kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

@krzy: Well, that might come handy, thanks. If only I was aware of this when I was working on specop units past year.

--

While I've managed to tweak the kapi further it still has its share of problems (aesthetic ones). It'll be (it is) added to the model, regardless, and one of the units will be equipped with it (rest of units will have it hidden, using helmets instead). If anyone wants to keep working on it let me know and I can send the p3d and textures, or you can use the ones found in the pbos once the next patch is out. If you get to fix them, don't be a jerk and share it with the rest of us.

QyEiRaR.jpg

Still using ivosm textures as base, but a bit more brownish this time. Kepis worn higher and their model more bent so they are closer to the real deal. Unlike in the previous sshots, this kapi fits in a full head model (previous one used a half head). No vests, so these units will be squishier than the already released VDV. They will still be a bit sturdier than insurgents (who don't wear vests either).

As you can see, there's a problem with the texture of the lapels. The straps seem to be too wide and are overlapping the piece the lapels use as texture (or that's what it looks like).

There's also a problem with the shadows using the lowest LOD. I don't recall having this problem with other units, but it's been more than a year since the last time I tinkered any of them. I could barely remember which button was what in Oxygen. It might be fixed before release.

Afghan war VDV units will make it to the next patch, which will be released this weekend (tomorrow or so). The alt mercs model was just me playing around while working on the kepi and won't be released.

Actually, chance of new infantry units to be released after the next patch is extremely low, unless it's only a matter of tweaking some configs. Remember that the next patch will include russian moto infantry in wood and desert (the ones used in vanilla WW4) and afghan VDV, among other new stuff. That should give players who like to play with russian or soviet units enough options. And there's always vanilla WW4 ones, which you can make behave like EXT ones by adding a simple call to their inits (see first post or readme). Further desert vehicles by Apocalypse83 will be included once they are ready.

Edited by kenoxite

It uses the lowest LOD (the "cardboard" one) instead of a higher one. It only happens with this unit. I was actually about to rebuild the unit by using Sanctuary's BIS model replacement for east to see if there was something wrong with ivosm's one.

Also, for the record, it seems the problem with the textures overlapping in the lapels area is present in all WW4 models. It's just usually obscured by the vest or, in the case of EXT's national army, by the already green color of the BDU camo. I guess Sanctuary thought no one would use his units without vests and called it a day :)

It cannot use the highest lod cause the lod used for the shadow must have less the 500 vertices IIRC (or something like that, the faces count matters too). So we use a low lod to cast the shadow. You can try by yourself : as long as the lod has "lodnoshadow=1" as property, it cannot cast any shadow.

Thanks! That was it. I actually now remember dealing with this before. I also had the Named Properties hidden, which didn't help me to realize where the problem was.

Also, for the record, it seems the problem with the textures overlapping in the lapels area is present in all WW4 models. It's just usually obscured by the vest or, in the case of EXT's national army, by the already green color of the BDU camo. I guess Sanctuary thought no one would use his units without vests and called it a day :)

I've also got this "problem" - all You've got to fix it is to cut the straps on the texture, in places were they're overlapping the lapels/collar. Then, in game it'd look like the straps are covered by the collar.

See this file, though I'm using ALICE straps here, not the Soviet WW4 style.

BTW: anybody knows what the hell happened to Multiupload.nl?

@krzy: I already tried that, the same way you did in your linked vehicle file [EXT overdose induced typo]. It still was showing the straps, just slightly less. With the added problem of making the "gaps" in the straps texture pretty visible. So, it created two problems instead of one. I tried several things: placing the upper side of the jacket texture higher, so it actually was placed where it should (by default, the neck and lapels are misplaced, way lower than the lapel models are), but the texture was still overlapping, modifying the straps position so they are bent away from the lapels and not straight (while it "fixed" it, it looked silly, and getting the front and back correctly aligned was a PITA anyway)... I decided to let it as is. All the solutions were equal or worse than the problem.

