kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

@Zulu1

Try this new version of ww4ext_magazines.pbo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/expd0qpl0nh8lr9/ww4ext_magazines_fix.zip

This should finally allow you to use javelin gunners without problems by using my proposed mod load order.

It works for me, so if you also give an OK I'll include it in the next patch. That patch was going to be released regardless of this, to include a new support option and other minor stuff. If this bug can be finally squished then there will be even more reasons to release a new patch.

Ok in general that looks like it fixed things ;) I also ran into something wonky when trying to choose launchers at the mission briefing from a list in the description.ext file. It's still there even with this fix. I think the weapon is ok, just the magazines seem to act up. The javelin is the only west launcher that seems to work. The others either the mags(ammo) don't show up or they show with the wrong weapon. I've only tried this with US weapons so I don't know about the Russian ones. Rifles seem to be ok.

Good, then.

Would you mind sharing your description.ext file so I can have a look?

Be it here or at pastebin.com

Good, then.

Would you mind sharing your description.ext file so I can have a look?

Be it here or at pastebin.com

Here you go...pretty basic

#include <ww4ext_dialogs\defines.hpp>

#include <ww4ext_dialogs\dialogs.hpp>

//////////////////////////////

class Weapons

{

class WW4_M16Acog

{

count = 5;

};

class WW4_M16M203

{

count = 5;

};

class WW4_M24

{

count = 2;

};

class WW4EXT_LAWLauncher

{

count = 4;

};

class WW4_SMAWLauncher

{

count = 4;

};

class WW4_CarlGustavLauncher

{

count = 4;

};

class WW4_JavelinLauncher

{

count = 4;

};

};

class Magazines

{

class WW4_W556_30Bmag

{

count = 20;

};

class WW4_M433Vest

{

count = 15;

};

class WW4_W762Sniper_20mag

{

count = 15;

};

class WW4EXT_LAWLauncher

{

count = 5;

};

class WW4_CarlGustavLauncher

{

count = 5;

};

class WW4_SMAWMag

{

count = 5;

};

class WW4_JavelinMag

{

count = 5;

};

};

//////////////////////////////////

New patch available!

Here's a quick video summary:

More information and download links in the first post, as always.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Changelog for 0.9.2:

v0.9.2 - Transport support, crouch orders, rof tweaks, new music tracks and some fixes and other changes

Logics:
- NEW: Transport support logic allows you to travel anywhere on the map by using land or air vehicles. Still requires further tweaking. Not tested yet in MP (although it should work) (ww4ext_support)
- NEW: More options for personal menu: crouch, alert mode (combat and crouch), night vision fix (makes sure your units don't wear NV goggles if mission reaches daylight) (ww4ext_dialogs)
- FIX: Add bandages script now only requires one slot free instead of two (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Personal menu should now also work inside vehicles when not using FWATCH (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: CAS black hawk hydra pilots are now the helo pilot kind (ww4ext_support)

Vehicles:
- CHANGE: Added more PKT ammo due to adjustment to new count of ammo in boxes (ww4ext_eastveh_cfg,ww4ext_bmd_cfg)

Weapons:
- CHANGE: Also tweaked PKT: increased engagement distance and ROF, added full and burst modes to help AI, particularly against air units, ammo box reduced to 250 (from 2000) (ww4ext_vehwpns)
- FIX: Javelin gunners and similar ATH units shouldn't freeze the game any more in some circumstances (ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: Rifle units should now reserve burst and full mode for engagements under 200m, while having a slower rate of fire the more distant the target is, in general. This should help AI better conserve their ammo, and slow down/balance the dynamics of long distance engagements (ww4ext_magazines)

Other:
- NEW: 15 new music tracks by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) which fall under the Creative Commons 3.0 license. The OPGWC music I included in the last update turned out to be by Hans Zimmer one half and the other by who knows who. So use these tracks instead if you care about copyright and proper attribution (ww4ext_music_cc,ww4ext_music_cc_cfg)

Obsolete information below.

