kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

I don't know name of this camouflage on your screens, I think, my texture is more realistic than it. (That's not a MARPAT)

Looks like some photos from last ODKB training: PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto.

And, 6B43 on you second screen in VSR-98 "Flora" camouflage, in real life 6B43 never be created in VSR-98 color, only Digital Flora.

About FSB - it's just idea, you can don't retexture.

Some photos of FSB (than and now):  PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto, Photo, Photo, Photo.

Also, on the screens I find some new optic sight, looks like PK-A, yep?

That's good.

The texture used in both desert versions is the same used by the russian infantry unit from vanilla WW4. I think Sanctuary called it just "VSR desert".

So, about the OBDK, what about making the VDV units use that one and keep the current one for RF army guys? It would help distinguish them and give the VDV a more modern and more well equipped look. Not sure how that ODKB texture will look in-game once downsized, though. I did a test with the SURPAT (?) and it looked like shit. Too many artifacts, making the texture look blurry and dirty. This also happened with the digital flora one, that's why initialy it was bigger than now. But, fortunatly, it's harder to see the glitches with all that green.

The vest they use seems to be an UCP copycat, though. I guess I could go ahead and retexture the current vest with an UCP texture.

And, yes, most CT multicam units use AK-74Ms with that sight. There's a lot of vanilla WW4 weapons and variants that are still unused, and this was a good opportunity to use those.

With all that said, I'm afraid the release won't happen today, as I was planning. I haven't been able to advance much with this late hour changes plus the fact that I had the kid around all afternoon. So the release will be tomorrow, unless something unexpected happens again.

And BTW, when I said more desert variants would be overkill I was referring to the main Extended project. I'm more than happy to see new units being published by others. Also, if you need a template (in GIMP format) for any new texture or tweaks you want to make just ask me and I'll send it to you. The same goes for models. This way we all make sure you guys use the latest versions of both textures and models (which have been further optimized for the next release). I was going to release all the MLOD version of the p3ds and the gimp texture masters, but I've never managed to do it. Mostly because there's so many of them that it would take forever to make it presentable for public release. Anyway, if you or anybody needs anything just ask me or Krzy (if/when he comes back from wherever he is).

WW4 Extended updated to v.1.1

This update includes several additions and tweaks, regarding models, gameplay and other features.

Units and objects
There's now a desert version of the VDV infantry and a multicam version of the russian counter terrorism units. Russian infantry units in general have also been updated to keep a more coherent and realistic look, also adding some missing unit classes (such as off-duty soldiers) that weren't available due to the fact that they were previously using vanilla WW4 units.

Arctic units now have at their disposal new vehicles, such as arctic versions of BRDM-2, BTR-80 and HMMWV TOW, and the M2 machinegun is now available to all sides.
There's also a few new objects available. Some are ports from vanilla OFP ones and others are thematic variants (desert, arctic) of some of the already existing objects.

New optional features
A few optional logics to enable some new features have been created for this version. Namely, the ability to change the ammo of all the infantry units of a given side from normal magazines to HD ones, and the abilty to enable dust cloudlets for infantry steps, weapons firing and bullets impacting, and so on.

Performance
Every single infantry unit has been painstakingly revised to both streamline them further and revise both faces and section count. To the extent that most of them are now even more performance friendly than the vanilla WW4 counterparts.

Gameplay
Body armor and rifle ammo values have been revised to perform more coherently. Among other things, helmets now aren't the invincible shields that were before.

All the recoils for infantry weaponry have been revised to either make it more noticeable or decrease it where they were too much incontrolable (this affected mainly to 7.62 magazine based weapons). New recoils with much increased effect have been created for the high dispersion (HD) variants. Units using this type of magazines will now behave like inexperienced or weak shooters. Due to this, it is now advisable to swap mags to HD for insurgent-like factions (by using the previously mentioned HD logic).

Missions
The existing previous missions have been revised and updated to use some of the new features and objects. Inconsistencies caused by the launch of version 1.0, causing some missions not to behave as they should, should be corrected now.

There's also a new multiplayer mission available (2 player coop), using the b7.1.1 update for the CCE2 engine by Drongo69. As always with CCE2 we're talking here about a dynamic mission regarding COIN operations, this time featuring USMC Recon vs Middle East insurgents in Desert Everon. Minor tweaks have been made to make it work properly with WW4 Extended. You can also play solo by launching a LAN server (so you can respawn after your inevitable death), or move the mission to the "missions" folder (and play it like any other singleplayer mission).

More info and download links in the first post.

