of Cold war Assault on my computer. It seems typical as it is loaded in the usual folder where games go. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault

OK. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2

Hi,

When I shoot with AGS from BMD-3\BMP-3 I have some freezes from first view and BMD-3\BMP-3 moving back...

Also, ATGM on BMD and BMP reloading very fast, it's planned?

Also [2], BTR-80 moving looks like tank, not wheleed vehicle.

Static ZU-22M1 not destroying and have in action menu action to switch weapon (why not on space?)

AKS-74 looks like AKMS.

• Like 1

1. Honestly I never encountered it. I think it may be related to system performance and sounds - it looks like sounds are not preloaded when starting game/mission, so when you fire a weapon, game needs to load it's firing (and hitting) sounds into memory. This can cause slight lags (it is clearly visible when using Gatling-type weapons, regardless of addon/mod).

2. It takes between 15 (BMP-3) to 20 (BMP-1) seconds. While it's faster than in real life (especially in case of BMP-1 where reloading Malyutkas is PITA), it's still reasonable (IMHO) from a gameplay perspective. Heck, some CTI addons allowed BMPs and other IFVs to fire their ATGMs in a John Wayne, 0 second reload time!

3. It's like that since Sanctuary added his BTR-899 to WW4. Reason is that Car base class in OFP/CWA have many limitations. You can add a shitload of scripts to try to overcome them, or just base your APCs from APC base class and live with it. So it's rather a feature than bug.

4. Both issues are known, and destroying thing will be fixed in next patch.

5. That's also a leftover from Sanc's WW4. In fact it looks like AK-74 with shortened barrel and AKMS stock. Weird mutant, however currently we don't plan to add new weapon models. Maybe in future.

Sounds for me weren't always a problem. But the card I have now doesn't seem to like OFP. Anything with a high rate of fire will stutter occasionally. Despite the fact the frame rate is smooth and fluid.

To reinforce what Krzy said. Configuring cars as tanks is the only way to get them to behave like an armoured vehicle. The Arma series still doesn't have a global mass system. Where an objects own mass determines how they interact with the environment. It's class based. Even with scripting it's almost impossible to make a wheeled armoured vehicle. Even if it weighs a million tons, it'll still get bumped from road signs and individual trees.

So the best you can do is either put up with the limitations in the car class, to have functioning wheels, but no missiles.

Or make it a tank and deal with the inherent limitations like turning on a central axis. Although you gain missile weapons.

• Like 1

When I shoot with AGS from BMD-3\BMP-3 I have some freezes from first view and BMD-3\BMP-3 moving back...

Apart from what Macser mentions, AGS are an FPS hog when you use the default OFP particle effects for explosive rounds. Stutters also happen with vanilla M2A2 if you fire in front of you in first person.

Also, ATGM on BMD and BMP reloading very fast, it's planned?

This is actually fixed in the next patch

2. It takes between 15 (BMP-3) to 20 (BMP-1) seconds. While it's faster than in real life (especially in case of BMP-1 where rel

Krzy, this is only fixed in our development version :P

Sounds for me weren't always a problem. But the card I have now doesn't seem to like OFP. Anything with a high rate of fire will stutter occasionally. Despite the fact the frame rate is smooth and fluid.

To reinforce what Krzy said. Configuring cars as tanks is the only way to get them to behave like an armoured vehicle. The Arma series still doesn't have a global mass system. Where an objects own mass determines how they interact with the environment. It's class based. Even with scripting it's almost impossible to make a wheeled armoured vehicle. Even if it weighs a million tons, it'll still get bumped from road signs and individual trees.

So the best you can do is either put up with the limitations in the car class, to have functioning wheels, but no missiles.

Or make it a tank and deal with the inherent limitations like turning on a central axis. Although you gain missile weapons.

There's also other limitations when you derive wheeled APCs from Car instead of Tank, such as not being able to have a commander position in the vehicle, having to use some tricks so the gunner view works as intended (for the stryker the gunner view is actually only available in 3rd person), and probably others I don't recall right now. It's a pity that we can't have proper wheeled apcs in OFP.

And actually the BTR config as a tank isn't something from WW4 proper, but from VIT's own config, which Sanctuary used for his BTR-999.

Krzy, this is only fixed in our development version :P

So, it's not an issue already, isn't it? :P

I wonder how fast it was before change. CTI John Wayne fast?

I wonder how fast it was before change. CTI John Wayne fast?

More like ludicrous speed.

• Like 1

Hi and grats for this excellent mod.

I am trying to port cleanrock's CTI missions to WW4 EXT. I tried with a BIS only crcti mission. Everything seems fine with infantry but there are some problems with vehicles. If a human player buys a vehicle with at least one AI crew and boards it, player "warps" to another "dimension". Everyone else can see him frozen outside vehicle and vehicle is frozen too. Even if we kill them he remains desynced (he moves after long delays). The same problem seems to happen in some BIS_Dynamic missions for WW4 mod, especially when we buy an empty M1A2 tank. I dont use a dedicated server but a client-server on a LAN. By the way, WW4 EXT works fine with DVD and res-x, res-z mods on crcti missions, as long as you dont change any units (i use only the player menu logic). Are there any suggestions?

Hi their,

Love the ww4 2.5 mod+ext!! More then nice work, incl. weapons, units and vehicle. It's the best of OFP/Arma!

I'm was running ww4 2.5 v0.8 for a long time now and with still making some missions from time to time I wanna upgrade tot v1.1.

So got the mod v1.1 running (that's with the "Mi-2 expension" and without "cold war" & "artic" expension).