Everyone should have the correct patch now, and seeing the download counts, I feel there's a lot of confused people about what to download and what not. Which is the patch from the first page.

Quick fix for a couple bugs regarding the transport support.

You might have noticed that the transport vehicles spawn at the pick up location. That is not the intended behavior. While attempting to make all this properly work in MP by using CoC global arrays instead of old trusty logics (which is the method I used for this same support system in my update to the CCE mission) I messed up the positioning of the spawner unit. By using this fix vehicles will spawn at the location of the support logic and will drive/fly to the pick up point if farther than 300m.

Also, it was almost impossible to enter the hind when waiting for cargo. I've finally have had to lower it below ground level so the get in action menu entry appears consistently. Apparently it's not low enough that its hitbox collides with ground.

As a bonus, the BIS and WW4 BRDMs are modified as EXT units and usable as transport. This wasn't going to go in until next week, but I spoted both bugs mentioned above when I was working on them.

If you already downloaded the patch you can just download the two modified pbos here [LINK REMOVED]

The previous patch link in the first post should now be replaced with a new version (0.9.2.1) which includes the mentioned fixes and additions. If you didn't download the patch previous to the time of this post grab the patch from the first post instead (forget about the link above).

Edited by kenoxite
MAN.IS.OBSOLETE.YOUR WORLD.OBSOLETE.

ohhh I really like the transport option you've developed.

When ya have the time/inclination, would it be possible to make a tutorial vid about how to set that up? Like your other support vids.

Glad you like it. And thanks for your general enthusiasm.

I'll definitely make tutorial videos for this and other features not yet covered. Meanwhile, you can easily use that support option if you watched the CAS video. Everything is mostly the same (logic location, presets...). Just note that when I say WW4EXT_CAS<whatever> it should be WW4EXT_TRANS<whatever>. You can also check the demo mission found in the patch (in the \missions directory) for more insight about how it's set up.

The next patches will concentrate on fixing bugs (like the mentioned by Zulu1) and further tweaking all the features introduced since 0.9. There shouldn't be more than a couple patches left before I'm done for good with this WW4 EXT thing (so, about a couple weeks). Around the time the patches are out I'll create the mentioned videos, if not earlier.

A pet peeve of mine for a long time now. Toggle-able.

New patch available!

And no video this time. Just plain old and boring text.

Lots of stuff in this patch, mostly fixes and tweaks, but also a couple of new brand things:

Jet flyby sounds. See the video from the post above to have an idea, or check the provided test missions found in the patch file. As the rest of fancy stuff, this one is toggle-able. Meaning that if you want to see it (hear it) in action you must place the corresponding game logic yourself on the mission editor (this one is located in "WW4 EXT Logics/FX").

New unit UI icons for all infantry units:

tLaKJRn.jpg

Now you'll know who is who in your team.

Also, there's been changes to how the rocket launchers work. This was needed in order to make them behave properly in the gear selection screen during mission debriefing (as reported by Zulu1). This seemed to be caused by the change in the location of the launcher's ammo, from the original in rifle slots to the actual one in the handgun ones. AFAIK this change shouldn't have any severe backward compatibility problems. If you find OFP moaning about ww4ext_weaponry just open your mission again in the editor and save it. That should solve it. There's a list with the new launcher class names and their new ammo in the "WW4 EXT launcher classes.txt" file inside the ww4ext_docs directory (inside the patch file).

Check the changelog below for more information about what's changed. Link and more information in the first post.

Oh, almost forgot. I'll upload a new proper mission tomorrow, most likely. It's a mission-mission, not a test or a demo of features, so I'll probably place it in the "User Missions" subforum.