Changelog - Main

v.1.1

Logics and scripts
NEW: (untested in MP) Optional logic to enable dust effects (infantry steps, weapon fire, bullet hit, AT launcher fire, etc)
NEW: Game logics that automatically replace infantry ammo with HD variants (both normal and ruck ammo), found in Unit Scripts logic group. It's my old script to replace HD WW4 mags, updated to ext and with added ruck mag support. The script can also be accessed directly to only assign HD to a given unit or group (found in \ww4ext_scripts\hdammoww4ext.sqs)
NEW: (untested in MP) Game Logic "Enable fixed speed limit for vehicles" (in Unit Scripts logics), which limits the speed of vehicles to a fixed maximum when their group speed is set to "LIMITED" (it uses a new script: limitedspeed.sqs, the idea is to enhance the chances vehicles -particularly helos- have to engage enemies while on patrol)
NEW: (untested in MP) Auto-smoke script that emulates a smoke grenade throw without locking the unit in the "the stars are so beautiful today" mode. This script replaces the old smoke throwing one.
NEW: (untested in MP) Auto-flares script that emulates a unit shooting a flare without locking the unit in the "the stars are so beautiful today" mode. This script replaces the old flare shooting one.
NEW: Ability to easily change the faces used by a group through the new changefaces.sqs script
FIX: Fixed dropping two ruck mags instead of one when unit starts assigned to a vehicle
FIX: Fixed some harmless (but annoying) errors related to the init scripts of units that either die or are deleted after spawn
FIX: Face count for tropical faces in ww4ext_faces scripts should be correct now
FIX: Fixed "Self heal" action menu spam when respawning in MP
CHANGE: Updated face scripts to support: army white, specop white, army black and camo black
CHANGE: Smoke grenade scripts now don't replace BIS smk gr with a WW4 one (so the BIS one is used all the way)
CHANGE: bulletcracks.sqs is now deprecated. There's a new shoteffects.sqs script that deals both with bullet cracks and dust effects
CHANGE: Chance to throw a smoke grenade on hit reduced from 80 to 60%
CHANGE: Significantly reduced chance of going for a little sprint and then lie down when shot at while crawling
CHANGE: Significantly reduced chance for harmless (but annoying) error when unit tries to throw smoke towards a unit that is either dead or deleted
CHANGE: You'll be warned of how many calls for support missions are left when they are not unlimited (for CAS, fire and transport support)

Infantry
NEW: Desert russian crew, pilot, pilot helo and off duty
NEW: Russian flora off duty
NEW: Russian Counter Intelligence units in multicam
NEW: VDV in desert version
FIX: Fixed class name for squad leaders in VDV mechanized groups
FIX: Multicam crew and pilot were using the UCP model
FIX: US SR SF RTO had wrong magazines assigned
FIX: Replaced VOG grenades with 9x39 mags for CT Russian TL (rifle doesn't have GL)
FIX: Recon TL assistant had wrong magazines assigned (SD instead of normal ones)
FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
FIX: Changed prefix for guerrilla grenadier (flares) from WW4EXT_GUER to WW4EXT_GUE. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible. This should give some performance boost
CHANGE: New models for russian motorized rifle desert and flora, as well as pilots and crew flora and digiflora
CHANGE: New models and textures for russian VDV flora (rifle and crew) and crew digiflora
CHANGE: Replaced a couple 9x39 mags with a couple smoke grenades for CT Russian Assistant TL
CHANGE: Revised body armor values. Helmets are now less protective than before (now the most advanced ones can only protect up to two 7.62 shots)
CHANGE: Russian CT medic now uses the new Bizon
CHANGE: Loadout definitions increased to incorporate several 556BA assignments
CHANGE: Moved slots and unit icon definitions to definitions.hpp in inf cfg pbo
CHANGE: Removed camo face from recon multicam units
CHANGE: New model for russian CT units
CHANGE: Digital flora texture toned down and tweaked in general

Vehicles
NEW: M2 Static (stand up) for all sides
FIX: Stryker MEV able to heal now
FIX: Fixed stryker and harrier compatibility issues with dedicated servers
FIX: WW4EXT_5TA (ammo truck) renamed to WW4EXT_5TAm, so it doesn't get overwritten by the arctic one
FIX: Shilka now uses the "tank" UI display instead of the "ship" one
FIX: Added missing zamerny point to the BTR-80s
FIX: Cargo positions for Zils should be correct now (previously they were too elevated)
FIX: Added missing proxies in cargo view and fire geo for units riding BMP2s on top. Several fixes to the geometry of the BMP2 in cargo view
FIX: Several fixes to Toyota models, including alpha sorting and a couple missing proxies
CHANGE: Several changes and fixes to Toyotas, including increasing passenger capacity for transport version to 10 (it was 7), with a total crew of 11, and for dshk version to 3 (it was 1), with a total crew of 5
CHANGE: Disabled being able to turn out for the shilka driver (same as in vanilla shilka)
CHANGE: Revised and cleaned model for BRDM-2
CHANGE: T-90 Shtora system now only deflects missiles that require a laser, cable or are launched by aircraft
CHANGE: Woodland US Army vehicles mostly manned by multicam units now
CHANGE: Moved zamerny points to the turret ring area for the T-72, T-90 and M1 series tanks. This should help the aiming of AI units attacking them
CHANGE: Mechanized stryker and bradley groups: strykers GL replaced with MG versions, added woodland (actually multicam) version of dismounted squad, fixed UCP marksman class name
CHANGE: Moved undercover skodas to the civilian vehicles group
CHANGE: Russian desert vehicles now manned by desert units

