kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

One more thing on the Rucksacks, How much room is in the Rucksacks? I assume they have the same amount of slots as a normal soldier, so 10 slots?

The ruck mags only use the handgun slots, so that's the limit (4 slots IIRC). I see that I placed 6 in my example from the previous post. I'll change that to avoid further confusion.

4 slots? that's weird I recall that I can take out at least 8 magazines from the rucksacks. Unless this is different for Jam magazines.

Edit: Just tested it it was actually 6 magazines for a rucksack that only holds ww4ext w5.56 magazines so that may be why you put 6 slots the first time.

I really enjoy this mod and I'm using it for RPs over on nationstates.

It would be nice however if the mod had a "Hunter" unit in the Insurgent area.

Oh and will the G36 ever be added to the mod or will the old one be attached to one of the mods units?

It would be nice however if the mod had a "Hunter" unit in the Insurgent area.

It's really unprobable since EXT is on feature lock, but I may try to convince Keno to at least add another marksman equipped with EXT hunting rifle, instead of SVD - 1.0 added quite a number of EXT-ified BIS weapons, but not all of them are in use. But no promises.

Oh and will the G36 ever be added to the mod or will the old one be attached to one of the mods units?

There is already a G36 in mod - it's currently used by some of the mercenaries. It's using BI model, so You should be able to replace it for something nicer, for example Inquisitor's G36 model (haven't tested it though).

It's really unprobable since EXT is on feature lock, but I may try to convince Keno to at least add another marksman equipped with EXT hunting rifle, instead of SVD - 1.0 added quite a number of EXT-ified BIS weapons, but not all of them are in use. But no promises.

There is already a G36 in mod - it's currently used by some of the mercenaries. It's using BI model, so You should be able to replace it for something nicer, for example Inquisitor's G36 model (haven't tested it though).

That's the Sniper.

I'm talking about the "Hunter", the guy with the shotgun.

Has the mod considered armor or shotguns from other designers? The current stuff is really nice, you don't have to code everything yourself if other people are willing to lent stuff.

I think the mod is really well made, it's just that when you make something so close to perfect it makes people want all the little spots to be filled in.

EDIT: Is the extended stuff not on Mod DB?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, I read the manual. This is a SCARY amount of content. I think I'm going to have a stroke trying to figure out what it would be like to install this.

Edited by Warhead77777

Implementation of shotguns in OFP is very troublesome. What one can do is:

• set it up as a weapon firing long bursts of low-damage projectiles (AIs can behave weird, limiting their accuracy)
  • use scripts (shotgun scripts are usually resource-heavy).

Because of that, we've never considered adding shotguns to the mod. Also, in real life, shotguns are mainly used by law enforcement/special forces units in CQB operations/missions, which are also problematic in OFP. Where the game shines are conventional mechanized infantry battles, and this is what EXT focuses on.

Has the mod considered armor (...) from other designers?

We haven't. The mod scope are mainly armies of United States and Russia/Soviet Union. EXT already have quite a number of armoured units used by these countries: BTRs, M113s, Bradleys, BMPs, M60, Abrams, T-55 up to T-90. In our opinion it is enough to simulate battles from early 1980s to 2000s. However, if You would like to see some other tanks/APCs (like French Leclerc or German Leopard), we encourage You to make an addon by Yourself. Thanks to how EXT is done, it's very easy to made new units, based on configs already in the mod. Check ww4ext_veh_cfg.pbo for better view on the matter.

"Because of that, we've never considered adding shotguns to the mod. Also, in real life, shotguns are mainly used by law enforcement/special forces units in CQB operations/missions, which are also problematic in OFP. Where the game shines are conventional mechanized infantry battles, and this is what EXT focuses on."

I find the old "Hunter" shotgun was good, but it only held one round. You are right about the other shotguns in other mods not being very percise, but I found them to be insanely effective.

However, I too can only see them really being used by the Anti-Terror like in Arma 2 Vanilla.