About Multiupload.nl: gone for good, it seems

--

Version 0.9.5 (aka v0.9 Patch 5) is out!

This is a particularly packed version, its main theme being russian and soviet units and vehicles. Also AI blocking smoke grenades, fast rope and paradrop transport support insertions, etc. I've been marathoning this patch for days now, so I'm pretty much dead tired. Just look at the screenshots and check the readme, please.

hvXfrAk.jpg

gSe1Gcs.jpg

afFacih.jpg

pdEghMK.jpg

Check the fist post for the download link and more info.

CHANGELOG:

v0.9.5 - Russian motorized infantry, VDV Afghan, BMP-3, BTR-70, AI blocking smoke grenades, fast rope and paradrop insertions

Logics:
- NEW: Fast rope and paradrop insertions added to transport support when helos are used. Fast rope via heavily modified version of Blip's Multi-Rope script. Multiplayer untested. (ww4ext_support) 
- NEW: AI detection blocking smoke grenades. Toggle-able via placement of a logic found in "WW4 EXT Logics/Unit Scripts". Also included in the "Enable all" logics (ww4ext_helper)
- FIX: Probably reduced chance of rucksacks dropping two magazines instead of just one. The bug seems related somehow to the remove and replace scripts, where the rucksack EH seems to be applied twice (although it isn't) (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Added check for locality in all unit init scripts (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Reduced initial wait in replace and remove scripts (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Support requests will check if player has map enabled and decline if not (ww4ext_support)

Units:
- NEW: WW4's Russian army infantry units converted to EXT. Available in woodland and desert camo. Found in "WW4 EXT/Russian Motorized Infantry/Infantry". Premade groups available, where they are assigned BMP-2 (for woodland) and BMP-1 (for desert), or BMP-3 (ww4ext_rusarmy)
- NEW: VDV Afghan era units (ww4ext_vdv)
- CHANGE: BIS east unit premade groups now closer to real soviet equivalents. Squads are now assigned the "new" BTR-70 (ww4ext_rpl)
- CHANGE: BIS east Team Leader renamed to "Senior rifleman". Class name remains the same (ww4ext_rpl)
- CHANGE: Removed handguns from autoriflemen, replaced handgun mags with hand grenadeds rucksack pouch (ww4ext_usarmy, ww4ext_usmc, ww4ext_rpl)
- CHANGE: Added new classes to VDV: assistant RPG, AA, assistant AA and engi (ww4ext_vdv)

Vehicles:
- NEW: VIT's BMP-3 in green and desert camo (ww4ext_bmp3, ww4ext_bmp3_cfg)
- NEW: WW4's BTR-899 in green and desert camo adapted to EXT. Renamed them to BTR-70 (as their model is basically that) and gave them proper weapons (ww4ext_eastveh_cfg)
- CHANGE: Also added T-55 to east side (ww4ext_eastdesertveh_cfg)

Weapons:
- FIX: Removed side pouches in 1st person view from molle-like rucksacks (map_rucksack)

This should be the last update for this project done by me. Any further ones will exclusively be devoted to fixing remaining bugs or other errors related to the latest patches. In about a week or so I'll update the current version to 0.10 and provide the link to the new full pack (for those wondering, as long as the problems with vehicles mentioned in the readme and first post aren't fixed, EXT will never reach v1.0).

Edited by kenoxite
typo

@krzy: I already tried that, the same way you did in your linked vehicle file [EXT overdose induced typo]. It still was showing the straps, just slightly less. With the added problem of making the "gaps" in the straps texture pretty visible. So, it created two problems instead of one. I tried several things (...) I decided to let it as is. All the solutions were equal or worse than the problem.

Yup, know I see it too. But I think there IS a solution to it - remove the collar on model. It looks like this (sorry for dl link to picture but mine Imageshack account told me "f*ck off!").

If You'll like it, I can upload the model (I still must modify lower res-lods).