Changelog for 0.9.3:

v0.9.3 - Jet flybys, unit UI icons, several fixes and changes related to launchers and transport support

Logics:
- NEW: Flyby sounds for jets, activation logic found in "WW4 EXT Logics/FX" (ww4ext_helper, ww4ext_scripts, ww4ext_sounds) 
- FIX: AI units should now be able to supply team members with Carl Gustav ammo when requested (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Personal menu wasn't recognized defined key presses when using it with FWATCH for the first time (ww4ext_dialogs)
- FIX: CAS vehicle should now disengage properly when RTB (ww4ext_support)
- FIX: Transport support should now work without problems in multiplayer (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: Mission makers can now simulate AIs call for CAS support. Requires marker WW4EXT_CASAI<side> (WW4EXT_CASAIWest, etc). Called through: [<AI unit>] exec "\ww4ext_support\CAS\CAS_call.sqs" (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: Land vehicles used for transport will try a new, closer destination if they can't find a path to the current one. They'll also RTB when all the cargo has debused before reaching the destination point (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: New global variable WW4EXT_TRANSAirOnly to only use air vehicles for transport when not specifying class and crew of vehicle (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: Heal group option in the personal menu now allows the medic to move to a patient regardless of its current Wait or Stop order (ww4ext_scripts,ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Added a hint pop-up informing of the default key to open the personal menu when using FWATCH for the first time (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: More checks and tweaks to make sure the spawner unit spawns correctly, particularly in dedicated MP servers (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: RPO no longer deleted if "disposable launchers" logic is used (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Added support to new EXT versions of rocket launchers to the AI rucksacks script (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Reduced min distance from shooter to hear bullet cracks and reduced max distance. Reduced horizontal radius from player to active a bullet crack. Now you should be worried when you get to hear them (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: CAS vehicles now use the support logic location as reference when RTB, not the spawner unit (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: Random time includes a global variable (WW4EXT_skippedTime) to help you display correct time on debriefing or player death in SP (ww4ext_scripts)

Weapons:
- FIX: Gear selection on mission start should now work without problems with rocket launchers. EXT units now use new launcher versions (ammo in handgun slots). Vanilla WW4 use vanilla-like ones (ammo in rifle slots) (ww4ext_magazines)
- FIX: Rucksack ammo for AA missile launchers should now correctly unpack into their respective ammo when used (map_rucksack)
- FIX: Corrected error in path to hit and ricochet sounds introduced in previous patches (ww4ext_magazines)
- FIX: BDM's 2A42 ammo custom sounds reactivated (ww4ext_vehwpns)
- CHANGE: Reduced flying bullet sounds further to increase chance of hearing weapon bangs when under heavy fire (and bullet cracks, if enabled). The "giant bullet fan" is still present, though, as I've not been able to remove flying sounds completely (ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: All rocket gunners now supplied with new EXT rocket launchers and ammo (all infantry factions)
- CHANGE: Added rucksack ammo versions of new EXT rocket launchers ammo (map_rucksack)
- CHANGE: Reduced engagement distance of 50cal, dshk and pkt in full mode. Not needed such huge reach now that they engage air with burst mode (ww4ext_vehwpns)
- CHANGE: New sound for the GAU12 based on real footage (also used for the su25 for now) (ww4ext_vehwpns)

Units:
- NEW: Every unit has an accompanying UI icon to clearly identify its type, particularly useful when using rucksacks (which overrides the carried weapon icon) (ww4ext_icons, all inf units)
- FIX: BIS resistance assistant rocket gunners have now the correct rucksack rocket ammo (ww4ext_rpl)
- CHANGE: US rangers pre-made rifle squads have now one unit equipped with AT4 (ww4ext_usarmy)

Vehicles
- CHANGE: Reduced volume of engine related sounds for planes (ww4ext_eastvehcfg, ww4ext_a10_cfg, ww4ext_harrier_cfg)

Other:
- NEW: Script that allows you to issue doMove (or any do<x>)  orders even if your group is Stopped or Waiting. Call it just before issuing a do<x> order. Use: orideWaitStop = loadFile "\ww4ext_scripts\orideWaitStop\overrideWaitStop.sqf"; _unstuck = [<_stop:bool>, <_noRadio:bool>] call orideWaitStop   (ww4ext_scripts)

Edited by kenoxite
that never happened

You might be wondering why I have replaced the links to the main files in the first post from mediafire to ge.tt (for now).

