kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

Thanks, professor!

--

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.3. More info and download link in the first post.

For the next version I'll focus on the existing vehicles, continuing the balancing and tweaking. Probably fixing some of the existent problems too. I'll also add some new ones I just got the permission to use, this time for East side. Yes, that side needs some loving too! I might also start adding US army special forces.

As always, feel free to comment on this update, the mod in general, etc. As I'm going to start tweaking the vehicles feedback and suggestions related to that will be particularly welcomed. And, in general, if you find any bug, please report it.

--

BTW, something I always forget to ask: Does anybody have the sounds pbo from OPGWC? I've downloaded the whole mod several times (from ofpr.info), but I simply can't decompress that file. It seems to be corrupted.

hi,

Very nice work new camo looks better. I agree east side needs some love too. If you could fix the V80 to make machine gunners fire on it. Maybe include EV Sukhoi Su-34, that's probably one of the best plane I have tested in ofp it just needs texture tweak. Good luck with your project I am really looking forward to it.

cya.

Nikiller.

Everyone will hate me for what I say, but ....

Please do not add too many things or this project will turn into another FFUR SLX ... :j: :oops:

EDIT: On the other hand, ignore what I just said, kenoxite. I believe you will make a great mod :thumbsup:

Edited by Icarus

Everyone will hate me for what I say, but ....

Please do not add too many things or this project will turn into another FFUR SLX ... :j: :oops:

I agree with you, too much can spoil the addon/mod.

What I would recommend is to keep/make it modular. So you can add or not the vehicles or add or not the units.

This way you can make the addons as you please and the final user only installs what he needs.

Very nice work new camo looks better. I agree east side needs some love too. If you could fix the V80 to make machine gunners fire on it. Maybe include EV Sukhoi Su-34, that's probably one of the best plane I have tested in ofp it just needs texture tweak. Good luck with your project I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks.

After some tweaking and testing I've managed to make MGs to fire at the damn Kamov. I had to make it inherit the helicopter class directly for this to work, and recreate everything from the kamov one. While I was at it I also added the rest of east air vehicles (also tweaking the existing WW4 versions of BIS mi24 and mi17), so they all will be targeted by both infantry and vehicle MGs. They'll be available in the next update.

While waiting for good model replacements for existing vehicles to come (if ever) I'll also start to create WW4 EXT versions of the existing ones, updating the crew, weaponry, armor values, etc. Same as with the rest of vehicles. So at least you guys will be able to use the original BIS vehicles with this expansion without too much worries.

I'm not sure about the SU-34, but if what you're most interested in is in a retexture I can do that as an aside. But, again, there's the problem of permissions. And that vehicle, plus others I'd like to implement (such as WW3 bmps, by AALEX) are from the russian forum (BTW the SU-34 is by Evgeni). Maybe you or anyone who knows russian and is registered there could send those two authors a PM requesting permission on my behalf? That would be sweet. If so, remember to be as courteous as possible and link to this thread, so they can see what's all about.

Maybe send a PM to FOXlauncher I think he could help you to contact them.

I'll try that later then.

--

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.4. More info and download link in the first post.

Vehicle tweaking and standardization will continue in the next version. I'll also tweak BIS resistance vehicles and probably some of the western ones. The existing infantry units will be expanded with new classes, mainly for National Army and Delta units. Probably some new vehicles too.

The next version will be published next weekend, as usual.

You are making a great work.Really good work.I will download the new version now.

Suggestions:

-Maybe you can use my Russian Units to east side too.I made units with some new camos like Flecktar and Digital,could be a good idea.

-You added the AH1 to west side,maybe you can add a MI28(I don't know who made it) and a MI17(from the polish addonmakers) to east side with the new Russian scheme("Black" Aircrafts).

Keep Walking and Thanks

You are making a great work.Really good work.I will download the new version now.

Suggestions:

-Maybe you can use my Russian Units to east side too.I made units with some new camos like Flecktar and Digital,could be a good idea.

-You added the AH1 to west side,maybe you can add a MI28(I don't know who made it) and a MI17(from the polish addonmakers) to east side with the new Russian scheme("Black" Aircrafts).

Keep Walking and Thanks

Thanks.

Sure, if I get to focus on eastern units I'll definitely have a look.

--

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.5. More info and download link in the first post.

The next version will be published next weekend, as usual.

On related news, I haven't been granted permission for the littlebird and a couple specop black hawk choppers, so I'll have to provide custom configs at a later date. I intended to include those along with the delta units. This and any further config file for not bundled vehicles will be provided as separate downloads.

hi,

Great work. Downloading!