Weapons
NEW: EXT version of Bizon (WW4EXT_Bizon)
NEW: SD mag definitions for the 556BA(EU)
FIX: (fix for vanilla OFP bug) Added missing laser target for laser designators manned by resistance units
FIX: Revised and corrected recoil assignment for most mags
FIX: Revised weapon dexterity values (some were wrong, such as the SMG GL having better dexterity than the normal version)
FIX: Removed reduced zeroing for SD versions of some weapons (that was a leftover from a previous version where SD weapons had lower zero)
CHANGE: Revised some bullet damage values
CHANGE: Revised recoil values for all infantry mags. Created new versions of recoils for HD mags, some of them based on the old recoils for non HD (such as those of 7.62 mags). Non HD mag recoils will now always autocenter the weapon, even if the recoil is heavy
CHANGE: Homogenized damage values of east RPGs. RPG-75 is now equivalent to RPG-18. RPG-22 is now equivalent to M136 (now RPG-22 can one-shot a stryker). RPG-26 is a bit superior to RPG-22. RPG-7(PG-7VL) is a bit superior to RPG-26
CHANGE: Javelin is now "fire & forget". Removed manual control from the javelin, so the missile hits the locked target no matter where the player moves the javelin launcher sight after firing
CHANGE: Damage for top down javelin missile buffed to be able to kill any current armored vehicle
CHANGE: Removed BIS tracers from all vehicle weapons, so now BIS tracers and EXT tracers can be enabled without any problems (and you can now see the dot of laser designators if you enable the OFP tracers)
CHANGE: Tripods now have lower dispersion (previously they were using HMG_AA, which has a ridiculous amount of dispersion so aircraft isn't destroyed in one burst, now they have HMG_INF, as they should have from the start)
CHANGE: Added ruck mags to MAP_rucksack for new 556BASD and HD variant mags. Updated ruck related scripts to support the new 556BASD ruck mags
CHANGE: M136 AT4 buffed to be able to kill a russian BMP-3 (as that vehicle's armor was buffed to withstand 50 cal)
CHANGE: A bit less dispersion for suppressed rifles

Other
NEW: EXT versions of most (all?) OFP enterable buildings, plus some other vanilla buildings and objects
NEW: Default BIS glasses and sunglasses now replaced with GI glasses and modern sunglasses, respectively. Vanilla glasses and sunglasses now available as BISglasses and BISsunglasses. GI glasses texture cleaned, added glass
NEW: Ruined version of the woodland (grey) stone wall
NEW: Desert version of rampart, stone wall and all the bunkers
NEW: More ammo boxes: flares & smoke, explosives, rifle HD and rucksack ammo and items
NEW: New multiplayer mission (coop for up to two players): CCE2 with WW4 Extended units, using CCE2 v7.1.1beta
FIX: Disabled canocclude tags from geometry LOD of bunkers (to avoid objects not rendering when looking over them or from the inside out). Fixed geometry for medium bunker
FIX: Most objects should now sit correctly on terrain (no more floating sandbags on uneven terrain, etc)
FIX: Removed geometry from geo LOD for howitzer camo nets to allow AI units to move below them without problems
FIX: Doors of guard house can now be opened and closed
FIX: Removed line "sounds[] = {};" in cfgsounds in ww4ext_helper config, which was causing the sounds defined in this config to not be loaded into the engine in some cases
FIX: Fixed, revised and updated all EXT missions
CHANGE: Bullet crack sounds lowered, so they are just a tiny bit higher than a normal shot (so they now don't always override other sounds)
CHANGE: Tweaked invisible targets and related scripts (all of them are Target type now, previously the infantry ones where derivatives of soldierwb; changed the cost values to make sure AI units will engage them more consistently; increased size of fire geometry by A LOT, so it's even more visible to the AI; all targets are now actually objects and not infantry, so there's now no limit to the amount that can be spawned, and all the complicated stuff I had to do in their spawning script -on hit suppression- is not needed anymore)
CHANGE: Moved most objects from the "WW4 EXT/Objects (W)" category to the "WW4 EXT/Objects" one (they can be used regardless of the terrain type after all)
CHANGE: Updated material definitions with the textures of the new objects

Changelog - Cold War

v1.1
  • FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: Changed class names for guerrilla units from WW4EXT_BISRiflemanR, etc to WW4EXT_GUECWRifleman, etc. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible

Changelog - Arctic

v1.3
  • NEW: Rampart and bunkers for arctic terrains
  • NEW: Arctic versions of BRDM2, HMMWV TOW and BTR80
  • FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: US rifle Dragon gunner now has proper hiddenselections values
  • FIX: Added missing textures to material definitions for M1A1, FUG, BMP2, T72 and T55
  • FIX: Changed prefix for most units from WW4EXT_ARTIC to WW4EXT_ARCTIC. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible
  • CHANGE: New settings for material definitions to greatly reduce the yellow tint affecting units and terrain when the sun is low
  • CHANGE: Revised textures for camo nets

EDIT: Added also the changelogs for CW and arctic.