While this might sound frivolous for some of you, the answer is simple: since a week or so download counters don't seem to be working in mediafire. That means that my only way to know how much interest (if any) there is for my work around here is gone. The only motivator I have to keep going on is to know that someone is trying the stuff I come up with, direct feedback being so lacking in these subforums (understandably).

The problem with mediafire doesn't seem to be caused by me providing links via SSL (https) instead of the usual insecure protocol (http) in the last weeks, as it affects all my files, regardless of how I linked them. I tried to contact their support to inform them about this issue, but their CAPTCHA seems non-functional (not properly configured at server level), which makes impossible for me to send them a support ticket.

All this has forced me to look for alternatives, if only temporarily. Unfortunately, there's very few other services that can equal mediafire features regarding free accounts. The alternative should have enough storage capacity (at least 1gb), no expiration date for files, download counters and as painless and straightforward a download experience as possible. After trying several alternatives I'm sticking with ge.tt, a file hosting service that I've found almost by chance (although any ipad users around here are probably familiar with that service, as it seems to be built around that tool).

It has its drawbacks, though. The main one being that for registered free accounts (like mine) there's a limit of 50mb per file. That means that big ones, like the full EXT version, must be provided in several split parts. For those, once you have downloaded all the parts you must open (double click) the first one with 7zip or a similar program and it will automatically merge the whole file again, which you can then decompress as usual.

As a side effect, now you'll be able to view the download counter, as it seems to be public. For those curious among you, version 08, which was up for about a year, reached the astonishing number of 288 downloads (according to mediafire). v09 was at 97 when it stopped counting, so it seems it would have beaten its predecessor in a few months. civPopulate leads the pack of non-WW4 stuff with a solid 106, closely followed by my syntax highlighter for Notepad++ at 100, all of those being up a bit over a year now. You can get back on your chairs. The numbers shocker is over. Comb your hair and regain composure. As if you've never seen a file reach download counts IN THE HUNDRED.s.

So, that's the reason for the change. It took me a while to figure out that it wasn't all of you suddenly deciding that, update fatigue apart, you really didn't need a new patch. Fixes? Bah. I have tones of those already. New features? Pleaseee, that's so 2005. And, OMG you changed the sacred numbers set in stone by Sanctuary! How dare you! (actually, that's my secret plan, to upset Sanctuary so much that he can't help but to show up with a proper update to WW4 to show everyone "how it's done" :)).

I hope you don't find this change too inconvenient.

The change in file sharing site works fine with me :)

Gonna check out these changes :D Thanks for continuing to update it C:

Good to see you still working on this project, Kenoxite. I've been using this quite a bit. I was wondering if you plan on adding any main battle tanks in desert camo. I've been working on re texturing the original BIS tanks (M1A1, M2A2, T72, T55 etc...) and using the vehicle weapons and stats from WW4EXT.

Good to see you still working on this project, Kenoxite. I've been using this quite a bit. I was wondering if you plan on adding any main battle tanks in desert camo. I've been working on re texturing the original BIS tanks (M1A1, M2A2, T72, T55 etc...) and using the vehicle weapons and stats from WW4EXT.

Well Marfy's stuff has the most span but it's dated. There are other addons with desert components...but permissions would be an issue.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?oblast=addons&search=maf

Edited by Zulu1

Yes, permissions. Half my inbox is related to that... I talked about this with Roadkill some weeks ago. It seems that it's still being discussed with Placebo. Eventually, there should be a proper official stance on seemingly abandoned projects. After all, what's happening to OFP will end up happening to the rest of Armas as long as BIS keeps churning them out periodically. This isn't an issue uniquely affecting this community. On top of that, good luck looking for those content creators using these forums. No member search anymore.

