kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

Which features, and what was the error? For my part everything works fine without Fwatch - I only get notification about missing Fwatch (which only means that menus such as Personal Menu, or Zeroing Dialog, are accessible via action menu and not keyboard).

As for the AI detecting ranges, this post sums it all. In my experience whole thing works as intended: I can sneak up undetected to rookie irregulars, and even SF units, but when I'll fire they'll find me. In case of SF combatants - pretty soon.

Also remember that when AI units detect your presence (and shooting a loud sniper rifle is an announcement nobody can miss), that doesn't mean they recognize you. You can check it with US SOF Undercover units - during night these can walk just past enemy patrols (no sneaking!), and still won't get shot at if they will leave the area swiftly. But when they will roam for longer period of time, enemy will discover the deception and promptly kill the spy.

And you could always had used vanilla BI civillians, instead of EXT ones, who don't share EXT values of identification and detection.

Sight switching and zeroing options don't show in the action menu for me without using FWatch.

Also, if no one else mentioned it, at least in previous versions, AI infantry in cargo of a helicopter couldn't dismount until the engine had stopped.

• Like 1

Sight switching and zeroing options don't show in the action menu for me without using FWatch.

Also, if no one else mentioned it, at least in previous versions, AI infantry in cargo of a helicopter couldn't dismount until the engine had stopped.

Thanks for reporting. Something must have broken in one of the updates. I remember all this working before, with and without Fwatch.

As for the dismounting, I don't recall noticing that problem. Is the leader of the troublesome groups a player or another AI? Was the dismount set by script or through waypoints?

The bad news is my current time constrain. It's highly likely that I won't be able to devote any serious time to things like this up until around the end of this year (maybe more, unlikely less). But there might be a gap around july where I can go through all the reported scripting related bugs (yours and Spirit_Jat's), to fix then and test for any further problem. Krzy will handle the rest in the meantime, though.

Thanks for reporting. Something must have broken in one of the updates. I remember all this working before, with and without Fwatch.

As for the dismounting, I don't recall noticing that problem. Is the leader of the troublesome groups a player or another AI? Was the dismount set by script or through waypoints?

Also, I never noticed bleeding occurring, but don't know if that requires a separate logic or script.

The problem with the helicopters that I encountered was during a MP mission with the previous version (1.01 I think?) where I as a player ordered my group (all of us in cargo), consisting of one other player and multiple AI to dismount from a player controlled helicopter. There were no waypoints or scripts. I just tried to replicate it in single player with both script and waypoint in current version and was unsuccessful. I'll try it out next time I can get into an MP game.

• Like 1

1. Scope zeroing and backup sights - for the moment I only know that enabling Personal Menu makes actions for these two features disappear. Without PM both work as intended.

2. Bleeding - isn't this gore enough? And no - we haven't introduced any additional bleeding effects like ECP did (there's a hit shock effect that will force you to prone when you've been hit by rifle big enough, but that's it).

3. Disembark problem - this is probably OFP/CWA being OFP/CWA during MP games with AI team mates. It happened to me a lot with various addons/mods (BAS and FDF recently). In such case two things can help - killing AI pilot, or pilot disembarking from vehicle when he's player controlled.

• Like 1

Anyone got another link for the hotfixes? Both the main WW4 Extended and Arctic iirc. Would greatly appreciate if you could help. I'm so late to the OFP modding scene, sucks most links are dead.

Anyone got another link for the hotfixes? Both the main WW4 Extended and Arctic iirc. Would greatly appreciate if you could help. I'm so late to the OFP modding scene, sucks most links are dead.

Edit: Omg, I ended up double posting. I'm so sorry, is there any way to delete this? I've got an abysmal internet, I didn't know I ended up posting two.

It's here. Package contains both hotfixes - for main EXT and for Arctic. And since Kenoxite may be away for a while, and I'm otherwise unable to change first post in this thread, consider our ModDB page as a main source of latest updates (note that I'll still post them up here, just I can't list them in first post).

It's here. Package contains both hotfixes - for main EXT and for Arctic. And since Kenoxite may be away for a while, and I'm otherwise unable to change first post in this thread, consider our ModDB page as a main source of latest updates (note that I'll still post them up here, just I can't list them in first post).