• Like 2

:wow:  I can't remember a mod update that had such list of changes. Good to see you are still working hard to continue your extension kenoxite. Thanks to your's and Kry's efforts.

Thanks, Zulu1. As I said, the changelog for this one was quite meaty :P

BTW, I've added already links to the zip files in the first post. For those who don't want or can't use the installer version.

--

EDIT: I think I didn't include in the installer an unpboed version of the CCE2 mission. So, here it is.

Your work and continued support of this expansion is admirable, but I must also say that a lot of your work does not get fully utilized in the environment it was made for. WW4 mod was clearly made with MP play in mind and while OFP/CWA MP is a relatively niche deal these days (forget about 30+ people on a server for example) and the extension may be a few years too late to catch the popularity it would deserve, I feel it could still get a better utilization. Right now there's only one server running WW4 EXT with the most recent update and it's a semi-closed clan server and I have some "first hand insight" that your extension isn't considered or is only partly considered by some established or developing mod/addon packs for MP play because it might not have been extensively tested in a MP environment prior release. With that said, I'm also aware that's not really your issue since you're only providing the content itself and not managing it. Just sharing some thoughts in relation to your hard work. ;p

Your work and continued support of this expansion is admirable, but I must also say that a lot of your work does not get fully utilized in the environment it was made for. WW4 mod was clearly made with MP play in mind and while OFP/CWA MP is a relatively niche deal these days (forget about 30+ people on a server for example) and the extension may be a few years too late to catch the popularity it would deserve, I feel it could still get a better utilization. Right now there's only one server running WW4 EXT with the most recent update and it's a semi-closed clan server and I have some "first hand insight" that your extension isn't considered or is only partly considered by some established or developing mod/addon packs for MP play because it might not have been extensively tested in a MP environment prior release. With that said, I'm also aware that's not really your issue since you're only providing the content itself and not managing it. Just sharing some thoughts in relation to your hard work. ;p

WW4 Extended has always followed the same philosophy as WW4. This is the statment by Sanctuary himself, from the WW4 readme (emphasis mine):

-The WW4 modpack goal is to provide highly optimised troops and their weaponry to build massive battles without most addons usual performance hit : as few textures as possible, nearly everything in merged textures, optimised lod system, selections and polycount in very reasonnable amount without too much details cluttering the model, etc..

-Providing animations especially tailored for those units and featuring some never seen yet features like the dynamic weapon stance change during jogging or climbing/moving over.

-The ambition is to make the WW4 mod the biggest infantry mod ever done for OFP. Currently the goal is probably already met as in the WW4 Modpack 1.0 there are 19 different army corps ! (and more in the work) and each of those corps are coming in desert and woodland version to provide even more variation and mission possibilities.

-Everon and Malden provided in desert retextured by CJE and me, variants available with DMA Lybia vegetations

-All the units are using the same model basis, so there is a real coherent look between all of them.

-Mission editor ready for use groups and sub groups for every of those corps and with the great help of Faguss allow to view more category listed without needing to scroll down a lot.

-creating several modder ressources to help potential addon makers to very easily build their own soldiers in the WW4 standard .

-Increase the interest of firefight by making them longer due to better soldier resistance (instead of only HD dispersion so you can enjoy longer battle without needing to use the inaccurate ammo magazines), AI can shoot from longer distance (roughly same as the player) too and is more aware of what's going around overall.

So, you got it backwards. It was WW4 being so smartly optimized (and visually appealing to boot) and a lack of better options (other than WGL) what got its place in the MP evironment. And why it's around in MP even after all this years. But MP wasn't it's main goal, as you can see.

With WW4 Extended, as with it's parent project, MP was never the goal.

That said, I've tried for the most part to make the new optional features compatible with MP. Not that it matters, though, as I never expected (nor wanted to, really) for this project to be used in that environment. Actually, I was quite shocked when I was aware that some clans were using this project in MP.

Even when Krzy, after the release of v1.0, mentioned that he was planning to talk some friends into using it with their servers I explicitely prevented him from doing so. MP is not the goal of this project, never has been, and using it exclusively for that purpose is beyond my interest or the scope of all this.

So, there you have it. Focusing on performance doesn't equal to MP exclusivity. IMO it's just the desirable goal of any game, mod, or related project you work on.

