kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

No, seriously, it seems to float because of the animation it was performing when I took the screenshot. When standing still it rests normally on the unit's back. This happens to all the WW4 units.

Other than that, I don't see any other weird thing about that launcher, other than the fact that it's an imported an edited version from Arma 2.

About the rest, I will have something by around tomorrow or so. Will post pics, as usual.

Kenoxite, hello. In the morning 2 russian players give some information and I add some ideas, realese this or no - you choice.

Vehicles:

- BTR-80 needed, US Analog - Stryker.

- Need A-10 and Su-25 with laser bombs.

- Misc: ATGM launchers for US and RF.

Units:

- Add to GRU, Mot. Inf and VDV knees and elbows.

Misc:

- HALO jump.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Updates to VDV and motorized rifle units.

https://i.imgur.com/xeIdeTh.jpg

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/efaTy

Great! Looks how in ArmA 2.

Very nice Russian Army.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Upd: You use new Digital Flora camouflage? It's looks biggest then usually using.

And, I don't know why, some people talk about SOBR in multicam in WW4 needed 0_0

I have photos and can send it to you e-mail if you need and would make them.

Edited by Spirit_JaT

@Keno:

Updates to VDV and motorized rifle units.

Looks really great!

@Spirit:

Vehicles:

- BTR-80 needed, US Analog - Stryker.

- Need A-10 and Su-25 with laser bombs.

- Misc: ATGM launchers for US and RF.

Already in (OK, there's no LGB for Su).

Misc:

- HALO jump.

That's not easy to do. Actually, it's hard to do and requires a lot of scripting.

Upd: You use new Digital Flora camouflage? It's looks biggest then usually using.

Hard to make when using WW4 models and textures as a basis - they use a rather small resolution for modern "digital" camos. If Kenoxite would make that pattern 1:1, there would be only plain green in game, because other colors would be too small.

Basically what krzy said.

My take:

- BTR-80: There will be a "BTR-70" (might be alredy in v0.9, but I haven't checked that version for a long time TBH). The quotes are because it's actually WW4 BTR-999 (or some number like that), which is actually a mix of a BTR-60, 70 and 80. The only change I made to tag it as 70 is to remove the skirts (the armor covering the wheels). I understand that this is not optimal, but it should do for now.

- Laser bombs: already present in v1.0

- ATGM launchers: unlikely, but there might be released later using imported and edited Arma 2 versions

- Knee pads, etc for GRU: OK, but only for the knees. WW4 units don't wear elbow pads. They are too manly.

- HALO: I guess I know where this comes from, as it was one of the features of my CCE transport system I adapted for EXT. It's possible to do, but I decided not to include it simply because it's too silly. OFP air vehicles can barely fly at a reasonable height for HALO insertions (limit is about 5km), and there's also no real HALO equipment in WW4 nor EXT. So it all ends up being a very poor and silly HALO system. I might end up enabling it, but don't get your hopes too high.

- Multicam: Hmm... TBH you guys can just use US Army multicam units and change their weapons. There's the problem of side identification, though. I'll think about this.

Anyway, I think there's now quite a healthy variety of russian units. I haven't counted them, but there might be about the same amount as for US Army/USMC. If you don't mind, I'll put a lock to any further extra requests and concentrate on finishing what's left to be done for the release of v1.0.

Thanks for answer.

We will wait version 1.0.

It's only ideas. Thanks for great AFRF.

Jeje, Sorry guys, i give wrong information about the ratnik. I did not see the difference, so, thanks to @Spirit_JaT for give us real information.

Regards from Colombia

Edited by TangusWulff

Hi, i want to report one problem with this mod, when i edit a mission and i put a empty uh-6 littlebird, CWA close immediately. ¿Anyone know why?

I can't seem to be able to replicate your bug.

Make sure you check the "WW4EXT_littlebirds_v12_readme.txt", found inside the zipped file. Also, make sure you're using a fully patched EXT and the latest 3rd party vehicles version (1.2).