Thank you very much, mate. Cheers to you! :D

I didn't kno youw guys had  a ModDB page I'll be sure to check them out there in the future. Great work you guys did btw, giving an old game new life.

Mind if I ask what the non bundled 3rd party addons are? I already donloaded ww4_ext3p and the mi2no but I seem to lack ww4_bas_mh60 or something like that.

The BAS H-60 plugin is discontinued - since EXT 1.0 all Blackhawk variants use models ported from ArmA. Legacy classnames are still there so you shouldn't have any problems with running missions using this plugin (but on the other hand 1.0 changed a lot stuff so it's up to mission maker to fix any existing problems).

I see, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm gonna have to fix it myself, it seems the mission maker doesn't go in the forums anymore.

Do you plan on including Apocalypse83's campaign in the next release? Can't wait for a full campaign on an arctic setting.

Unfortunately Apocalypse have dissappeared. He never released any other missions from his campaign, apart from the one you can already play.

Unfortunately Apocalypse have dissappeared. He never released any other missions from his campaign, apart from the one you can already play.

Here I am...

Hi mate, sorry about going AWOL. My PC packed up a while back, I was on Windows XP. Couldn't get any updates and couldn't even start the game up. Very disappointing. The good news is I recently got myself a refurbished PC with Windows 7 and I can now play the game without fear of crashes and system fail. (Which used to be a regular thing playing on XP)

I didn't want to make a big scene about returning just yet, I've been doing my thing with WW4EXT in the mission editor and having lots of fun. Couldn't be happier with the progress, and I mean that quite literally, two fists in the air type happy.

Do you plan on including Apocalypse83's campaign in the next release? Can't wait for a full campaign on an arctic setting.

This has been one of the things I've been working on in the editor and is something I want to complete. Will only be about 10 missions merged into a campaign. It will take me some time, I lost quite a lot of work that I had saved on cloud a while back.

Oooh, this is great news to hear. I'm glad you're back :D

This has been one of the things I've been working on in the editor and is something I want to complete. Will only be about 10 missions merged into a campaign. It will take me some time, I lost quite a lot of work that I had saved on cloud a while back.

• Like 1

Great to see you back Apoc! I'm sure that soon you'll put some quality stuff. Good luck!

• Like 1

Some problem with commander position in safe mode in T-90A:

2JNW4jEAbG4.jpg

Also problem with Kobra sight (visible border):

ujGZChBlRBA.jpg 

• Like 2

1. Noted.

2. Frankly I don't see any problem here - could you highlight on picture what's bothering you?

As always - thanks for report!

Maybe he means the slight transparency near the top of the sight. I thought that was intentional though. A rough simulation of the way near objects get blurred and partially transparent when the eyes aren't focused on them. Besides giving a bit more situational awareness.

• Like 1

If that's the case, that's a leftover from the original WW4 sights. Most of them are solid black, though.

This is something we discussed previously. I personally like some transparency to simulate the stereoscopic view and to help a bit with aiming (see the WGL sights as an example), but krzy liked it plain solid (as most of the WW4 ones already are). So, they stayed this way. I guess spirit_jat is on the same camp as krzy regarding sight transparency.

• Like 1

Macser right, I mean the slight transparency near the top (and down) of the sight.

I like the transparency, simulates the eye blur effect. Basically what Macser said.

I'm getting duplicates of the < Self Heal > action when exiting a vehicle. This happens with all medical units, medics and spec ops. I'm all patched up including the hotfix.

• Like 3

1. Anyway, even when I'm not a fan of transparency, it's not going to change - it's part of EXT WW4 legacy which we're proud of it ;)

2. Known issue with OFP engine handling user actions.

Cheers, I thought that might have been known so I snuck it in with a comment on the visuals.

I forgot to mention, I use Fwatch to make the EXT personal menu available and discreet, but I've been getting errors.

http://i.imgur.com/eUVlaGb.jpg

I tried deleting the ww4ext notepad file in the fwatch folder and starting again, but the error keeps coming. I noticed this happened after fwatch updated to 1.4. Is anyone else using the personal menu with fwatch noticing this?

• Like 1