Anyway, story time: I was as much focused on looks over performance as anyone for most of my time as an OFP player. But I ended up coming back to WW4 and WGL over and over again... We're talking about singleplayer, fooling around in the editor, creating or editing missions, etc, and I still favored those two mods over any other. In the end, it doesn't matter how nice your model looks or how many amazing things your script does if it makes me play in single digits. Having fun is what matters to me (thus, performance and gameplay, as I see it). And if you can have that performance and also something visually appealing, well, then you have something worth my time. You don't need to factor in multiplayer for that.

As for the work vs reward part of your post, well, we're talking about a mostly dead game here (mostly dead, but not all dead yet, as Miracle Max puts it). I'm aware of that, so I don't pay too much attention to it (not anymore, anyway). I just do my stuff, trying to hamming it up as less as possible, maybe including some external suggestion, but mostly creating the expansion to WW4 I still wish Sanctuary did himself (so I could just relax and play :P).

--

EDIT: Structured it a bit to sound less like a madman. Added some thoughts on the work vs reward thing.

That's a interesting perspective that I must say I haven't thought about it. I though the lack of "proper" MP optimization (most commonly texture aspect ratio errors) was due to lack of time to test it properly or some hard to spot bugs. Thanks for explaining your stance. But I must object your view that OFP is a "dead" game. As long as there are people playing or modding it, it's still very much "alive". ;p

Hey, I said "mostly" dead. That means that for the untrained eye it might look like it's dead, but there's still plenty of life inside it :)

And will keep apparently dead, but not quite as long as some of us nostalgics are still around, and as long as there's a crappy computer in the World. So, plenty life yet.

Anyhow, I've always tried to test as much as I can in multiplayer, in the limited test environment a local dedicated server and two clients can provide. Most features (except the couple new ones I've mentioned in the changelog) are able to run at least on a small coop games without problems. Beyond that, it's terra incognita. As long as we're talking about using this mod on a server with the optional logics enabled.

Just the infantry and vehicle units, without any extra, should work without problems... other than the couple cases that you mention, which were promptly fixed, or any other that might come up.

Thanks to your's and Kry's efforts.

This time all the credits, kudos, girls and booze goes to Kenoxite! I was ill, and haven't even thought about informing Keno about it. I'm such an a**hole sometimes...

Anyway, really gargantuic effort, congrats to The Man!

Hi Keno, amazing job on the patch so far. So many improvements and new models too! Just one thing however, the Ah1z viper is still displaying an error when trying to deploy flares. I looked at the change log and it doesn't seem this was fixed in this patch. Is it possible for us to get this fixed soon?

Also do you know if this version is still compatible with the latest version of fwatch? Thank you so much for your work.

Hi Keno, amazing job on the patch so far. So many improvements and new models too! Just one thing however, the Ah1z viper is still displaying an error when trying to deploy flares. I looked at the change log and it doesn't seem this was fixed in this patch. Is it possible for us to get this fixed soon?

Also do you know if this version is still compatible with the latest version of fwatch? Thank you so much for your work.

Wait, was that bug ever reported? If so, I completely missed.

Anyway, here's a hotfix that solves that issue: https://www.mediafire.com/download/wwaazrxlcbz6oib/ww4ext_scripts_v11_hotfix.zip

Just place it in the addons folder of WW4_EXT, and overwrite the existing one.

It was just a small stupid problem in the way it passed the vehicle unit to the autoflares script. It's funny because all the air scripts were fine except this one. No idea how this happened.

Glad you are enjoying this update so far, though.

And v1.1 works fine with the latest Fwatch. And it should with any further Fwatch update, unless Faguss changes the Fwatch detection method in a new release.

---

MLODs and textures for v1.1

Now, regarding the ever promised MLODs and textures, I've finally gone ahead and sorted and updated almost everything used in v1.1. The only things you won't find are the models that aren't explicitely public domain or that I'm able to share for one reason or another (middle east units, zils, BTRs, BMDs...) and the vehicle texture masters. With that said, if there's still something that shouldn't be there please let me know and I'll reupload the zip files with those models removed.

Note that the texture masters are in GIMP format (.xcf).

Use them at will, as long is in an Arma game (there's the ported Arma vehicles there, and those have that restriction). No credit is required, although it'd be appreciated.

--

EDIT: Forgot to reply to the Fwatch thing

EDIT: Added link to the CW and arctic textures

• Like 2

Lol, yeah the problem with the viper was reported by me and you acknowledged it a while back . You just probably forgot when you were working on this update, it's all good. Thank you for posting the fix.

Thanks for all the mirrors, JdB. You're a real human bean :)

There's a problem with some of the links, though. Both the links to main EXT and Arctic actually link to the Cold War one. I've fixed them myself when placing your mirror links in my main posts, but there seems to be some kind of formating error, particularly with the main EXT one. The weird thing where it seems the link is broken into two parts when you mouse over it also happened to me. I had to basically rewrite it from scractch myself to fix that.