Meanwhile, Apocalypse83, that sounds really nice. How long do you think it'll take you to finish them? I was planning on releasing only one more update, and then packing everything up in a final "full" version, but this might change that plan.

And thanks again, Yellow07.

I'd say that Marfy's desert vehicles are good to go since they're retextured BIS models - they'd look "coherently" with woodland variants.

But talking about additional vehicles, would You consider adding Offtime's Soviet BRDM-2 alongside with BIS one? BIS vehicle is actually Czech OT-65/FUG recon car, and it lacks any armament (which is present on BRDM-2). However, I wouldn't just replace FUG with Offtime's BRDM - it may affect mission compatibility.

Well, I really don't have any particular preference, but I agree on going for retextures instead of new models. Although the important thing is that one does not simply contact Marfy. AFAIK he didn't even have an account here, and all the references I've found is people asking how to contact him as far as 2004. I doubt I'll have any more luck 10 years later.

So, Apocalypse83, if you're up for it tell me when you're done and I'll add them. If I'm not around feel free to post a link or ask a moderator to add it to the first post, or to the main file, or as a mod-mod... as you see fit. I'm pretty sure whatever you come up with can't be worse than any of my retextures :)

About the BRDM, I think you mean the vanilla WW4 one (with MG/PKTM) I added a while back. Offtime/OFPL one really looks nice. But, again, Offtime hasn't logged in since 2007. The OFPL team, though, is still around, right?... Wait. I've just checked the provided license in that file while writing this. Looks promising: "This license grantes you personal and non-exclusive permission to use and modify any content (ie. addons, missions, scripts, 3d models and textures) accompanied with this license". Although I think this only applies to Offtime's retexture, not the model and configs, which are still under OFPL's license (if there's any). OK, I got all that wrong.

It clearly states that "All models and textures in this pbo are open source under OFF Licence. Please see attached file for details.". Unless anyone has any objection I'd say there's no reason why this vehicle shouldn't make it to EXT (with proper credits given, etc). I'll start to work on this later.

Edited by kenoxite
mi no rid gud

I could have the east tanks complete within a few days. The T72, T55, BMP and Shilka. They are just edits of the original textures so no permission problems there. As for the west tanks, I can't really commit to them because I've struggled with the patterns. It's a shame about not being able to contact Marfy, his M1A1, M163 and M113 would be the ideal. But I'll let you know as soon as I've completed the 4, they should be up to scratch, and I'm happy to help out on this.

Well, I really don't have any particular preference, but I agree on going for retextures instead of new models. Although the important thing is that one does not simply contact Marfy. AFAIK he didn't even have an account here, and all the references I've found is people asking how to contact him as far as 2004. I doubt I'll have any more luck 10 years later.

Jeez... I was under impression that Marfy's work was released as an open-source. Looks like I was wrong.

But if so, then: go Apocalypse, go! Let us fear Your's four Soviet armored horsemen! ;)

It clearly states that "All models and textures in this pbo are open source under OFF Licence. Please see attached file for details.".

Yup, almost all Offtime's addons were open-source. However, You were talking something about OFPL team which leads me to conclusion that You may had mistook Off's Soviet BRDM-2 with OFPL Polish BRDM-2M96. Both are open-source, but former is not OFPL release (while latter is not "Soviet" vehicle :)).

@Apocalypse83: Good then. Take as much time as you need. I will wait for the full bundle until you're done (or, again, if I'm not around, you can do it yourself). Meanwhile, I'll keep creating patches as I see fit.

