kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

If I start mission with unit with rpo "shmel", computer freezes.

Hi Kenoxite, I decided to install addon to your WW4 on my server and created a couple of missions with them. How ever, I got a problem - the mission created by me do not run on the server, they just do not start when I click on them. What could be the problem?

@ktos: If you're still interested, I've created an alternative version of ww4ext_scripts.pbo that disables the deletion of disposable rocket launchers after being fired. It seems OFP/CWA is too finicky with this kind of action (same issue for some people with smoke grenades in vanilla ww4, it seems). You can download the alternative version here. Rename the old scripts.pbo if you want to keep it or just delete it (it's found in WW4_EXT/addons), copy the new one there and rename it to ww4ext_scripts.pbo.

@Machine Gunner: OK. This issue is currently being dealt with via email. So far my bet is some kind of conflict between the addons used. I'll update the thread with the solution, if found.

UPDATE: It seems that the error wasn't actually caused by WW4 EXT, but to remnants of unused addons in the addons[] and addonsauto[] in mission.sqm. It's also possible that there were some mistakes when updating or publishing the multiplayer version of his mission. All this is caused by how OFP works. Unused addons aren't purged and saving to single or multiplayer doesn't actually overwrite the old mission, so you have to delete it first.

Edited by kenoxite
update to Machine Gunner's problem

I've decided to update WW4 EXT to include some fixes and apply some changes. Now units are (almost) as clean as vanilla WW4 when talking about built-in scripts or eventhandlers, being most of them disabled by default. There's also a bunch of new scripts via logics, the most relevant are the CAS and artillery support ones. All you have to do to use them is to place their respective game logics on the mission editor. You can also personalize and extensively edit how those support missions behave, if you wish to. Also, WW4 replacement units for BIS ones are now usable separately. And the absolutely brilliant music tracks from OPGWC are now included (and its objects).

There's honestly quite a lot in this update that I haven't mentioned already.

Check the updated first post for the download link and more info about this update.

I hope you like it.

Minor update to fix some silly error in ww4ext_scripts.pbo. It seems I forgot/carelessly deleted something in the "random time" script that makes it non functional.

Just download this fixed version and overwrite the existing one (in WW4_EXT\addons): http://www.mediafire.com/download/m0xl8u34dk9h219/ww4ext_scripts_v09_fix1.zip

If for some reason you want to fix it yourself just go to the ww4ext_scripts\weather\randtime.sqs file and in the line 30 add #init above it, so it looks like:

#init
?(!local _logic) : exit

I've also been informed by Faguss that the fwatch scripts could use some improvements, so I'll provide another fix later. In this case the scripts work, but they are suboptimal.

Finally, it seems that I unfortunately forgot to add some credits in the included readme text file (not in the included documentation folder, though), and the changelog has some obsolete information, like informing that resistance has now a mi17, which has not (I wasn't able to make the unit to behave correctly; it wasn't being correctly identified as enemy for some weird reason).

Although I've made my best to make sure everything is correct and functional this kind of errors honestly don't surprise me, as this update was a particularly complex one. There shouldn't be any big problem, anyway. But there's probably more small errors in the scale of the ones mentioned so far. Note that the known ones for the vehicles are still present, but this update didn't tackle with any of those. TBH I don't think I'll be able to fix them, as most of them seem related to using the available BIS tools, like textures strangely not being applied, while properly declared and included in the pbos.

Finally, I should create proper tutorial missions and documentation for some features (like the CAS and artillery support), and I'll try to do so in the following days.

Please, feel free to report any further bugs, omissions or errors you find.

Wow nice. Glad to know you are still working on this :) really cool stuff.

Thank you both.

Reason was the problems mentioned by a couple users above, and those damn tan boots on BDUs... I also wanted to include the stuff I was mentioning in the first post of the previous update: more scripts and objects (and some fixes, etc).

And here is a sneak peek of a new toggle-able feature available in the upcoming patch, which will be probably released this weekend:

Audible up to 100m, as long as the bullet is still supersonic.

One small, config-ish thing You may change in patch: East side has two classes: WW4 EXT/BIS/Infantry and WW4 EXT/BIS/Vehicles. Second one contains BIS vehicles but with WW4 EXT/BIS units. But on the West side there is only WW4 EXT/BIS/Infantry - BIS vehicles are thrown into WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles which is kinda misleading - when I spawned HMMWV I thought it'd be crewed by modern-style driver. But it was crewed by WW4 EXT/BIS unit. So, if You could move those BIS vehicles to it's own class (like on East side), that'd be great.