That'd be sweet. Yesterday I was considering doing that myself too, but there was so much stuff still left to be done in order to release the patch that I let it go. Please, send me or post a link of your modded model once you think it's done and I'll add a fixed version to the final update.

And, yes, imageshack, that was a pretty shitty move by them. Try imgur or just anything but that site. Imgur is the one I'm currently using. It will probably last for a good while, being the img hosting service of choice for the majority of reddit users. It also supports https.

Please, send me or post a link of your modded model once you think it's done and I'll add a fixed version to the final update.

Here it is. I was relieved to see that collar was present only in first two res-LODs, and ViewCargo LOD.

And, yes, imageshack, that was a pretty shitty move by them. Try imgur or just anything but that site.

Where the hell is this world going to?!

Thanks for advice!

Thanks for the help. I'll work on that in a couple days, once I decompress a bit.

Damn! Man, you've kept this going really well :D

I love tinkering around with the transport option, but I see in the patch notes fast-roping!? O.o

Gonna need to fool around and see what can be done :D

Thank you, yourself, original EXT mod creators and contributors... breathed new life into this C:

Thanks again, mate.

--

I'm officially now retiring from this project.

From now on only Apocalypse83 is allowed to keep modifying and updating all this.

Any further questions, bug reports or any other kind of feedback will be handled by him.

Once he decides to step away from these responsibilities the project will be considered closed. Meaning, no one will be allowed to further update or modify its content.

Apocalypse83 will now receive all the master files I've used for this project. That includes all the bundled third party vehicle models, textures, configs, etc. The permissions granted for the use of those vehicles was granted for the project, not myself. Therefore, Apocalypse83 should be allowed to modify them further (if he decides to do so).

I'm sure he'll do a great job, as he has done already.

Edited by kenoxite

Well, this is good news for me. I've always been a big fan of this project, and I think me and kenoxite are on the same page when it comes to what the end product should be. Mainly, I just wanted to add desert re textures for the original BIS models, to compliment all the brilliant desert units from WW4 and EXT. I want the re textures to be of high quality, but not at the high expense of performance. Which I think most people will agree with.

Of course, permissions seem to be a big issue when it comes using textures from other addons. If anybody has, or knows of any permission free textures for any desert vehicles, including the ones I have created, (which I am not entirely happy with) I would be glad to use them for this project. Textures can be modified and patched without effecting any missions. Any suggestions are always welcome.

Also, I will need help if anyone has any bug reports, because I am not that good on the technical side. But this should be the last patch for the time being.

@krzychuzokecia. I've taken note of the texture problem on the VDV units. If you have any experience in replacing textures and patching, you can sort this out. And any future patches won't effect any mission you create using these units. I'd like to use these units myself, at some point. They look the part.

Well, to me a little sad that that keno is no longer working on this project.

But I have some idea.

I talked about this sanctuary and keno. But apparently me so no one heard :)

I hope you hear me Apoc.

What you think about winter camouflage for Vehicles and Men for all sides?

I think it will be good. I Can make some missions for WW4 EXT, but not now.

If you make it - it will be good.

P.S Sorry if my English is not very good.

Spirit.

Hello MachineGunner,

I think winter vehicles and units is a great idea, and I'm sure Sanctuary and Kenoxite would agree. But that would be a very long time in the making, and it would also require some winter Islands. As far as I know, Sanctuary and Kenoxite are not going to be creating any more content. So the project should be on it's way to closing.

As for me, I am focusing on getting all the desert vehicles sorted out. So I've already got my work cut out for me. I actually want to build missions myself at some point. But anything is possible in the future.

Hello MachineGunner,

I think winter vehicles and units is a great idea, and I'm sure Sanctuary and Kenoxite would agree. But that would be a very long time in the making, and it would also require some winter Islands. As far as I know, Sanctuary and Kenoxite are not going to be creating any more content. So the project should be on it's way to closing.

As for me, I am focusing on getting all the desert vehicles sorted out. So I've already got my work cut out for me. I actually want to build missions myself at some point. But anything is possible in the future.