"We haven't. The mod scope are mainly armies of United States and Russia/Soviet Union. EXT already have quite a number of armoured units used by these countries: BTRs, M113s, Bradleys, BMPs, M60, Abrams, T-55 up to T-90. In our opinion it is enough to simulate battles from early 1980s to 2000s. However, if You would like to see some other tanks/APCs (like French Leclerc or German Leopard), we encourage You to make an addon by Yourself. Thanks to how EXT is done, it's very easy to made new units, based on configs already in the mod. Check ww4ext_veh_cfg.pbo for better view on the matter."

I have no idea to code, my talents lie elsewhere.

Glad to see the mod still coming along. Great work Kenoxite! keep it up.

I found another bug or missing feature in the mod. The medical Styrker does not have the option to heal injured units like the M113 medical variation.

@Fruitpunchsamurai: thanks for reporting!

@spirit_jat : A patch has been worked on in the last weeks, although lately there's not much free time. I think I could release what I have about this weekend or so, but there's some things that I'd like to further test or revise.

Hi, can you change the compas for either best, like wgl5 compas.

I'm afraid that's not planned, sorry.

--

BTW, the next patch will be released in the following days. It will include the fixes already posted here, plus some others reported or not that weren't patched already. For the most part those are harmless bugs, though. The patch will also include some new features and objects, but no vehicle or infantry units (there won't be no more of those, at least not for the main project). There's also quite a lot of revising and balancing (things such as recoils, dispersion, body armor vs bullet damage, etc). The changelog is quite lengthy TBH.

• Like 2

@JdB: Thanks. It'll be ready soon.

--

Meanwhile, I need someone to test this new configs for infantry with a copy of OFP v1.96: https://www.mediafire.com/download/d77ni38767it5uv/ww4ext_new_inf_cfgs_test1.zip

You only need to place all those in the "WW4_EXT\addons" folder and either rename, move or delete the existing "ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo" file. Once you've tested it, just restore the old ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo and delete the new ones.

It will probably give you some errors, that's to be expected, but what we're testing here is that by chopping the main infantry config into smaller ones should be enough for old OFP not to crash.

So, if it crashes: bad. If it doesn't crash but spew some errors: good.

Then obviously reply here with your results.

Thanks and here's a sneak peek of the next patch:

PmU5KO4.jpg

(is the 90 something kb limit for images still up?)

Also, as you can see, there will finally be a couple new models and units. I couldn't help it.

I got a preprocessor error and couldn't run the game because of it. That said I only use this installation of 1.96 for Bulldozer since BIS didn't bother to update it to use 1.99 <_< so I have no experience running mods on it. I'll reinstall it and run the 1.96 update again to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Still the same. Error message reads: "Preprocessor failed on file config.cpp - error 1."

I tried the old cfg from the mod that works in 1.99 and got the same result.

You can have Ofp and Arma:cwa installed on the same disk with the same key without any problem.

You can have Ofp and Arma:cwa installed on the same disk with the same key without any problem.

I do have both installed with the same key. On the 1.99 version the mod runs fine, but not with the new config files. On 1.96 it doesn't run at all with either the new config files or the old ones. Gives me the same error message.

I got a preprocessor error and couldn't run the game because of it. That said I only use this installation of 1.96 for Bulldozer since BIS didn't bother to update it to use 1.99 <_< so I have no experience running mods on it. I'll reinstall it and run the 1.96 update again to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Still the same. Error message reads: "Preprocessor failed on file config.cpp - error 1."

I tried the old cfg from the mod that works in 1.99 and got the same result.

OK. Thanks for testing this.

I think I'll just use the preprocessing tool again and keep the godzilla sized infantry config as is, like in the previous versions. I don't want this issue to stall the release for too long and Krzy, who has always been the one testing this compatibility issue, isn't around so far. And TBH this new approach of splitting the config into several ones causes me more troubles than what is worth.

@JdB: Thanks. It'll be ready soon.

--

Meanwhile, I need someone to test this new configs for infantry with a copy of OFP v1.96: https://www.mediafire.com/download/d77ni38767it5uv/ww4ext_new_inf_cfgs_test1.zip

You only need to place all those in the "WW4_EXT\addons" folder and either rename, move or delete the existing "ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo" file. Once you've tested it, just restore the old ww4ext_inf_cfg.pbo and delete the new ones.