Also, Ranger units in ACU are using old style PASGT/ALICE vests/webbing instead of modern IBV (like Army units). It seems off to me, but maybe it was planned, I don't know.

Agreed on the BIS vehicles for west. It would probably better to leave the army vehicles as they were in previous updates (so, manned by ACU units) and create a new "BIS vehicles" category for west, manned by WW4 BIS units.

About ACU rangers, they are actually using the original WW4 models. I'll make them use the army recon models, which are exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks for the feedback!

I've got one more question: where could I find units with rucksacks? I've enabled proper game logic (Enable rucksacks for player & AI), but I can only find RTO with his radio. Assistant gunners and ammobearers have no backpacks for me :(.

Also: when I play as East (or Resistance) with "Enable CAS for West" game logic, I can still call for support, though there's no radio chatter and Mi-24 spawn almost in front of me!

Rucksacks: Weird, that shouldn't happen. Which faction and units were you using?

While testing this I've found another error, though. Player backpacks were removed when "enable for players & ai" was used (not when "enable all" variants or "enable players", though). So, that will be (is) fixed.

CAS: You're correct, there should be a check there to prevent this. It'll be fixed in the next patch.

This is very useful, keep it coming.

While testing this I've found another error, though. Player backpacks were removed when "enable for players & ai" was used (not when "enable all" variants or "enable players", though). So, that will be (is) fixed.

That should be it - I was just messing around in editor, so there was no AI on map, and I wasn't using other backpack logics (only "player & AI"). Actually, once I was almost sure that I was spawned with rucksack, but it disappeared after a millisecond.

Mystery solved then. And what you saw was normal procedure. If no rucksacks are to be used they are removed in the very first second/s of the mission.

Ok I've had a little time to start to play with this. It's a very nice addition to WW4. I finally got the rucksack thing figured out, like krzychuzokecia I first thought there was a bug with ammo bearers.

A few things I have noted are:

1. All of the _ext army ranger javelin gunners on west side have some issue (armed with SCAR-H). When used as AI they report ammo low and if you go to the map/gear the game locks up. When used as player the mission dosen't start and I get a out of reserved memory error.

2. The desert BMD3 has crew in green cammo, should be desert units?

3. The ZU-23M1 only has AA gun ammo, no AA missles.

I'll keep tinkering around and see if anything else shows up.

I'll try to come up with some missions using the ext stuff, looks like some cool posibililites.

Oh. BTW if future expands are planned some desert tanks would be nice.

1. Can't reproduce so far. Usually the freeze in these cases are caused by bad ammo assignment: usually the config gives them more ammo than there are free slots (I had that happen to me before). But here the fact is that they moan about lack of it. Which leads me to wonder if there's something wonky about your mod load order. The SCAR-H is added in ww4ext_magazines.pbo, and it's not present in the vanilla ww4_magazines.pbo. For compatibility issues (to make vanilla WW4 units match the WW4 EXT ones, as there's some changes to zeroing in most weapons, etc) all weapons, magazines and ammo classes are the same as the ww4 magazines pbo. So, it might be possible that the ww4 pbo is being loaded after the ww4 ext one. That would probably mess with the SCARs. Just a guess, anyway.

2. Yes, I know. Unfortunately I only created VDV units in "woodland" camo. I might create desert versions eventually but, right now, the chances of creating further units is quite low. TBH I'm a bit saddened to have neglected soviet/russian units so far. Who knows.

3. Noted. I'll try to fix it in the next patch

Ah, yeah. There's a serious lack of desert armor. If only I were a good texturer. My attempts (stryker, etc) are less than optimal. And considering that I'd work with BIS original textures, which are... outdated... well, it'd look really really not good, I'm afraid.

Thanks for all the feedback. And it'd be really great to have some missions for WW4 EXT.

------------

The upcoming patch will probably be released tomorrow (Sunday). It would have been up earlier but I got caught up in some video editing. And, man, that takes a long, long time (I've actually just slept a couple hours today, damn you Windows Movie Maker and your shenanigans...).

I was planning on putting up a couple video tutorials about the support options included in the latest version of WW4 EXT, but I'm afraid that only one will be up tomorrow (the CAS one). This is what I have so far. It needs further tinkering, particularly the subtitles. Unfortunately, WMM is more than limited for that purpose. I might end up ditching it completely (maybe for VSDC). Well, here it is (remember, WIP):

[EDIT - video removed, check the final (for now) version in the first post]

I've also created a kind of trailer for WW4 EXT. I've updated the first post so you guys can see it now.