Thanks for all the mirrors, JdB. You're a real human bean :)

There's a problem with some of the links, though. Both the links to main EXT and Arctic actually link to the Cold War one. I've fixed them myself when placing your mirror links in my main posts, but there seems to be some kind of formating error, particularly with the main EXT one. The weird thing where it seems the link is broken into two parts when you mouse over it also happened to me. I had to basically rewrite it from scractch myself to fix that.

Unfortunately this forum assumes that people are idiots and that BB code should be hidden by default. So when I copy the same message three times for your three files the first one is fine since it's the original link, but the other two look like they are ok but they aren't since they still link to the first file, despite looking like the intended link.

WW4 Extended updated to v.1.1.1
More info and download lins in the first post.

Changelog - Main

v.1.1.1

Logics and scripts
NEW: Optional logic "Delete dead bodies". Deletes dead infantry units after a default time of 5 minutes. Time can be changed through the WW4EXT_dbtime global variable. Vehicles can also be deleted by setting the WW4EXT_deleteVeh variable to true
FIX: Changed the way MAP rucksacks checks for mag types so it works after loading a saved game
FIX: Fixed not being able to unpack rucksacks after you unpack anything but a magazine (bandages, food, etc)
FIX: Viper wasn't able to properly deploy countermeasures

Infantry
FIX: Added missing entry for multicam crew and pilot to cfgModels. Updated binarized models

Vehicles
FIX: Corrected position of Stryker MEV driver

Other
FIX: Further fixing and revising of the included missions

Changelog - Arctic

v.1.3.1

FIX: Spetsnaz assistant MG and rpg-22 gunner had assigned the wrong rifle (was as val, should be aks)
CHANGE: Normalized some editor unit names for spetsnaz

---

EDIT: Added links to zip files to the first post.

• Like 1

The texture used in both desert versions is the same used by the russian infantry unit from vanilla WW4. I think Sanctuary called it just "VSR desert".

So, about the OBDK, what about making the VDV units use that one and keep the current one for RF army guys? It would help distinguish them and give the VDV a more modern and more well equipped look. Not sure how that ODKB texture will look in-game once downsized, though. I did a test with the SURPAT (?) and it looked like shit. Too many artifacts, making the texture look blurry and dirty. This also happened with the digital flora one, that's why initialy it was bigger than now. But, fortunatly, it's harder to see the glitches with all that green.

The vest they use seems to be an UCP copycat, though. I guess I could go ahead and retexture the current vest with an UCP texture.

And, yes, most CT multicam units use AK-74Ms with that sight. There's a lot of vanilla WW4 weapons and variants that are still unused, and this was a good opportunity to use those.

With all that said, I'm afraid the release won't happen today, as I was planning. I haven't been able to advance much with this late hour changes plus the fact that I had the kid around all afternoon. So the release will be tomorrow, unless something unexpected happens again.

And BTW, when I said more desert variants would be overkill I was referring to the main Extended project. I'm more than happy to see new units being published by others. Also, if you need a template (in GIMP format) for any new texture or tweaks you want to make just ask me and I'll send it to you. The same goes for models. This way we all make sure you guys use the latest versions of both textures and models (which have been further optimized for the next release). I was going to release all the MLOD version of the p3ds and the gimp texture masters, but I've never managed to do it. Mostly because there's so many of them that it would take forever to make it presentable for public release. Anyway, if you or anybody needs anything just ask me or Krzy (if/when he comes back from wherever he is).

Hi again, sorry for long answer.

Vest - save as have, in UCP, or retexture to Digital Flora, in ODKB Camo now vests not using, why - I don't know :)

About CT Weapons - somebody using AK-74M with "Pikatiny Rail" and Eotech, it's only info, PK-A better, I think.

About ODKB again:

1) In ODKB Russia have only VDV, not Motor. Infantry (will be better, if you delete ODKB Motor. Inf. from mod), maybe GRU.

2) On the screens ODKB VDV looks not bad, very good.

And I have one question, my friends from RF and UA now make some project (Ukrainian Warfare) and we want to use you WW4 EXT models of Russian Soldiers and textures, can you give permissions for us, or we need ask Sanctuary? I too want make some new units - Mountain Russian Infantry with "Mountain Flora" texture.

About texture example - if you can, give link here with example model, example texture, Digital Flora models and textures of Russian Modern Motor. Infantry and VDV, Desert ODKB version of Russian VDV and Motor. Infantry + blody textures for it all.

Also some comment about SpetsNaz units (screen).

From left to right:

First - Remove body armor. Change weapon to AKS-74.

Second - Add body armor from first (it's 6B3, soviet old body armor using in Afghanistan) and change weapon to AKS-74, add soviet helmet.

Third - Remove pads, remove glasses, down hood, add soviet helmet.

Fourth - Retexture body armor to VSR-98 Flora.