Well... I understand you're not going to make winter camouflage for units and vehicles, only desert?

Desert camouflage it's good. But and winter camouflage is good.

So, if you want to do something, do it yourself.

Thanks for answer.

If I can, I'll try to make this camouflage...

Spirit.

WW4 EXT updated to 0.9.6

Ba2UxI4.jpg

N1XBZWP.jpg

More info and links in the first page.

Changelog:

v0.9.6 - GRU Spetsnaz, guerrilla units and other fixes

Logics:
- FIX: Fixed compatibility issues with latest version of FWATCH (1.13), regarding key press detection
- NEW: Smoke grenades: reshaped and reduced size of blocking object, so it doesn't bleed through the smoke as much. Delayed its appearance a bit. (ww4ext_helper) 

Units:
- FIX: Problems with the texture of the lapels in afghan VDV units should be minimized, if not solved now. Uses krzychuzokecia's model tweaks (ww4ext_vdv)
- NEW: Guerrilla units in woodland and desert camo for all sides. Using WW4 militia unit models and stats.
- NEW: Spec op units for Soviet/Russian side. Using WW4 Shadow Ops unit models and stats.

--

The only reason I've released this patch is because I needed for another project which will be released this weekend. Apoc is still in charge of the final update, which will include his desert vehicles once they're finished.

It's good that the smoke grenade block has been tweaked. You've got to wait a few more seconds for it to deploy, which is better. And I haven't had any problems using the new fwatch so far.

@JdB: Thanks for the mirror. Appreciate it.

WW4 EXT updated to 0.9.7

Desert BDU units and new woodland BDU models:

5fpkJYx.jpg

Those units feature cat eyes on their first LOD. Spec op units are excluded:

5uUXMBj.jpg

Update to arty support script. Only affects ARTY_FFE.sqs (so, only direct calls via script). The one available via the personal menu still only uses just artillery for all the calls.

There was a problem with the way the scripts were saving the keys defined for the personal menu when using FWATCH. If you were previously using this and it didn't work, you can fix it by deleting the ww4ext.db found in:

<your OFP or CWA directory>\fwatch\mdb\ww4ext.db

Once you delete it, EXT will create a new default one the first time you play a mission that uses the personal menu. Alternatively, you can just edit the ww4ext.db file with a text editor and remove any quotes around the defined keys (so, "C" becomes C, etc).

More info an download links in the first page.

CHANGELOG:

v0.9.7 - East static MGs, desert T80 and BMP2, M16A2, desert BDU units, T55 and FWATCH fixes

Logics:
- FIX: Fixed keybinds being saved as strings when using FWATCH
- CHANGE: Updated ARTY_FFE script (which allows to directly call fire missions). Among other things, it now simulates MLRS batteries.

Units:
- FIX: T55s should now be correctly identified now, regardless their side
- NEW: Desert versions of T80 and BMP2 for east and resistance sides
- NEW: US Rifle, Rangers and spec op units in desert BDU
- CHANGE: T55 parent class now belongs to east side instead of resistance, and all the rest of T55s derive from it.
- CHANGE: West BIS replacement and other BDU units now equipped with M16A2
- CHANGE: BDU units now equipped with older gear in general. Some helmets have cat eyes.
- CHANGE: Desert vehicles now how custom desert icons in the squad bar

Weapons:
- NEW: NSV and KORD machine guns for east and resistance sides (found in "WW4 EXT/Soviet Army/Vehicles", "WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles" and "WW4 EXT/Vehicles Res")
- NEW: M16A4 M203 SD and M16A4 Acog SD
- NEW: M16A2 variants (M203, Acog, SD, M203-SD, Acog-SD)

Other:
- FIX: Removed occlusion from the invisible objects used for smoke grenades (meaning that no object, unit or landscape element behind them will be hidden any more)
- CHANGE: Added as medics afghan VDV, GRU spec op, arctic and desert BDU units able to heal to the "heal group" script, available through the personal menu