I also haven't been able yet to make the bullet cracks feature multiplayer compatible, so I'll release just the SP version.

Edited by kenoxite
removed video

1. Can't reproduce so far. Usually the freeze in these cases are caused by bad ammo assignment: usually the config gives them more ammo than there are free slots (I had that happen to me before). But here the fact is that they moan about lack of it. Which leads me to wonder if there's something wonky about your mod load order. The SCAR-H is added in ww4ext_magazines.pbo, and it's not present in the vanilla ww4_magazines.pbo. For compatibility issues (to make vanilla WW4 units match the WW4 EXT ones, as there's some changes to zeroing in most weapons, etc) all weapons, magazines and ammo classes are the same as the ww4 magazines pbo. So, it might be possible that the ww4 pbo is being loaded after the ww4 ext one. That would probably mess with the SCARs. Just a guess, anyway.

@kenoxite

I reversed my loading and that seemed to do the trick.

edit: It fixed the crashing, but the underlying problem is in the config.

file:ww4ext_magazines.pbo (cfgweapons.hpp)

// SCAR-H

class WW4_SCARH: WW4_SCAR

{

displayName = "SCAR-H";

magazines[]={"WW4_W762_20mag","WW4_W762_20HDmag"};

The Army Ranger ACU class is correct.

The Army Ranger BDU and DCU classes you kept the SCAH but gave the units 5.56 ammo. That's why the crying of ammo low.

(forgivable for size of project :) )

file: ww4ext_usarmy.pbo (rangersBDU.hpp)

class WW4EXT_BDURANGATH:WW4EXT_ARANGATH

{

vehicleClass="WW4 EXT/US ARMY/RANGERS (BDU)";

model="\ww4ext_trp\BDUrecsold.p3d";

BDURANG_WOUNDS

magazines[]={"WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_JavelinMag"};

and (rangersDCU.hpp)

class WW4EXT_DCURANGATH:WW4EXT_ARANGATH

{

vehicleClass="WW4 EXT/US ARMY/RANGERS (DCU)";

model="\ww4ext_trp\dcurecsold.p3d";

DCURANG_WOUNDS

magazines[]={"WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_W556_30mag","WW4_JavelinMag"};

};

ooops another one: BIS Replacement East HeavyAT...too many mags (AT4 uses 6 slots)

class WW4EXT_BISRocketE:WW4EXT_BISRiflemanE

{

nameSound="missileSoldier";

nightVision=1;

displayName="Heavy AT Gunner";

cost=150000;

side=0;

accuracy=1.5;

model="\ww4_rpl\easoldier.p3d";

weapons[]={"WW4_AK74M","AT4Launcher","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30mag","WW4_E545_30mag","AT4Launcher"};

type=0;

threat[]={1,0.9,0.1};

};

-Thanks

Edited by Zulu1

@Zulu1

Thanks again for the valuable feedback.

Funny thing about the DCU and BDU gunners is that yesterday I gave them a good look after you mentioned the bug. I guess I was so focused in examining their ammo that didn't even occur to me that the problem lied simply in their main weapon assignment.

The problem with the BIS east gunner was that I forgot to assign them the WW4 version of the launcher and instead gave them the BIS one. The WW4 one (modified via WW4 EXT) makes their ammo to be placed in the pistol slots, so I can assign them more rifle ammo.

Both issues are now fixed and added in the patch I just uploaded. In fact, I saw your post just when I had updated the first one with the patch link, so I've quickly rebuilt the patch to include those fixes.

---

@All

I've just posted the link to the new patch for version 0.9. To install it, simply overwrite the WW4 EXT addons with the ones in the patch, or unzip the file as is and launch OFP/CWA by adding the patch folder to the mod list.

There's a lot of little/not-so-little changes and a bunch of fixes. It also includes a new feature: bullet cracks, enabled via "WW4 EXT Unit Scripts/WEAPONS/ Enable bullet cracks". Actually, now "Enable all" variants activate both the tracers and bullet cracks, so you can use that instead. Also, MANPAD units (AA infantry) for all (or almost) the factions. Check the changelog for the full list. It's quite large, actually.

As always, you can get the link to the file in the first post of this thread.

Have fun. And feel free to keep reporting any bugs, omissions or other issues you find.