JAM_magazines.pbo isn't actually needed. OFP will whine about the BAS SOAR pilots not having definitions for their weapons, but EXT don't use them anyway. You can OK your way through it without major problems (unless trying in dedicated server).

Here's the relevant parts of the littlebirds readme (I've bolded some things):

REQUIRED ADDONS

* ww4ext_littlebirds.pbo (included)

* A/MH-6 Littlebird (for OFP v. 1.85) v1.1, by BAS team

Download: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons/baslittlebirds1_1for185.zip

From the linked addon only need the following files are required:

- bas_lbs.pbo

INSTALLATION

- Download the files and extract the WW4_EXT3P folder in there to your OFP/CWA directory

- Place the listed pbo files in the addons directory of WW4_EXT3P. If you had the required addon already installed then this step isn't needed.

- Launch the game with both WW4_EXT and WW4_EXT3P using your preferred method (init line in icon shortcut, using Kegetys OFP Launcher, etc).

Just a progress update.

There's been good progress in these past weeks. Krzy is helping me on this final stretch revising and expanding configs, textures, models, etc, so I can focus on the porting and scripting side.

New album with some WIP sshots below. It mainly focuses on the latest Arma ports I've been working on. The main goal is to update the current OFP models that are particularly outdated and also adding some vehicles missing in EXT or which were using 3rd party non-bundled models (such as the little birds). I might also replace some of the more raw and/or buggy EXT vehicle models but that will depend on time and will. Vehicles that I consider "good enough" won't be replaced (such as WW4 humvees, BIS AH64, etc). Face count for ground vehicles is about 3000, and about 5000 for air vehicles (some have a bit more, some a bit less). Texture size jumps between 512px and 1024px tops (in the album you'll see most vehicles using 1024 sizes, but that will probably change). I'm mixing and merging parts of several LODs and even other existing EXT models to keep them as good looking as possible while not becoming resource hogs. They also use OFP interiors whenever possible and some details are removed, such as the commander's MG for the tanks (they are shot by gunners in OFP anyway). The list of ported vehicles so far: M1A1, M1A2, T-72, T-90, M113, BMP-2, Mi-24, Mi-8T, AH-6, MH-6, UH-60. Desert version of the textures have been created wherever needed (not for air vehicles, though).

You'll also notice that several objects and buildings have been ported. They will become part of the planned fortifications pack that will be included in the next update. The pack will also include revised and retextured versions of some BIS and OPGWC objects.

I'm also configuring materials for all vehicle and units, and binarizing their models. I'm planning on releasing a masters pack (MLODs and textures) as I did with version 0.8 (remind me if I forget to do so). Visually, this means that units in general should react better to lighting. I'm also working on a material definitions cfg for all OFP models, expanding on Locke's one.

WIP2 album: https://imgur.com/a/2pnka

Jl6nfBv.jpg

As you can see, there'll be a BTR-80. WW4 one was actually using VIT's model. Also note that there's a bunch of other progress that wasn't captured in those sshots, such as A1 and 2 forts, ramparts, barricades, etc, new Shtora scripts for the T90, further revision of vehicle values, further restructuring of the pbo internals, etc.

I've also decided to divide EXT in infantry and vehicle packs, similar to the alternative download for the previous version. That means that main EXT will only hold infantry, while EXT_VEH will hold all the vehicles (and will need main EXT to work). A new Fortifications module will be added and the Extras one will be revised, most likely removing the current OPGWC objects (in that case, I'll still provide them as a separate download). Also, due to the new additions, I will only provide EXT compatible configs for the Mi2.

If all goes at the same speed as it is now there might be a release in about a month or so. But you know how this is. It might take a bit longer. There's a lot of work still to be done, in any case.

You take models from VanoMod?

How vehicles works in Multiplayer?

Looks nice.

I'm porting those vehicles myself, all done from scratch. I wasn't aware of the mod you mention, actually. In fact, I'm trying to focus on BIS stuff, so the models can be used or modified by anyone once all this is released, without having to worry about permissions and other legal stuff other than the stated by BIS. I might actually release a version of the ports separately, without any dependencies with EXT. Anyway, each ported vehicle model and textures have their own pbo now, so using them for other projects should be as easy as to copy that and provide a new custom config.