It will probably give you some errors, that's to be expected, but what we're testing here is that by chopping the main infantry config into smaller ones should be enough for old OFP not to crash.

So, if it crashes: bad. If it doesn't crash but spew some errors: good.

Then obviously reply here with your results.

Thanks and here's a sneak peek of the next patch:

PmU5KO4.jpg

(is the 90 something kb limit for images still up?)

Also, as you can see, there will finally be a couple new models and units. I couldn't help it.

Hello Kenoxite!

I have some comment(s) of your FSB (?) in Multicam.

Helmet color - in Russian Army and in FSB usually using helmet with olive color (Looks like this photo)

Body armor and vest - you can use 6B23-1 body armor in VSR-98 (Flora) color (Looks like this photo) or FORT DEFENDER or retexture basic model of body armor to olive or corean woodland.

About vest... I think, make new vest it's a hard. For FSB, if you want, you can make - popular vest - "SMERSH" (Look this)

if you try to make SMERSH, u can try to make some new vest for RF Army, if you interesting - I can give information.

That's all, thanks.

Hello Kenoxite!

I have some comment(s) of your FSB (?) in Multicam.

Helmet color - in Russian Army and in FSB usually using helmet with olive color (Looks like this photo)

Body armor and vest - you can use 6B23-1 body armor in VSR-98 (Flora) color (Looks like this photo) or FORT DEFENDER or retexture basic model of body armor to olive or corean woodland.

About vest... I think, make new vest it's a hard. For FSB, if you want, you can make - popular vest - "SMERSH" (Look this)

if you try to make SMERSH, u can try to make some new vest for RF Army, if you interesting - I can give information.

That's all, thanks.

Hi,

I will revise the texture of the helmet. As for the rest, the unit isn't named FSB, but "counter-terrorism multicam". You can use it to represent whatever you want or need to fit your mission. I haven't changed the vest to keep it visually coherent with the other CT unit, which uses the vanilla WW4 model. If I update this unit then I will have to create a new model for the partizan one (not that I "have", but I know myself and would end up doing it... and there's way too many models already).

TBH I'm about a dozen hours from release, so there's really no time for any more changes. And it can be changed later, anyway. Or someone can create a closer to reality version of this or other units, if someone really cares about visual fidelity.

Thanks for all the input and the info, in any case. It's always appreciated.

I'll see how much time and will I have to apply more of the tweaks you mention.

• Like 1

Thanks for answer.

Also, for futher patch you can make Desert Modern Russian Army (KSOR ODKB) if you want.
Some months ago I try to make it (screen) but I'm too far from my PC and can't release it.

Also, altarnative texture for FSB (looks like FSKN) - SURPAT

Texture

Thanks for answer.

Also, for futher patch you can make Desert Modern Russian Army (KSOR ODKB) if you want.

Some months ago I try to make it (screen) but I'm too far from my PC and can't release it.

Also, altarnative texture for FSB (looks like FSKN) - SURPAT

Texture

Well, you might have seen it already, but in the next release there will be updated models for the desert units. See screenshots below:

CEaagxK.png

and for VDV:

Gckagoz.png

Other than that, I think more desert versions for those units is just overkill.

Regarding the alternative texture for the FSB inspired unit, would you like me to use that texture instead or multicam, then?

• Like 1

Well, you might have seen it already, but in the next release there will be updated models for the desert units. See screenshots below:

CEaagxK.png

and for VDV:

Gckagoz.png

Other than that, I think more desert versions for those units is just overkill.

Regarding the alternative texture for the FSB inspired unit, would you like me to use that texture instead or multicam, then?

I don't know name of this camouflage on your screens, I think, my texture is more realistic than it. (That's not a MARPAT)

Looks like some photos from last ODKB training: PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto.

And, 6B43 on you second screen in VSR-98 "Flora" camouflage, in real life 6B43 never be created in VSR-98 color, only Digital Flora.

About FSB - it's just idea, you can don't retexture.

Some photos of FSB (than and now):  PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto, Photo, Photo, Photo.

Also, on the screens I find some new optic sight, looks like PK-A, yep?

That's good.