0.9.1 changelog:

v0.9.1 - Several fixes and some changes, MANPADs for everyone, bullet cracks, new Sanctuary's mosque

Logics:
- NEW: Option to play bullet crack sounds when they fly near player. Right now only for singleplayer (ww4ext_scripts)
- NEW: Random weather logic that doesn't change the fog (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Fixed error in "random time" logic (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Players should now wear rucksacks when using the "Enable rucksacks for AI & players" logic (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Fixed able to call for support when there was no support logic of their side placed in the editor (ww4ext_support)
- FIX: Hold fire will be preserved after issuing a "follow" or "clear" order through the personal menu (ww4ext_dialogs)
- FIX: Disbanded units won't disappear any more if recruited again (ww4ext_dialogs)
- FIX: Added delay and several checks before adding tracers to spawned unit, to avoid script error displays by bn_tracers_red (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: RTOs now are able to call for support even if WW4EXT_SUPPORTonlyLeaders is true (ww4ext_support)
- FIX: Fixed being able to still click for support on map after cancelling via action menu (ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: Moved the tracers logic to "WW4 EXT Logics/Unit Scripts", as it modifies the fired event handler (ww4ext_helper)
- CHANGE: No verbal orders when using the personal menu if group is in stealth mode (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Combat mode changed to red (open fire, engage at will) when issuing a "Contact" order through the personal menu (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Updated and optimized FWATCH related scripts (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Important support messages are now accompanied by a radio beep (ww4ext_helper,ww4ext_sounds,ww4ext_support)
- CHANGE: All WW4 EXT unit classes able to heal are now recognized by the healing script (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Removed debugging stuff that was left in disband and rearrange scripts (ww4ext_dialogs)
- CHANGE: Activate all logics now also activate tracers and bullet cracks (ww4ext_helper)
- CHANGE: Reduced velocity of artillery shells to that of a howitzer (ww4ext_support)

Vehicles:
- FIX: ZU-23M1 was missing its Igla missiles (ww4ext_vehwpns, ww4ext_ZU23M_cfg)
- CHANGE: Tank shells flying should be more audible now (ww4ext_vehwpns)
- CHANGE: BIS vehicles for west now have their own category (BIS/Vehicles). US army vehicles now manned again by ACU units (ww4ext_usarveh_cfg)
- CHANGE: All WW4 EXT vehicles should use the vanilla WW4 explosions when destroyed  (ww4ext_scripts)

Weapons:
- FIX: Rucksacks no longer add a "Deactivate mine" action when sappers and spec ops drop ruck mags. Now uses the same method used by the latest WGL. Rucksack scripts for AI updated accordingly. (MAP_Rucksack,ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Rucksack scripts for AI now support the SCAR-H (ww4ext_scripts)
- CHANGE: Lowered sound priority/volume of small arms bullets when flying (ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: Lowered volume of several sounds related to the use of rucksacks (MAP_Rucksack)
- CHANGE: Reduced speed ELR SD and 9x39mm ammo (ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: Increased effective range of pkm, m249, m240 and m60, zeroed at 500m now (ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: Reduced volume of the wss files of bullets flying (ww4ext_sounds, ww4ext_magazines)
- CHANGE: Tweaked 50 cal and dshk: increased engagement distance and ROF, added full and burst modes to help AI, particularly against air units (ww4ext_vehwpns)

Units
- NEW: MANPAD gunner and assistant MANPAD gunner units added wherever they were missing (usarmy, usmc, rpl)
- FIX: ACU and DCU ranger javelin gunners are correctly assigned M16s now (ww4ext_usarmy)
- FIX: BIS heavy AT gunners are now correctly assigned WW4 AT4 launchers (ww4ext_rpl)
- CHANGE: "LAAD Gunner" name changed to "MANPAD Gunner" for units other than USMC ones (usarmy, usmc, rpl)
- CHANGE: Spec op DA units will now use only suppressed weapons, if available. Less power, more stealth. (usarmy, usmc)
- CHANGE: No more dot/holo optics for BDU units (usarmy)
- CHANGE: Binocs now only issued to assistants, sqd leaders, snipers... for units from all sides  (usarmy, usmc, vdv, rpl)
- CHANGE: US rangers ACU now use the model of US army recon units (usarmy)

Other
- NEW: Included new Sanctuary's mosque (ww4_bd)
- NEW: Script to add MAP bandages to units with rucksacks (ww4ext_scripts)
- FIX: Some of the included missions weren't updates in ages. They should now (missions)
- CHANGE: Added missing original documentation from tracers addon (ww4ext_docs)

Edited by kenoxite
added changelog

Hello kenoxite, I must say, this WW4 and your mod of the mod, is the first tim I have tried to mod another on OFP, and I just love the support calling in feature you have added, fantastic! Thank you for your work :) and that of your fellow modders. Makes this old game shine even brighter :D

However, I have a query I would like to ask for some help,

Watching your support tutorial video on the first page, I noticed you selected a ready made squad, from the editor.