@krzychuzokecia: Yes, that was a mess of a post. Once I've seen real pictures of both models you mention all is clearer. And, don't worry, I got the right BRDM-2. I just confused authorship there. The BRDM-2 only needs its main gun to be adapted to EXT. The model and config have been tweaked already. The old "BRDM-2"s are now renamed "D-442 FUG Scout" and "D-442 FUG Scout MG" (using Hungarian nomenclature, as it seems its country of origin), the latter moved from the "Russian" category to the "Soviet" one. Only names change, class names remain the same. Offtime's BRDM-2 (the proper soviet one) retains its name, and will also be placed in "Soviet" category. I've removed the numbering script, as it had the problem of blurry textures when using setobjectexture, and it looked somewhat out of place when placed side by side with other BIS units.

And here's a photo of the new family:

iPtAcPf.jpg

The BRDM-2 looks tiny.

EDIT:

About Marfy, the fact is that he never mentioned anything about how his stuff was licensed, which I guess falls by default in the "you're not allowed to edit my stuff without my permission" territory, but who knows.

Here's an example of his desert Abrams readme:

MAF_M1A1.txt

MAF_M1A1 'MAF M1A1 Desert' by MAAC & MARFY with support a-lone-wolf

Operation*Flashpoint - Copyright © 2001, BIS & CM

unofficial.M1A1.addon

M1A1 land armored wehicle with desert camouflage

Installation: copy 'MAF_M1A1.pbo' and 'MAF_SOLW2.pbo' into O*F 'ADDONS' subdir.

O*F MissionEditor: WEST | ARMORED | 'MAF M1A1 Desert'

More Infos & Addons at http://marfyart.hyperlinx.cz

Note:

This addon is 100% unofficially made.

Do not consult BIS or Codemasters if you experience problems with this addon.

NO warranties. NOT fully tested. Use at your OWN risk.

The mentioned site is dead for good. And the wayback machine isn't able to recover the old site. So there's no way to search there for some kind of clearer stance on permissions.

Edited by kenoxite
forgot about MARF

And here's a photo of the new family

Family photo! Sweet! :)

The BRDM-2 looks tiny.

Yup, IIRC: BIS made BRDM and BMP bigger than real ones. M113 on the contrary is smaller than it should! :rolleyes:

What's up guys, just to let you know the Soviet armored horseman are coming along fine, I'm happy with the way they look. I just need to do a few tweaks on the wheels, so bear with me. Got to enjoy the British summer while it lasts. Also, I was thinking about re texturing the UAZ in desert scheme aswell, something for the officers, but that's not important for now.

Nice. The UAZ would be a nice addition, but agree on focusing or armor first and foremost.

http://ge.tt/51yTGSk1/v/0

Here they are, kenoxite. BMP, T55, T72, and ZSU. They are all in seperate pbo.s and unextracted folders. I'm no good at confurations, just a copy and paste job from your config files, so you may need to compile them into one. I've put them under vehicle class = "Desert Armour", but you can change all that, or do what ever else you want with them. I plan to use these in my missions in due time.

Also, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but at the site Operation Flashpoint 2 files site, where I downloaded OGWC beta, it says in the description that since the team have disbanded, anyone is free to edit the models for release, so long as the team are credited.

It's not really that important, I was just wondering if this applies to the textures as well as the models. I can always use other desert tanks, but I know there are some pretty good textures that I could work with to compile some western armour. I'm working on a campaign, you see. I actually plan on completing it at some point. In any case, I hope my tanks are up to standard, I'm happy with them myself.

Edited by Apocalypse 83
error

As far as I know you are free to use any content associated with that mod as long as you credit them.

EDIT: TO ANYONE READING THIS, PLEASE, DO NOT USE MIRRORCREATOR.COM. It just installs crapware and makes users go through infinite loops. It's malicious and chances are your users will never get to download your files.

Edited by kenoxite
removed rant

http://ge.tt/51yTGSk1/v/0

Sorry about that, mate. I've only ever uploaded once before, but not with Mirrorcreator, so a rookie error. That adware stuff pisses me off just as much. I used ge.tt. instead, so hopefully it works this time.