Fifth - If it Soviet GRU - remove body armor, change weapon to AKS-74, if it Russian - I don't know, I don't see Desert GRU. It's looks like as GRU in Chechen War (photo) if it this - change weapon to AKS-74.

Sixth - Remove AN-94, change to AK-74M.

Seventh - Retexture vest to olive (Not body armor, only vest) looks like SMERSH-AK. Add versions with AK-74M and AKM. If you make squads, give 1 soldier with AS VAL on squad with 9 soldiers, 3-4 soldiers with AKM, other with AK-74M and Machine guns.

Eighth - Can leave as is, can change SURPAT to "Kykla" (Not DPM) or "FORT Olive" (On the foto DEFENDER-2 Body Armor maked by Russian Corp. Fort Defender), add if you can identification armband (looks like photo with Defender-2)

Ninth - change AN-94 to AK-74M. Retexture vest to olive, looks like SMERSH-AK.

Tenth - change AN-94 to AK-74M. Remove "telnyashka", add helmet with cover in Digital Flora, or change clothes to "Gorka", retexture vest to olive.

Or, if you don't want make Gorka, you can give to us texture from first soldier, we  try to make "Sumrak".

Next. Motor. Infantry (Screen)

From left to right.

First - Remove gloves.

Second - Add 6B3. Remove gloves. What he have "telnyashka"?

Third - Remove glasses. What he have "telnyashka"?

Fourth - Nothing. Very good.

Five - Remove soldier.

Sixth - Very good.

You can make it, or leave as is.

It's all comments what I can make looks like on screens.

Sorry for my english.

Anywhere, you make big work, thank you for great modern Russian side.

P.S How you use Berghow trees with WW4?

P.S 2: What about rucksacs, you want make true, or leave as is?

In ODKB Russia have only VDV, not Motor. Infantry (will be better, if you delete ODKB Motor. Inf. from mod), maybe GRU.

Well, it's a little bit late to change that now, but we may do that in future patches. No promises though!

And I have one question, my friends from RF and UA now make some project (Ukrainian Warfare) and we want to use you WW4 EXT models of Russian Soldiers and textures, can you give permissions for us, or we need ask Sanctuary?

WW4 and WW4EXT infantry models (apart from Middle-Eastern units by WheresMyRabbit?) are all open-source, so there's no need to have permissions. WW4EXT models were already released in MLOD format by Kenoxite. Look here for links. Good luck with Your project! :)

Hey Kenoxite. Just wanted to say thanks for the continued effort. And a big one at that. And also to Krzy, who's assistance obviously helped make it possible.

Because of projects like this, and others, OFP/CWA should enjoy a little more time in the sun. I suppose It's like chess at this point or any other strategic board game. It's not much to look at, But it's still capable of providing a challenge. And cheap too. Very cheap. :)

• Like 1

Hey Kenoxite. Just wanted to say thanks for the continued effort. And a big one at that. And also to Krzy, who's assistance obviously helped make it possible.

Because of projects like this, and others, OFP/CWA should enjoy a little more time in the sun. I suppose It's like chess at this point or any other strategic board game. It's not much to look at, But it's still capable of providing a challenge. And cheap too. Very cheap. :)

Thanks, mate :)

The only thing that will kill OFP/CWA is Bohemia Interactive. Other than that, nope, don't think so.

BTW, yesterday I was fooling around with some arctic untis and added some of your AT-ATs. Here's the result:

https://imgur.com/a/eV190

Hi again, sorry for long answer.

[long answer]

If I were to apply all those changes the russian and soviet units would be more realistic and detailed than any other unit. Not even the US army or USMC has that level of detail, and you could say I (and Sanctuary, and krzy) have a western bias.

If you want visual fidelity you won't like WW4 or WW4 Extended. And if you think there's deviations from real life with the WW4 Extended russians... you should have a look at the original units by Sanctuary. You'll be hairless and very angry after that :)

As krzy<something> says, you can all download now the models and textures I've used for this project. I've also created a new thread so it's more visible and easier to find in the future. Download it, tweak it to your heart's content and make it public, so we can all test it and play with it.

All I can say is that creating russian units that will please the russian audience is extremely difficult. The fact that there's basically no information in english (or not enough and reliable enough) and that your armed forces have to get their shit together with standards regarding camo and other gear just makes it more difficult. So, I think only a russian can create russian units that russians will be happy with. Go ahead and make them happy!