I seem to have made a mistake somewhere, as the only factions I can choose from are west/east/resistance/civvie... not WW4 US ARMY...

Could you detail to me how to get that feature?

Where have I slipped up? D:

Thank you for your time :)

Glad you like this.

About your problem, first let's make sure you installed and are launching the mod properly. This is usually the main cause for this kind of problems.

Make sure you followed these steps:

1) Install WW4

1. Download WW4 and its latest patch.
  2. Extract the files with a program able to unzip files to any location you want (latest Windows are able to do that, but if you want a powerful free tool for compress and decompress zip and 7zip I recommend 7-zip).
  3. Move the .pbo files found in the patch to the addons folder of the main WW4 folder (so, to @ww4mod25/addons). Say yes when asked to overwrite them.
  4. Move the @ww4mod25 folder to your OFP or CWA directory. If it's the Steam version you can find it in "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault" or similar. For the GoG or other version it'll be wherever you installed it.

2) Install WW4 EXTENDED

1. Download WW4 EXTENDED and its latest patch (the link of which you can find on the first page).
  2. Extract the files with a program able to unzip files.
  3. Move the .pbo files found in the patch to the addons folder of the main WW4 EXTENDED (so, to WW4_EXT/addons). Say yes when asked to overwrite them.
  4. Move the WW4_EXT folder to your OFP or CWA directory.

If you did it correctly you should have now two new folders in your CWA directory: @ww4mod25 and WW4_EXT. Both fully patched and ready to be launched.

3) Launch the game with the mods

Option A - Shortcut

1. Create a shortcut of your ColdWarAssault.exe (right click and select Create Shortcut) if you haven't yet

2. Right click the shortcut and select Properties

Example of the shortcut window:
    shortcut-location-properties.png
  3. Now, to launch the mods properly you must add the following in the Target field, after the call for the exe (after the last quotation mark): -nosplash -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT

If done correctly, the Target field would look something like:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT

The -nosplash isn't necessary, but it's good to have. It makes you skip the intro movies and go directly to the menu when launching the game.

Option B - OFP Launcher

1. Download

2. Move the files found inside the zip file to your CWA directory

3. Open OFP Launcher.exe

4. Click in the small "Change" button on the bottom right, change the Type of file to search from "OFPR Executable" to "All Files", navigate to your CWA directory and select ColdWarAssault.exe

5. Back in the main window go to Options (top left) and click on Mods

6. On the drop down field (not the Mod Name field) write WW4 EXTENDED (or any other name). Now you can fill both fields below. The Name field should have been correctly autocompleted. In the Mod directory name write this:

@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT

and click the Save button

7. Back again in the main window you'll see that there's a new entry in the Mods list to the right. Check the WW4 EXTENDED entry.

8. Optionally, go back to Options and select Options there. Check "Skip splash screens" and press the OK button.

9. You can now launch WW4 EXT directly from this tool by pressing the "Start Singleplayer" button.

This is the method I use. IMO it's easier and more flexible than the shortcut way.

--

Go through those steps again and see if it solves your problem. If it persists tell me about it and we'll try to figure it out.

BTW, did you find the tutorial useful? Was it a bit redundant (explaining things that are assumed and not needed to go into detail)? Would you like more tutorials like that?

Hello kenoxite, I must say, this WW4 and your mod of the mod, is the first tim I have tried to mod another on OFP, and I just love the support calling in feature you have added, fantastic! Thank you for your work :) and that of your fellow modders. Makes this old game shine even brighter :D

However, I have a query I would like to ask for some help,

Watching your support tutorial video on the first page, I noticed you selected a ready made squad, from the editor.

I seem to have made a mistake somewhere, as the only factions I can choose from are west/east/resistance/civvie... not WW4 US ARMY...

Could you detail to me how to get that feature?

Where have I slipped up? D:

Thank you for your time :)

Edited by kenoxite
updated instructions to be more generic

Brilliant :)

Thankyou for your help, worked :D

I didn't place your new folder in the main directory, nor did I know how to add multiple addons.