Maybe use the Mi-2 to balance with littlebird.

cya.

Nikiller.

Maybe use the Mi-2 to balance with littlebird.

Sure thing. I love that bird.

--

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.6. More info and download link in the first post.

Once I get the US spec ops, BIS west vehicles and some configs for 3rd party vehicles I'll take a break. That might happen either in the next version or the one after.

I'll try to at least expand one of the russian branches (probably VDV).

--

As promised, this is the version of the multicam texture I'm using. It's edited from the original by Sanctuary, and available publicly (so use it at will): http://www.mediafire.com/download/jnzht275rpp2yp1/multicam_v2.zip

Also, the new 5t trucks retextured by Macser are available for download separately here:

- http://www.sendspace.com/file/gyo1zb

- http://www.mediafire.com/download/5z5c78z8qtp8j7v/ww4ext_des5t.7z

Here's the readme:

13\06\2013

Simple re-skins of the BIS 5 ton trucks.

To whom it may concern.

The files contained in this archive are free to be edited in any way shape or form.
No permission is required from me to do so.Especially as they are derived from default
BIS content.

A mention would be nice,but not absolutely necessary.Enjoy

Regards,

Macser.

Are you planing other Stryker variants (MGS, ATGM)?

Note that the goal of this expansion wasn't to create new vehicles, but to implement existing ones in a way that they fit well with the rest of WW4 units. So, if there's any around (which I'm afraid not) and I get the permission, yes, why not. BTW, the inclusion of the MEV was totally unexpected, and it's in thanks to the generosity of Macser, who thought it'd be a nice addition (and AFAIK it was never released before).

Hi, kenoxite, you can do 5t truck with MG?

Regards, MKL

It's quite unlikely. For the reasons stated above.

Somewhat disappointing news: there's an update, but it's not the update you were expecting (nor me, for the case).

Due to some "technical difficulties" my work on this update was halted just a couple days after I started. As this isn't a proper update I've decided to provide the link here, instead of the first post.

You more than likely want to read the readme linked below first, if only for the "Update Notes" section:

WW4 EXTENDED

version 0.6.5

by kenoxite

Unofficial expansion for WW4 v2.5 (by Sanctuary)

--

GOALS

Main:

- Adjust the gear of infantry units so it matches more closely that of the military branch they represent

- Modify or add new classes to fill the roles present in those units but lacking in vanilla WW4

- Add rucksacks to units and the ability to use them (both for player and AI units), without the need of further scripting by the mission maker

- Add vehicles based on those used by the given branch, while adjusting all the needed parameters so they blend well stat-wise with the rest of units and weapons.

Secondary:

- Provide fixes to some bugs currently present in WW4 2.5

- Provide some new built-in scripts for use in WW4 missions

--

UPDATE NOTES

This is a weird update. Due to some technical problems (my HD had a stroke) I haven't been able to work on this update as thoroughly as I intended. What you're seeing in this update is the stuff I managed to do before the breakdown, and it's only a fraction of what I wanted to include.

So, what made it in? US special forces, not including Delta Force and lacking some classes, some new armored civilian vehicles and other minor tweaks and additions.

Hopefully all my problems with this craputer will be solved sooner rather than later (more than likely by acquiring a slightly less crap craputer). While the HD has been damaged I still seem to be able to access quite a lot of its contents. And luckily enough most of the content in my CWA directory is still intact except for the User folder (bye bye hundreds of custom missions...). I've only been able to recover and release this thanks to my trusty Puppy Linux pendrive (great small distro BTW).

It's important to note that I haven't been able to test this properly before zipping it and uploading it. Also, because all this caught me in the middle of the update there's some pbos that are uncompressed, which will impact the final download size negatively (on the other hand, if you want to take a peek inside go ahead, although I intended to release all the raw stuff -models, textures, etc- once I was done with this expansion).

For an exhaustive list of all the changes and fixes included in this version, and proper attribution, you can check the changelog and credits below.