The ported vehicles should behave in MP roughly the same as the vehicles from VIT pack, BAS, or the ones already present in vanilla WW4 (HMMWVs, AAVP, etc). They actually should be more MP friendly than some of the existing EXT vehicles. But, if some vehicles prove to be too demanding for multiplayer they could be tweaked further after release.

Looking good.I thought you'd given up on the project.But you've actually been very busy. :)

Hi again keno, thanks for answer, you can give list of converted vehicles from A1 and A2?

JaT making mod based on WW4 and WW4 EXT and A2 vehicles (Car, Air, Armored, Static, Objects, Weapons) for our SG.

Last questions from JaT:

1) You planned update WW4 Arctic?

2) You planned fix bug with rucksacks when player in house? (Look Z-Day mod, players can save in house) I heard in 1.99 add special script commands for save object position in house.

3) You planned add stand reload animation? (By STGN)

Thanks.

Edited by Spirit_JaT

@ Maczer: It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

@ Spirit: It seems that there might be a bit of overlapping then. Are you planning on releasing your ports publicly?

Vehicles already ported:

- M1A1 (A2)

- M1A2 (A2)

- T-72 (A2)

- T-90 (A2)

- M113 (A1)

- BMP-2 (A1)

- Mi-24 (A2)

- Mi-8T (A1)

- AH-6 (A1)

- MH-6 (A1)

- UH-60 (A1)

EXT vehicles that will be replaced with Arma ports:

- Supercobra

- LAV

- A-10

Those are the ones that will be ported for sure. There's other vehicles I might end up porting, but those are all low priority and it will depend on how much time I've got left. New vehicles that I would also like to port are the zodiac (or any other water vehicle) and the huey. Again, that's low priority.

1) Depends on what you mean. The configs for infantry and vehicles need to be updated to be compatible with the new EXT version, but no ArmA ports will be done for Arctic.

2) I will look into it. I need to revise the rucksack scripts anyway, as they are still buggy in the dev version for other reasons (and have been since last year). I might end up cutting some features but it will depend on how the bug fixing goes once I bring myself to get my hands on it.

3) No, that's not planned.

--

Some old recording done while testing some new scripts:

Kenoxite, thanks for answer.

I think we don't release our mod public, maybe we do something without permission, we can talk about it in PM.

1) I speak about modern Russian and US units.

2) Ok, it's problem actually for our MP Games when one team defend house and when they ammo low they can't use rucksacks normally.

3) Ok.

OK then. I thought you might want to release that, in which case it might have needed some coordination between us. But if it's done to be used privately then no problem.

1) No, that's not planned. It's mostly due to the existing arctic vehicles being too old for modern infantry units.

2) I'll see what I can do. The new 1.99 commands you were talking about must be getposASL and setposASL.

If your talking about converted models from arma1 or 2 then all you have to do is download the public data and use that instead. Just read the license and comply with it. If it say limited to Arma title, it includes armed assault, arma 2, arma 3 and arma:cwa. There are 3 licenses for puclic data. The only one that you can't use in other arma series is data under DML-SA as it's only for A2DayZ mod.

If you are talkig about permission for other models thay was taken from other mods then just ask permission from the original creator. There's.no reason for them to be greedy about it.

Thing about it is license page is down. :3

Edited by Capjerahya

Progress is amazing here! Might try and film a promo for it sometime.

@ Revan9190: Thanks. That'd be great, actually.

@ MartanCJ: Yes, it does.

@All: There should be a release in about two weeks or less.

Once I get internet at my new apartment, I'll be able to upload whatever I film and put together. It'll likely show primarily the new vehicles and such, but I'll try and squeeze in all the features - at least the most noticeable ones.

Noticed you guys are working on bipods, will there be some new features to core WW4 mod too? Would be nice seeing things like fire that hurts players (not AI though), backblasts, swimming, jumping over fences, houses and trees catching fire and stuff like that. :)