I wish you had us brits in this mod XD I love the support feature, it really adds to the game play... if I enabled it for East and had AI as East...would they be able to call in support? :o

And having a ready made squad/fireteam/unit... really makes making a mission easier.

Your tutorial video was very helpful. I would certaionly like to see more, if you were so inclined to do them - to learn more, would be very welcome :)

I am rather new to the whole Arma thing, let alone modding it (my addons file is a mess!) and easily forget where to find what (for example, game logic eluded me for a while!).

I think you chose the right pace and amount of detail, maybe add a bit more (such as, how you get groups of personnel from the 'groups' tab) - never assume the viewer already knows where to find things... presume its the first time they have seen the editor, indeed WW4's editor looks rather different to the vanilla one.

Good job all round :D

And again, thank you (and the others) for the mod, time and help C:

Gonna check out what else the first arma can do :D

Nice to see you sorted it out.

Support missions for AI

AI units aren't able to request support missions. The only reason to place support logics for more than the player's side is in the case you want to make a multiplayer mission. I might add that functionality later.

The main issue is that to make it as easy as possible the traditional OFP way the mission maker should manually create a trigger for every mission that used that feature. While this is required for the existing support options (like placing a marker to show the objective, as OFP can't do that itself), in those cases it only activates extra features. The only thing those two features really need is to place their respective game logics, pretty simple and straight forward. Markers, etc are just belts and whistles. But, as I said, for the AI to use support the core functionality itself would need extra work from part of the mission maker, which goes against the philosophy of this support system (which is KISS).

There's an alternative, though, and I've been somewhat reluctant so far, which is to use the same method WGL (the grandpa of ACE and ACE2) uses. There, every time a unit is initialized it's added to a global array. That way it's very easy to keep track of which units are present, and do all kind of checks and things with that. As I said, I'm not to keen to go that way, partially because if I keep going that path WW4 EXT would finally become WGL lite (or WGL wannabe, your pick, actually it actually is already :P) and partially because that would makes things start to behave wonky if the user decides to mix WW4 EXT units with other ones (vanilla BIS ones or whatever). The reason being that those units wouldn't be part of the global array, as they wouldn't have the same initialization process as the WW4 EXT ones. There's a way to fix this, which is to init those units by using the init scripts shown in the extra documentation of the first post. BUT, here we are again moving away from the KISS principle.

Meanwhile you can use the ARTY_FFE.sqs script to create simulated AI support missions. Check the docu in the first post to know how to do this.

Brits

About brit units, I'm afraid that won't happen. There's though, some very nice brit units around that you might want to check. Make a search for it in opfr.info. That's the place to look for addons. There's also the OFP section at game/filefront, but I don't care for it anymore since they started blocking a bazillion countries from downloading. F'em.

Tutorials

And roger that about your stance on video tutorials. Check the first post again. I've posted a new one about the artillery support feature. Those two where the ones I had planned. But I was playing with the idea to create a couple more. I think the most important one would be one about how to use the rucksacks. And how to properly include the personal menu in a mission.

More goodies

Seeing that you're pretty new at all this, you might wonder why your units look like they had a couple supercheezextraburgers before a mission start. If you're using a widescreen monitor (and, honestly, in this day and age chances are you are -even if you have a potato-puter your monitor sure isn't a CRT) you will want to install Faguss' OFP Aspect Ratio. Check the readme and keep trying until you figure it out and you get it working properly. It's worth the effort, unless you don't mind stretched, fat units. In fact, have a look at Faguss site in general. There's plenty of goodies there and he's still an active contributor to this community. Not to mention Llaumax's skies and similar mods (comparison here). It's easy to go overboard with addons for OFP/CWA, but I'd say those two are pretty much essential.

Thanks C:

Enjoyed the new tutorial, and I will check them links out.

Having a rucksack tutorial would be a good shout, its an ARMA2 thing, but I haven't seen them ever feature in OFP

@Kenoxite,

I believe you have the loading order backwards.

It should be -mod=WW4_EXT;@ww4mod2.5

You can test this by where the launcher mags go to.

With this arrangement the launcher mags go to the pistol slots. (I presume this is your intent?)

@Zulu1

Try this new version of ww4ext_magazines.pbo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/expd0qpl0nh8lr9/ww4ext_magazines_fix.zip

This should finally allow you to use javelin gunners without problems by using my proposed mod load order.

It works for me, so if you also give an OK I'll include it in the next patch. That patch was going to be released regardless of this, to include a new support option and other minor stuff. If this bug can be finally squished then there will be even more reasons to release a new patch.