Now, some replies to some specific points, I hope you can understand all this (if not, I'll try to explain again in more simple english):

• VDV desert: If I were to use the reference photos of ODKB infantry you linked and the ones I found with some googling the VDV units would wear TARZAN assault vests and no plate carriers, because no single photo showed a soldier wearing one. In WW4 Extended what you see is what you get regarding armor values. So, no plate carrier means no protection against bullets. Do you want the VDV units to die in one shot? Because that's what you would get. You say they should use 6B43 in digital flora. I say there's no way to know. What I saw was a lot of soldiers with UCP-like camo on their helmets and other gear. And UCP, with all its faults, is better suited to a desert environment than digital flora. Assuming VDV is ever deployed in a modern desert environment (say, Syria, although it's unlikely) we won't know for sure what kind of camo pattern will be used in the 6B43. So, I just followed the trend the russian military has of copying western camo patterns and applied UCP to that vest. If they are ever deployed and they use that camo I'm going to have a good laugh, that's for sure :)
  • Spetsnaz weapons: As you might have noticed, all commando units of any faction use rifles with suppressors. That's one of the rules I apply to any commando unit in WW4 Extended. Among other things, it allows both give special forces their own "trademark" and give them an edge in battle, as they can kill a few guys before they are noticed. The only exceptions to this rule are the national army units and now the russian multicam CT. The use of suppressors limits the type of weapons to be used, as not all weapons have suppressor in all rifle variants. It also makes that almost all units of a given side end up using the same rifle. To spice things up a bit I've given AS-VALs and AN-94s to some modern russian units. I can't give them AK-74M if I want them to use suppressors, as that rifle has only one variant with suppressor.
  • Gloves: All WW4 and WW4 Extended units wear gloves. That's the way it is and it will never be changed (by me, anyway). You can imagine they all suffer from very cold hands or very bad blisters.
  • Trees: What you see in the screenshots isn't Berghoff's trees, but the (IMO better) vegetation of the Finnish Building Pack. Those screenshots were taken in Kodiak 2. I also binarized that pack for my personal use, so that's why they look so particularly nice in the screenshots.
  • Rucksacks: Since version 1.0 rucksacks are hidden when you use the "Enable all" logic (the rucksacks are replaced with the invisible version). The reason being that since v1.0 or so rucksacks are added after the unit has spawned. That means that the texture materials aren't loaded by the OFP/CWA engine and they look flat and ugly, unless you alt+tab the game to reset the rendering.

That's all. I don't have much time anymore to tweak this project further or interact around here as before. So, from now on krzy will be the one mainly dealing with all this. At least for the time being.

• Like 2

Hello again, Kenoxite.

Thanks for answer.

So, let's start.

About "western bias" - we can help you with information about US Army, USMC, Rangers, etc. It's not a problem. And in final we have realistic US side and RF side, it's bad? I don't think.

Next.

VDV:

1) 6B43 - not plate carrier, it's have body armor, looks like 6B23-1 but with higher defend class.
2) I don't know where you see on photos "TARZAN" vest, it's commercical shit, in Russian army using 6SH112 vest and modifications - 6SH116, 6SH117.
3) I don't know what difficult with english information about Russian Equip you have, we can and we help you with it. 
4) About camouflages. Usually in ODKB army using vests in Digital Flora, sometimes in UCP.

Looks like this photo.

1 - 6B43.
2 - 6B46 (Russian light plate carrier)
3 - 6SH112 or modification.

In the army, things are not the best, but how it actually is. ANd it is not only in the Russian army so. 

About Syria, now we have some airport and base guard units - Marine troops (looks like Tartus), Khmeimim - VDV (in Digital Flora only). Marine troops use Digital Flora clothes (ВКБО) only. Airborne in Khmeimim use ВКБО Digital Flora but over it they use 6SH122 camouflage cloak.

And Syria not all is desert, big territory in Syria is steppe or half forrest.

Photo (from Khmeimim)

2) SpetsNaz weapons;

It's only comment, how it in real life.

3) Only comment.

If you need information help about russian new equip or with US equip help - ask, we give to you answer on english.

• Like 1

First, as always thanks for the information and the corrections you've provided. It's always interesting to know more.

But I still think that what you want with this mod is something beyond its scope. One of the goals of WW4 was to visually homogenize all the included infantry units. Visual fidelity and 1:1 representation of real life units isn't one of those. WW4 Extended has pushed the personalization and visual fidelity of unit models further, but still between some boundaries.

There's other alternatives that might suit this need for you. And, if not, I'm sure someone else will create something along this line sooner or later, now that all the resources needed to tweak or create new units has been provided, or in other mods unrelated to WW4.

With that said, you provide some interesting points that will eventually be adressed in this project, in a way or another, particularly regarding the russian motor rifle units. Not by me, though. As I said I won't be touching anything related to this project for a good, good while.

BTW, yesterday I was fooling around with some arctic untis and added some of your AT-ATs. Here's the result:

:D I can almost hear the imperial march playing in the background.

It's hotfix time!

WW4 Extended v.1.1.1 Hotfix 1 (incl. Arctic extension hotfix)

Changelog:

* FIX: Sea containers will now align to the terrain and won't float in mid-air

* FIX: Forts and Guard Shed won't change their shape depending on the terrain, which negatively affected movement inside them

Installation instructions:

just unpack the content into Your Arma: Cold War Assault directory, and replace older files.