To be clear, I'm still running OFP 1.96 and not Arma 1.99...

But I get an pretty long error on screen, once I test the pack and blow up a WW4 unit:

"_pos=[getposASL #_unit select 0,getposASL _unit select 1,(getposASL _unit select 2)+1.3]; Error unknown operator _unit"

Got a printscreen to, but no idea how to load it up into this blog.

Maybe I need to combine with the ww4 "cold war" & "artic" expension?

Or the fact that I still use OFP 1.96?

Or maybe a mismatch with other addons? (by the way, never had this with ww4 v0.8)

Addons I use:

@afghan pack (afghaneveron/afganO/indukush/taleb)

@Africa pack (BAS_TSF)

@civilian vehicles (Awmmerc/CadilladE/ChallengVP/DMX_police/explorers/gaz24mx/gaz53a/hum2/hum2bl/hum2spc/humm2/mersed1/mustang_GTR/pksmzk/tahoe/vipgts)

@Russian pack (BD_grenadepack/Castro/DKMM_RSC/DSF_RUSOPFOR/DSHK/euro_res/HRVmi24/icpweapons/ka27/ka-52/kegrpg7/mi2no/owp_mi26/pcprison/RHS_crewpack/RHS_FSB/RHS_Gaz66/RHS_hind/RHS_OMON/RHS_SOBR/RHS_T72A/RHS_VDV/RHS_Vityaz/RHS_weappack/rktbackfire/rktmig23/rktmig27/rktnmig21/rktsu24/rktsu27/rktsu33/SA_rebels/SFM_Urals/Vit_mi24)

@US pack (ac130/BAS_MH47/BAS_MaH60/BAS_kawa/Bas_rusopfor/Bas_soar/bas_weap/casfsoldier/CBT_bradley pack/CBT_HMMWV pack/CBT_M113 pack/CBT_M977/CBT_M978/CSJuh1/DSL_a10/editor103/facetext2/GNT_B52/HWK_C130/HYK_BISfaces/HYK_OPFOR/HYK_USsol/ikar_F14/INQ_M1/JAM_Magazines/JAM_sounds/JAM_vehicles/LSR_awp/Militarytent/MP_artict5t/MP_desert5t/MP_nato5t/MPIV_AH64/oldtruck/OS_minigun/prph_uh1n/RAD_F18/RAF_Tornado/rkt15e/rktf4/rktf16/rktnavphan/rktskyraider/rktomcat/SEF_CH-53/SEF_LAV/TMD_F117/Vit_AH1W)

Any ideas? let me know!

Kenoxite or Krzy will confirm or deny. But I think it's because of your version.

"_pos=[getposASL #_unit select 0,getposASL _unit select 1,(getposASL _unit select 2)+1.3]; Error unknown operator _unit"

getposASL was only introduced in 1.99. 1.96 uses the getpos or setpos commands, so it won't recognise it.

• Like 1

Thx Macser for you information.

After your post I did the following:

- Removed all addons...

- Did a clean re-install ofp 1.96

- Install ww4mod2.5 and ww4ext 1.0

- removed ww4ext_inf_cfg (cwa version) and replaced it with the ww4ext_inf_cfg.OFP version... of course I made it a readable .pbo file...

- I kept all the extra addons included with ww4 (like BIScamel & Kodiak island, which I both don't use and are not likely to use in the near future).

- I made ww4 the last on in my startupline: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@civ;@us;@rus;@afg;@afr;@ww4mod25;@ww4ext;ww4ext_artic;@ww4ext_cw;@ww4ext_veh

- I added the other addons again... 

Result is that I still get the error:

But the error only comes once I destroy any Ww4 person of vehicle. If I don't destroy anything, the mod work beyond my hope!

So the only option is updating to 1.99?

May be an important detail, after the install of WW4mod+WW4Ext I didn't removed the config.cpp or resource.cpp files.

Do I have to overwrite the original one?

Question about the ww4EXT_Veh pack...

It has the  MCAR_engine (date 2015 and 55kb) included. I read in al the post that kenoxite used the latest version of MCAR_engine...

But in my other addon folder I HAD (not having anymore): MCAR_engine (date 2006 and 90kb)...

So I use the one that is provided by WW4EXT mod. Do I need to use the other one? I ask only because the size of the older file is bigger.

Let me know!

3 hours ago, Tango56 said:

I can't make comments based on anything other than what I know to be true. I'm not an experienced coder, and scripting is definitely not one of my strong suits.But, having said that, the scripting commands for either version are set in stone. If a build of an engine does not have provision for a command it will cause an error when a script is run, using it. There is no provision for GetPosAsl in 1.96. The engine only recognises GetPos. 1.99 on the other hand will accept both. Short of changing the script and replacing the GetposAsl command with GetPos, the only option is using 1.99. Those are the only methods I can see, which would cure the error.

As far as I know, the returned position is more accurate for GetPosAsl. Even though Getpos worked/works, it occasionally needs some "assitance" where sea level is taken into consideration.  :smile_o:

getposASL is a scripting command in 1.99 and is not recognized in 1.96.

From what I recall kenoxite made a 1.96 patch. You'll need to get that or run what you have with 1.99

Sorry, only two choices.

Is there any way to use WW4(mod25) models to work with ECP (1.085 w/ patch not REDUX)? I am able to use the animations but the infantry and vehicle models just fail to work. Still stuck at vanilla/stock BIS textures. If anyone could lend me a hand, it would be much appreciated! I'm also running CAM's DSAI extension mod along with Mikero's editor103. I'm not much of a modding expert. The most I can do is extract and edit as a player.

Edited by Marc13Bautista