You can find the WW4 EXTENDED units and vehicles in:

(West)

- WW4 EXT/USMC/Infantry (D)

- WW4 EXT/USMC/Infantry (W)

- WW4 EXT/USMC/Vehicles

- WW4 EXT/USMC/FORECON (D)

- WW4 EXT/USMC/FORECON (W)

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/Infantry (ACU)

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/Infantry (Multicam)

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/Vehicles

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/RANGERS (ACU)

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/RANGERS (Multicam)

- WW4 EXT/US ARMY/Special Forces

- WW4 EXT/USAF

- WW4 EXT/National Army

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (W)

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (D)

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (Middle East)

- WW4 EXT/Guerrilla (Middle East)

- WW4 EXT/Vehicles West

- WW4 EXT/Support West

(East)

- WW4 EXT/National Army

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (W)

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (D)

- WW4 EXT/Vehicles East

- WW4 EXT/Support East

- WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles

- WW4 EXT/BIS/Vehicles

- WW4 EXT/VDV/Vehicles

(Resistance)

- WW4 EXT/National Army

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (W)

- WW4 EXT/Insurgency (D)

- WW4 EXT/Vehicles Res

- WW4 EXT/Support Res

- WW4 EXT/BIS/Vehicles

(Civilian)

- WW4 EXT/Civilians (Middle East)

- WW4 EXT/Vehicles Civ

- WW4 EXT/SPECOP Vehicles

- WW4 EXT/BIS Civilians

- WW4 EXT/BIS Vehicles

(Logics)

- WW4 EXT Logics

You can also find premade groups with those units in the GROUPS (F2) window.

--

REQUIREMENTS:

- WW4 v2.5

INSTALLATION

- Delete any previous installation of this expansion (by deleting the WW4_EXT folder)

- Download the files and extract the WW4_EXT folder in there to your OFP/CWA directory

- Launch the game with WW4_EXT loaded using your prefered method (init line in icon shortcut, using Kegetys OFP Launcher, etc).

[snip]

If you still want to download this half a version, go ahead:

Download version 0.6.5: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By2CaodBQ84GeU1wX2syZkZKNWM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by kenoxite
snipped quote

Just a heads up to let you know that I'm working on the next update. If everything goes as planned there should be something worth releasing next weekend.

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.7. More info and download link in the first post.

It took me a while going back to normal schedule, but here's the new update. I'll try to finish the BIS west vehicles and other stuff I mentioned for the next update, so I can wrap this up, at least for the time being.

WW4 EXTENDED updated to version 0.8. More info and download link in the first post.

This should be the last update, at least for a good while. Check the update notes in the first post for more info.

Quick fix for MAP_Rucksack.pbo

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/01gkao29j83w0da/MAP_Rucksack_v08fix.zip

Installation

Replace the MAP_Rucksack.pbo file with the one found in the linked compressed file.

What does it fix

Allows units to use the multicam, green and desert assault packs. They were missing from the function that checks for allowed backpacks, so nothing occurred when you used them.

Edited by kenoxite

Great mod pack, and a nice extension to WW4 2.5, the greatest mod pack of all time in my opinion. I've just noticed I'm having some trouble with the SMAW Launcher, it doesn't shoot properly when running the ww4ext mod folder, it just kind of floats about 2 metres then drops the ground. I don't know if it's just me, maybe it's clashing with some other mods or scripts I am using in my missions, but is anyone else having the same problem? If so, is there a way to use just the desert pilots and crew without using the rest of the mod pack because the Desert Marine Pilots (Helo) are the best (if not the only) desert pilots I have seen. Thanks to everyone involved. 10/10.

The bug with the SMAW launcher looks like some kind of conflict, as you mention. The "floating and dropping" might be affected by an external "fired" event handler. Try running ww4ext on its own (along with WW4, obviously) and no scripts and see if it happens again. If you happen to pinpoint which addon or script was causing this problem, please, report it here. If only so others are aware of it.

About the desert helo pilot, I'll see if I can get myself to create a standalone version of that unit.

Also, glad you find this extension useful.

I did what you said and everything, I even tried uninstalling and re-installing both OFP 1.96 and CWA and tested both, also I deleted my user profile (not important) but no luck. The SMAW Launcher blasts out fast with just @WW425 mod folder, but when I run @WW4ext with it, it just floats and drops. I also downloaded both the WW425 and WW4ext again and tested, with and without the MAP_Rucksack patch just to be sure. Apart form that all of the other launchers and functions are working perfectly I think, so no worries. And don't worry about going through the trouble of making a standalone version of the heli pilots just for me, as I intend to use most of the units at some point in my missions anyway. I use Relikki's rearm script all the time and it's great for rearming units with modded weapons really fast, and I'm sure I can easily find a replacement for the SMAW. Again, this is a brilliant mod pack, the new sniper rifle zeroing game logic is a great idea, the Toyotas are perfect, and the off duty soldier was just what I was looking for. (could be used as an escaped POW out in the desert) I could go on forever! Thanks again.

For what it's worth, I fixed this problem of mine by changing the order which the two mod folders are loaded. @WW4ext first. No more problems so far.

Edited by Apocalypse 83
Fixed problem